Bonded and Bred Ch. 01-02

Story Info
A shape shifter story.
4.4k words
4.62
195.7k
143

Part 1 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/19/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,030 Followers

Authors note: It's a story that I have almost finished writing so hope to post on a regular basis if it is liked. Thank you for reading me x

*****

Bonded and Bred

Prologue

It was more than two hundred years ago, when the first of their race had come to earth, not quite a hundred, dying people.

They had been able to enter the earth's atmosphere without being seen, and had landed on a deserted island, miles away from any humans.

They had destroyed all evidence of their space crafts, and most of their superior technology. And they had managed to integrate themselves into the dominant population - man.

They were bipeds in their natural form, and due to their planets similarities and there evolution being along the same genetic lines, they looked almost identical to the humans, with only a little of their colouring being strikingly different.

They knew that if they were to survive, then they would have to mate with the indigenous people, that less than a hundred was not enough to guarantee the survival of their race. They needed to breed with the humans in order to strengthen their gene pool.

It had been difficult for them for the first few decades or so. All they could think of was their home. Their world had been lost to the ravages of their sun; the massive solar flare that had burnt half of the system and half of their planet, in just a few hours.

The survivors had been lucky enough to be on the dark side of the planet, when the flare had hit.

It had destroyed too much though, and the sun's stability was growing even more erratic, signalling that it was coming to the end of its life.

The people knew that it was time to leave - or die.

And even then not everyone could go, or even wished to go.

The older generation did not choose to outlive their home world, and so remained behind.

Twenty five years after arriving on earth, a single message had been intercepted.

'By the time that this message finds you, we shall be no more. Your birth world will be ashes from the final burn of the sun which is by now gone as well. Live long, live well, and remember us - remember where you came from.'

The sky was a little darker now, with the absence of that once bright star, and so they knew that the message was true.

The people not from earth mourned its passing, but then they looked to the future with a new determination, since there was now absolutely no way to go back.

They could not go back to their home world, and so they made their home on this new world, but when the moon was full, then their ancestors called out to them, to remind them of where they had come from, and if they succumbed to the call, then the change would occur.

They would become creatures of the night, wolves and hounds and even creatures of the feathered kind. Their spirits would soar as they would remember what they once had been.

They had stayed with their own kind at first, but as they let go of the past, and embraced their new life, then the people of earth seemed to gravitate toward them, to find their kind attractive, they were strong in build and handsome or beautiful to see, and almost irresistible. Slowly and gradually the races mixed.

In order for the mating to succeed however, it was necessary for the changeling to make certain adjustments to the human, which involved infecting them and making them a 'turned changeling'.

The changeling gene was strong, it was stronger - more dominant than the human genes, but the two races could breed, and so they did.

Their groups were spread far and wide, and after two centuries or more, the mixing was enough now for them to be able to breed with other changelings - with their own kind if they chose to.

There was also the concern for the humans of this world; it would have been so easy to wipe them out altogether - to breed them out of existence.

And since most changelings did prefer to stick with their own kind, then they were content to exist alongside the humans, but slightly apart, and secret.

Except for Greg Beaumont, who came from a long line of first generation changelings. He fell in love with a human woman, and she with him - even after he had told her what he was, she still loved him, and consented to joining his race by way of infection.

He had infected her with his bite and his blood, and she had joked that she would become a vampire.

He had loved her even more for that, for her humour and her ready acceptance of who and what he was.

The two of them lived a happy life and she gifted him with two second generation daughters - Iris and Laurie.

Beautiful and spirited, they were changelings, in an all too human way.

But much to Greg's anguish his much loved Belle became sick with a nasty virus, and after a tragically short illness, she died, leaving him to raise his still young daughters, on his own.

He was so heartbroken that he could not forget his beloved, and he would not let his little girls forget where they had come from - who their mother had been, and so he allowed the changeling side of their nature to slide a little. He would not force them to submit to the pain of the change, even though they would have to endure it on occasion, he did not force the issue, and so his daughters grew up to be more human than changeling...

