Blood in the Big Easy Ch. 00

Story Info
Death Becomes Him.
1k words
4.43
7.5k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**Authors Note: Welcome to my first foray into the world of writing. This story will start off slow, as in limited sex scenes for a while, sorry :). The intent is to build the characters and storyline. To those of you who are history buffs, especially in the realm of Greek Mythology, I ask for your forgiveness. You might see a few tweaks to time, age, location etc. in order to better tell my tale (and to keep to the guidelines of all characters being 18 years of age and older). I apologize for this first entrance being so short. Chapter 1 will be the length you would expect. Hopefully I've given you just enough of a taste that you will want to come back for more, lol. Hope you all enjoy, and please feel free to vote and comment.

***Please note that the author retains all property rights in this work. This work may not be copied, published on another site, or distributed in any other way without the express written permission of the author. Thank you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Prologue

October 28, 130

The Nile River, Egypt

The pain in the back of his head was excruciating, making the bile rise up in his throat. As the pain dulled to a throbbing ache, he could feel the weight of someone lying partially over him, could feel their stare burning into him. Slowly he was becoming aware of other sensations as well, like how wet and cold his body was. He could feel water gently lapping at his legs while his back was against wet sand. Antinous realized he must be lying half in and out of the river, on the bank. Still lying there with his eyes closed, he came to the conclusion that the body resting on top of his definitely belonged to a woman. He could feel the softness of her breast pushing against his bare chest; her cool silky thigh resting between his own. Slowly, painfully he opened his eyes to see who his rescuer could be.

Lilith watched his beautiful dark eyes flicker open and try to focus on her. She brushed his short dark hair from his forehead. It was cropped close to his head in a popular Roman fashion. Tracing her finger over his thick arched brows, she was again mesmerized by the absolute beauty of his face. His defined cheek bones and jaw combined with his smooth olive skin tone spoke of his Greek heritage. His full lips hinting toward a hidden sensual nature. She smirked to herself, 'It is easy to see why Hadrian has made such a fool of himself over this boy.'

Lilith smiled with lips as red as a rose pedal. "At last you are mine." She whispered while trailing long slender fingers from his chin down his sculpted chest. While his face still held on to the glimmering reflection of adolescence merging with the first stages of manhood, his body was that of a man full grown.

"Who are you?" Antinous croaked through water-logged lungs.

"I am Lilith, Goddess of the night. Giver and taker of life." she purred.

"What do you want from me? Why did you pull me from the rivers shallow grave?" His body felt heavy. So heavy he could not even move his arms.

"I have been waiting for this moment for a very long time. To bestow upon you a gift most others will never know. Graciously I'll grant you the opportunity to choose. Between the eternal peace that comes with the true death from this life in which you have been dealt." She paused, tapping a finger against his chiseled abs. Her nostrils flared slightly as the scent of his blood, his essence, trickled up from the gash in the back of his skull. "Or everlasting life with me...as well as revenge toward those who have wronged you." She smiled a taunting smile, her incisors elongating to lightly touch her full bottom lip. He could see in the moonlit darkness, her iris's so light a blue as to almost be colorless against the white of her eyes. Whatever she was, she was not human.

He closed his eyes again, feeling his life's blood slowly draining from the back of his head. He imagined the peace death would bring. Finally an end to the constant grief over the loss of his parents, and of the continuous humiliation of being held a prisoner in a gilded cage before the whole of the Roman Empire. Antinous' mind suddenly flashed to Hadrian telling him he must come with them, that his parents died in the mysterious fire that burnt down their home. He had been young enough to feel the fear of life without the guidance of his parents, yet old enough to perceive the smirks on the faces of the Roman soldiers surrounding him, telling at a different story. Then of Hadrian placing a hand upon his thigh, telling him how beautiful he was, insisting that Antinous touch and caress him in return. His adolescent mind screaming out in rage and agony, yet his face showing none of these expressions, knowing the Emperor would unleash his cruel form of punishment if he did. Flashing on to the betrayal of the only other male he had trusted...and then there was Daphne. His mind shied away from that very last thought as anger and hate boiled up from somewhere hidden deep within. He could feel his body tremble with the force of it.

In the distance, the mournful wailing of what sounded almost like a woman drifted through the air. He could hear the shouts coming from the vessel in the river. They were searching for him. He was searching for him.

Slowly opening his eyes again, he focused his cold gaze upon her. "I choose...life"

The look in his eyes gave her pause for just a moment. Then her taunting smile became wicked and feral, the pupils of her eyes dilated so much her eyes almost seemed black now. Slowly she leaned in toward him until he could feel the light brush of her cold lips against his neck...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Did I whet your appetite for more? I hope so. Chapter One soon to follow. Comments and feedback are always welcome. Don't forget to vote :)