Blood Moon Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lilith dashed out of the kitchen with a knife and looked at the front door where Derek and Rowan were standing. Casey ran to the phone and Rowan quickly tore the line out of the wall. Lilith quickly made her way to the three.

"We didn't come here to harm either of you. I promise." Derek spoke quickly, raising his hands in surrender as Lilith approached with her knife raised high.

"As if I can count on any of your promises." Lilith sneered, pointing the knife at him.

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?" Derek asked, still standing at the threshold.

Lilith ignored him and turned her attention to Rowan. "Rowan, if you promise me Casey's safety and that no harm will ever come to her, I will leave with the both of you willingly."

"You take his word, but not mine?" Derek demanded.

Lilith tossed him a scathing glare. "I take the word of a man and any man who rapes a woman is not a man in my eyes!"

Casey gasped and all eyes fell on Derek. He remained silent, but it was obvious he was torn between guilt and anger. Derek looked at Rowan and barked an order.

"Well, take her damn deal. But I only came here to talk." Derek growled low.

Still keeping the knife pointed at Derek, Lilith spoke to Rowan. "Promise that neither you nor your brother will seek me or Casey out again. And neither will Casey nor hers get involved with whatever either of you have planned for me. As well as neither of us will come into harm since you two are just 'here to talk'."

"On my children's graves." Rowan promised.

Lilith lowered her knife as Casey moved up next to her. Handing the knife to Casey, Lilith tried to ignore the way Derek was looking at her. She moved out of the way and motioned for them to enter the living room.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Lilith asked suspiciously.

Derek scrunched his brows in thought. "You're different."

A nervous bubble built up inside of Lilith. Would he take advantage of her weakness? Lilith didn't want to find out, so instead she lifted her chin and ignored him.

"I'm thirsty." Casey said, breaking the tension. "You." She pointed at Rowan with the knife. "Come with me to the kitchen. I'm not leaving the both of you here to overpower Lilith while I'm gone."

Rowan stood from the couch and followed Casey to the kitchen. He may as well give Derek and Lilith some time to talk. It was hard for him not to laugh when Casey handed the knife back to Lilith before bouncing off to the kitchen.

Lilith waited until Casey and Rowan was gone before she looked back at Derek. She narrowed her eyes at him, waiting for him to speak. He just sat there, looking down at his hands with a guilty expression. Growing impatient, Lilith huffed.

"Are you going to say anything or just sit there?" Lilith put the knife down on the table beside her and crossed her arms.

Derek finally looked up. He stared at Lilith who took his stare as a challenge so she stared right back. Questions kept popping up about how she dealt with Bran Roderick's death, how she got along in the world being all alone. Obviously she was still alone...well maybe not anymore since she found Casey. Then he wondered if Casey knew about the world of vampires and werewolves.

"I heard about Bran Roderick." Derek cleared his throat. "Half of me wants to choke you because you ran away. If you hadn't run, we could have been happy. Our son would have still been alive."

Lilith shot to her feet in disbelief. "Are you blaming this on me?" She cried. "If I hadn't done this, if I had done that instead, our son would still be alive? Oh yes, if I hadn't snuck into your tent that night and forced you to have sex with me, we wouldn't be in this predicament would we? Let me just tell you this. I am not saying that I am at all innocent, but don't you dare place all the blame on me!"

"That's not what I meant." Derek began. "Damnit. I planned out what I was going to say, and this isn't it." He raked a hand through his hair and motioned for Lilith to sit. "I'm trying to explain. Please sit."

With another glare, Lilith took her seat and waited for Derek to continue.


Casey was peeking around the corner when she finally turned back to the kitchen. She bumped straight into Rowan, who grabbed her upper arms to steady her. Practically slapping his hands away, Casey steadied herself and walked briskly into the kitchen.

"Your brother is a prick." Casey said, going to the refrigerator for some passion orange juice.

"I beg yer pardon?" Rowan said, getting defensive for his brother.

"You heard me. I said your brother is a P-R-I-C-K." She took a sip of her juice before picking at a pancake.

