Blood & Power Ch. 03

Story Info
The night continues. The clash ensues.
2.9k words
4.6
8.2k
5

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/07/2022
Created 10/26/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Please vote and comment. I have plans for making this something more than just a posting online. With your help and feedback these plans can become reality.

BenevolentDCC

Chapter 3 - Clash

Asher took his time walking back to the compound. The abandoned factory had become his temporary base of operations, but his true home would always be among nature. He enjoyed the smell of the trees. The dew covered moss that grew up the bark brought to mind memories of his childhood. The small village had never known a plague like the Shadow Dog and in the passing of that great evil a new power emerged in the land.

Asher had spent much of the days working with his mother. He was sickly in that time, small for his age, and beset upon on all sides by the stronger and more aggressive boys. He had yet to make his first kill and though others looked down on him in disgust, he did not crave the sight of blood on his hands.

His mother - hands rough from weaving baskets and tanning hides - took his small hands in her own and comforted him with stories of good overcoming evil, princes finding their princess, and magic flowing from the heart of honorable men. Asher, then called Byren, had listened with rapt attention as his mother's voice soothed away his fears and chased the monsters from the landscapes of his mind.

Asher shook his head trying to chase the memories away before the sting reminded him of the cost of power. The true cost of magic.

The sounds of moans and screams of pleasure reverberated through the halls of the compound. Asher usually loved the sounds, the smells, the sights of it all. Tonight, the smells were acrid smoke to his senses. The women were dull blurs of splotchy hues. The men were fluffy mounds of putrid meat. All around the smell of sour sweat pressed upon him, suffocating, seeping into the pores of his skin.

He could feel his anger rising. He could feel the hunger - once so hard to fight - building within him. It had been so long since he had let the change take him over. True enough that he would allow parts of himself to succumb to the transition, but he had taken great care to keep his secrets hidden. Even from the pack.

He sat in the heavy armchair he had acquired. The massive rough hewn wood frame creaked beneath him. At 6'4" and 240 pounds, it was no easy task for anything to support him. He gripped the splintery armrests until the wood creaked at his assault. He clenched his teeth. Something was unsettling him. Something about this night had turned . . . sour.

He caught the eye of the raven-haired girl he had ravished earlier. She was beneath a svelte man with a tangle of blonde hair. The man gripped the sheets in his fists as he worked his hips against hers. The length of his erection slid free from her tight hole covered in a thick coat of her juices. The sight - normally welcome in this "brothel" - turned Asher's stomach. He crossed the room in three powerful strides and grabbed the man by the back of his skull.

With a shrug of his shoulders Asher flung the man into the hard stone of the surrounding wall. The blonde head smacked against the wall with a sickening crack. Some of the others in the room gasped or squealed in surprise. The girl with the jet black hair and wide-spread legs looked deep into Asher's eyes with hunger reflecting in her own.

"Ash'ara." Asher whispered, closing his eyes. He climbed between her spread thighs and freed the heavy weight of his manhood from his leather pants. The girl licked her lips and drew her long nails across the hard muscles of his lower stomach. He growled as he looked down at her. "Ash'ara Va'a'luc." My Prize.

He pressed the tip of his cock against her soft folds. Her heat fueled his hunger. Her soft lips were swollen, slick with her juices, and they fell open blooming for him. She took her lower lip between her teeth as he pushed his hips forward. The swollen head of him pressed against her opening, she moaned as her body tried to accommodate his prodigious size. Her muscles relaxed and he filled her completely. Each time he pulsed within her she could feel it just beneath her belly-button. She had never been filled so completely. She moaned for him.

The others in the room had ceased their activities. They looked on with growing interest as Asher began to saw in and out of his conquest. She begged for him, calling out as pleasure became all that existed for her. He did not hold back his orgasm. He welcomed the oblivion of release. His body did not long for the change. There was no passion in this moment, only ownership. He claimed her with every movement.

The familiar tingle started in the heavy weight of his balls. He forced himself deep into her as the sensations moved like a wave up the shaft of his dick. She felt him pulse hard within her, once, twice, she moaned wantonly as the first thick rope of his seed sprayed into her. Asher bit her shoulder to prevent the howl from escaping his mouth. The taste of blood danced across his tongue. She would be scarred from this coupling. He smiled knowing that she would be marked for the rest of her life. Ash'ara Va'a'luc.

A howl split the air. The call was full of pain. The call of an injured werewolf. Asher's skin prickled as the sound sent chills down his spine.

He pulled himself from the woman beneath him and raced from the room, naked, into the night.

***

Elizabeth Madison - Em to her family - held her niece on her lap. The family had gathered together for their annual summer reunion and the sunshine and warm air greeted them eagerly. She sat in a cushioned lawn chair feeling the breeze playfully ruffle her orange sundress beneath a large Maple tree, the leaves a dark, healthy green. Everything about the day bespoke of fun, love, and community.

