Brighton Manor Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is she really going to pay me 50 pounds to wait on 'er?" the cabbie asked.

"You'll get your money. Don't worry. She can be a frigid bitch but she won't leave you hanging."

Stella returned a half hour later. She handed a slip of paper to the cab driver. "Take us to this address, please."

"Yes, ma'am," he replied and cranked the car.

Soon they were pulling into a Mercedes dealership and Stella smirked.With all the money from the estate why the hell did they only have that piece of shit to ride in?

"This the place?"

"It's perfect."

The driver quoted her her due and she paid him well over the promised 50 pounds plus fare.

As Stella scanned the lot her spirits seemed to lift. A young man approached the pair smiling.

"Hello and welcome. My name is George. Is there something I can help you find?"

"Nice to meet you. I'm Stella Brighton. This is Jon." They all shook hands. "I would like to drive away with a nice new car."

"Let me show you our showroom."

Stella chose an exquisite coupe in black and it met with Mouse's approval.

"Alright, well, we'll just come speak with our finance manager and see what kind of interest and payments we can get set up for you," the gentleman said.

"What if I want to just buy it?" Stella inquired.

"Pardon? You don't want to finance it?" the man said.

"No. I'm ready to pay in full right now." She kept a cool front but she was about to explode inside. Buying this kind of car in cash was exhilarating!

"Certainly, Mrs. Brighton. We'll see what we can do. Will the car be in your name alone or Mr. Brighton's as well?"

Stella and Mouse looked at each other in an awkward silence.

"We're not..."

"...going to add my name. It's hers alone," Mouse interrupted. He wasn't sure why, but he didn't want the illusion that his man had that they were married to be broken. And maybe he was making sure he didn't make a pass at her.

*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*

Mouse was more than happy to be able to drive the new car back to the estate but the overall tone of the trip and the argument that they had before the cab came still left a bad taste in his mouth. A few miles before reaching the gates to the manor he finally got the nerve to speak to her again.

"I think we need to resolve everything before we go back to the house," he said gently.

"I didn't know we had anything left to discuss," she mumbled.

"Cut the crap, Stella. You know damn well what we need to talk about," he snapped, immediately regretting his tone.

"I'm firing Victoria."

"Why?"

"I don't need her. I'm willing to part with a generous severance."

"Stella, for fuck's sake, it was just one time. Nothing's happened since and she knows that I'm not interested in doing it again."

"I just can't have her in the house anymore."

A few moments passed and she knew he had something else on his mind.

"You know, Stella, no one ever wants to get to know me. Girls sleep with me willingly but never ask me over for dinner. They treat me like that's all I'm good for. I'm just there to fix their temporary needs. If all I am is a temporary fix for you then maybe I should be the one to move on."

"I wasn't using you, Mouse!" she said amazed that he'd even suggested it.

"Then whydid you sleep with me?"

Stella felt flustered. She was trying her best to suppress and deny her growing feelings for him but he always seemed to pry them out of her!

"Because," she began taking a deep breath, "you interest me." She knew she was about to divulge more than her pride would approve of. "When you're in the room, there's a feeling I get in the pit of my stomach that makes me want to be close to you. You're such a mystery. All I want to do is learn more about you." She sighed and decided to go on against her better judgment. "And last night I felt so close to you on so many different levels, I needed you."

Mouse was visibly upset and Stella couldn't put her finger on exactly why. His eyes were glossy and his fingers gripped tightly to the steering wheel.

"Stella, I think we need to be honest with each other here." He seemed to be avoiding eye contact with her now. "Even if there were an attraction between us that grew beyond physicality, it would never work out. I'm not the kind of guy that girls like you get mixed up with. I was thinking that maybe itis best if I move on. There no sense in..."

"There's no sense in even saying that unless you already had feelings for me. You won't have a problem living with someone you didn't want. But living with someone you want but can't have is a different story entirely, isn't it?"

"God, Stella, why do you think I avoid you like the plague? I can't help but feel this false sense of hope when I'm with you but I know I've got no chance in hell." Mouse took a moment to compose himself. "Then somehow you break down my wall that I've spent 15 years building and make me feel good about myself for the first time in my entire life." He hit the steering wheel with the palm of his hand just as they pulled in front of the house then he lowered his voice because the windows were down in the car. "How could I not having feelings for you? How could I not make love to you?"

Stella saw Mary's head poke past the front door. "Promise we can continue this conversation later, okay?" At the nod of his head she grabbed her purse and exited the car. Just as she did, a tall dark haired man stepped out from behind Mary.

"Greg!" Stella shrieked and ran up on the porch. She threw her arms around him as Mouse watched and listened from the car. "I didn't know you were coming so soon! I'm so surprised."