Casey pulled herself onto a counter for a seat. She was grateful her brother wasn't there; otherwise she'd be getting in trouble. According to him, the counter was not for butts. Something she constantly rolled her eyes about. She once caught him with a now ex-girlfriend getting hot and heavy on the counter when he thought she was staying at their parent's house. So much for no butts on the counter.

Casey glanced at Rowan, wondering why he was being so quiet. She hated the way her body would just react to him. When she thought about him, her body began to heat up and she'd grow moist.

Shifting uncomfortably, Casey realized that Rowan was watching her. As if he knew she was aroused, he gave her a slow smile. Gods, could the man be any sexier? Casey hoped not because if he was, she might be close to tearing her clothes off and begging him to take her. Casey snorted, almost choking on her juice when she thought of him 'taking her'.

Rowan made his way to the counter with a napkin and he handed it to Casey. She plucked the napkin out of his hand as if she was afraid to touch him and coughed a couple times to clear her throat. Just then, Casey realized how un-sexy she was in a big shirt and sleeping shorts. She would be groaning at herself right now had she been interested in Rowan...which she wasn't. Casey shifted on the counter again as she could almost feel his body heat radiating off of him. Unintentionally, Casey's body swayed closer to him. Nope, not attracted to him at all.

"Casey?" Rowan said as he leaned towards her.

"Hmm?" Casey murmured as he leaned even closer. She tilted her head up, loving the fact that he was so tall.

"Would it be alright if I got a cup of water?" Rowan motioned to the rows of cups behind her head.

Casey frowned and moved out of the way. "Whatever."

A smile broke across Rowan's face as Casey frowned even more. It looked almost as if he was trying not to laugh. Casey crossed her arms under her small breasts and pouted.

"What's so funny?"

"Ye." Rowan answered. "I'm sorry, but I purposely got closer tae test out a theory I had."

"A theory?" Casey tried to ask nonchalant.

"I wanted tae see if ye'd mind me kissing ye."

Casey's breath caught. "Really?" Ack, did her voice just go up an octave? So much for being casual.

Rowan nodded.

"And?" Casey pressed.

"And what?" Rowan teased, knowing she wanted to hear the conclusion to his theory.

She glared at him until Rowan smiled again, even laughing a bit.

Rowan leaned forward so his lips just barely touched her ear and he whispered. "I doona think ye'd mind if I kissed ye."

"That's the most conceited thing I have ever heard!" Casey said as she pulled away from him, her skin flushed.

Just to prove his point, Rowan reached for her. He slid one hand into her soft hair and the other to her hip. Turning her face towards him, he whispered against her lips.

"Then tell me tae stop." He murmured.

Casey streamed her fingers in his thick hair and pulled his head down. "Later."

The moment their lips made contact, Casey felt as if there was an earthquake. She felt light headed and off balance. He licked and sucked, coaxing her to open her mouth. When she did, Casey moaned as his tongue deftly played with her. There was a sensual promise to the strokes of his tongue on hers. Promise that he knew how to use his tongue in more ways than just kissing.

Rowan forced his way between her thighs as their kissing got heavier. Dragging his lips off of hers, he kissed and sucked her neck as one hand moved to her thigh. Casey threw her head back as her hands moved to the hem of his shirt. She wanted to touch his skin. Slipping her hand under his shirt, she slid her fingers over the taut skin on his back an abdomen as he groaned against her neck. Rowan traced his fingers up to Casey's left breast and pinched her nipple. Moaning, Casey pushed herself against Rowan, her fingernails biting into his flesh softly. Unable to take it, Rowan bent his head and suck on Casey's nipple through her hideously oversized shirt. Casey rubbed herself against him shamelessly, biting down on her moans.

Suddenly there was shouting coming from the living room. Rowan and Casey broke apart instantly and stared at each other while breathing harshly. He gave her another slow smile and Casey felt her face flush as she hopped off the counter and made her way to the living room.

When Casey reached the living room, there was a gorgeous blonde standing there looking at a seemingly stunned Derek and Lilith. The blonde didn't seem to notice Casey and Rowan as she continued to talk.