Emily, freshly turned 5, tugged at her aunts thick red curls. Em laughed at the girl's playfulness. She wrapped her arms tightly around the little girl and cocooned her in a tight hug. She hoped the gesture could convey all the love and hope she held in her heart for this blessing of life. Her niece smiled up at her.

"I love you, Aunt Em." "I love you, Sweetie." She replied.

Her breath left her lungs in a rush. She gasped for more as her legs kept pumping. The cold air stung her throat and left her lungs burning. She wanted nothing more than to stop but the thought that she would never hold that little burning star of love in her arms again kept her moving.

The creature had dropped in front of her shortly after she had started her panicked run. She wanted to scream but her mind screamed, "RUN!" She took one last look at the wrinkled, pale-eyed creature as she slowly bent down and unclasped her high-heels and slipped her bare feet from the shoes.

The creature clicked at her. The sound like a card caught in the spokes of a bike wheel. It cocked its head to the side, its long multi-jointed arms swinging spasmodically as it moved. It opened its mouth far wider than should have been possible showing rows of round, dull teeth. The saliva dripping from the open maw was opaque like bile. It was colorless in the orange lamp lights. It raised one hand and pointed a crooked finger at her. It clicked once more.

Asteria ran with all her might her bare feet slapping against the concrete. All the while she could hear the creature moving behind her, clicking its tongue as if mocking her for her flight. She pushed herself to run harder, but she never seemed to gain any ground away from the monster which pursued her.

She turned down an alley as she looked over her shoulder. The creature was on her heels and having no difficulty in keeping up with her. She turned back around to focus on her path when things became a little too familiar for her comfort. Her fear intensified as she recognized the chunk of concrete which could only have been a parking barrier. The piece of re-bar that stuck from the top of the block chilled her.

Her footsteps slowed as she moved into the open area of the alley. She knew without looking behind her that the dumpster would have seven dents in the side forming a star. It could have been an accidental design but it always felt intentional to Asteria when she mentally returned to the scene. This was where they almost took her.

The creature walked after her matching her step-for-step. It knew that she couldn't escape. It was in no hurry to secure her, it was having far too much fun with the chase. It questioned her with the odd guttural clicks. Saliva poured from its mouth in dirty rivulets down its patchy chest. Asteria backed away from the creature.

She lowered her eyes to the flight-dirtied toes beneath her. She noticed that her nail polish had chipped. A shame, she thought to herself. "Goodbye little Emily." She said as tears chilled her cheek.

The creature moved closer. It reached for her. Asteria screamed.

***

The Oni approached and surrounded the supine figure of Garret. The chittered and clicked to one another. The noise sounded like someone popping their fingers and toes over and over. Garret's ears twitched every sound. He ground his teeth as he considered his options.

The thick-bodied Oni was within striking distance. The silver spike had drained most of Garret's power but he was certain he had enough left to take this one down with him. "You little piece of scum!" Garret spit at the Oni. It smiled its wide, creepy smile at him. Now that it was so close the smell of it turned Garret's stomach to bitterness. Bile and acid churned up his throat spilling onto his tongue. He spit onto the ground attempting to clean the taste from his mouth.

Garret's arms were seized by the other Oni. They pinned him to the ground while their de-facto leader grabbed the metal spike sticking from Garret's chest and twisted.

Garret screamed as the unpolished metal twisted inside him. He was completely at their mercy. He knew he was going to die.

Darkness bloomed in the forest. An oil-colored cloud spread out surrounding everyone. Garret opened his eyes wider but it didn't help. His enhanced eyes couldn't see through whatever had enclosed them. The Oni were spooked. They hadn't prepared for whatever was happening.

Blood sprayed. Garret couldn't see it but their was no mistaking the high pressure hiss of an arterial wound. He could smell the liquid filth pouring from the Oni in a sick wave of decayed meat and burning hair. Garret's arms were freed in a moment. He lunged forward, heading for the spot he had last seen his opponent. He snapped his jaws shut, pinioning the Oni skull between his powerful teeth. The skull cracked before splitting like an over-ripe tomato.

Thick, hot fluid spewed into his mouth. He immediately regretted his decision.

The heavy cloud of darkness receded. It pooled together into the form of a creature. Garret growled low in his throat as the heavy coppery scent filled his nose.

"Saved by a fucking Vampire." Garret coughed.

"It would seem so." The figure responded. "I am Sieve."

"I don't care what your name is." Garret responded.

"Touchy, touchy." Sieve replied. He gripped the silver spike in one hand and ripped it free in a smooth motion. Garret screamed as the metal exited his skin. "You should be fine." He tilted his head to the side. "Who's a good boy?!" He asked, waving the silver stake like a stick. "You want the stick? You want the stick?" He threw the spike into the brush. "Fetch!"

