Blood and Ice Ch. 17

Story Info
Army of the Dammed Part One.
5.2k words
4.76
12.3k
2

Part 17 of the 26 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 02/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Seventeen: The Army Of The Dammed Part One

"How the hell did he get the orb! I thought that only members of the royal family could touch it." I asked my father.

"He got it the same way I brought them to you; by not actually touching them."

"Father, Alexander, Peter and Damien your coming with me now!"

"To do what Alexandria?" father asked.

"To hunt them down. We're going to start where they had me captive and take it from there." I said as I walked out of the council hall and down to the stables.

Father, Damien and Peter weren't far behind me.

"Do you remember where they were?" father asked.

"Yes, I do; but we need to move since they will try and destroy it."

It was then that it hit me where they would be going. Father handed me my armour. I looked at him.

"Your mother insisted."

I looked at him, then something hit me.

"They think that I'm dead yes?"

Father nodded.

"And they've never seen me in full armour.", again father nodded.

"We could use that against them." I said

"do you have any idea where they might go?" Damien asked.

"Yes actually, Peter tell me what do you know of a cave use for execution?" I asked him. When I did he went white with fear and started to shake.

"The cave isn't used for execution; it's used for sending those who are damned to the centre of hell. It's only used in extreme circumstances." Peter said.

Alexander asked, "Do you think they would go there your highness?"

"It's only one of two places I can think of. The other is the camp they had me at." I said as I finished putting my armour on.

I tied my hair back put my helmet on, strapped my shield over my back, and mounted Spirit.

"I think she's right. We should start at there last known location." father said.

We all nodded and headed off. It took us about two or three hours getting to where they had taken me.

We approached the camp site slowly, in case they were still there. When we were close enough to see the camp; the tents were gone and there was no sign of them.

"Do you know where this cave is Peter?" father asked him.

"Not really. I just heard stories. I don't even know if they're true or not my lord." Peter said.

"Well, it's the best we have." I said.

Father nodded.

"They say that if you go beyond the execution grounds there lies a mountain. In the mountain lies a gate. Beyond the gate is a place of untold horror and pain. The black gates of hell, guarded by Balthazar, hell's most feared demon." Peter said.

"Do you think that they would go there?" Alexander asked Peter.

"I honestly don't know, but my guess is that they would camp close to it, to tempt us and they might hope that they would manage to get one of us in there. Our only advantage is that we have the sword of shadows. Even Balthazar must bend to the will of the sword. It's more powerful than hell itself, if wielded properly." Peter said.

"Very well. We make our way to the execution grounds!" father said.

We turned our horses and we went off at a walk, so as to not tire the horses.

I went over to Peter. "Are you okay Peter?"

"I'm fine Lex; it's just when something is drilled into you as being terrifying I get nervous just thinking about it."

"I know Peter, but like you said, we have the sword which gives us the advantage."

"True, but you can understand why I'm like this." he said.

"Peter if it comes to that, and we have to go near the cave, we will leave you out of it." father said,

"Thank you my lord. It's not that I don't want to help, but I'm terrified to go near there."

"I understand Peter, and bear in mind it's because you're my daughters fiancé that I'm allowing it." father said.

"Thank you my lord."

"So, tell me, when are you going to marry my daughter?" father asked.

"We decided to wait until the final battle was over since we all need to concentrate on defeating the light raiders."

"Fair enough." father said.

"Oh yeah Lex, I forgot something. I just never got the chance to give this to you now since we haven't had five minutes together since all this kicked off. James gave me this to give to you."

He handed me a small box. I opened it. Set in the middle was a ring with two wolves, one on either side of a blue diamond.

"It's gorgeous! Thank you Peter you didn't have to."

"Yes I did. I wasn't sure of how you would do these things. Most shadow raiders give a wolf as a pet, but you already have one. I asked James and he gave me that. Here", he took the ring and slid it on my wedding ring finger.

It was stunning. I lent over to Peter and kissed him.

"Okay, break it up you two." father said.

"I can't wait for this to be all over with" Peter said.

"Me to" I said back.

It took us about two days getting to the execution grounds. We took the secret path to the execution grounds. Father looked around for any evidence that they had came this way.

"Hear are their tracks. They look about a day old." father said. "Peter how long dose it take to get to the cave from here?"

