Black Widow - Compromised Ch. 02

Story Info
Natasha meets Bruce Banner, and relieves some tension...
7.5k words
4.28
21.4k
24

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 12/24/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note:

The following events take place during the first Avengers movie.

Most of the movie's events remain the same unless otherwise stated, though I may reorder some of the chronology for the sake of pacing. I jump around through the story so this works better if you remember the movies well.

Of course, Marvel owns all the rights to these characters, and there will be spoilers for the films involved.

*********

However much she tried to relax and focus on the here and now, Natasha could do little to distract herself from the frustration she felt. Personally, but mostly professionally, the frustration of the situation was beyond irritating.

There she was, breaking ground on the Luchkov case, when she had to leave it for someone else to follow up. She had literally discovered a new lead moments before she was pulled out, with the rest of the operation likely to be tidied up by an agent or team without actually cutting out the root of the problem.

On top of that, she didn't even get the time to re-group with Fury, or even Coulson, for a debriefing before being whisked off to the other side of the world for an entirely new mission, one she felt wildly mismatched for. Bruce Banner was someone she could handle - the issue was with the other guy.

In the background of this mess, she knew that Barton was out there, caught up in some world crisis neither of them were trained for. She had been given the hard facts, but she still didn't have the answers she wanted. An extra-terrestrial threat has arrived, taking with him a device of immeasurable power, and making sure to control the minds of some of S.H.I.E.L.D's greatest minds and operatives in the process.

Finding out that he had been compromised was one thing, but that word usually signified a bad decision in her line of work. This was the opposite, someone had gotten inside his head. This... Loki, an alien with delusions of grandeur set to start a war, had possessed his mind with only a touch of his staff. Was Clint still in there?

This train of thought was derailed as the van came to an abrupt stop, the engine sounding as if it was on its last legs. The transport wasn't exactly a quinjet, but trying to blend in the suburbs of Kolkata required a little change of tone. Stepping out of the cramped vehicle, Natasha was glad to find some air, even if it had all the freshness of any megacity.

The area was calm and quiet, with the sound of traffic in the distance the only thing disturbing the night breeze. Pulling her shawl over her shoulders, she walked into the house where she would be having the meeting with her client - albeit, one who didn't yet know he was in business with her.

She was too absorbed in the situation that she paid no attention to the strike team assembling in the area. They were merely a precaution, and one that no one wanted to have to use. After all, some of these officers apparently had known special-ops on Emil Blonsky's combat team in Rio de Janiero a few years back. It wasn't worth going toe-to-toe with Banner, or at least what he can become, because it's not even a fair fight with an army on your side.

Regardless, the Black Widow needed a gun, so they installed one for her, hidden underneath a small table in the middle of the room. The rest of the scene was assembled in a way only an organisation with the resources of S.H.I.E.L.D could pull off, with actors assembled to make some distracting noise and the recruitment of a young pickpocket in the area to lure Banner in.

Natasha had her reservations about using a girl that young, mostly from her own past, but she could tell the kid was smart. Sure, she was making quick easy money from this, but she would go far with her talent for manipulation. Plus, it wasn't as if they had all the time in the world to find another option.

Wearing a thin top and a long dress wasn't her usual style, but it helped with the climate. It didn't hurt that she could strap a knife to her leg underneath, for an extra level of safety. Despite her trepidation, there was something about Banner that seemed trustworthy, at least there was from the files and videos she had seen.

Two dual instincts within her were at odds. He was a threat, that was certain. And she knew as an agent to take all precautions, and put the success of the mission first - which in this case, meant not pissing him off. On the other hand, all the material she had seen had shown that this man was careful... or at least, as careful as a green hulking monster could be.

He would throw cars and cause a lot of damage, but there was always a direction behind it, however vague, and more often than not - the direction was to flee and hide entirely. Banner had been treating the sick in the city for a few months now, and it felt wrong to draw him out like this, in all honesty.

Natasha slapped her wrist, surprising even herself. She had crushed the mosquito, but she felt she had been trying to jolt herself awake too. These thoughts were too complex for the mission, they had no place there. What was happening to her? She needed simple and calm judgement right now, otherwise the job wouldn't go down. Dress or not, the Black Widow needed to take over.

