Blink- A Moment in Time

Story Info
A Dom & sub find each other through tragedy.
5.2k words
9.7k
11
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Blink.

Ted looks over at me from his Custom Softtail and smiles. That panty-dropping smile I know is only for me. The light turns green and I see him start through the intersection.

Blink.

I see a white truck coming too fast from the left. I know Ted doesn't see it. My heart stops.

Blink.

I see the impact... Hear it... Feel it...

I watch in stunned horror as my husbands body cartwheels through the air, strikes and shatters the windshield of a car on the opposite side of the intersection and slides lifeless and bloody to the asphalt.

I ditch my bike to run to his side, when suddenly a pair of strong arms are wrapped around me from behind, one around my waist and another around my arms. They are pulling me back, but I don't want to go, I can't leave my husband.

I struggle against the iron hold. I hear the screams of someone in excruciating pain... then I realize... they are my screams.

The arms take me to the curb and sit me down keeping me in their tight hold. As shock takes over I can only sit and stare, trembling... silent now, unable to do anything but rock forward and back... I stare at the hands holding me. They aren't Ted's. They will never be Ted's again.

I see the head of a Celtic dragon tattoo on one of the hands. It's the last thing I see as darkness over takes me.

~One Year Later~

With a flip of the switch, the lights in the shop flicker to life. Cass walks to the far corner where her trike is parked, hidden beneath a cover. She pulls the cover off and unplugs the battery tender.

Opening the garage door she rolls the trike out onto the driveway. Putting it in neutral, holding the clutch in, she hits the switch and the engine roars to life. Smiling to herself, "Nothing sounds like a Harley".

The trike is her baby. An '07 Ultra Classic with a Lehman Trike conversion, custom paint, black with green and purple "true flames" and a 120R engine making 104hp, it more than fulfills her need for speed and power. She rode two wheels as well, but sold her Sportster after the accident that changed her life forever.

Letting the trike idle for a few minutes was usually the end of what had become a bi-weekly ritual. She would shut the trike off, roll it back in its spot and after letting it cool off, put the cover and battery tender back on.

But today is different. Today the warm sun and cool breeze entices her like a friend with their hand on her shoulder. It is her favorite kind of day, one perfect for riding. She busies herself with the mental TCLOCK inspection that is made before each ride.

•T — Tires & Wheels

•C — Controls

•L — Lights

•O — Oil

•C — Chassis

•K — Kickstand

She smiles at the last, "No worries about a kickstand with a trike."

Satisfied that everything is in good order, letting the bike continue to idle in neutral, she goes back in the shop to grab her helmet off the rack by the door. She pulls her helmet on and tightens the chin strap then slings a leg over the seat.

It has been a long time... too long.

"Time to change that." she thinks with a smile, clicking the shifter down with her toe, she lets the clutch out and heads down the drive to the road. It's time to get back to the business of living.

~The Following Day~

Cass checks the ID on her cell phone and sees that it's Terry calling.

"What's up girlfriend?" she asks, answering the call.

Terry is Cass' best friend and confidant. Her husband, Hank, had been Ted's best friend as well, and the two couples spent time together during the riding season and the off season as well, when many "ride buddies" didn't see each other at all.

Terry barked, "You didn't mention riding yesterday! You should have called!" she admonished.

Cass felt a twinge of guilt. "I know, I am sorry... it was a spur of the moment thing and I just didn't think, forgive me?" she asks, knowing the answer already. She didn't ask how Terry knew she'd been on the bike, news traveled fast in the lake area.

"Of course." Terry replied. "But now you're obligated to come out with me, Lisa and Lori for a girl's night."

Cass hesitated before answering and Terry jumped on it.

"You can't say no, you owe me now for not calling. And it's TIME Cass, time you got out and got back in touch with life."

Cass closed her eyes, she knew her friend was right. Life goes on and hers had been on hold for too long.

"Okay, you're right, I'll go, what time? Taking one car or meeting there?"

"One car, Hank is playing chauffeur, we'll pick you up at 7:00."

"Cool, I'll be ready, jeans OK? Or is it a special occasion?"

"Jeans are fine, unless you want to make more of an impression." Terry teased.

"No, not likely that's gonna happen any time soon, I'll see you at 7:00."

