Bound in Spirals Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dettella just mutely nodded, regaining her composure. She stood and dragged Yalene around the wide tree. With a soft sigh, she dropped to her knees. She felt like crying. 'The real world is much worse than I had imagined. I've deluded myself with these fantasies of the exciting life outside the palace...'

She smacked her cheeks, trying to clear her muddled mind. A garbled shriek rang out from the other side of the tree and she peeked around it. The gurilthenn fell away from the carriage, it's opened neck spraying viscous blood in a stream. Darrel wiped his felnn blade on the creature's leathery hide. He stuck a gauntleted hand into the torn open carriage and pulled out a small chest. He held it under his left arm and sheathed his huge sword on his back.

"Let us be moving now. It would be troublesome to run into more of these." Darrel said, as emotionless as always as he strode around the tree. He picked up Yalene and tossed her over his shoulder with one hand. "The road is that way."

Dettella couldn't bring herself to speak, so she just nodded again and began following him. 'I am glad that I don't like heels.' She thought as they walked over the rough terrain. The hard packed earth was difficult enough to walk on in slippers, let alone the high heeled shoes most of the noble ladies seemed to prefer.

During that night, despite the fact that Dettella had forgone the extravagant footwear, she found herself falling to her hands and knees more often than not.

———

'S-Sam...?' A tentative voice spoke in his head. For a moment, he didn't recognize the voice.

'Samson.' Was all he said in reply. His mood turned sour.

—————

Thus ends Chapter 6. I hope you've enjoyed reading it so far! Any constructive criticism is welcome. Compliments or suggestions are also greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, related to the story or not, I'm happy to answer. Also, I'd love to hear you guys' theories on where the story is going. P.S. I post progress updates in my bio incase anyone is curious about where I'm at.

~ DS