Blasphemia Ch. 07

Story Info
The end of the beginning, the beginning of the end...
6.3k words
4.82
7.9k
13

Part 7 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/21/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A cold silence filled the cathedral as Azagthoth walked among the unconscious thralls, his bare feet echoing against the tile floor. He looked around him dispassionately at Nico and Filia's handiwork. His eyes lingered upon the Angels. "The marks actually worked on the Seraphim. How interesting. I was expecting they'd kill you both."

Filia was still feeling nauseous from having her power drained, and was slow in getting to her feet. Her discomfort, however, paled in comparison to the growing hostility in her gut. "What are you playing at, old man?" she snarled.

Azagthoth smiled again. "Age is relative, my dear. And I am very old indeed."

"Uh... what?"

Azagthoth made a come hither motion with his fingers, and Filia immediately felt her insides twist into knots. She dropped to her knees and clutched her stomach. Beside her, Nico groaned and writhed, his sweat smearing on the tile as his legs kicked.

Filia fought to raise her head through the unbearable nausea, looking Azagthoth in the eye. "What's the meaning of this?" she asked again.

"It's simply the demon way, is it not?" Azagthoth said, striding forward and stepped over her like she was a well-used doormat, the kind that would only sully your feet even more. "We rise, we tear each other down, and the cycle repeats. That's the real reason we're never going to get out of the Pit, you know." He cast his eyes around the empty, high-vaulted ceiling of the church. "But Satan keeps it that way because it means nobody can ever get anywhere close to him. Well, until today that is."

"Quit talking in riddles!" Filia snapped at him.

Azagthoth stood over the prone body of Lily, her newborn wings still lying limp across her shoulders. "Do you think I sent you to this place at random?" Azagthoth said. "I could've picked any religious college in the world - there are ones hidden away in the woods of Europe, full of far more luscious creatures than the ones to be found here. No, I sent you here for one specific reason. Her." His wing dipped and brushed along Lily's spine.

"Is she Nephilim?" Filia asked.

Azagthoth laughed. "This shell is no mere half-breed like the demon hunter buried in one of the fuckpiles over there. No, she is something far greater. Something that Satan would dearly love to have at his side again. Don't make me spell it out for you, dear Filia."

Filia bared her teeth, then looked at Lily. She studied the two wings, the tail, the bare bits of naked flesh that she could see. "She's a mutant, I don't know."

Azagthoth raised an eyebrow. "A what now?"

"A mutant. You know, like from the X-Men." Filia managed a smug grin at Azagthoth's look of bewilderment. "You should've come out of that castle more when we had movie night, old man."

The fallen angel rolled his eyes. "You know what, after that, I'm not even going to tell you who she really is. I'm just going to take her and leave, and neither of you can do anything to stop me. She's absorbed all of that power you spent these past few weeks so generously accruing for her, so thank you for that, by the way."

"You prick!" Filia felt her hatred flow through her body, the rage burning like the core of a train engine. Her shadows wrapped around her, and she flapped her wings hard, crossing the space between her and Azagthoth in a heartbeat.

He swatted her as though she were a fly, as if he were brushing her off his shoulder. But his slap reversed Filia's momentum in an instant, hurling her backwards into the space above the altar where the crucifix had hung. Masonry crumbled underneath her as her body compacted the stone several inches deep. Filia felt pain, but her fury was unabated.

And then it was bated as Azagthoth ripped a chunk of stone from the floor, superheated it into a sliver three feet long and an inch wide, then threw it at Filia and speared her through the midriff. Filia's howl of pain echoed through the cathedral.

"Insolent little harpy," Azagthoth said. He reached down and picked up Lily, throwing her over his shoulder like a burlap sack. "That should keep you put until... well."

Filia's hands closed around the rock spear, trying hurriedly to pull it out of her gut. "Until what?" she ground out, blood running from her mouth.

Azagthoth only laughed, not even bothering to turn his head around. He strode out the front doors of the cathedral as if he owned the place, and an ethereal, dark gateway coalesced into existence in front of him. The moment before he stepped through, Filia saw Lily raise her head. They locked eyes for a moment. And then both Azagthoth and Lily were gone.

As soon as the portal closed, Nico took a deep, shuddering breath, putting his hands on his stomach. "Fires, that was the actual worst," he groaned.

"Nico, if you could yank this thing out of me that would be absolutely fucking grand," Filia grunted. "Normally I like males sticking things into me, but this takes it a bit further than I'd like."