Cass checked her closet for something to wear in case she needed to do some laundry before getting ready for the evening. She had turned down countless invitations out with her friends over the past few months. They meant well, trying to pull her out of the depression that had kept her firmly in it's grasp.

Getting on with life was one of the things she had thought about while riding the day before. It was time to pull herself up and get on with it and yesterday had been a good start. Tonight would be fun, she wouldn't let it be otherwise.

Donning her favorite pair of Silvers jeans, a body hugging Harley t-shirt, and her kick ass boots, Cass put the finishing touches on her makeup and hair.

At 5'3", 150 pounds, she wasn't skinny, but she wasn't fat either. Her tummy was flat, her breasts and hips full, giving her a decidedly curvy figure.

The heels gave her an extra 6" of height, making her legs look longer than they really are. She didn't use much makeup, and her long hair was naturally straight as well as being naturally platinum. Many people thought she was a blond, but the reality was that her hair had turned grey and then white by the time she was in her early 30's. Most of the people she knew now had never known her with dark hair.

"Not too bad for 50-ish." she smiled to herself, grabbed her purse, and headed out the door to her friends in the waiting car.

Hank dropped them off at a local night spot with orders to call when they were ready to come home. The women knew the place would insure a safe evening, since it was bound to have some "ride buddies" who would watch out for them.

Sure enough, as they entered the door several people called out to them with greetings, a few whistles, and some remarks about leaving the guys at home. They made their way to an open table.

"You ladies know what you want to drink?" the waitress was on the ball tonight.

"A pitcher of margaritas should be a good start," Cass said, putting some bills on the table.

"Sure thing, I'll be right back." the waitress said with a smile.

"Look out, they're starting to circle already." Terry nudged Cass with her elbow.

"Let them, there's no place to land here." Cass replied.

"Come on Cass", Terry admonished,"Give a guy a break, at least a dance or two wouldn't hurt."

Cass smirked at her friend, shaking her head.

Cass looked around the open space to gauge the crowd. Not terribly busy yet, but there were a few men she knew to be single, a couple she knew would have her back if things got sticky, and a few she didn't know at all... and they were the ones that seemed to be looking back in her direction.

A few minutes later a man approached their table. He was tall, well over six feet, nice build judging from the way his shirt hugged his body and his Levis fit just so, a pair of nice Tony Lamas under the hem. He appeared to be about 45 to 50. Good looking in a rugged sort of way.

"Evening Ladies", he said in a deep voice with a hint of a drawl. He introduced himself as Logan. They all smiled and greeted him warmly, then all eyes looked to Cass.

"Great, throw me under the bus bitches." she thought to herself as Logan's gaze followed theirs to her.

"How about a dance pretty lady?" he asked, holding his hand out to her.

"It's your toes cowboy." she replied, placing her hand in his and letting him guide her to the dance floor.

The song "Home" by Phil Phillips started playing, and Cass immediately recognized her favorite song. Closing her eyes, she gave herself over to the thumping beat, even singing along to the chorus.

As the song ends, she realizes Logan is staring at her with a broad smile, "You seem to really like that song."

Feeling herself turn red, Cass replies, "Current favorite, sorry if I kind of left you by yourself."

"No worries Darlin', I enjoyed the show." he said in a voice low and sensual.

A shiver ran down Cass' spine as his voice reverberated through her body. A feeling that had been dormant for a year suddenly sprang to life. Feeling a twinge of guilt, Cass excused herself, using the excuse that her boots weren't made for dancing, which wasn't far from the truth.

Logan asked for a rain check and she smiled with a nod. Someone dropped a glass and he glanced away in the direction of the crash. When he looked back Cass was across the room sitting back down at the table with her friends.

"How does she walk so fast in those damn heels?" he thought with a grin. He wasn't going to let her slip under his radar now, that he was sure of.

Watching her dance had him trying to concentrate on multiplication tables to control his rising erection. Desires he tried to keep under control but bubbling just under the surface had him wanting to cage her jaw until she submitted to him and mark her as his. "Down boy." he growled to himself.

The others gave her a little razzing when she got back to the table. "Geez, you all need to get lives and quit trying live vicariously through mine."

The pitcher was almost empty, so Cass topped off a couple of the glasses and took the pitcher to the bar to get it refilled.