"Not long my lord, maybe two or three hours. Do you see that mountain over there?"

Father looked in the direction Peter pointed.

"Is that it Peter?" I asked.

"Yes. Deep in the mountain lies the gate."

I could see him shaking head to foot. "Tell you what Peter; why don't you be our look out and stay here."

He looked into my eyes.

"Are you going?" Peter asked.

I nodded my head. "I have to. I'm the only one who can lift the orb."

"Then I will go with you. I would never leave you to their mercy on your own!" Peter said.

"Very well, we press on. But Peter, if you go with us there's no turning back." father said.

"I understand my lord." Peter said. And with that we headed off.

It took us nearly three hours to get to the mountain. We could have travelled more rapidly, but father wanted us to go slowly in case we came across the light raiders. However, as of yet, we hadn't seen them.

"Father, don't you think it's a little suspicious that we haven't come across anyone yet?" I whispered to father.

"I do! Yes. They must have a trap laid out for us somewhere." father whispered back.

As we reached the base of the mountain we saw a small cave entrance. Peter started to hyperventilate. I put my hand on his shoulder to calm him. He looked at me.

Nodding, father entered the cave first. I went after him. The cave was well lit. I looked down the cave and in the middle were the black gates which were open. Beyond the gates was the orb. Beyond the gate was a stone arch very similar to the one that I saw when I found the sword.

"Well, well, well; it's about time you got here Lucifer. Looking revenge over your daughter I assume?" Gabriel said as he walked out from the shadows as he said this to my father.

"No Gabriel. I will see her in the next life. She wouldn't want vein revenge. I just want the orb." father said.

Gabriel squared up to father.

"Well, there it is. Go ahead and take it. I won't stop you." Gabriel said.

"What's the catch? I've known you long enough to know that there is always a catch Gabriel!" father said.

"No catch this time, all you have to do is go over and pick it up." Gabriel said.

"Fine, I'll send one of my men." as father said this, he turned to me and nodded. I walked forward. I had just placed my hands on the orb when the gates shut behind me.

"Oh wait, there was one thing. I said you could get the orb, but I never mentioned that you wouldn't get out." Gabriel said.

That sent Gabriel into gales of laughter. I slipped the orb into my pocket. As I did, father and the rest of the council went ballistic and started to attack Gabriel.

I turned to the arch. I could hear a voice calling me. In the middle of the arch there was something that looked like liquid sliver flowing through the middle. I went to touch it. Then I heard Peter yelling, "Don't touch it, it will kill you!"

But how could it kill me? I touched it. It was warm almost like a warm bath. It was then I heard the voice say "Step through, it will be okay."

I decided to trust my instincts and stepped through the arch. The last thing I remember was Peter screaming and the rattle of the gate. I couldn't see anything in front of me it was all black although it was starting to get hotter and hotter.

Just when I thought I couldn't take any more heat I felt a thump and the cold of a cement floor.

I was picked up roughly by someone. I didn't see their face and before I could say or do anything my wrists were tied above my head with some sort of rope.

"Get used to it, as your going to be here for the rest of eternity." A voice said.

I guessed by the voice it was male, and a big male at that. As he came into my vision I saw my captor. He was about six feet tall and had muscles the size of houses his black hair fell to his shoulders. The only thing he was wearing was leather trousers.

"Tell me, what is your crime boy?" he asked me.

I just shook my head. He was in shock when I didn't answer him. He backhanded me, and my helmet came flying off.

"When I ask you a question, you give me a verbal answer got that boy?"

He asked me again. Again, I didn't answer him. I had my head turned from when he back handed me I saw someone else hanging not to far from me. When he looked at me I nearly died! It was Jason!

"If I were you I would answer him. He can be violent at the best of times Lex." Jason said.

"How is this possible? You're dead!" I shouted at him.

"You're right; I am dead!" Jason said.

I had forgotten about the man who tied me up. He grabbed my head and pulled it round to face him.

"Well, well it's been a while since I had a female down here. What is you crime?" he said.

This time he was a little more gentle with me.

"I have committed no crime." I said.

He laughed. "Everyone who ends up here when they die has done something!" I looked him up and down.

"You're Balthazar, aren't you?" I asked.

