Blood and Ice Ch. 18

Story Info
Army of the Dammed Part two.
3.4k words
4.74
12.5k
2

Part 18 of the 26 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 02/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Eighteen: The Army Of The Dammed Part Two

I stood in the middle of the flames not knowing what I should do. Father was screaming at me to get off of the lake and back onto the shore.

The strange thing was the flames didn't burn me nor was I afraid. It was then I herd the voice again. It was the same voice that I herd the night I took the shadow in.

"Take the flames, they won't harm you. You can control it bend it to your will."

I held out my hands and the flames entered my body through my hands I felt the fire warming my body spreading from my hands right through the rest of me. Father was still screaming at me to get off the lake, but I just ignored him.

When the warming stopped I opened my eyes. I noticed that I couldn't see father through the thick wall of fire so I turned around and started to walk across the lake. I was surprised that I could actually walk across it, but I did.

When I reached the other side I could still hear my fathers screams. The other side of the lake opened up to reveal a valley floor. I could see light at the end of the valley floor. I made my way to the end of the valley.

When I got to the end, I was met by the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. Vast grassy plains as far as the eye could see. Cascading water falls which I ran to, to get water as I was very thirsty. It looked like paradise.

Just as I was about to take an other drink from the pool of the waterfall I was met by a heavy sword. It just missed my face. I rolled away from my assailant and drew my sword to meet him. He swung his sword. I easily dodged it and turned to give him an attack of my own.

Only then did when I realised that my blade was glowing with fire. I used this against my attacker. I slid my sword into his hilt and twisted sharply. He dropped his sword! I picked it up and held it to his throat.

"Now who are you, and why are you trying to kill me?" I said.

"I'm the guardian of the army of the dammed. Are you here to release it?" he asked.

"I am, yes!"

"Only one of royal blood can release it!"

"I'm in luck then, as I'm of royal blood."

"What royal blood?" he asked.

"I'm the daughter of Lucifer and Melissa." I said.

He looked me up and down. "Very well, I will take you to the temple, but I can't grantee a safe return." he said.

"I understand!" I said.

He turned and I followed him. He took me across the grassy plain. There was a large black temple that seemed to have endless stairs leading to it. At the top I followed my attacker to the door of the temple. It had the symbol of the orb with the snake around it.

"The only other person that made it this far couldn't open the door, what makes you think you can?" he asked me.

"I'll show you." I said, as took my sword and sliced my hand and smeared the blood onto the symbol. The door slid back to allow me to enter the temple.

"Well, I'm impressed"

I entered the temple. It was like all the other temples I had been in. High ceilings covered in black marble.

The only difference was that in the middle there was a large alter with a small table; and at the back of the alter were black gates that reached from the floor to the ceiling. I walked up to the alter. When I reached there a figure appeared from black smoke.

"So do you think that you're worthy to release the army of the dammed?" it said.

"And who are you?" I asked.

"The leader of the army of the dammed. I'm impressed that you've made it this far little princess, most don't even get across the lake!" he said.

"So tell me are you going to let me release the army or are you just going to stand here?" I asked.

"You've got a lot of fight in you, I will say that about you. Very well I will let you attempt to release them. But, you must understand, if you release them you become the new leader of the army of the dammed." he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You will be tied to their fate! Immortal and forever dammed!" he said.

"What do you mean dammed?" I asked.

"Dammed that you will spend eternity alone to watch your family grow old and die in front of your eyes." he said.

"I will agree to that." I said thinking that it could give me the advantage over Gabriel.

"Very well, come here we need to mix our blood!" he said.

I walked over to the table there was a small bowl set into the middle of the table which I placed the orb into, he then produced a small dagger then sliced his hand and gestured to me to do the same. I did.

He then grabbed my hand and pushed his cut to my cut. When his blood entered my body it was excruciating. I had never felt pain like it in my life, but I held on. The leader of the army fell to the floor and disappeared in a cloud of black smoke.

The cut in my hand healed in seconds. I turned to the black gate, cut my hand again and smeared the blood over the handle of the gate.

I said "army of the dammed I release you from you're prison, and I ask that you help me rid the world of Gabriel and all that follow him."

When I said this the gates glowed black and swung open. I was smothered in a cloud of black then my world went black.

This is the account of Lucifer:

I screamed and screamed for my daughter to get out of the flames of the lake but she never came back! She was lost to us; this I was certain of, as the lake burns not just your physical body but your soul as well.

I knew there was no coming back from that. I went back to my father's castle. I left his horse in the stable and stormed up to the throne room. Father was there.

"Did you find her?" my father asked.

"Yes! I had her, right before she walked into the lake of fire." I said as I threw my self down to get something to eat.

"The lake of fire?!" father said.

"Yes, I couldn't grab her. She walked right out onto it! What are the chances she survived?" I asked.

"Very little. I've never known of anyone who's survived that. Maybe you should go back to Melissa." father said.

