Bipartisanship

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sometimes people make things out to be more than they really are," C.J. commented as she thought of the bearded White House Correspondent.

"I thought that might be the case," said Ainsley.

"Ainsley, I was about to call it a day," C.J. finally said in a voice that began to reflect some of her fatigue. "Can we just let the past stay in the past, or at least leave the discussion of it for another day."

"Sure," the younger blonde smiled. "It's been a long day for both of us. I guess I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten, and if you ever wanted to ... to pick up where we left off, well I'd be open to that as well. If not, then we'll just leave it as a very pleasant memory."

Ainsley leaned over gave C.J. a quick kiss. A touch that while quite brief, still contained a remembrance of the passion of that night in Boston. Then, without speaking another word, she turned and walked out of the office.

C.J. stood there, listening as the echo of Ainsley's footsteps faded down the hall. She looked again at the untouched drink she had poured what now seemed so long before. Picking it up, she drained it in one shot.

The fiery liquor raced down her throat, warming her stomach. What was it they called it, liquid courage?

Picking up the telephone, she punched in the button that instantly connected her with the Secret Service detail at the main gate.

"This is C.J. Cregg," she said in a determined voice. "Ainsley Hayes should be passing by there in a few moments. Please ask her to wait for me, I could use that ride home after all. No, I wouldn't rather have a car from the White House carpool. I'm sure we'll manage quite well on our own."

As she put down the phone and hurried out the door, she said a small prayer that the World would do her a favor and remain uneventful for at least tonight. That she could simply be a woman for a few hours instead of the public voice of the President of the United States.

END