"Yes I am, and how did a female hear of me? Normally, woman of the light raiders never come here." he said.

That got my back up. "I am no light raider! How dare you insult me?" I shouted at him. He grabbed me by the chin.

"You will watch your tongue young lady as I am very quick to anger and you must be a light raider as no shadow raider would come down here because it would anger Lucifer. Now when I get back, your punishment will begin." he said, as he left through a door that I hadn't seen until then.

I waited about five or ten minutes. I tried pulling on the rope.

"Lex don't bother trying to escape. They will catch you within ten feet." Jason said.

"Jason, do me a favour and shut up!" I said.

If only I could get to my sword; then it hit me! I pulled my self up on the rope. I pulled my self up to the ceiling. I had enough give to reach my sword. I pulled it out, cut the rope, and fell tumbling to the floor with a thump.

"If they catch you it will be the worst pain you have ever felt." Jason said.

"If they try and catch me I will cut them down." I said.

"Only the sword of shadows can kill them!" Jason said.

"And what do you think I have?!" I said, as I snuck out of the door.

The door opened to a corridor lined with weapons. There were stairs at the end of the corridor. I slowly walked up the stairs. When I reached the top I took a quick look. The stairs had opened to a large banquet hall.

There were tables lining the walls of the hall and at the top, on a stage there was a long table. I saw the man who had tied me up. Sitting next to him was grandfather! I was saved. I only needed to get to him without anyone seeing me, which wasn't going to happen. There was only one thing for it. I had to run.

I got my self ready and I just ran. I almost got to grandfathers table before Balthazar yelled at the guards. They caught me with ease.

"Let go of me you freak! Grandfather help!" I shouted.

"Gag her!" Balthazar shouted.

"Stop! release her immediately!" grandfather yelled.

The guards didn't argue with him. I ran over, "Thank you grandfather!" I said.

He pulled me into a hug.

"Tell me are you alive?" grandfather asked me.

"Yes I am grandfather. Why do you ask?" I asked.

"I heard that you were killed. How long were you in the dungeon?" he asked.

"About ten minutes." I said.

Grandfather was laughing as he broke the hug.

"Balthazar it seems my granddaughter has gotten the better of you in ten minutes! I think that's a record." grandfather said.

"She's Lucifer's daughter?" Balthazar asked.

"She is, and she is also the master of shadows!" grandfather said.

Balthazar's jaw just dropped.

"Come Alexandria. Eat, as I'm sure you are hungry."

A chair was brought up for me. I sat down next to grandfather. Balthazar kept looking at me as I talked to grandfather. At the end of the meal when every one else left Balthazar walked over and kneeled next to me.

"Your highness, my sincerest apologies! If I had of know that you were of royal blood I would have taken you straight to your grandfather." he said.

"It's okay. You didn't know. But, tell me, the other person that was in your dungeon with me. Why is he there?" I asked.

"Because he was a traitor to his kind." he said.

That got me confused.

"How so?" I asked.

"He fell in love with a shadow raider your highness." Balthazar said.

I turned to grandfather, "But why is he in your castle grandfather?" I asked.

"Balthazar, you may leave now." grandfather said. Balthazar stood up and left. Grandfather turned to address me.

"Did your father not explain where we are?" I shook my head.

"He must have his reason for not telling you so I will not either. I will have a room arranged for you." grandfather said.

"One thing I have to ask of you grandfather; please don't tell my father that I'm here." I said.

"Why?" grandfather asked.

"Because I have a plan and I need to do it on my own. I need them to believe that I'm dead for it to work." I said.

"May I ask what this plan is?" grandfather asked.

"To release the army of the dammed!" I said.

"But I thought Gabriel had the orb."

"He did, but I got it back!"

"Very well; I will not tell your father. Come I will find you a room." he said as he guided me out of the hall. As he did a guard came running up to him.

"My lord, your son is about to make the jump."

"Right! Alexandria go back down to Balthazar. I will distract your father."

I didn't need telling twice. I got to Balthazar's dungeon just in time. I could hear my father shouting at people.

"What are you doing back Lex?" Jason asked.

He got his reply by a punch in the face by Balthazar.

"How dare you address the princess!" he shouted in Jason's face.

