Born Into Darkness Ch. 14

Story Info
Enough.
8.2k words
4.73
8.9k
17

Part 14 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/16/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He didn't know why Sophie liked doing things the old fashion way, they have powers. He'll never understand his mate in wanting to be 'normal'. Did she think he was a freak? Well... she was in bed.

Carrying about a ton of grocery bags, Dean shuffled into the house then suddenly froze when he saw a very amused Kell, Roxana, Ajax, Kanati, Rain, Ask with his very pregnant wife Gina sitting next to each other while, Ask bounced their drooling baby on his lap, last but not least a very annoyed Neith, who was filing her nails with her legs crossed.

As of right now she had to be the only person, who can pull off sitting on a bean bag and still look flawless.

They all stared at him.

Ask was the first to speak. "Why the hell are you hauling groceries?"

Gina slapped Ask upside the head. "Be nice.

Their baby laughed at Gina's action and so did Dean. It wasn't every day he was able to see the all mighty Ask being pushed around by a woman as small as Gina.

Ask was a fun man to have around... that's if you wanted to go on missions that would kill anyone. The gang would do the craziest shit, when they got together. For example, one of Poseidon's fucked up one eyed fuckers, somehow made its way into the Underworld and wrecked Persephone's garden. Ask somehow accomplished convincing them to go to the island and mess with their cattle, but Poseidon found out about it and next thing they knew they were on a boat that had seen better days and came face to face with Scylla.

That bitch was angry. But the again who wouldn't when you had to look like that every day?

"Dean, move that sweet ass to the kitchen I have to cook before everyone gets here." Sophie grunted as she hulled bags that were triple her weight; she unlocked some of her powers making it easier for her to carry them. Dean was right in having her use her powers instead; she would've been in the kitchen half way done with cooking.

But her mother always said the more you sweat and love you put towards your food the better it comes out.

Slowing making her way to her now smirking mate, Sophie looked over to her right and saw new people who were now smirking at her.

Her face suddenly felt hot and had the sudden feeling of wanting to dig a hole and hide there forever from embarrassment. But, where was the fun in that? Might as well make the most of it since she was bound to embarrass herself anyways.

"Hi, everyone, I'm Sophie." She said smiling at each and every one of them. A very tall and tan man busted out laughing slapping his knee. He looked scary at first, but as soon as he began laughing the feeling slowly began to disappear, that was until he got up.

"Whoa... nice big scary man, I come baring food." She said.

He made his way to her way, causing her to squeak in fear and ran to hide behind Dean, who growled at the giant man. He was huge, equivalent in height when compared to Dean and was buff like him too. The man possessed small scars on his face, but didn't mare his beauty, like his unique eyes that looked like honey.

Dean dropped the bags on the floor and wrapped his arms around his small mate. "Back off Kanati she's mine."

The native was a charmer when it came to women, he would lure them in with his charms and war stories and scars, he'd have wrapped around his finger before the story would be even over.

The god put his hands up in surrender. "Chill Ky, I was only going to ask if she needed help with the groceries, I'm a gentleman, unlike the savages behind me."

His mate moved out of his arms and smiled up at the god, making him growl and pulling her back in his arms. Only he can make Sophie smile like that, not anyone else. Mine.

Sophie slapped Dean's arms away from her body; then turned with a finger poking at his chest. "Comportate, Kanati es inofensivo." [Behave, Kanati is harmless] she poked him a couple times and reached down to pick up the bags and headed into the kitchen, leaving Dean behind.

One things for sure, Sophie always kept him on his toes. Shaking his head he picked up what Kanati left behind for him, not before looking over to Ask and Kell telling them to bring the rest of the stuff out of the car.

"Hey Dean, do you know what Sophie said just now?" Kanati asked as he set down the bags.

Dean chuckles. "Dude I'm winging it, I mean I know a handful of words and Sophie has this thing about using our powers unless we really need to, so I can't use them to translate what she says."

It was true; immortals know every single language known to man, unless they use their powers.

"Stop talking Dean and being the rest of the stuff inside the house." Sophie said she as began putting the groceries. It was something to keep her mind off the whole possible pregnancy thing. She really has to talk to Roxana about this, she couldn't wait a week.

If she was pregnant, what would Dean say? Would he be happy? But then again he did say he wanted to start a family. But they weren't even married!