**********************

Chapter One

**********************

Iris walked into the office on the Monday morning - determined to make a good impression on this her first day at her new job, with Atherton's Architectural Services.

She had attended the interview for personal assistant just over a week ago, and her predecessor, had been the one to conduct the interview.

"Mr Atherton is away on business at the moment," that lady - Cynthia had smiled. "And since I know exactly what his needs are in his personal assistant, then he trusted me to find my replacement."

As Iris sat down she studied the other woman discretely, and compared herself to her.

They were both of a similar height at about five feet and a bit.

They both had a similar hair colouring and style, although Iris's slightly thicker and a slightly richer auburn was striking, even if it was only marginal.

Cynthia had warm brown eyes, whereas Iris's were a clear green, but she decided that that couldn't be held against her.

"I see that your shorthand and typing speed is very impressive," Cynthia murmured as she studied Iris's curriculum vitae.

She glanced across at her. "Why did you leave your last employment - again?" she asked casually.

Iris tugged her fitted black skirt over her knees.

"I was just ready for a change - I think," she murmured guardedly.

"Well you do have an excellent reference from Mr Godford; he seemed very regretful that you were leaving."

Iris smiled for the first time, and her green eyes softened as she thought of her ex boss.

"Mr Godford is a very good man, and he was a very considerate employer," she said softly.

Cynthia's gaze fixed on her for a moment longer. When Iris smiled like that - her whole face lit up, and she seemed to come alive for a moment.

She was not sure if Mr Atherton would appreciate that sort of distraction in his new PA.

She gave herself a mental shake, this young woman was the closest thing to a competent replacement that she had come across in the short time that she'd had to find someone.

She simply had to leave a week on Friday and she could only do that in good conscience, if there was someone suitable waiting to take over on the Monday.

She finished reading the curriculum vitae and then the reference, before looking back at Iris. "Well, Miss Beaumont, everything seems to be in order here, so why don't I tell you a little bit more about the job?"

Iris smiled a smile of relief that she seemed to be doing okay with this interview, it had been a little bit sticky there for a moment - over her reasons for leaving her last job.

Iris was so not comfortable about what had happened there; felt that it had somehow been her fault.

Mr Pranning must have gotten the wrong impression, she must have unknowingly given him the idea that she was flirting with him, that she would have welcomed - those kinds of attentions from him...

"Thank you, that would be - useful," she said to the other woman now.

The job in itself was fairly straightforward, and most certainly well within Iris's capabilities, and so having spent the rest of the day shadowing Cynthia and then taking over the role, whilst the other woman observed, she was not terribly surprised when at the end of the day Cynthia smiled at her in a pleased sort of fashion.

"Well that all went down very well," Cynthia declared happily. "And I have to say, Iris; that I think that you will fit in admirably with Mr Atherton's needs."

Iris sucked in a breath. "Does that mean...?" she whispered hesitantly.

Cynthia's smile widened into a full on grin. "Yep! The job is yours... if you still want it?"

Iris blinked those fabulous green eyes of hers, and her whole body just radiated pleasure.

Once again Cynthia had a moment of doubt.

"Yes... oh yes please!" Iris said happily.

Cynthia gave a little sigh of relief and she determinedly dismissed her nagging doubts.

No one else had even come close to the high standards that Mr Atherton demanded of his Personal Assistant.

"Excellent!" she declared now. "I will arrange for Mr Atherton to send you an official letter of employment, and then you should be good to start the Monday after this one - we tend to open up shop at nine in the morning," Iris opened her mouth as though to argue, and Cynthia held up her hand to indicate she had not finished talking yet. "Without me to overshadow you," she finished firmly

"What? Oh but..."

Cynthia eyed her encouragingly. "I am to finish a week this Friday... and really it is better if we don't overlap,"

"But..."

"You know what the job entails, you know everything that needs to be done; so you start first thing next Monday, and sort out things to your liking, find your own way of doing things!"

*

Iris decided to go home the next day - rather than waiting until the weekend, as she had originally planned. She was eager to see her family and most especially her younger sister Laurie, who was about to move to the big city to start her own career.