Elizabeth had arrived on Kauai on the most horrible flight ever. She had to sit next to the most disgusting man who kept leering at her like some starving fat kid looking at cake. Throughout the whole flight she had to hold down her gag reflexes whenever she caught him staring at her. She was overjoyed to be off the plane.

Seeing as she shouldn't waste any time, Elizabeth checked into her hotel then went directly to where Lilith was staying. She had gotten the address from the phone number connected to it.

Upon her arrival, Elizabeth was well aware that there were two lycans on the premises. She invited herself in, since the door was unlocked and there was a welcome mat out. She found Lilith in a heated argument with Derek. When she entered, Derek must have sensed her because his nostrils flared and his head snapped in her direction. Elizabeth looked at him blandly before looking over at Lilith.

Perfect, she thought to herself. Lilith seemed almost human by now. Derek tried to stand, but it was as if his body was glued to the chair. Elizabeth gave him an amused look and although a dozen words came to mind that he wanted to say, nothing could come out of his mouth. Elizabeth smirked at his helplessness.

"Ahh, the gifts I received upon becoming a vampire are rather helpful in such a situation as this. You must be Roderick McElroy, Lilith's mated. This is quite perfect timing. I don't think I could have planned this all better myself."

Elizabeth took a seat and began to explain, whether or not Lilith and Derek wanted an explanation. Both were stuck in their seats, unable to speak.

"When I first met Lilith in London about four hundred years ago, I thought, 'how strange. This vampire chit smells of lycan.' And I later found out she's mated to one. So I began to devise a plan. If we could get lycan and vampire DNA to mix, the curse would be over. See, most believe that if one race is extinct, then that means that the curse will end. When really we just need to make the two races become one. Seeing as vampires are infertile, that would be quite impossible." Elizabeth let out an irritated sigh.

"I had to wait until technology was advance enough to make such a thing possible. And I couldn't be trying prototypes on Lilith. I tried everything from injecting lycan with vampire DNA and vampires with lycan DNA, but the differences just cannot be bridged and the subjects all died within hours after tampering with their genetic material. Mind you, I also found out that only males carry the lycan genes. And the damnest thing is that they're infertile unless with their mated.

" With a common ground like human DNA, it could work. But after my last blunder and killing off nearly a fourth of my kind, I suppose I did not have time for more trials and errors." Elizabeth paused to inspect her fingernails. It was as if she had practiced the speech many times and had grown bored reciting it again. In fact, the Vampire Nation council had wanted to kill her for that last mistake, but the fault of the incomplete serum being distributed throughout the Sanctuaries hadn't been her fault. That blame rested on an agent from the VPA, Vampire Protections Association, sent by the Council. She continued.

"Lilith was already interesting in the fact that she is a day walker. You are a miracle you know that Lilith? It was prophesized that you would come to us when you did. The first step of salvation. You carry the vampire and human gene. For you, the vampire and human gene merged so you were still able to walk during the day. If we can bridge the vampire-human gene with a lycan gene, then we would create one race. Where upon the curse should be lifted." Elizabeth dusted lint off of her chic, white pants.

"So I injected you with the anti-virus. Although you carry a mutation of a vampire and human gene, it would be impossible for you to have children if your body was still dead. But the anti-virus suppresses your vampire gene, being successful only in you because your cells are still partially human. Be the key to break the curse, yaddah yaddah," Elizabeth waved her hand around in a bored fashion. "In other words, have a baby with Roderick. Bridge our two races and we can all be human again."

Elizabeth released her powers over Derek and Lilith, only to have the both of them shouting at the same time. She covered her ears with her slender fingers as she cringed beautifully. Rolling her clear green-blue eyes, Elizabeth silenced them again. She noticed a young woman and another lycan walk into the living room, but ignored them as she summed everything up.

"Lilith, stop being so selfish. Think of the greater good. I've planned this all out since I first learned you were mated to a lycan. So, you will have Derek's child, that child must be a boy and he will be the salvation to both lycans and vampires."