"How may I help you your highness?" Balthazar asked.

"You don't mind if I hide here until my father goes away, do you? I have a plan and my father can't be a part of it." I said.

"You may stay here as long as you want, as your father never comes down here." Balthazar said.

"Thank you." I said.

"So how are you and Peter? Are you still together?" Jason asked.

"I thought I told you to never to address the princess!" Balthazar said, as he delivered another blow to his face.

"I was only asking." Jason said.

"You will be silent when a member of the royal family is here, or you will go down below again!" Balthazar said. Jason went silent at that.

I could hear father yelling at people. "He doesn't sound happy." I said.

"Your father can have a deadly temper at times. I've been on the wrong end of it a few times and it's not something I would like to repeat." Balthazar said.

"Well, if you get summoned up, you haven't seen me okay?"

He nodded. He looked at my waist. "Is that what I think it is your highness?" Balthazar asked.

"What do you think it is?" I asked him.

"The sword of shadows!" he said.

"Well, you would be right."

"But it was supposed to be lost your highness." Balthazar said.

"Well, I found it!" I said.

"I'm glad you did." he said, as he did he picked up my hand and kissed it.

As he kissed my hand I felt a twinge in my stomach. When I did I saw the shadow raider army in the execution grounds of the light raiders, fighting the light raiders. Father was fighting beside me. I looked up expecting to see Gabriel but I didn't, it was Jason! He jumped down and started to fight me. In his hand I saw the sword of shadows.

I felt a jerk. "Your highness, are you okay?" Balthazar asked.

"How many times do I have to kill you Jason?" I asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jason said. I drew my sword and walked over to Jason. I grabbed him by the throat and pushed the sword to his throat.

"I asked you a question" I yelled at him.

"You already killed me." Jason said.

"Then how come you're here?" I asked.

"My soul was sent to be punished." he said. I turned to Balthazar who hadn't moved.

"How do you destroy a soul?" I asked him.

"Kill him with the sword of shadows your highness." Balthazar said.

"Really? Interesting." I said as I plunged the sword into his stomach and twisted.

He yelled out in pain, then he exploded into shadow. The bits of shadow sunk into the ground.

"May I ask why you destroyed him your highness?" Balthazar asked.

"If his Spirit was kept alive he would have been resurrected, and he was the only one that has a chance of killing me and taking control of the sword." I said.

He just nodded. "Are you okay?" he asked me.

"I'm fine, do you mind if I sit down?" I said. He pulled a chair over to where I was standing. I sat down. Just as I did grandfather came in.

"Alexandria I need you to hide! Your father wants to see Balthazar." grandfather said.

"Where do you suggest I hide?"

"Come with me." Balthazar said. I followed him over to the edge of the room where he opened a trap door.

"It's not comfortable, but as long as you keep quite you'll be fine." he said.

I nodded, sheathed my sword, and had to tuck my knees to my chin to fit in. He replaced the door. It was still thin enough that I could hear what was going on in the room. I heard father come into the room.

"Balthazar, tell me, have you had any woman come through here?" father asked.

"No my lord, we haven't had a woman come through here in a long time." Balthazar asked.

"I just don't understand it father. How could she get lost in the void?"

"She must have been one of the unlucky ones my son."

I could hear father starting to cry.

"Lucifer, it will be okay!" grandfather said.

"Father, how can this be okay? She's lost in the void!"

"Do you want me to check the lower levels?" Balthazar asked.

"Yes, please do that." grandfather said.

"Father, she's my only child! She's not only heir to the shadow raider throne she's heir to this throne as well!" father said.

"I know son, but she will be okay!" grandfather said.

"And how do you know that?" father said.

"She has the sword of shadows yes?" grandfather asked.

"Yes she does." father said.

"Well you know as well as I do that the sword will protect her if she truly is the master of shadows. Why don't you go home to Melissa. If I hear or see anything I will be straight in contact with you." grandfather said.

I heard Balthazar coming back into the room. "I'm sorry your highness no one has seen a woman recently."

"Thank you Balthazar." father said, as he left the room with grandfather.

Balthazar didn't let me out until father made the jump back over to his side. Then he opened the trap door "are you all right?" he asked.

"Fine, just cramped." I said as he pulled me from where I had been hiding.

12