"Congratulations, on the new job," Laurie smiled now and her pretty face lit up. They were of a similar height, and their features were alike. But Laurie was a tiny bit smaller and slender to Iris's curves. Iris's eyes were that fabulous green, where Laurie had pale blue eyes, that on occasion could change to a deep mysterious blue; but only very rarely.

Laurie had golden blond hair whereas Iris had that deep rich auburn.

But to look at them, there was something about them that told they were sisters.

"Thanks love, but I still need the letter of confirmation,"

"Oh that will come soon enough; they would be fools to reject you!" Laurie reassured her.

"Thanks again... and good luck for yours as well... have you found somewhere to live yet?"

Laurie laughed. "Yes, oh yes I've found the most perfect place... it's a top floor penthouse!"

Iris laughed as well. "Don't tell me; Aunt Trudy?"

"Yep... she said it had been empty for way too long, and that the neighbour had begged her to find someone - 'suitable', was how she put it."

"Well what the hell does that mean?"

Laurie shrugged. "I think he's some hot shot business man, and he wants someone next door who won't disturb him."

Well that was Laurie, quiet unassuming little Laurie couldn't disturb a mouse!

"And when do you move in... when do you start work?"

Laurie laughed again. "I move in a week on Monday - the same day as you start your new job," she grinned engagingly. "And I start work a week after that. So I shall have plenty of time to settle in, and get my bearings and so on."

"Do you need a hand with anything - I mean I can't come until after I finish work, but anything you need and I'm there for you."

Laurie patted her hand. "Thanks, but dad is driving me down - with my clothes and laptop and things, and the place is already furnished... but you could come over for dinner, and I'll give you the grand tour."

Iris smiled at her baby sister - all grown up now and ready to step out into the big wide world.

Her eyes welled up suddenly.

"What?" Laurie frowned in concern.

"Oh nothing, I was just thinking... how proud mum would have been!"

Laurie's bottom lip quivered and a tear dropped from her own eye.

"Of both us," she whispered.

*

Iris received a letter in the post three days later confirming that Mr Atherton had agreed to her hiring and that her employment was to begin - today.

She had never met Mr Atherton, and could only hope that he was another good man, certainly Cynthia seemed to have enjoyed working for him, and was only actually leaving, because she had recently married, and her new husband had secured a good job in a different city -and Cynthia had wanted to move at the same time as him - hence the urgency of Iris's employment.

She dressed in her good smart suit, and headed off for work with time to spare.

She walked into the office at ten minutes before nine o'clock in the morning, to find the offices already open, and the lights all on.

The door to Mr Atherton's private office stood slightly ajar, and she could see the shadow of someone in there.

Iris slipped out of her raincoat, which she hung on the coat hook in the corner.

She tugged her little black skirt straight, and patted at her hair, a rather pointless thing to do, since she had combed it flat and sleek into a French plait, it dimmed the colour of her hair - marginally, and most certainly hid the thick volume of soft curls.

She picked up the notebook and pen, which had Cynthia's competent scrawl in it, and then taking a quick calming breath; she knocked lightly on the door, and walked into the room.

The man sitting at the desk was busy thumping keys on his keyboard.

"I'll be right with you," he grunted as he continued with his task, with just a quick flick of his eyes, in her general direction. "Take a seat, why don't you?"

Iris told herself to keep breathing, calm measured breaths, no panting, no ogling, and absolutely no drooling over this... this... fine specimen of a man!

**********************

Chapter two

**********************

"Now then, Miss Beaumont," he stopped what he was doing suddenly and fixed a pair of warm brown eyes on her.

Iris shivered and her lips parted on a soft pant.

His nostrils flared as he caught her scent again, but he continued talking as though nothing else had occurred.

"I'm sure that Cynthia has told you everything that you need to know about my needs, but..."

He rambled on for a few minutes, and Iris listened to his droning with half an ear.

"And if you could arrange...!" he didn't even change his tone and so she almost missed it.

But Iris had worked for the dearest of men, who had had a tendency to do just this.

