Breeding a Future Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The gryphons cawed and flapped and dodged and ducked but nothing they did, working alone, got them any closer to escape or attack. The cluster that had seemed to be conferring earlier called out to their brethren and could be heard, very faintly, to be urging them to come under their wing and retreat.

They had no care for the gryphon that had led them into such a mess. Sharptalon slumped to the ground, sides heaving for breath that he couldn't quite scrape into his lungs. Sorrow? Christian wasn't sure the barbarian could feel such a thing. It didn't matter.

Led by their strongest, the gryphons retreated with not a single look back that the unicorns could catch but it was only when they were far, far out of sight that they dropped the shield. Warily, they kept their magic within reach, cautious and wondering if the attack would continue. Karin exhaled, head dropping to relieve the strain in her neck. Christian nuzzled her withers and turned to Caderyn and Moirin just in time to see Sharptalon being escorted away by their strongest unicorns, Vale and a smoky grey mare that he had not yet had the pleasure to meet. No doubt he would be placed in solitary confinement until they deemed a time fit to deal with his future.

Nickering, Christian cast the unicorn king a questioning look, too tired to form words.

"There is no reason to delay the ceremony further," Caderyn murmured, a tired but relieved smile on his lips. "Please, my herd -- gather around."

12