Groaning in frustration she slammed the cupboard door close.

"Whoa, did we come at a bad time?" spoke a very pregnant woman, with light brown hair holding a bowl or strawberries.

Sophie blushed. "I'm sorry; I just don't know what to think anymore. Things are happening too quickly and now we're going to war. I have a mate. And the list goes on." Jogging to the entryway of the kitchen, she poked her head out and saw that the coast was clear.

She motioned for the women to take a seat. The three of them do and all stare at Sophie intently making her squirm. If she was going to do this, she might as well do it right.

Shuffling through the kitchen she handed each an item and a job to do if they were going to stay.

Clasping her hands together she sighed. "Before I begin my monologue I would love to know you guy's names. I'm Sophie, if you didn't hear me before."

The young pregnant woman speaks first, but before she was given the chance to, a small boy who possessed jet black hair, but her greenish brown ones came waddling into the kitchen. The woman smiles slowly stood up and pressed the boy against her leg.

"Well this is my son Junior, and I'm Gina and as you can tell I'm very pregnant and the rude tall dark haired man with the grease stained jeans is my husband Ask." She said running her hands through Junior's short hair.

The next to speak was a woman, who flickered in front of Sophie, like a little firefly. She was beautiful, short brown hair with highlights, peach colored skin as is kissed by the sun, and an infectious smile. She rushed over to Sophie and hugged her tightly.

"I'm Arainrhood, just call me Rain. I'm so glad you're Kyros' mate, because I hated Eris. She's a bitch and her hair always looked dry and dull, ugh like who likes red heads away ways. But that's not ever her real hair color! Did you know that? It's really blonde, typical." Rain said pouting as she went walked behind Sophie to go start chopping vegetables, like she was asked to do.

"Here, here I definitely agree to that. I'm Neith, Egyptian goddess. Welcome to the family sis. We're going to have fun and get into a lot of trouble, you and me." Said Nieth who kissed Sophie's cheek then went to the cupboards, looking for pots and pans.

Sophie looked at Nieth. She didn't look Egyptians she looked Spanish, with perfect tan skin, long brown flowing hair and high cheekbones, what mostly confused Sophie was her accent it sounded more Spanish then Egyptian.

Not that she knew what Egyptian people sound like.

"Uhm, Nieth. Why is your accent Spanish?" Sophie said as she brought out the meat so it would thaw in time to cook.

Nieth smiled. "I am a wanna be Puerto Rican women. If I can play the part, I can fool anyone."

Sophie laughed when Neith placed her hands on her hips and waved the wooden spoon like any typical Latina woman. "You sure got me."

"Ok so why do you look all... como se dice [how do you say] flustered?" Neith spoke still waving the spoon in her hand.

It took a lot of will power for Sophie not to laugh. "Do immortals get their periods?"

All the women groan and nod yes.

Rain was the first to speak this time. "I actually finished mine this morning. Why?"

Sophie scrunched her face and blurted out the words. "I think I may be pregnant." It felt so good to have women around her again, it was nice having Dean to talk to and Roxana, but she's busy with Ajax and Dean is a guy who laughs at the word duty.

The room grows silent, and the next thing she knew, Sophie was being shoved out the kitchen and through the front door with the three women chatting away.

***

Dean and Kanati walked back into the living room. Both Kell and Ask were nowhere to be found. He heard Munchy bark, and it sounded like it was coming from the garage.

Opening the door of the garage he found both men putting his Harley back together. It was a nice gesture considering he didn't have time to get to that since Sophie is now in the picture, not that he minded that.

Sitting down on the steps he sighed and slouching his shoulders. He was going to have to leave Sophie here now, to go and fetch Heimdall the Nordic god who lives off adrenaline, unlike Ask who was a much calmer, Hame was a fucking psycho, and had really bad anger issues, but was a loyal friend. He was currently hiding from the outside world in some ice cube he called a home with his horse.

"Women trouble?" Ask spoke as he tightened a bolt on the back tire of the motorcycle.

Dean humorlessly. "Yes, I don't want to leave Sophie alone."

All the men chuckled and have him pitied looks.

"Yeah... it's always hard the first time, especially when their pregnant. I remember when Gina told me about Junior I was so over protective I wouldn't let her pee by herself if I wasn't there holding the roll of toilet paper thinking she'll get a paper cut and bleed to death or flush the toilet thinking she'll be sucked in. And don't get me started with Junior, I had that kid in my arms and would not put him down." Ask said proudly, puffing out his chest.

