Blood Moon: Lucian's Story Ch. 05

Story Info
A secret discovered and a challenge issued.
2.8k words
4.61
20.4k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The door to Kiryn's cell burst open to show nothing in the light the door let in. Lucian felt his stomach sink to his feet as he grabbed a candle from the wall and swept it around the cell, almost missing the curled up body lying in the far corner. As soon as Syra saw Kiryn she rushed over to her, gently turning Kiryn over. Lucian felt bile rise in his throat as he finally got a good look at the woman he had sent here. Blood and dirt covered her entire body which was naked. Bruises, burns, bites and whip marked crossed over her skin as they had when he first had found her. Her black hair was short, barely touching her chin and looked as if it had been chopped off. What killed him more was the blood coating her thighs and the floor all around her. He wanted to die at that very moment, even more so when Syra turned to him, tears streaming down her face.

Malachi stopped behind Lucian and caught a glimpse of Kiryn on the floor. Shoving Lucian aside he rushed next to her, checking her pulse in her throat. He let a sigh of relief to find it there, despite how weak it was.

"Lucian give me your shirt, I will carry her up to my room. Dominic go find the healer, we will need her. Syra, go get some blood bags."

Everyone leapt to obey Malachi's orders, leaving Lucian and Malachi alone with Kiryn. Lucian looked down at the body of the woman that he had condemned to the worst of fates. He made a move to touch what was left of her hair but a snarl from Malachi had him jerking back. He had never seen Malachi show his feelings so opening before and he knew in that there would be hell to pay.

Malachi lifted Kiryn gently and left the hell hole she had been placed in, keeping her far from Lucian's touch. He had felt anger before but never in his long existence had he felt this all consuming rage that made his body shake, nor had he ever felt the pain that seemed to be boiling in his heart. He would never have thought that his own brother would allow something like this to be done to a woman no matter what she may or may not be. The fact that Lucian had allowed this to be done behind his back enraged him, but it was the fact that it was Kiryn that made it worse.

He continued to move quickly through the upper corridors, and took the stairs three at a time. He had just reached his door where Dominic and the healer were when he felt Kiryn stir in his arms.

Kiryn opened her eyes slowly, fatigue almost keeping her from accomplishing her goal. For a moment everything was blurry and finally Malachi's worried face swam into focus. It was then that she realized she was being held against his body, a male body and a small shiver of fear ran through her. She also saw Dominic standing not far away and terror ran through her. She immediately began to struggle against his hold certain that they had come to finish what had been started by the guards in the dungeon.

"Relax Kiryn please, or you will injure yourself further." Malachi said keeping his hold firm yet gentle

"I will not allow you to rape me. Please, just kill me and get it over with." Kiryn begged tears streaming down her face

Malachi felt his heart clench and agony almost made him cry as she said her broken plea. Moving swiftly through the door to his bedchamber he laid her on the bed gently stroking a hand over her butchered hair as Syra came into the room. Syra dropped the bags she was holding on the floor and rushed to Kiryn's said seating herself on the bed next to her.

"I am so sorry Kiryn. I did not know what was happening, nor did Dominic or Malachi. I know you are scared and hurt but please, let the healer work on you. I will ensure that nothing happens to you."

Kiryn watched the pink tinged tears that rolled from Syra face then looked to Dominic and Malachi. Both of the men looked angry, but when they set their eyes on her own their expressions softened and only sorrow showed through. She wasn't sure what to think and had just opened her mouth to speak when Lucian came into the door frame. What she had been ready to say died on her tongue and only a hiss came from her parted lips. Adrenaline suddenly poured through her body and her injuries were forgotten, the only though in her head was to make the one who had hurt her suffer.

Every head had turned in Lucian's direction when he had entered, and the malice in the eyes of his brothers only added to his pain. When Kiryn hissed at him his gaze met hers and he felt as if a hand had clenched around his throat, and it wasn't easing off. Despite her state, with her fangs bared and her eyes shooting sparks he found her desirable. Malachi felt the emotion that rolled of his brother and he bared his fangs at Lucian warning him off.