After around half an hour had passed, Black Widow received the signal on her comms that the little girl was approaching with Banner. Breathing deep and slow to calm her nerves, she was ready for whatever came next. Like a pro, the girl ran past without a glance in her direction, straight into the next room and through the window. She heard a voice mutter, "Shoulda got paid up front, Banner".

Stepping out of the shadows, she said, in as soft a voice as she could muster:

"Y'know, for a man who's supposed to be avoiding stress you picked a hell of a place to settle."

"Avoiding stress isn't the secret," he replied, placing his bag on the floor and nervously looking around the room.

"Then what is it? Yoga?"

His played with his hands nervously, slowly pacing the room. Banner spoke slowly and with care, but he was a tense ball of neurosis, his jaw taut clenched as he spoke. This trait may be identified as a weakness in most targets, but with someone of his... talents, it wasn't a great sign.

"You brought me to the edge of the city. Smart. I assume the whole place is surrounded?"

He walked up to the window as he spoke, glancing outwards. Natasha noticed he didn't look at the ground, where her real hidden back-up was located, but to the clear sky above. This was a man who expected helicopters and even jet fighters in a trap, not just guns.

"Just you and me," Natasha said, removing her shawl and dropping onto a chair. She took a few more steps towards him but kept a little distance. He glanced at her shoulder and chest, briefly distracted, before looking away.

She didn't want to scare him off, she wanted him to feel at ease, and see her as a vulnerable person. Sympathy might be the undoing of a man like Banner, who was only on the grid at all because he was helping the sick.

"And you actress buddy - is she a spy too? They start that young?"

"I did," she said; a little truth to help the act go down.

"Who are you?"

"Natasha Romanoff."

Bruce looked down at his hands, almost as if preparing himself for something he really didn't want to say.

"Are you here to kill me, Ms. Romanoff? Because that's... not going to work out for everyone."

"No no, of course not," she took a few more steps towards him before stopping. "I'm here on behalf of S.H.I.E.L.D."

"S.H.I.E.L.D... how did they find me?"

"We never lost you, doctor - we've kept our distance, even kept some interested parties off your scent."

"Why?" His voice was quieter now. He looked as if he feared the answer to his own question. But his fear was measured; maybe he wouldn't be so hard to keep calm after all.

"Nick Fury seems to trust you," she answered. "But now we need you to come in."

"What if I say no?"

"I'll persuade you."

With this she gave him a half smile, and made sure to make lingering eye contact with him, to which he glanced away quickly. For a moment, he was caught in her web, thinking more about the implication than whether he was going to have to find another temporary home.

But a second later she saw some recognition appear on his face, followed by a sigh and a smile. He wasn't just booksmart, and while he may be a little naive, he was perceptive, knowing to second-guess his own instincts as quickly as she encouraged them.

"And what if the other guy says no?"

Natasha retreated to compassion once again, the friendly face of S.H.I.E.L.D. rather than the seductive smirk of a spy.

"You've been more than a year without an incident. I don't think you want to break that streak."

"Well, I don't every time get what I want."

She noticed him rocking a nearby crib as he spoke. A prop they had set up to make the place look like the home of a family, accidentally revealing his own feelings on the matter. Natasha grabbed her phone from the table, looking down at it as she pretended not to see.

"Doctor, we're facing a potential global catastrophe."

He laughed to himself, though there wasn't much joy behind it.

"Those I actively try to avoid."

"This is the tesseract," she said as she slid the phone across the table, showing a photo of the object Loki had stolen, the existence of which she had only learned a few hours prior. That was Fury, always compartmentalising.

"It has the potential energy to wipe out the planet."

She sat down and he approached the table, unknowingly bringing them close together as she wanted. Breaking that distance was a surprisingly effective way to make a conversation relaxed. Banner put his reading glasses on and picked up her phone to take a closer look at the glowing cube.

"What does Fury want me to do? Swallow it?"

"He wants you to find it. It's been taken. It emits a gamma signature that's too weak for us to trace. There's no one who understands gamma radiation like you do - if there was, that's where I'd be."