Kanati laughed and threw a Cheetos at his friend's chest. "Whipped!"

Dean felt a little better, knowing he wasn't the only one, who was over protective about their mate.

What if something bad happened to Sophie and he wasn't there to protect her? He still had that bad feeling in his chest, like something bad was going to happen.

Suddenly all the women bust through the door; he felt Sophie's soft hands run through his hair and her soft lips raining kisses all over his face, and in a minute span of time they were all gone and out in his Chevy down the road.

"What the fuck was that?" Kanati was the first to speak.

Ask patted his pockets and groaned. "I've been groped, seduced and I just might go bankrupt. Gina took my wallet."

All the men inhaled sharply and stood up to check their pockets all came back empty as well.

"Man, I didn't even feel her hands go in there. All I saw were boobs, man these women are something else." Kanati said. "Rain even took the Cheetos."

Kell laughed. "I knew that was coming, Sophie took my flask, I still have my money. I'm richer than all you mother fuckers." He said waving his wallet.

Dean rolled his eyes at his idiot friend. He looked over at the sulking Native God and smirked. "So you and Rain... huh?"

Kanati went rim rod straight than smirked. "I'm not going to deny it; unlike you men I actually can admit that I like her." He said brushing off his shoulders as if he were a gangster.

Ask scoffed. "Yeah ok, I bet you my Savage Rivale, if you go up to Rain and kiss her on the lips and she has to kiss you back."

Kanati's jaw dropped. "That's... you're on." He said as he spit in his hand and Ask copied his actions and shook hands.

As soon and Kanati released the god's hand a wave or fear and doubt washed over him. Rain was a friend and now that he saw her, she was a woman of beauty and grace... her laugh made him smile and want to hold her lithe figure in his arms and kiss her senseless. She was going to be his by the end of this powwow.

"What? The savage is like your other baby? Why would you give it to him?" Kell said outraged.

Ask shot his hand out and shot a strong gust of wind at Kell who deflected it and blew a kiss at Ask who growled.

"I love you too pumpkin slice." Kell said as he got up and began walking around the garage inspecting Dean's toys and goodies.

Dean growled. "Don't break anything bozo."

Kell gasped dramatically and batted his eyelashes at him like a blushing school girl. "Why that was so nice of you to think of my safety. I love you too angel face."

"Asswipe." Dean said under his breath.

***

The girls pushed Sophie out of the car and into the drug store running to the feminine health aisle.

They grabbed every kind of test and as they were about to stand in line, they all froze passing the snack aisle.

Sophie snatched a five pound bag of gummy worms and bears along with mini powdered doughnuts and a king sized Twix bar.

The girls giggled and followed her lead grabbing sweets and ice cream. Finally heading to the cashier; a young man who looked about nineteen gasped when he saw all the things they placed on the counter.

Exiting the store Sophie began to drink a two liter water bottle as they headed to the car. She was excited and nervous at the same; she only hopes that Dean feels the same way when she tells him.

Feeling a hand on her leg, looking up she saw Rain smiling at her. Sophie took her hand a squeezed it.

Looking around she smiled at her new friends. She loved that she now has people in her life; her new family, it was bigger and so full of love it was over whelming Sophie started to tear up and sniffle.

The girls looked at her in concern.

Gina spoke up. "Hey sis, are you ok?"

Sophie nods afraid to speak.

"Liar." Neith said as she applied more lip stick to her plump lips, making them look pouty.

Sophie gulps, gaining the courage to speak. "I've never really had a family. My parents died very young and I was an orphan, I've always wanted to know how it felt like to have a family and now I do thanks to you guys."

All the girls began to tear up and Rain sobbed into Sophie's shoulder while hugging a bag of potato chips.

The car ride was quiet, as soon as they reached the house the car was parked and the doors were yanked open and all the women began crying and clung to their men. Neith was quiet and frowned, not saying a word.

Every man's head flicked in her direction and she shook her head and walked inside holding Junior in her arms. Since his mother was busy crying. Looking out at the boy she smiles and kisses the top of his small head.

"Are you hungry?" She asked Junior. He looked up at her with his mother's eyes and smiled. "I'll take that as a yes."