"Leave this room and wait for me in my study Lucian, Dominic, escort him them and round up the rest of the family immediately. Tell them it is an emergency, Syra I want you to stay here with Kiryn while the healer works on her." Malachi said his fury evident in his voice.

Dominic hurried to obey Malachi's command even though Lucian tried to withstand Dominic's pull. It took a moment but Dominic managed to drag Lucian from the room and Malachi turned his attention to Kiryn who still had her fangs bared. Slowly he laid a hand on her shoulder and looked into her eyes.

"Relax Kiryn. I will not allow him or anyone else to harm you again. Please lay back and let the healer help take away the pain you are feeling." Malachi said softly allowing a hint of compulsion to enter his voice

It took a moment but slowly the red faded from Kiryn's vision and she looked into Malachi's ice colored eyes. She could feel the swirling emotions in him, all the fury and anger, but she knew it wasn't for her. Slowly her muscles loosened until she slid back into a laying position her all of her energy seeming to drain away from the look in Malachi's eyes.

Malachi stood again and nodded to the healer and Syra before leaving the room and making his way to his study. By the time he reached the heavy mahogany colored door all appearances of him being civilized were gone. Instead of a diplomatic king or brother he appeared before his family as nothing more than a wild untamed male. His blue eyes were glowing, power vibrating along every inch of his body and his fangs bared, throbbing heavy in his gums. Never had he wanted to kill another person more than he did right now.

His brothers and sister were all there, all twenty-nine of them and it appeared that Dominic had already filled them in on what was going on. No one stood close to Lucian who was leaning against the wall looking unworried yet sad.

"I wish to know now why you allowed that type of thing to happen to Kiryn!"Malachi said his voice more of a growl

"I did not know that those things were being done to her." Lucian answered

"Did you not bother to check on her condition?" Dante questioned

"No I did not; I did not think there would be a need to."

Malachi growled again and went to lunge at Lucian, but was stopped short by Ashley and Lothayr holding him back. The oldest of the sisters Neka, stepped in front of him and placed her hand on his forehead drawing his flying emotions into herself. Finally when Malachi was no longer fighting against Ashley and Lothayr, Neka nodded her head for them to release him before she turned to face Lucian.

"Lucian, you say that you did not know what was happening to this woman but I can smell that is a lie. You wanted that to happen and we all know it, else you would not have disappeared for two weeks and made sure we had to wait for you. I wish to know why and if you will not us willingly you know very well that we will use force to find out." Neka said her anger plain to see yet her tone was cold

Lucian looked at his sister and finally decided to give upon the act he had been playing for more centuries then he cared to count. Standing straight from the wall he allowed the mask that he always wore to slip from his features. It was then that everyone could see the light of madness that gleamed in his eyes.

"Do none of you know how long it has been since I was myself? Have none of you seen me slipping over the edge?" Lucian growled his voice no longer his own

It was then that everyone realized that this Lucian was not their brother. The sick madness that was swimming in his eye and the almost tangible hostility rolling from him did not belong to their brother. They also all knew that Lucian would not have allowed himself to slip this far into evil to hurt a woman which meant only one thing. Someone for some reason had done something to Lucian.

"Lucian, we all know that this isn't you. Tell us what happened to cause this."Malachi said

"You are a fool King Malachi, to have lost your brother so easily. He was so easy to take once that woman entered your holding."

It was Lucian speaking but the voice and the words belonged to someone else, someone that had been a sworn enemy to everyone within the court for centuries.

"I see you have found a way to bring us down Darthax."Malachi said calmly

"It took me awhile that I will admit. But when Lucian feared that he would lose his soul mate now that he had found her, it gave me the perfect opening to come into his mind."

Malachi looked at Lucian feeling a sudden lose at what to do. With Darthax in his mind Lucian would but unable to stop himself from doing anything. But at least now he knew that his brother had not allowed harm to come to a woman consciously.

"What do you want Darthax? There must be a reason for you to have done this."

"I want the woman; the last of the Valtrysen must be mine. She is the only one that will save me from this agony I have been living in."