"So Fury isn't after the monster?"

"Not that he's told me."

In all honesty, Natasha wasn't sure if he was, and would rather stick as close to the truth as she could, whatever that was. Officially, Fury wasn't. Bringing Banner on board for any other reason wouldn't fly with the World Security Council, and he only ever told his agents what they needed to know. In this case, she used the information she had, not knowing whether she was lying or not.

"And he tells you everything?"

He was closer now, still standing as she sat, he placed the phone back where he found it, before moving around to the other side of the table. She felt like she was losing control of him a little, his agitation mounting. This was not a man who was fond of the government, especially the kind working in the shadows.

"Talk to Fury, he needs you on this -"

"He needs me in a cage?" he interjected.

"Nobody's going to put you in a-"

"STOP LYING TO ME!!" he bellowed at her out of nowhere, bringing both his palms slamming down on the table in front of her. Natasha, startled by the sudden outburst, reverted to instinct and swiftly pulled the handgun planted beneath the table, cocked it, and pointed it at him.

To her bewilderment, he barely reacted, then stood upright slowly. With an uncharacteristic smile of confidence, he said:

"Sorry... that was mean."

He stepped back and held his hands up like he was apologising for scaring a child.

"I wanted to see what you would do."

Natasha couldn't help but feel her body shake a little, even as she held her gun perfectly motionless, still aiming for his head. She knew the gun wouldn't do much harm to the Hulk, but she felt such a surge of adrenaline she could only remain that way, as she waited for the energy to dissipate.

"Why don't we do this the easy way? Where you don't use that... and the... other guy doesn't make a mess... okay?"

Her brain was frazzled by his shout and her eyes watered at the newfound tension in her limbs. This man could rip her in half in a heartbeat if he was so inclined, which wasn't a thought that sat well with her. Now standing, she stepped away from the table, keeping her gun aimed at him as she moved around him.

As her fear settled, she realised the power dynamic had changed, and she was going to have to find a way to bring things back or the conversation would be over.

"Natasha?"

It was then she thought of the forces outside. As per usual, she had made a point of refusing bugs or invasive eyes on the place. Luckily, Fury and Coulson had enough trust in her to let her do things her way, which meant waiting on her before making a big move. However, a shout like that might cause the team to get impatient and move in.

She lowered her gun, looking away from him for the first time in a full, tense minute as she held a finger to her earpiece.

"Stand down."

A voice in her ear told her that they had surrounded the hostile.

"We're good here," she repeated.

After a moment of silence she heard a reluctant voice reply.

"We'll retreat. I hope you know what you're doing."

"I do. Now stay," she said with authority, making sure they kept their distance.

"Just you and me?" Bruce asked with a smile.

She looked back at him, almost embarrassed that she had been caught in the lie. She didn't like having a team like this, even if she understood why. She had lost further control of the situation by having to calm their nerves, and reasserting dominance was becoming a less likely goal as the minutes went by.

"Yes, there is a team," she said plainly, removing her earpiece and throwing it onto the table. "But it is still just you... and me."

"I don't follow," he said, watching her carefully as she walked past, allowing her bare shoulder to graze his as she passed. She turned and lent back against the wall, holding her hands in front of her.

"They are here as a precaution that I didn't want nor can I dismiss. I can request no bugs, no interference, and I can get my job done. I just need to calm the nerves of the trigger happy."

"The trigger happy and I, we don't tend to get on too well," he retorted.

"You and me both. I like to think ahead. If I wanted to use you I would have gone about this a much different way, but the fact is that we need you, consensual or not at all. Dragging you kicking and screaming helps no one. And I hear your kicks are enough to put our finest in the ICU for a few months."

Banner took in what she said, but a glimmer of scepticism remained behind his eyes. He closed his eyes as if deliberating on the matter, then took a step towards her.

Making sustained eye contact for the first time in a while, he lent his arm against the wall, above her head. They were far closer than they had ever been. Was he threatening her? Was he trying to make it clear who has the real back-up in this situation?