"Yes, I think I will father. Contact me if you see or hear from her. That's an order! Do you understand?"

Father nodded. I went back down to the stables mounted my horse and sped off. It wasn't long before I made the jump and was back at the castle. I handed the reigns to a stable hand and went straight to the council hall. Alexander was there.

"Any luck in finding Alexandria my lord?" he asked.

"Yes, but I lost her again. Can you tell me where Melissa is?"

"The last time I saw her she was in her room, I think my lord."

I nodded and left to find her. I went to our room and found Melissa sleeping in our bed.

I slipped my cloak off, slipped in beside her, and slid my arms around her. I was so glad that Alexandria had found her alive. I died the day of the siege!

"Are you awake Melissa?" I whispered in her ear her.

"Mmmm" she moaned.

"I found Alexandria, but I lost her again. However, my father will find her." I said.

Melissa turned to face me. God but she was beautiful.

"I know you will find her, Lucifer. How was she when you last saw her?" she asked.

"She wasn't happy to see me. She fought me and ran. I just hope she doesn't do anything stupid."

"You know she's not stupid, Lucifer." Melissa said.

I nodded and kissed her. When I did there was a knock at the door.

"Enter!" I shouted.

"My lord, I apologise for interrupting but there is a girl at the main entrance saying that your daughter sent her." Michael said.

I got up out of bed.

"Stay with my wife Michael" I said as I went down to the main entrance.

There were two girls, about my daughters age, in the hall. I walked over to them.

"Lauren how May I help you?" I asked.

"lord Lucifer?" Lauren asked.

I nodded

"Alexandria asked me to build an army for you, my lord. She told us that when we were ready, to come to the castle." she said.

"My daughter ordered you here?" I asked.

"Yes, the rest of our men are waiting outside my lord." Lauren said.

"And how many have you managed to get?" I asked.

"Nearly three hundred, my lord."

I was stunned! "Three hundred?!"

"Yes my lord. Your daughter asked us to get as many as we could. These men and woman are ready and willing to fight for you." she said.

I felt a surge of pride coursing through me. Alexandria did her best to make sure that we had the best chance of beating the light raiders when the final battle came.

"Very well, Alexander!" I shouted.

Alexander came running out of the food hall.

"Yes my lord?" he asked.

"Will you fix arrangements for these woman and their army, please. Then, call the council." I said. He bowed.

I left and went back to my room. Melissa was awake and talking to Michael.

"Is everything okay my lord?" Michael asked.

"Yes Michael, it is! The council will be meeting soon and I want you there. And you need to be there as well Melissa."

They both nodded and I left to go to the council hall. When I got to the hall, I heard that my father was trying to contact me.

I went to the mirror. "Yes father!" I said.

"You're not going to believe this, but there's black smoke rising from the eastern border." I nearly fainted.

"What? That can't be!" I said.

"I know, but the smoke is rising and covering us all!" father said.

"What about Alexandria?" I said, starting to panic.

"You know as well as I do that if you're consumed by the black smoke there's no coming back. Even you couldn't survive it Lucifer. I think that she has been killed. I'm sorry Lucifer." he said as he cut the connection.

With that I got so angry that I threw the council table through the door of the council hall. Luckily Alexander moved out of the way.

Melissa ran into the hall. I was crying my eyes out, I couldn't believe that I had lost my only child!

Melissa came over, "Lucifer what's wrong?" she asked.

"She's gone black smoke" was all I could say.

"What do you mean Lucifer?"

"Alexandria! She got caught in the black smoke and no one can survive that!" I said as I broke down again.

"No! Not that, please tell me it's not true!" Melissa said.

I looked into her eyes. "It's true! My father wouldn't say something like that if it wasn't!" I said.

The men were carrying in the council table that I had flung through the door. They all sat down. Melissa ran out of the room crying. Michael went to follow her. "Michael, sit! Let her be."

He nodded.

"I had asked you here to receive good news, but I have both good and bad. Which do you want first?" I asked the council.

It was Alexander who answered. "Give us the good news my lord."

"My daughter has managed to get and army of three hundred men and woman ready to fight for us." I said.

"So what's the bad my lord?" Peter asked.

I looked at him. "Alexandria is dead!" I said. It nearly killed me to actually say it.

"No, that can't be. You saw her my lord." Peter said.

"Yes, I did. But my father contacted me and told me there was a shadow cloud covering the east, and that is where Alexandria was last seen. No one can survive the shadow cloud, not me or my father. And, not my daughter!" I said, as Peter broke down in tears.

"Council dismissed." I said.

I got up and left the room. I went up to my room to find Melissa. She was crying her eyes out on the bed. I went over and hugged her tight.

"Is there anyway that she could have survived it Lucifer?" she asked me.

"None that I'm aware of Melissa."

She completely broke down in my arms. That night I cried my self to sleep in my wife's arms.

I was rudely awoken by Alexander. He barged into our room. I was about to sent him for a flying lesson when he spoke.