While waiting for the bartender Cass felt a body move in behind her, she looked to see a kid, well, a kid to her, maybe 22, eyeing her through slightly bloodshot eyes.

"You're pretty", he said smiling.

"Thanks." she nodded, and turned her back to him. She felt a light tap on her shoulder.

Three bikers sitting at a nearby table saw what was going on at the bar.

"Here we go guys." one said, pointing toward Cass and her admirer.

"He's treading on dangerous ground." another added.

"Five bucks says there's bloodshed." stated the third, putting a bill on the table.

"Ten says she makes him cry." the second snickered, putting his money with the rest.

"What do you say I buy you a drink and then we go someplace for a little fun?" the kid said to Cass, as suggestively as he could muster.

"I don't think so, but thanks anyway." Cass tried to be polite, hoping he'd go away before her patience wore thin.

Another tap on her shoulder...

Too late.

"Come on," he persisted, "You look like the type to go for it."

The guys at the table collectively held their breath...

Cass turned to face the kid, straightened her back, drawing herself up as tall as she could, narrowed her dark brown eyes and said in a commanding voice...

"I am not a cougar, I am not interested in teaching young boys what to do with their dicks. I like men who know what to do with their brain, their hands and their junk, in that order. I would chew you up and spit you out. You'd be licking your wounds for the next twenty years and I would never give you another thought. And I don't think that is what you want... not REALLY."

She then placed a manicured finger under his chin and closed his gaping mouth.

She turned to the bartender, who was grinning from ear to ear. "Another pitcher of margaritas please."

"Yes M'am." he chortled.

She turned back to the kid who was still standing behind her, dumbstruck.

"Are you still here?" she asked, impatiently.

"No M'am!" he said, finally finding his voice again, and with that he turned on his heel and disappeared as quickly as possible.

The three bikers at the table laughed, picking up their own bets, deciding that none of them had won or lost.

"It was close though, I thought I saw a tear almost fall." said one.

Cass returned to the table where her friends sat laughing hysterically.

"You bitches are no help what so ever!" she spat as she sat down and refilled her glass. Laughter erupted again.

Terry leaned over and put her head on Cass' shoulder, "It's good to have you back." Cass shoved Terry back up straight and shook her head with a smile.

The rest of the evening was going well, the friends got happily tipsy, the bikers kept an eye on them in case anyone got out of hand, but they knew with Cass along, that wouldn't be too likely. That was one lady who could always take care of herself, tipsy or not.

Cass watched as Logan approached the table. Terry nudged her, "Look who wants another dance." she whispered.

"Actually," he said, holding out his large hand to Cass, "I was hoping you would join me for a drink."

"She'd be glad to!" Terry almost shouted, pushing Cass off her chair toward Logan.

Cass glared at her friend.

"One drink, and I have my own." she conceded, picking up her glass. He nodded, placing a hand in the small of her back, directed her toward a secluded booth in the corner of the bar.

They sat in silence for a minute, watching each other, each gauging the others expression. Looking for a sign of something neither was quite sure of.

"You're a beautiful woman Cass" Logan said, barely audible above the music.

"Thank you" she replied slowly, her brow slightly furrowed.

"Does the fact that I find you attractive make you uncomfortable?"

"Yes... no... not exactly" Cass stammered.

"Care to explain?" he asked.

"I was recently widowed, a bike accident a year ago." she offered, "I don't know if this is a path I am ready to take."

Logan looked into her eyes, his ice blue orbs locked with her brown ones, he took a deep breath and replied, "I know."

Cass sat back, she looked at Logan, scrutinizing him, looking for something that would give away how he would know that. It was then that she noticed his hands. Clasped around his drink, she saw it, the dragon tattoo.

"You." she said softly, "It was you."

"Yes."

Cass closed her eyes, remembering that horrible day as if it were yesterday. Every instant clearly defined. Every second of gut twisting pain flooding back. Her eyes were brimming with unshed tears when she opened them.

"You passed out." Logan explained, "They put you in an ambulance, I had no idea who you were, if I would ever see you again. I never had the chance to tell you how sorry I was. I recognized you when you came in with your friends. I realized that you had never seen my face."