The demon got to his feet and took a few shaky steps towards her. He did a little hop-skip, then yelped in surprise as he faceplanted on the altar carpet. "My wings are gone," he said, as if his brain was taking stock of what he had and didn't have in regards to limbs.

"Yeah, we're back to where we started," Filia said. She screamed as pain overwhelmed her, going limp. "Nico, seriously!"

"Coming, coming!" Nico looked around him wildly. "Fucking hell, I think we burned everything that I could use to get up to you."

"Not your fault," Filia said. She forced a grin. "We didn't exactly plan for this."

"Did we plan for anything?"

The stone was now slick with her blood, beads of it collecting and dripping down around Nico like crimson rain. "Not really, no," she admitted.

Nico closed his eyes. "It was nice feeling invincible, wasn't it?"

"Yeah." Filia lifted her head, looking out over the church. "Oh, Fires."

Nico turned. He felt a chill shoot through his body.

The thralls were getting back up, but no rune burned bright on their skin, merely a small scar, soft pink against the rest of their flesh where the demon's fingers had pressed the rune into their being. The humans were in a daze, blinking and looking at one another slowly as if waking from a dream.

But there were four that were already on their feet: three naked Angels, and one extremely pissed-off Nephilim demon hunter.

"If looks could kill," Filia remarked, her voice thick with pain.

"Maybe don't mention killing with her in earshot?" Nico suggested.

Judith's hand snapped out, and her long dagger came whistling across the quad, through the open doors and into her hand. "Oho, I don't need a reminder," she said. "When I'm done with the pair of you there will be no amount of magic in Hell that can put you back together!"

Judith roared and sprinted towards them, her feet slapping on the tile floor. The Angel's followed behind her, their holy weapons flashing into being. Nico summoned a sword and stood his ground, knowing there was nowhere left to run. In that moment, FIlia realized two things.

One, they were both about to be smote from existence.

Two, she could hear a crow cawing.

A chunk of the ceiling imploded, making Judith and the Angels stop in their tracks. A humanoid figure dropped through the hole. He landed atop the rubble, then turned and surveyed the damage around him for a moment.

"Who was on the other side of that ceiling?" he asked. His voice was like a black snake, sinuous and oily. It was a stark contrast to his rather unthreatening outfit - denim jacket, blue jeans, a pair of worn black cowboy boots, sunglasses with thick frames. Slowly, he reached up and brushed some his shoulder-length black hair away from his face. "Was it the Archangel? I really hope it was the Archangel."

A cry of abject terror went up from the Angels, who squawked and recoiled from the newcomer, their wings flaring wide as their eyes darted around the room in terror. Judith's mouth dropped open, the dagger falling from her trembling fingers to clatter on the floor. "No..." she gasped. "It can't be."

The Infernals were confused. Then, after a moment, the rest of the figure arrived. It took the form of a presence that flitted through the hole in the ceiling like a loyal hound, splashing down over the man and bubbling outward like an ooze. Filia heard the screams of the damned, smelt the brimstone of Hell, a smell almost foreign to her now. Emotions washed over her - arrogance, indulgence, fury, and a pure, intense, visceral hatred, old and terrible. With that hatred came purpose, and, to Filia, clarity. She'd never seen him before, but she knew who he was.

The sunglasses came off, and two eyes looked back at her and Nico. Rather than human eyes, they were deep pits of shadow, ash, and fire, a kaleidoscope vision of Hell.

"Now then," Satan said. "What am I going to do with the pair of you?"

To their credit, Judith and the Angels recovered rather quickly from the sight of their greatest enemy appearing before them. Five seconds after Satan asked his question, four thrown weapons split the air and pierced his body.

Satan looked down at the pointy bits protruding from his form, then turned. "Good throws all around!" he said. "Excellent marksmanship!"

Judith's mouth dropped open.

Satan yanked her dagger out and tossed it back to her, and the Nephilim caught it out of reflex. "Not the time for it, though, I'll get to you lot in a minute," Satan said. He shattered the hafts of the holy lances with a sweep of his arm, yanking the bladed parts out the other side of himself with crunching noises before he crushed them in his palm. "Just need to get my own ducks in a row first."

The Angels were nothing short of flabbergasted.

Filia tried again in vain to yank the rock spear out of her body. Satan snapped his fingers, and the spear ripped itself out of the wall, taking Filia with it. She shrieked in pain again before gravity did it's job and she fell into Nico's waiting arms. "My hero," she muttered, looking down at the gaping hole in her belly.

