Blood and Ice Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, as long as it's just you, my lord."

He helped me get changed.

"Now, get some rest. If you need anything someone will be outside the door at all times."

"Thank you my lord. I'm sorry for messing the mission up."

"You didn't mess it up! We got the plans and that's what matters."

He helped me lie down on the bed. Jason, Gareth and Andrew came in.

"How is she, my lord?" Andrew asked.

"Her wrist will be very sore for a while. She's a little shaken and blaming herself for what happened to Peter, but its not her fault." Gabriel whispered to Andrew.

I felt someone tuck me into bed. After that, I fell asleep.

I didn't wake up until the next morning. When I did my wrist hurt like hell. When I came back from the bathroom Gabriel was in my room.

He asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. I'm very sore but none the worse." I said.

"Do you think you would be up to a council late this morning? The council would like to see you."

"Yes I'll be there, my lord. Can I go down to the food hall?"

"Yes you may, if you feel up to it Lex."

"Thank you my lord."

With that he left the room. Getting changed was a little awkward with the cast. Gabriel had given me a sling for my wrist as the cast was heavy. Jason was waiting outside the door for me.

"How are you feeling Lex?" he asked.

"I'm okay Jason. Please don't start, okay? I'm not in the mood for you right now."

I walked past Jason.

"Lex I wasn't going to start, I promise." he said while following me down the corridor.

"If not, why are you following me?" I asked.

He didn't answer. I went into the food hall. Everyone turned round and looked at me. Gareth came over to me. "How are you Lex?"

"I'm okay. A little shaken, but none the worse. Where is Mark?" I asked.

"He's around. Shall I send him to you, general?" Gareth asked.

"Yes please, if you see him Gareth." Gareth nodded.

I had a little something to eat. Mark came over to me.

"Gareth said you wanted to see me general." " Mark I'm so glad your okay. Did you make a clean escape, or did they follow you?" I asked.

"They followed me, but I lost them eventually. It wasn't easy. Did Peter get away?"

I just shook my head. "I don't know if he's alive or not they took him away and I never saw him again."

I started to cry again and Mark put his arm around me.

"It's okay Lex. It's not your fault."

Gabriel came in and told me that the council would be starting soon.

I wasn't really in the mood for council, but I had to go. I dragged myself up to the council hall. Every one was already there.

"Oh, am I late?" I asked.

"No you're just in time. Have a seat." Gabriel said.

I sat next to Gareth.

"Now as you all know, general Alexandria has thankfully been returned to us but at a high cost. We lost some of our new recruits and we lost Peter one of our most promising army cadets. The only consolation is that thanks to their efforts we now know what they're planning. Now we can better prepared to protect the princess." Gabriel said.

"My lord, I didn't get a proper look at the papers. What are they planning?" I asked, knowing full well what they were planning.

"They plan to attack from the south by using a secret a door that we use for the servants. At least now we can keep a close eye on it. We owe you Lex! If you didn't risk your life we wouldn't know what we do now." Gabriel said.

"I'm glad to have helped, my lord. Now we can protect the princess."

"Lex of you don't mind me asking, could you tell us what happened in the palace?" Gareth asked.

"Gareth I don't think that's appropriate." Gabriel said.

"My lord, I don't mind telling them."

"Are you sure Lex?"

"Yes I am. We had got into the palace and located their council hall. The diversion had worked and the palace was empty. We found the papers and had just sent Mark away. We were just starting to leave when one of their councilmen, I think it was Michael, but I'm not to sure, started to shout for the rest. We ran but they caught us and dragged us back in. Peter tried to defend me but they separated us. They questioned me. They started to ask me things about the princess and when her birthday was, but I didn't tell them anything. They got fed up asking me questions so they threw me into a cell. A few hours later they threw Peter in with me. He was in a bad state! He could barely breath or talk, and he couldn't move. I don't know how long we were in there but they came back for him and I never saw him after that. I think they've tortured him until he died. They left me in the cell until they pulled me out and tied me behind Lucifer's horse."

