Brain Surgeon

Story Info
You should trust a brain surgeon.
952 words
3.34
34.6k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GetToIt
GetToIt
22 Followers

"You should trust my judgment," I told the four people standing in my giant, well-furnished living room. "After all, I am a brain surgeon."

I really am. I have a wall full of certifications that prove it.

I tried not to feel superior to the four people I was holding at gun point. It's difficult to stay humble when the world acts like you're a minor god. I had wondered if that was the reason my wife's affection started to decline a year ago.

I glanced at her, next to me, unconscious, tied to the solid dining room chair that I'd dragged to the living room.

Memories crowded my mind. We'd had a good if lopsided marriage. I provided the income, status and brains, Julia provided the beauty and nurturing. We married when I started medical school. She was the curvaceous bombshell. I was the rising star. She didn't have my intelligence, I didn't have her looks. Though she wasn't my intellectual equal, she was loyal, supportive, and a tigress in bed. We were happy. At least as happy as most couples were.

The first twenty-five years of marriage took a toll on her appearance. She'd done the hard work of raising our two children. She wasn't a beauty any more. She gained weight. Things sagged.

I was jerked out of my reverie when Mick, our twenty-three year old son, made a sudden move toward me. I quickly aimed the gun at him. "Dad," he pleaded, "whatever the problem is, killing Mom is not the answer."

Beth, our twenty-one year old daughter, simply held out her hands. "Dad, I know you suspect she's having an affair. The signs are all there. But don't shoot her. Please. We'll work this out." Mick stared at his sister, his jaw falling off his face. Mick inherited his mother's IQ. Beth had mine.

I'd always loved Julia, even if I was awkward at expressing it, and I loved having her in my bed. I always hoped she felt the same. Was I tempted by other more attractive women? All the time. Brain surgeons are treated like deities, after all. But I never seriously considered cheating on her. And I thought she'd never cheat on me. Until last year.

She toned up her body at the same time she began going out with her new girlfriends. "No men allowed," she informed me when she left on these excursions, wearing her new, sexier wardrobe. I wasn't naive. I knew what an affair looked like from the outside. What hurt me the most was the slow emotional death. As that year progressed she went from cool, to chilly, to frozen. I became a hated nuisance, only necessary for paying the bills.

Eric shouted, "My gosh, what did you inject her with?!" Someone finally noticed the used syringes on the table behind Julia.

Eric was the trickiest to guard. He was a cop, ex-military, proud to be the macho man. He would know ten different ways to subdue me. He was the one Julia called when I pulled the gun on her. I didn't know her phone was in her pocket. She connected and screamed for help before I got the phone away from her. As Eric raced to her rescue he called the other three who faced me now.

If he came at me, would I shoot him? I wanted to, but I didn't want to. Eric was my only lifelong friend. He'd taken a liking to Julia from the beginning. I tolerated their flirting. They thought it was cute. Everyone thought it was cute. Even Cecily, who married him, thought it was cute. I stayed relaxed about it, but I never liked it. Especially after Cecily divorced him eighteen months ago and moved away.

He was smart enough to be wearing a bulletproof vest under his shirt. I pointed the gun at his head and he stayed put.

Beth studied the two of us. I knew my princess. She was wondering the same thing I started wondering a year ago - was Eric her mother's lover?

Rosie said, "She's still alive. Let us get her to the hospital. You're wealthy. You can afford the best lawyers to get you off. Claim insanity or something. A murder charge will be a lot harder to deal with."

We glared at each other. Rosie was one of Julia's new, sexy friends. We'd despised each other from the start. But she was loyal to Julia, even in the face of a gun. I admired that. She took a step toward us and I fired past her ear. She froze.

Now Eric was in a panic. "I know you won't shoot your own children. This is over. Put down the gun! You're under arrest!"

Suddenly Julia's head started moving. Everyone watched in fascinated horror as her eyes fluttered open. Still holding the gun, I began untying her. "Feel better now, my love?" I asked.

As she wobbled to her feet she said, "Yes, you were right, darling." She kissed me, then turned to Eric. "And you, you big dummy - if you even think about arresting him I'll shoot you myself."

I turned to our children as their mother came into my arms. "Your mom wasn't having an affair-"

"Never, darling," she interrupted, kissing me again.

"She had a brain disease. That's what caused her personality change. It took me a long time to diagnose it since she wouldn't agree to any medical tests. All she needed was the right medication. It was crucial that she wasn't moved while it worked. Now she's well." I gave them a withering look. "You should have trusted my judgment. After all, I am a brain surgeon."

GetToIt
GetToIt
22 Followers