Satan's boots crunched on crumbled masonry as he walked down the pile towards the two of them. His hands were half in the pockets of his jeans, his thumbs hooked through the belt loops. Dimly, Filia realized his belt buckle was a grinning skull. How absolutely tacky.

"You know," Satan said. "The two of you pissed me off at first. When you left Hell, I was livid that you'd disobeyed my orders."

"You knew?" Nico asked.

"Of course I knew!" Satan actually looked offended at the idea. "You think anyone passes wind down there and I don't know about it? That realm has been mine ever since it's genesis, there is nothing that can be hidden from me there. It's-"

He stopped talking as the silver blade of Judith's dagger burst from his chest in a spray of black ichor, and looked down at the blade as if it were a minor annoyance rather than a wound that would be lethal to most other Infernals. He sighed. "You're not getting it back this time, Nephilim."

"Like you could keep it from me!" Judith's hand snapped out to call her blade back.

Satan bent the dagger at a right angle right along the middle of the blade, so that as the weapon tried to go back to it's mistress it simply strained against Satan's body, then stopped it's recall. "You can have your little poking stick back when you behave," he said, as if scolding a child.

"You mock me!" Judith sounded equal parts confused, terrified, and furious.

"Just stay still for a few minutes," Satan said, finally deigning to turn around and look at them. "Much as it kills me to admit it I'm probably going to need your help for something."

"I..." Judith trailed off. "What?"

"If you just let me explain, Christ," Satan said. "Anyways, you two." He turned back to the Infernals. "You two pissed me off at first, but then you started actually getting somewhere up here. Gotta admit, the fact that you two weren't completely overwhelmed by Azagthoth's loaned power and were able to bend it to your own use is rather impressive."

Filia's wound was starting to heal slowly, the flesh of her gut pulling itself back together. "And why's that?"

"Because he's much, much older than you both," Satan said. "His power should've overwhelmed your own, twisted you into creatures that answered to him, yet the both of you seem well in control of your own selves." He reached up and drew his sunglasses down a little so they could see the swirling, ashen pits of his eyes. "For the both of you to use the power of the Fallen to amplify your own abilities is very curious indeed. Maybe Azagthoth's losing his potency."

"But what about Lily?" Nico asked. "What happened when we... how did she grow the wings and the tail? Why did Azagthoth take her?"

"Oh come on, you two, it's really freaking obvious," Judith said, still holding out her hand to try to get the dagger to come back to her. "She's Nephilim."

"Not quite," Satan said. "Also, you can do that until the heat death of the universe, the dagger is not coming back."

"I'm very stubborn," Judith snarked.

Satan laughed. "No wonder you were able to fight through the thrall rune."

"Lord Satan!" Filia said. She tapped Nico on the shoulder, and he set her on her feet. "Why. Did he take. Lily?"

Satan pushed his glasses up his nose. "Because that girl holds an ancient soul within her, one I hadn't caught a whiff of in millenia because she was lost to me." He craned his head back and looked out the hole in the church ceiling. "Lilith."

"Mother of Demons?" Nico asked.

"Yep."

"The Serpent Queen?" Filia asked.

"Bingo."

"First wife of Adam?" Judith asked.

"First wife, and first adulturess too," Satan snickered. "Adam was a right prick and wanted her to be subservient to him, and she fucked right off after that. She was one of my oldest allies during the Genesis period, helped me out a lot until Gabriel and Michael finally tracked her down and smote her. They managed to make it so that her soul never passed into Hell, and I've been trying to track it down ever since in between all the other plots I've got going." He tapped the side of his head. "Got a lot of moving parts in the Great War to keep track of. But you two plowing her seemed to wake up the dormant soul. Problem is, Azagthoth beat me to it."

"How did he beat you here?" Nico asked.

"Let's just say he's a tricky bastard and leave it at that," Satan said, sounding like he was avoiding the question. "Kinda is a defining thing down in Hell, you know?"

"So why does he need her?"

"Well, presumably he's going to do unspeakable things to her unconscious body and probably try to siphon her power into his own being so he'll finally measure up to me in a fight." Satan ran a hand through his hair. "And frankly, I'm not about to budge off the throne of Hell anytime soon. If anyone's winning the Long War, it's going to be me. God is mine to overthrow, and nobody else's."

"Like Hell," Judith said, planting her feet. Satan let out a small snicker. "You think you can just appear before us, Great Enemy, and we're just going to let you leave?"