Give instructions interspersed with lots of meaningless monologues.

It was almost automatic when she picked up her pen and began scribbling quickly, as a sense of the familiar passed over her.

He sat watching her down bent head, as he continued reeling off instructions, in that same dull tone.

She was far too attractive. Too vibrant, too sexy!

His body had begun responding to her at the first hint of her perfume, when she had entered the office. And then he had seen her for the first time...

Just a quick glance but it had been enough to cause his heartbeat to jolt.

He now understood why Cynthia had been so adamant that she left before her replacement came in.

"She'll be better off if I'm not around telling her how I would do things," she had shrugged with a slightly guarded smile.

James Atherton, had shrugged his own shoulders almost indifferently. "Whatever you think best," he said, before moving on to the work for the day, Cynthia's last day with him.

He was not an unkind man, nor an unkind boss, but he was a very busy man.

"I'm sorry that I didn't have time to buy you a leaving present," he had said awkwardly as she prepared to leave him for the last time. "But here is a little something for you, to show my appreciation of everything you have done over the past five years."

He held out a pale pink envelope, and Cynthia took it with a look of pleasure.

"Thank you," she said as she tore it open.

The card, was a fairly standard, 'sorry you are leaving us', sort of thing, but as she opened it up to read his message, a slip of paper slid out and fluttered to the floor.

She ignored it for the moment, as she realised what it probably was, and read his message instead.

She gave a little watery smile. "Oh it is always so nice to know that you were valued!" she grinned across at him.

James gave a little half smile, "You were valued... very much!"

She bent to pick up the cheque, and looked at it quickly, then froze in shock.

"Oh but that is just too much!" she protested as she looked at the three zeroes. "You've already paid me my wages and holiday pay and everything!"

"That was separate. This is from me to you, and I don't think it's too much. You have just got married, and you are off to heaven only knows where - to make a new life and a new home, I hope that this will help you with that; even if only a little."

"But three thousand pounds!"

James just shrugged again. "I can afford it," he dismissed.

She had looked for a moment like she wanted to say something, but then she simply shook her head.

"Oh well," she sighed. "I just wanted to say, thank you to you too, for being such a considerate boss."

He smiled as he walked around the desk and impulsively bent to kiss her, on her cheek.

"Let's just hope that your replacement agrees with that sentiment," he said a little ruefully.

Cynthia bit her lip as she pictured Iris in her mind.

"Oh well," she sighed again.

She left her work place for the last time, leaving it in good order for when Iris took over on Monday.

Mr Atherton would either adjust to her - or not, was her final thought!

*

Mr Atherton was in actual fact struggling very much to adjust to her.

This was her second day with him, and she had spent an hour in his office this morning, being every inch the perfect assistant.

She was clever and quick, and very conscientious, and was able to anticipate his needs very accurately - it was almost frightening how well she could anticipate him - after such a short acquaintance.

He had thought that Cynthia had been good at reading his needs, but it seemed that Iris was at least a half a second faster.

He reeled of his instructions as he mulled over his day, and she knew exactly which bits to note down, and which she could ignore.

And she used his musing time to get her breath, ensure her pencil was just so, and quickly scan what she had written.

And then she was all ready to continue scribbling, even as he switched back to 'get this done,' and 'arrange that'.

She was in the outer office now, having just placed a hot cup of coffee on his desk, and her perfume still lingered.

He inhaled appreciatively, before scowling and reaching for the cup, breathing in that fragrant aroma, so as to mask her scent.

He could hear her on the telephone as she arranged for his car to be picked up from the garage below this building.

"Yes," he heard her say. "It wants a complete service and valet, and must be back by this afternoon... thank you, ten o'clock pick up, I'll make sure that the caretaker meets you with the spare key... yes two thirty return would be perfect."

He sighed as he sipped his coffee. He would need his car at the weekend for his trip down to the estate, it was that time again, and he needed to break free for a while... he scowled as he remembered something. He could not go back to the estate this weekend, because he had promised to meet with another clan, to discuss a possible alliance.

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,030 Followers
12