"None of you need me. You always want, but you don't need. I can help here, I can be quiet here, I can stay hidden here. Don't pretend you're not the same as the rest of them, Ross and his lackeys. I know the drill. You back me into a corner, then act innocent when I get mad. I'm the fuel, you're the spark that ignites it. It's the same story each time."

Natasha placed her hands on the wall behind her and pushed forward, edging a little closer to his face.

"You've got the power here. I've got no leverage and no force capable of stopping you. There is no surveillance in this room and my mic is off. All those pieces are off the board. When you think about it, I was telling the truth."

"Which part is the truth?" he whispered, as her face edged even closer.

"Just me..."

He could feel her breath on his lips, as if her words made physical contact. She let her fingertips lightly stroke his shirt, moving downwards across his hip and to his thigh.

"...and you."

Her hand travelled to the inside of his thigh and momentarily stroked his crotch, where a bulge had already begun to develop.

While he stammered, she made her move. Closing the gap between them she brought her lips to meet his, using both hands to grasp his jacket and pull him towards her in a passionate embrace. Before he could react, she used the burst of intimacy to turn him around, leaving him now against the wall.

Now leaning against the wall, he said, "I didn't mean to imply-", before she cut him off.

"Imply what?"

She stared him down, frowning. Her hand was back to his crotch, caressing as she forced eye contact. As she felt his member swell beneath the material, her frown disappeared and she smiled.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked quizzically.

"It's mutually beneficial, doctor. You're a little tense, which isn't very helpful given your... condition. I need you thinking straight."

"And this will make me think straight!?"

"Well, it can be distracting. You've been engrossed in your work, in a new city, unwilling to get involved with anyone for fear of growing attached, or being betrayed. Sex workers? Probably not your style, and they talk. When was the last time you got off?"

He looked at her in amazement, shocked enough by her words that he paid no attention to her continuing caresses of his hardening dick.

"Look," Natasha said. "You need some action, and I need you to relax. Besides, you're pretty cute."

"Thanks, but -"

This time she cut him off without words, swiftly undoing his top button, pulling his zipper down with her left hand and slipping her right into his pants. He gasped as skin met skin, her hand stroking his semi-hard penis with a welcoming smile on her face.

"But, my heartrate - you don't understand."

"Oh, I do," she said, not stopping her movements for a second, "More than you think".

She continued, "I've seen your files, and we both know that bpm is as good a measure of your triggers as a sundial during the winter. And if you were worried about a little increased heart activity and bloodflow, you probably wouldn't be working 10-hour shifts in one of the busiest cities in the world."

With no retort this time, she pulled his cock from his pants and began to stroke him at a slow and deliberate pace. He immediately reached the pinnacle of hardness.

After thirty seconds there was no dramatic changes aside from a little heavy breathing and some precum that she spotted on the head of his penis, so she began to trust her own words.

His penis was a little larger than average for a man, at least from her experiences with the opposite sex. She wondered for a moment what the other guy's size would be, then suppressed the thought. That's something she'll leave the women in analytics to argue over.

"Banner, you don't have to trust me. But you can believe I trust you to stay normal. Why else would I do this?"

"This?" he asked, eye to eye with her as she jacked him off, the precum starting to flow over her hand.

"No. This."

She dropped to her knees and immediately took him into her mouth. "Fuck," he whispered to himself.

Natasha took half his length into her mouth, then backed up until it was only the head between her full lips. She traced her tongue along the underside while slowly compressing her lips on the swollen tip.

Bringing her tongue to the end again she tasted his precum, delicately kissed the end, before repeating the process, keeping her lips tightly wrapped around his shaft and a hand wrapped around the base. She kept this up for a few more minutes, teasing him with stimulation of the sensitive head and the encompassing warmth of her mouth.

Bruce grunted as she changed things up, now taking him fully into her mouth and throat. She held him there for a second before pulling back, giving herself a breather as she sucked on his head.

Back down she went, this time holding deepthroating him for even longer. When she pulled back she looked up and saw him watching her, no doubt overwhelmed by the sight of her flustered face, a strand of saliva stretching from her lips to his cock as she kneeled before him.