Junior reminded her of her son. He was beautiful; if she closed her eyes she can still hear the pitter patter of her baby boy's feet as he ran into her arms to give her smiley kisses.

A tear escaped the corner of her eyes. Her son was no more; she made a vow to never talk about him. He wouldn't want her crying over him.

Looking down at the child once more she smiled. "You know I had a son too you know, he was so handsome like you. He was taken from me when he was about your age; I was told he's alive, but was warned that if I get close to him... well let's not talk about that. But I how I wish I could feel his arms around me one more time and to just fine him a kiss on the forehead. I miss my baby boy."

Junior laughs and claps his small hands together.

***

Clinging to whomever it was, he now had a wet spot on his shirt. Rain sniffled and looked up and saw Kanati looking down at her whispering to her in his native tongue. It was beautiful and soothing.

"I-I'm sorry Ka-" Her word were suddenly cut off by Kanati's warm lips pressing against hers. They were so soft and tasted like minty. Electricity spread throughout her whole body and next thing she knew, her legs were wrapped around Kanati's waist and her lips began moving with his. She slipped her tongue into his mouth and he jerked at the sudden action making her I laugh.

Rain has been waiting for centuries for Kanati to have the balls to kiss her. He was just so perfect, and manly... freaking rugged and sexy. She would totally ride him, that's if he was willing to show her.

She never really had a man like her, let alone kiss her like Kanati was doing right now. He was making her thighs tremble and press against each other, she never felt like this before. Was this what women felt when kissing a man?

She cursed herself from being so inexperienced.

Rain would have continued, if it weren't for the sudden boom of hollering and cheers from the gang. Slowly climbing down from Kanati's body she blushed and collected the bags from the car and flickered into the house.

"Well I'll be damned..." Ask said holding his wife in front of him as he rubbed her round belly.

Kanati deviously grinned and held his hand out for the car keys to the Savage.

Ask begrudgingly shoved his hand into his pocket and removed the keys from his keychain and slapped them into Kanati's hand walked away with his wife who was consoling him.

"What was that all about?" Sophie asked innocently as she pulled the last and only bag from the car making sure it was behind her back and out of Dean's sight.

Kanati laughed and jingled the keys of his new car in front of Sophie's face. "I won a bet with Ask, I had to kiss Rain and she had to kiss me back. But it was a good bet because I have to admit I really like her." He said as he walked back into the house leaving Dean and Sophie alone.

Her mate squinted his eyes and tried looking behind her back. Sophie giggled and shimmered into the bathroom, she really had to pee.

"Sophie!" Dean yelled as she marched into the house.

***

Locking the door Sophie pulled out the first five and set them side by side and did her business hoping Dean doesn't flash in the bathroom. But she knew he wouldn't because she would be livid at the fact that he didn't respect her personal space.

Any woman would.

The bagging of the door made her jump making her accidently pee on her hand. Gross.

"Dean please I'm using the bathroom, I'll be out in a second." Sophie said she flushed, then capped and placed the test on the sink beside her to wash her hands.

As soon as she got out she was grabbed roughly by the hair. It was definitely not Dean, it was a slimy man whose tongue slithered out, licking the right side of her face.

Squeaking out in disgust, trying not to gag at the rotten egg smell, Sophie kicked her legs out attempting to hit the slimy creature, only making it angry.

"D-Dean." Sophie called out, but could hardly be classified as a whisper. Suddenly she remembered that she has powers.

Closing her eyes she channeled all her powers and felt her hands warm up, a white glow grew up the length of her arm stopping at her shoulders.

The slimy thing hissed and released her. Sophie took the opportunity and blasted the thing to smithereens', all was left was a dark green spot on the carpet.

Getting up Sophie ran out into the hallway and collided into a wall, only ended up being Dean. Wrapping her arms around him she relaxed knowing she was safe.

Dean on the other hand was freaking out. His hands touched Sophie everywhere making sure she was in once piece. His primary animal was now growling and pacing inside, on edge. Leaving Sophie in the hallway he walked into their room and saw nothing out of order only the green spot on the carpet.

Crouching down he poked at the substance and it defiantly wasn't a daimon, but something else, something more dangerous.

His blood began to boil; he felt his body tremble in anger; why was it that Sophie is the one that always needs saving or is at the wrong place at the wrong time? Why is she so weak?