"My lord, excuse the interruption but the light raiders have massed on the northern hill and they have a full army of about five or six hundred. I think it's time my lord!"

It took a few seconds to realise what he was suggesting. "The final battle?" I asked.

"I think so my lord."

"Get my wife out of here. Take her to the mountain she was hiding in before. Drake will tell you the way. Under no circumstances are you to leave that mountain until ether a member of the council, or I comes to collect her. Do you understand?"

Yes my lord. I will ready the horses." He left without further argument. I shook Melissa awake and told her what was happening.

She was ready and dressed within a few minutes. I threw a cloak on her and took her down to the stables.

Alexander and Drake were already on their horses.

"If anything happens to her, I'm holding you two responsible!" I said.

"My lord, we will protect her with our lives!" Alexander said.

"Be safe! I will come and collect you when this is over, I love you." I said to Melissa.

"I love you too Lucifer." she said as she dug her heels into her horse and sped off.

As soon as she was safely away from the castle I started to shout orders trying to get the men ready for battle. The final battle had begun.

I was screaming orders at people. "Michael over here now!"

"Yes my lord?" He was half way through putting his armour on.

"Get any one who can carry a sword to fight! And that includes your sons."

"Yes my lord." he said and he ran off. I ran to my room.

My armour was laid out for me. I strapped on my armour. The only thing I could think of was that my daughter should be here fighting with me.

I felt a surge of anger rip through me! Gabriel would pay for what he's done. It wasn't enough that I never saw my daughter grow up; but they had to rip her away from me.

I strapped my sword to my waist, picked up my shield, and went down to the stables. The rest of council were waiting for me. I mounted my horse. As I was handed my helmet, there was commotion in the stables.

"What's going on?" I yelled.

"It's your daughters horse! He's going berserk my lord.", a stable hand said.

"Then let him go. You know the law! Let flash go as well." I said with a very heavy heart.

It was an old tradition that you let a deceased persons animals free to run with the wild. I looked around as Spirit bolted from the stable and headed to the forest I almost completely broke down when flash also ran from the castle to join Spirit.

It felt like my heart was tearing in two.

"Are the men ready?" I asked John.

"They are my lord, it's time!" he said as I rode out to the front of the army. They all looked scared to the teeth, and the truth was so was I, although I would never admit it.

I turned to face the light raiders. Their army was about the same as ours, but I knew that with my daughter gone, we were at a disadvantage! Gabriel and a few of his men rode out to the middle of the battle field. I rode out with Michael and Peter.

I paused when we got to the middle.

"What do you want Gabriel?" I said, not in the mood for pleasantries.

"Simple, put down your arms and only some of you will die!" he said.

"Do you think that after everything you've put my clan through am going to step down?" I said.

"What I've done to you?! How about what your daughter has done to us! She killed our king, and last heir to the throne. She killed my brother and father. Do you think were not going to make you pay for what she did?" Gabriel said.

"I'm very proud of what my daughter has done, why should a father feel any different?" I said beaming over what Alexandria had done in a short space of time.

I was so very proud of her! I just wish she knew.

"It's simple step down or die Lucifer." Gabriel said.

"we will never step down! We will fight to the last man gives his last breath!" I said.

I rode back to the men. I called the rest of the council round and told them what was said.

"We fight to the end, are you with me or against me?" I said.

"After what they did to Alexandria there's no way we're letting them live my lord." Peter said. The rest of them nodded in agreement.

"So be it! We fight to the end" I said, as we turned and prepared for battle.

The battle to end all battles.

We stood on the edge of the battle field waiting for the light raiders to make the first move and the first mistake.

Before anyone could do anything, flash came running out of the forest and into the middle of the field.

She looked right into my eyes and howled. The light raiders took this as a sign to start the battle and they opened fire on flash with arrows! Before I could give any orders to fire the light raiders arrows turned to ash before my eyes.

"My lord! Did you do that?" Michael asked.

"No! I can only move things, there's no way I could have done that!" I said.

"Then who did my lord?" Michael asked.

I looked over at Gabriel who just shrugged his shoulders.

"It wasn't them! What is going on?" I asked.

Before I could say anything the ground started to shake as a shadow crept over the army. In the spaces between my men, men armoured in black armour came from the ground and just stood next to my men.

"Where did they come from?" I asked Alexander.

"I have no idea my lord!"

There was a volley of arrows fried at the light raiders from the direction of the forest. It was then I saw it. A rider dressed completely in black armour, upon a black horse! A long thick sword hung at the rider's side, along with a very thick shield.

The rider's helmet completely covered the rider's face. They rode out to meet us. We braced for fighting, but the rider signalled that no harm was intended.

The rider came right up to me and said, "I thought you could use a hand father!"

I nearly fainted. "Alexandria?"

"Yes father it's me, the leader of the army of the dammed and am here to help!" Alexandria said as she removed her helmet.

It was her! She was alive and the leader of the army of the dammed!