Bookworm Ch. 01

Story Info
A young man makes ends meet in a small book store.
1.4k words
3.97
41.6k
41

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/22/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is meant to be a slow build type of story. Regardless, any feedback is appreciated.

*****

I breathed a heavy sigh. Today was my first day of my new job at Holster's Book store, a tiny hole in the wall shop. I was unemployed and straight out of college. Apparently, nobody needed a communications expert, so I needed to make this work. The pay was going to be good enough to live comfortably on my own, so that was good, as long as I was happy with a studio (note: I wasn't). I figured I'd have to rough it out for a bit until I can find something more substantial.

My name is Mitch. I'm twenty two years old, but I look much younger. I'm super short for a dude, only 5"4', and skinny as a rail, weighing 130 pounds soaking wet. Most of the chicks I've dated were taller than me with heels. I have brown hair that is just a tad too long at the moment (I'll cut it when I get my first pay check), and I'm not too pale for a white boy.

For the foreseeable future, I would be covering the late shift at Holster's. I have always been one to maintain a positive attitude, and that wasn't about to change here. I held my head up high, made sure my shirt was tucked in, and walked in confidently.

Abigail, the woman who interviewed me, was waiting inside. She was a slightly older woman, maybe in her mid to late 40s. She was very nice and soft spoken. Her big smile was as genuine as a child's, and she welcomed me graciously. She was super thrilled to have another person helping out. There was a rather cramped counter that appeared to be kept fairly clean. Behind the counter, there was a door that led to what appeared to be a breakroom. In front were rows and rows of books. Everything seemed tidy in here, with a few books strewn about, and some coffee tables and chairs here and there to give people places to study. There was no coffee here, although there was a coffee shop next door. I guess it made sense.

"Are you ready to get started, Mitch?" she asked, offering me some water.

"Absolutely, teach me everything, I can't wait to start helping," I replied, trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible. I didn't want to come off as ungrateful. She was so nice, and this place obviously meant so much to her. I was going to give this 110%.

"Wonderful," she said. "I actually have to get going, Brenda will be teaching you. She's in the breakroom right now, but she's been here for a year now, so she pretty much knows everything. You two will be covering the night shift." She led me behind the counter, where she began gathering her purse and a few other bags. "She should be coming out about now, Brenda! Brenda, Mitch is here! Your trainee is here!"

Out of the breakroom door came a huge girl, and when I say huge, I mean huge. She had to be around 5'10, and at least 300 pounds. She had long, curly light brown hair, and a somewhat cute face with a button nose. I'm not a pervert, but it was impossible not to notice that a lot of her weight had to be carried in her breasts and butt. She was wearing a one piece blouse, teal and red in color, that showed off more than a few women's share of cleavage. Despite being so large, she had a clear hourglass figure that expanded at her waist. While I couldn't really see her thighs, it was clear they were truly massive. While this description seems crude, it is important to note that she was actually a cute girl, just very obese. She had the sweetest smile plastered on her face.

"I'm Brenda!" she said, extending her beefy hand towards me.

"Mitch, pleasure to meet you." I took her hand, or should I say she took mine, and shook it hard. Her cleavage jiggled as she did it, again, impossible to miss. She, like Abigail, looked super sweet and genuine. These people were so warm; this might not be too bad after all.

"Well, it sounds like you guys can handle this. I'll be on my way. Brenda, call me if you need anything ok?" said Abigail as she opened the door to leave.

"Sure thing Abby, have a good night!"

"Buh bye!" she said, the door closed behind her.

Brenda smiled at me. "So, the first thing I'll be teaching you is how to work the cash register. It's super easy." She paused. "You've used a computer before, right?"

I nodded.

"Perfect. That's really all you need. Honestly, this job is super easy. The hardest part is not being bored." She laughed. "Maybe now that there are two of us, we won't be so bored." She paused for a bit. "Ok, let's get started. Hop on the computer."

I moved to the computer, an older Dell model.

"Click on the IPNS POS icon."

I looked around for it, but couldn't find it. I was probably taking too long, because she stepped in after some time. "It's at the top left, green and blue."

"Oh there it is," I chuckled. I clicked it and it opened up after a few seconds. "Ok, what's next?"

"It's a bit too cramped back here, is it ok if I guide you from behind?"

"Go for it," I said.

"Thanks, that's gonna make this a lot easier." She shuffled behind me, and it pushed me forward a bit. I didn't mention it. She used her right hand to cover mine, and I was shocked to find that it completely eclipsed it. She was now guiding my mouse. Her hand was very warm. Part of her tutorial involved typing on the keyboard, so she moved both of her arms inwards to type. When she did this, she had to lean forward a bit, and I could feel her massive breasts against the back of my head. She held this position for a few minutes. Feeling a girl's flesh on mine, regardless of whose flesh it belonged to, was a bit of a turn on for me, especially considering I hadn't been with a girl in over a year. I'm a bit ashamed to say it, but I could feel my dick getting hard. The more I felt her breasts pressing into the back of my head and my neck, the more I started twitching down there. During all of this, I noticed that her ring finger had, you guessed it, a ring on it.

After I performed the necessary action a few times, I turned to her and asked "So are you married?"

"Engaged," she said. Her eyes didn't light up the same way other girls' do when they say that. I wondered what the deal was, but I didn't know her well enough to say anything.

"Congratulations!" I blurted out. "When's the big day?"

"Umm... I'm not so sure. It's a long story."

"Oh, well I'm sure it'll all work itself out," I said, now feeling more awkward than before. We were pretty quiet for the rest of the night. She didn't make it weird or anything; in fact, she was back to her bubbly self in minutes, and we had a really fun time. The shop was really slow, which she said was normal for a week day. She said it's usually busier on the weekends, but we wouldn't be working them so it was always going to be fairly boring. She said that tomorrow she would be showing me how to work the floor, restocking the books and cleaning up the tables. It all seemed really simple, so I was sure there would be plenty of downtime.

When we were all done with the night, she and I waited outside. Her fiancé picked her up at night, and she usually had to wait inside, but it made it a lot easier to have someone wait outside with her. We made brief small talk while sitting on a bench, and it became very obvious how much larger she was than me. Not that I cared, but I was pretty sure each breast was bigger than my head. She actually held it all together quite well for a girl of her size. I could only imagine what it was like having sex with her-

"Well, that's my ride. Thanks for waiting with me!" She walked off to the car, got in, and waved to me from inside. I waved back. Her husband was a bigger guy, probably over 6 foot. Made sense. Big guy for a big girl. I walked to my car and drove home. It was a pretty good first day.