Garret gave him a look which plainly said: not amused.

Asher exploded into the clearing. His body was covered in sweat but nothing else. Garret laughed.

"You always did say if you heard the call you would come running, no matter what."

"Just the man, well thing, I wanted to see."

"Sieve." Asher's voice was a rumble in the stillness.

"Asher." The Vampire inclined his head. "I have a message for you."

"From Him?" Asher asked.

"Naturally." The Vampire spoke calmly as if none of this bothered him. "He says, 'She is ours!'"

"Fuck Him." Asher spit.

"He might give you the chance." Sieve replied before vanishing from the area.

"He's going for her?" Garret asked.

"Yes." Asher confirmed. "It's beyond our control now."

"We failed?"

"They haven't succeeded."

"We can't move like them." Garret barked.

"We aren't the only players in the game."

Garret's eyes widened, then he nodded in agreement. "It's out of our hands."

Asher helped him to his feet. "Yes, but it's not over by a long shot."

***

Asteria barely registered the sticky sensation on the bottom of her feet. The panicked flight had left her feet numb to the cold and grit of the pavement. The creature clicked menacingly at her as it twitched closer. A repulsive smell billowed from the creature. It was a noxious smell of rotting meat, sweat soured clothing, and excrement. Asteria's stomach churned.

She knew that this was the end. This was the face of Death for her. She looked down at her barefoot race-dirtied feet. She noticed that the pretty paint had chipped. "Such a shame." She thought to herself.

The creature reached for her. It's multi-jointed arm bending at awkward and sickening angles. Asteria opened her mouth to scream but the sound died in her throat.

Red light illuminated the area.

Asteria fell back onto her butt as the sudden development caught her off-guard.

The creature clicked rapidly. The noise like a shotgun blast of activity. A circle had formed beneath it. Myriad, strange symbols throbbed to life with dark crimson activity. The creature's eyes opened widely as it clicked and reached wildly for its prey.

Asteria watched as the circle exploded in an explosion of thin red lines. The creature was cut to thin ribbons as the spell took effect. As it died it mewled like a newborn crying for Mother. Asteria knew she would never forget that sound. It would haunt her from now until her death.

A robed figure emerged from the dark. The fabric moved like liquid silk and covered the figure from head to toe. Asteria's heart hammered in her chest like a trip-hammer.

The figure looked off into the night. "It's not safe here." The voice was surprisingly warm and even more surprisingly - female.

Asteria looked at the fading remains of the creature which had chased her. She looked back to the robed woman and asked the first question that came to her mind. "How can I trust you?"

The woman had turned away from Asteria. She looked over her shoulder at the girl still on the ground. "The question you should ask is: How can you afford not to trust me?" She indicated the recently deceased.

The woman extended her hand to Asteria. Asteria wanted to run. This was too much, too quickly. A stranger pops out of nowhere, kills a creature with a mystical force, and then asks to be trusted. Asteria knew how this would play out in a movie or a book. She knew that she would run, that the woman would chase her down, and ultimately she would be convinced that she had to follow in order to stay alive.

"Better to skip some chapters and near-death experiences." She said to herself. So Asteria, heart still hammering, rose to her feet and followed. She was still alive thanks to this person, may as well see just how far the metaphorical "rabbit hole" went.

***

Sieve watched from the safety of the shadows on the rooftop as the Oni reached for the girl. Though she was human, she smelled different from any other he had encountered. He breathed deeply. She was a flavor on the breeze. A mix of hazelnut, vanilla, and blackberry. There was also an unfamiliar scent surrounding her. The cloying bouquet of fragrances caused the vampire to grimace.

"I wonder," Sieve thought to himself, "what makes her blood so special?" He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Maybe just a taste..."

The Oni stepped forward and in an instant bright red light filled the air. Sieve "smoked" into a cloud of oily darkness as the Oni screamed in agony.

Sieve re-formed himself as the thrumming red whips tore the creature to ribbons. His opened his mouth in disgust, his fangs showing in the low moonlight.

"Fucking, blood-casters." He spit.

The robed woman stepped into view and extended her hand to the girl on the ground. Sieve weighed his options.

"I could attack and take the girl." He considered. "But, that would most likely lead to retaliation from the Tower." He put his hands into his pockets. "I guess that leaves the diplomatic approach." He smiled. "Or, kidnapping." His smile grew wider.

He heard the exchange they shared. He smelled the fear on this girl, but he could also sense her curiosity.

"My God!" He breathed. "She's going to follow this stranger!" He shook his head. "Kidnapping it is." Sieve chuckled softly. "How hard can it be to get a human away from a young Vayne?"

(To Be Continued)

Please comment and vote. I want to know what you think of the story and what I can fix. Thank you all.

BenevolentDCC