Satan arched an eyebrow. "You do realize I could kill you in half the time and twice the effort it takes to sneeze, correct? And the only reason I'm not is because even that sounds like an effort I'm not willing to expend?"

"I care not for your reasons," Judith said, thrusting out her chin defiantly. "I swore an oath to combat you, and here you stand before me. My path is clear!"

Satan stared at the demon hunter for a solid five seconds, and Nico and Filia braced themselves, thinking that the church floor was about to get a new coat of Judith inside-colored paint. But, to their shock, Satan broke into a fit of deep laughter. "And that's your demon pride coming to the fore, well done, little Nephilim, well done indeed! Tell you what."

He ripped Judith's silver dagger from his body with a sickening wet crunch. A quick shake sent the black ichor flying off the weapon, and he bent it back into it's straight shape with his bare hands. He ran a finger over an unblemished spot of the blade near where it met the cross guard, smoke rising from the metal where his finger touched. With a flick of his wrist he tossed it back to Judith. "I won't smite you and the three little baby birds over there right now, and in exchange, you get to help me put down Azagthoth. Sound fair?"

Judith studied the dagger for a few moments, then fixed her eyes on Satan. "Gee, coming from the Lord of Lies, I'm not so sure," she said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Look, you have the holy weapons that will really fuck him up, okay?" Satan said, sounding tired. "Me and the two sexpots over here can kill him the old fashioned way, but you'd make the job incredibly easier, and I'm all for working smarter instead of harder. Plus..." He held out a hand to them, palm up. "You help me with this, I'll owe you a favor. And a favor from me is nothing to sneeze at."

"Absolutely not!" Hyperia and Calliope chorused.

"Nay!" cried Galimian.

To Filia's surprise, Judith's answer was a begrudged, "Alright."

The Angels turned to her. "Hunter," Hyperia said. "You cannot be serious."

"I already know what my fate will be," Judith said. "I've got one foot in Hell already by virtue of my blood, what's another toe or two by taking his offer? Besides." She tested the dagger's edge against her palm. "I'm in a bad mood. I mean a really bad mood. And I don't think I'm going to be allowed to kill the sexpots over there."

"Nah, kinda need 'em," Satan said.

"Exactly. So killing Azagthoth, one of the foremost of the Fallen, will have to do. Besides, a dead demon is a dead demon" She fixed her gaze on the lenses of Satan's glasses. "I'm in."

"Is it weird that I'm incredibly turned on by her right now?" Filia whispered to Nico. The demon tried and failed to suppress a snort of laughter at Judith's abject disgust.

"Well, now that things are all hunky dory, we should get out of here," Satan said. He snapped his fingers. The rubble from the ceiling lifted into the air and stacked itself into the rough approximation of a gateway. Dark shadows flickered to life within it's frame. "The humans are going to be waking up soon and I'm really awkward about explaining things."

"Where are we going?" Nico asked.

"Purgatory!" Satan said cheerily.

Judith stomped up the altar to stand with them, glaring daggers at Filia. The succubus licked her lips, and Judith sighed. "God, I already regret this decision."

"Too late!" Satan snapped his fingers again, and three lengths of shadow tinged with embers whipped out of the gateway and wrapped around Judith's waist. Her curse was cut off sharply as she was yanked into the miasma. "After you!"

Nico and Filia looked at each other. "You know, this is not how I imagined today going," Filia said.

"Me too," Nico agreed. "But you know... we wanted something to happen, right?"

"Yeah. Just didn't expect this, really."

"Oy." Satan was half inside the gateway. "You two coming?" He grinned. "Well, more than you have been over the past few days, I mean."

Nico touched Filia's shoulders. "Let's go get her back. I was getting rather fond of her."

"Sure you don't loooove her?" Filia teased as they walked into the shadows.

"No!" Nico protested. But his tone told a different story. Filia didn't understand love as an emotion, only lust. She fed off it, after all. However, she wasn't stupid. There was obviously an attachment there on the demon's part, and honestly, Filia couldn't blame him. Lily had been a fine assistant in their corruption of Saint Bethany's. They owed it to her to save her, at the very least.

They stepped through the shadow gateway into the smokey, monochrome realm of Purgatory. Judith was already there, the flat of her dagger resting on her shoulder. She had made no move to put clothes on, and Filia's eyes lingered on her bare ass, hip hitched just so. "So," she said. "What's the plan for killing Azagthoth?"

12