Cass listened in stunned silence. This was the man who had wrenched her away from a horrible scene, protected her. But she'd been denied the chance to say goodbye, to possibly hear a last word, see one last flicker of life.

"He might have still been alive." she whispered.

"He wasn't." Logan reached out and took her hands in his.

"He... I..." she was unsure what she wanted to say.

"You will have to trust me Cass, he wasn't alive, it's better that you don't have seeing his body as your last memory."

The tears spilled down her cheeks.

Logan moved to her side of the booth, both to be closer to her, and to shield her from anyone watching. He felt the same all encompassing need to protect her that he had felt that day.

He pulled her to his chest and rubbed her back as she cried, shaking, her body wracked with sobs.

"I never cried." Cass wept, the words muffled against his chest, "I never cried for him." She cried now with renewed grief.

"Let it out Cass. Let it go now." Logan soothed, holding her tighter, his chin resting on her head.

He held her until her tears stopped, until she pulled away to wipe the wetness from her face. He offered her a handkerchief, which she gladly accepted.

"I've made a mess of your shirt."

"It will wash."

He took the kerchief from her and dabbed at a couple places she missed. "There, beautiful as ever."

Cass let out a small laugh, "I'll bet you say that to all the women who ruin your shirts."

"No Cass... only you."

They continued an intimate conversation for another hour, until interrupted by Terry. "We're leaving, Cass, you ready to go? What happened?" Terry asked when she saw Cass' tear reddened eyes.

Cass glanced up at Logan and saw the almost imperceptible shake of his head. "I'm fine Terry, really. Umnnn... no, I'm not ready to leave. You go ahead, I'll be fine. I can take a taxi."

Logan looked at Terry, "No worries, I will see that she gets home safe and sound."

Terry looked back and forth between Logan and Cass. "Okay... I expect a phone call when you get home, no matter what time it is... you don't call me, I call the police... git it?"

"Got it girlfriend." Cass laughed, but she knew Terry was serious.

Cass and Logan continued talking for another hour, getting to know each other, until Cass started getting sleepy.

"Damn," she groaned, "I am not use to staying up late anymore!"

Logan grinned, "Let's get you home then sleepyhead."

Cass eyed him, considering his offer. "I can take a cab."

Logan stood, held out a large hand and in a voice that brooked no argument, "I will take you home."

Cass started to argue anyway, but stopped short. She considered how she felt, how he had made her feel all evening. She admitted to herself that she'd felt nothing but safe and protected while in his presence.

Something about him pulled at her... deep inside. Something which had been dormant for the past year... her natural need to submit.

No one who knew her would believe it. Cass Winters... a submissive. But she was. Ted had been her first and only Dom. When he died, she thought that part of her died with him. Ted was her Dom only in the bedroom. It had been Ted who had helped her understand her need to be tied, spanked, paddled... even flogged and whipped on occasion.

Cass has a temper... a very bad temper. Only through years of practice had she learned to keep it reigned in enough to keep from losing it and hurting someone. But that meant it eventually had to go somewhere.

With Ted's help as her Dom, they figured out that tying her, and then flogging or whipping her long enough, until the tears came, would allow her to let go of all that she kept penned up. It allowed a cathartic release, without anyone getting hurt in the process.

Pain, yes... that was part of it. The first hard strikes would instantly make Cass lose her temper. Any unexpected pain would do that. Heaven forbid anyone ever hit her or do something that caused her pain, real pain... she could and more than likely, would... kill them, unless she'd been able to release her anger recently.

And it had been over a year since the last time.

She hadn't thought about trying to find another Dom, someone who could top for her only when she needed that release. The lake area was too small. Too many people too interested in other people's business. And it required too much trust to place herself in such a vulnerable position with just anyone.

And now, standing before her, holding his hand out to her, was a man she she felt may already know that she was a willing sub.

Cass stood on shaky legs, took his hand, and allowed him to lead her from the bar to his truck. Logan helped her into the passenger side, reached in and buckled the seat belt around her. He then walked around the front to enter the driver's side.

"Directions?" he clipped. Cass told him how to get to her house, then was silent on the ride there. She wasn't sure what was different, but something was.

When they arrived, Logan drove up the driveway and around to the back of the house, parking by the deck. Cass was out of the truck as Logan walked to her side, closing the door behind her.

12