After I was finished no one said anything.

Gabriel said, "Lex I'm sorry about Peter. If we could have done something we would have, but it sounds like we were to late."

"I know that if you could have done something you would have, my lord." I said.

Everyone looked at me. Gareth finally spoke.

"I'm sorry I asked you about that. I shouldn't have."

"It's okay Gareth. I don't mind. I'm so sorry we lost so many men, and I just wish that we could have saved Peter, that's all"

Gabriel thankfully changed the subject.

"To a more happy note; the princess' birthday is coming up soon so we can be grateful for more happy times. That will be all for now, you all are excused. However, Lex could I have a word with you please?"

I nodded.

Everyone filed out and left me alone with Gabriel. "As you know, the princess' birthday is coming up soon and I want you in charge of the castle security. You must organise the troops, but I want you to place most of them to the south of the castle as that's where we're anticipating their attack."

"I must ask, Will there be anyone in the hall that will be armed?"

"No, there won't be since it's forbidden. I know that were now expecting an attack but we must also adhere to tradition. I know that you will be out of action for awhile but you must organise the troops okay."

"Very well, my lord. Do you have and floor plans of the castle so that I can plan appropriately?"

"I will have them sent to you room. Now, off you go!"

I said, "Thank you, my lord.", and left the room. Jason was waiting for me.

"Gareth told me what happened. I'm sorry Lex. Do you want to go for a walk?"

"Thanks Jason, I'd like that."

We went outside to the grounds. There was an awkward silence. I was hoping that he would break it. He did.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm still a bit shaken up and still upset about Peter and the other men."

"I wish I could help you Lex, is there anything the council can do?" Jason asked.

"No there's not. I think that Peter may be dead. They took him away and I never saw him again."

I looked out across the lake and shed a few tears. The sun was starting to set and the rays of the sun were stretching across the grounds lighting the grass a beautiful crimson colour.

"If he's alive the council will find him. I do know that much." Jason said. He gave me a hug and I sobbed into his shoulder. I don't know how long I was crying. The sun had set while I cried. I collapsed in his arms. I woke up in my bed. I heard someone move about.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"It's just me Lex."

It was Gabriel.

"Jason said you collapsed so I suggested that you stay in bed for a week or two."

"I was very upset."

I tried to get up.

"Lie down Lex. You've been through a lot. I want you to lie in bed,look over the floor plans and our detail plans for the princess' birthday okay?"

I nodded.

He handed me a few papers, telling me, "We have made preliminary plans but if you don't agree with them you can change them okay? May I also suggest that Jason helps you. He really just wants to help."

"Okay, my lord. He can help as long as you don't mind him being in my room."

"No, on this occasion I won't mind since I know, and trust, both of you. If you need anything the guard outside the door will get it for you."

I nodded, and as he left he spoke to someone outside the door. Jason entered the room.

"Lex, thanks for letting me help you." he said as he sat down on the edge of my bed.

"So, what do you know about the outlay of the castle?"

"Not a lot, but I do know some things. I'll try and help as best I can." Jason said.

"Well I think we should start with a list of all the available guard members."

We spent hours going over the preliminary plans.

"Why do we need so many people round by the south?" Jason asked.

"You don't know?" I asked .

"No, why?"

"I cant tell you. It's council business. If Gabriel hasn't told you then I can't either. But you'll have to trust us on this. We need the majority of the guards round by the south."

"But that will leave the north and the sides of the castle unprotected!" Jason said.

"Yes, but the south needs more protection. Trust me, it takes priority."

Jason shrugged his shoulders. "If you say so, you're the expert." Jason said.

I had arranged it so that if my father attack from the north no one would see them. That was it. Everything was set. It was time for us to take back our castle and I wasn't going to let anyone stand in my way. It was almost time for everyone to knew exactly which side I was on.

12