Blood Moon: Malachi's Story Ch. 03

Story Info
An unwanted visit and a decision.
1.8k words
4.68
15.1k
28
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Karry felt nervous as she stood next to Malachi at the small altar that had been placed at the head of the large marble conference room. She wasn't sure why to be honest, she knew that this was nothing more than a business marriage, yet standing next to the man beside her she simply felt anxious. Malachi was wearing some thing akin to a suit, though the leather pants he wore was a bit odd to her, yet she had to admit he looked excellent in them. She glanced once more at him shyly before returning her attention to the words that were being spoken by the man who was wedding them.

Malachi felt each glance from the woman, felt the surge of heat each time she glanced over his body with open speculation but he ruthlessly pushed aside the lust. She was his tool, nothing more could come of it. He admitted to himself that the gown draped over her thin body was alluring in a way that he hadn't expected, yet his heart still belonged to Kyrin. He glanced at Kyrin who was standing next to Lucian and tried his best to keep his brother from noticing the longing on his face. With a inward sigh Malachi returned his attention to the woman in front of him, knowing that once he had what he wanted he would discard her as he did all useless tools.

Karry fidgeted as she held her hand out as she was asked, her eyes widening a bit as the ancient dagger was sliced across her palm then Malachi's. They pressed their palms together as the magic man made minister wrapped a length of white ribbon with several colored ribbons around their wrists. There was a meaning to each color and the man spoke of them as he wrapped them around over the white, but the words didn't process in her brain, she was to startled by the feel of Malachi's warm hand. Several more nerve wrecking minutes passed and they were declared husband and wife, king and queen. Malachi leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on her lips, and she felt it all the way down to her toes.

People rose from their seats and bowed to her as Malachi lifted their bound and bleeding hands for all to see. Karry knew that color rose to her cheeks and she lowered her head to allow her hair to cover her flaming face.

"A Queen never bows her head." Malachi whispered into her ear

Her head jerked up and she shot a sideways glance at Malachi who was no longer speaking to her but carefully slipped their hands free of the binding placing them in a glass case above the twin chairs. He took her hand and led her to the room next to the conference room, the ballroom that held a long table covered in food. All waited until her and Malachi were seated before they too sat down and enjoyed the feast before they would dance.

Karry was very careful not to look to long at anyone person and was even more careful to not look at Malachi. Half way through the meal a messenger arrived announcing that the group that had been searching for her, using the simple term Hunters, had arrived and were demanding entrance into the dining hall. Malachi nodded his head as he stood,his brother moving to stand behind him while his sisters moved to stand behind her, almost as if they were protecting her.

Malachi glanced at Karry as they waited for their unwanted visitors to enter, he watched her take a deep steadying breath even as her left hand clenched into a tight fist. Her eyes flashed briefly with worry but it was quickly hidden behind a mask of arrogance and indifference and he had to admit that he was impressed. Most women he knew with a few rare exceptions would have been unable to school themselves so quickly, yet he should have expected such a thing from this woman, she was more warrior than a female in his eyes. He returned his cold gaze to the oaken double doors just as they burst inwards and several rough looking men entered.

"We are here for Karry Strayer and we demand that she be handed over." the apparent leader spoke out in a harsh tone

Malachi looked at the man and smiled darkly as he saw the man grow paler under his gaze.

"You have interrupted my wedding feast and make demands without even offering your name. I find this very rude." Malachi said his voice holding a whip of authority

The man had the curtesy to flush before he cleared his throat to begin again.

"I am David Patterson and I have come for Karry Strayer. She is a danger to all beings as she is of mixed and questionable blood lines."

Malachi nodded his head and would have spoken but Karry stepped forward her face set in a mask of determination that was at odds with the feminine wedding clothing she wore. Her eyes flashed with a bit of annoyance that Malachi had to admit looked exactly like one would expect of a queen who had been interrupted during something impotent

"You will watch your tone when you are speaking in front of my husband and family. Maybe you didn't notice or are to ignorant to see what is in front of you, but if you try and pull me from here I will rip you into shreds while they all watch."

Malachi watched as the man David swallowed with an audible sound and take a few steps back. He could understand the man's discomfort, malice had dripped from Karry's words as she spoke, her face hard and seemingly devoid of emotion. Only he and those behind them would be able to see her tightly clenched fist as she said each word, the knuckles white as she tried to control her shaking.

David collected himself and looked over at the cold and intimidating man that still remained seated at Karry's side and decided again that she would try and appeal to him.

"Please, you must hand her over to us. We aren't here to kill her, Roland Mason sent us to bring her back." David said managing to speak in a strong voice all the while cursing the doctor that had sent him on this suicide mission

Malachi raised an eyebrow in way of a question all the while watching as blood seemed to drain from Karry's face and her clenched hand shook violently under the table. Deciding that he had to find out why Mason, a man that had previously denied what he had done now wanted Karry back. Standing slowly and wrapping and arm around Karry's waist in a show of protection he stared down at the man.

"Why would Roland Mason send you here to bring Karry to him?"

"He said that he was looking over his records, her medical papers and that there was something wrong, something that made her extremely dangerous."

Malachi nodded slowly and looked over at Lucian who was glaring at the man with dark suspicion. Their eyes met and a silent agreement was made.

"You will leave now. Karry is my wife, the queen to my lands, and I will not be handing her over to you nor any one else. Go now before I have you killed for saying you lies here."

David stumbled backwards and quickly turned and left the room, his man following with him. Appealing to the powerful vampire king had done nothing, instead the icy tone had seemed to sink into his body threatening more than what the king had said. David definitely didn't want to stay around an y longer.

Malachi watched as the humans left and the door slammed behind them before looking around at his court and family, inclining his head for things to carry on as he seated himself pulling Karry with him.

Karry glanced at the man beside her through the rest of the festivities, she couldn't understand why he had defended her the way he had. He hadn't said a word to her since it had happened, hadn;t even looked at her unless he was glancing over her to someone else. It made her feel a bit weird but at least the women and Ashley were doing their best to keep her up beat during the whole affair. Finally, it was time for Malachi and her to retire and have their wedding night, something that Karry knew wouldn't happen yet in a strange way hoped it would.

As she followed Malachi down the hallways and up the stairs to his chamber she felt butterflies swirling in her stomach, their wings seemingly made of fire. As he held the door open for her, Karry lowered her head again as she moved to sit on his bed facing him as he closed the heavy wood.

"You may have the bed as I have another in the next room." Malachi said as he busied himself with pulling the clothing he would need from his closet.

"What do you mean?"

Malachi sighed as he turned to face Karry, his breath catching in his throat a bit as he was again hit with pleasure for her body build and face, the dress she wore spreading around her as she kneeled on his bed watching him. Growling to himself, he shoved away the thoughts and turned away from her.

"I believe we have went over this already. This marriage is not about love or desire, it is about you getting what you want and me getting the same. There is no need for us to share a bed for us to both meet our ends of the bargain."

Karry felt the words slice through her in a way that she wouldn't let show. She may not have been a virgin, but his words reminded her of something similar that had been said to her during her teen years. She watched Malachi's back as he grabbed the last he needed and walked into the joined room closing the door behind him. The soft click of a lock made anger rise within her and she made a promise to herself.

She would win Malachi, she would make him see her as a capable woman, someone that was worthy to be at his side for more than a simply agreement. She didn't know why she felt this way or why she even wanted to make him notice her, but the thoughts were now in her head and they would not be shaken out.

As Karry drifted off the sleep, to wrapped up in her thoughts to bother changing, her plans began to form, and finally as they dark restful peace took over her a smile crossed her lips.