Malachi felt as if the floor had been pulled from under him. Darthax wanted Kiryn a person who had nothing to do with the ages of fighting between the two colonies. Malachi was ready to refuse when the youngest of the sisters stepped forward. Shiryn looked small compared to everyone around them, but the force of her personal power at this moment almost rivaled Malachi's own.

"If we hand her over to you, you have to swear that you will leave Lucian's mind and never again enter into the conscious of any of the ruling family again." She said her crystal clear voice ringing loudly

"I will agree to these terms, however you will bring her outside your castle grounds this night so that I pick her up. IF you cannot, I will destroy everything you have ever known."

Shiryn looked serious for a moment but she didn't allow anything to show on her face.

"We cannot do that. She is healing from damage done, damage that you allowed us to have inflicted on her. I do not think that now would be the best time to allow her to do this." Shiryn said her voice sickly sweet

"Then I will destroy it all, every holding, every person you love until you kill each other from madness." Lucian's mouth moved, but Darthax's command came through clearly

"It cannot be done at this moment. Will you not renegotiate?" Malachi asked cold ice spreading through his veins.

"No, it has already started; Dominic's mate will now suffer."

Kiryn looked over at Syra as she dropped to her knees a cry of pain escaping from her. Kiryn had been healed and had been talking Syra when her eyes glazed over. As Kiryn watched, cuts opened over Syra's body, her blood pooling on the floor under her. Standing quickly Kiryn sniffed the air for an intruder and stopped short at a scent she knew and despised.

Rushing from the room as the healer hurried to Syra's side Kiryn followed her nose to the study where she knew everyone was. Rage boiled through her veins as she realized what was happening and for the second time in her life she embraced the very powers she once hated. The door to the study blew open as she allowed all o her energy to race through her body.

Malachi had to move quickly to avoid the oak door now lying on the floor across the room from them. He turned to see Kiryn standing there her dark hair appearing as if a strong wind was blowing, her sapphire eyes shining brightly. Her fangs were sitting heavy in her mouth and her lips were curled into a snarl. He watched as she sniffed the air again and the growl that tore from her as she faced Lucian almost froze his blood.

"You dare attack these people for such petty reasons!"

"There you are dear. I was wondering when you would grace me with your presence again."

"Darthax...you will stop hurting Syra now or I will continue where I left off and rip you limb from limb."

"You know him Kiryn?" Malachi asked

"He visited our town several times and seems to like trying to kidnap me. The last time he lost three fingers. What are your conditions this time?"

The last comment was aimed at Darthax in Lucian. Lucian's face seemed to turn thoughtful and everyone in the room could see the pain in Kiryn's face as a thought dawned on her.

"You were the one that allowed him to have that happen to me." Kiryn said softly

"What? Oh yes, you are correct, I thought that I could make you fear them all so much that you would leave on your own. However this meeting happened and well, better to show myself now then later. And as for your question, my only condition is that you allow yourself to be placed in my hands for as long as I care to have you around."

Kiryn struggled to contain her anger at the knowledge that Lucian had been forcibly taken over because of her. She was even more angered and at the same time hurt that she had thought that he would allow this to happen. But if there was one thing she was sure of, she would not allow Darthax to win.

"I have a better idea. I will meet you in front of LeSabor Castle and we will fight. If you win I will come with you and you will never again bother those under the LeSabor protection. If I win, well, you will be dead so there will be nothing to worry about." Kiryn stated calmly

There was silence for a moment as Darthax thought over the idea and finally Lucian's head inclined.

"I will take you on that offer; however Lucian LeSabor will remain under my control until I meet you in front of that castle. Be sure to be there or he will be the first to die."

Kiryn smiled suddenly, her newly found fangs gleaming brilliantly.

"I will be looking forward to this. I am pleased to be the one to destroy you."

A resounding laugh left Lucian's mouth before he collapsed to the ground just as Syra ran into the room. Dominic rushed to her while everyone but Malachi went to Lucian's side. Malachi laid a hand on Kiryn's shoulder making her look at him.

"This...you do not need to do this." Malachi said softly

"You might think not, but this has been coming for a long time. I will ensure that you and yours are safe. And do me one favor, let Lucian know that I forgive him."

Kiryn turned away to prepare for her first and most likely her last battle.