"Well, I missed you."

"I missed you, too!" Stella exclaimed and planted several kissed on his face.

Then they scurried back through the door leaving Mouse sitting in the car. He sat there for several minutes trying to digest everything that happened that day. Stella was jealous of Victoria but never expressed that she had feelings for him. And he expressed his for her. And now...now he finds out that there is another man in her life.

There was no other alternative.Do it now, do it fast, and make sure no one catches me, he thought to himself.

About fifteen minutes later Mouse was holding a satchel containing a few changes of clothes. He stood in the kitchen and listened to the chatter from the other room.

"Well it's not just my house, Gregory, it'sour house," he heard Stella say.

"No, you inherited it, not me," said the man.

"I know, I know, but you'll always have a place here. Always."

"That's sweet, Stel."

"I staying in mom's old bedroom. I can't wait to show you," she said.

Mouse couldn't take anymore. He slipped unnoticed out the front door and walked off down the drive. The cab was instructed to pick him up away from the house.

He had gotten only a dozen yards away when Stella happened to glance out the window and saw him fleeing.

Moments later the front door flung open and Stella was running after him.

"Get away from me. I'm gone," Mouse called over his shoulder.

"I thought we were going to talk about this," she pleaded.

"You can't have it both ways, Princess. You can't harass me about my other relationships and have others for yourself." Mouse kept walking but stopped again. "And right in front of me after I told you how I felt!"

The cab came around the curve and halted a few feet from Mouse.

"I can't stay another night in this house with a lying whore like you," he said walking toward the cab.

"Mouse!" she screamed. "Please stop! Greg is my brother!"

Mouse got in the cab and shut the door.

"Don't leave!" she pleaded with tears in her eyes and ran up to his window.

But it was too late. Even if she had been telling the truth, Mouse knew this was for the best. There was no use in pretending. Besides, no one would believe he was interested in anything but her money. Now it's time to take what she'd shown him about himself and start a new life.

Stella wept into her hands as she watched them drive away.

"Been a busy place today," said the cabbie trying to make conversation. "My buddy was out here earlier today and when you called I was just on my way back from dropping off the lady's brother."

Mouse didn't reply. It was true. He had over-reacted just like she did about Victoria.

It's too late. You both made too many mistakes, he kept telling himself.

"Take me to the cheapest inn in town," is all Mouse said.

*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*

Despite the residual joy that she got from her brother's presence, Stella's mood was somber. The battle between her heart and mind had finally ended but no closure was found. And while the issue was settled and she should be glad for it, she remained in a state of disconnect.

Why can't I just forget about it? she asked herself.He isn't coming back.

"Why don't you have a cup of hot tea, dear? Perhaps a hot bath?" Mary walked into the kitchen where Stella sat at the table staring out the window.

"Thank you, Mary, a cup of tea would be nice."

Silently, Mary prepared her a cup of tea and placed it in front of her.

"I believe this to be the best for both of you, you know."

"I know, Mary, but it's not always that simple."

"I know, my dear. But he was a troubled man. I suppose it was due to his childhood," Mary said sipping her tea.

But she had Stella's attention. "What about his childhood?" She asked, already knowing the answer but hoped that she might find out a bit more.

Mary thought carefully. "The scars that you saw, I've had a glimpse of them myself. I could tell that they were cigarette burns at the time but he wouldn't tell me how he got them." She took another sip of her tea and replaced the cup on the saucer. "Until yesterday."

Stella's eyes shot across the table to Mary, silently inquiring the details.

"Mouse called me into his room yesterday morning before anyone else was even awake. He took off his shirt and held out his arms. Of course, I looked and saw all of the little burn marks that he had all over them. Then he said, 'Mary, are they hideous?' And I told him, 'No, they aren't that bad. I'm sure they've faded quite a bit since you received them.' He looked down at them and ran his hand down one of his arms. Then he said, 'I guess I never noticed because I have to see them every day.' And then he told me what happened to him, Stella. His father had burned him." Mary said.

"Did he cry?" Stella asked.

"No. He was a bit emotional at first but in the end he was quite peaceful about what happened. And, forgive me, ma'am, for allowing you to be mislead, but he didn't have a doctor's visit yesterday; he was going to his father's grave. He said that after all these years he was willing to forgive his after but first needed to come to grips with and accept the way he looked. That's why he showed me the scars."

Stella fought to control her reaction to what Mary had shared. She was touched deeply and now she felt even more terrible than before. But a part of her was happy that she was able to influence him in such a positive way.

"A troubled young man," Mary repeated. "Being here couldn't have been helping him. He needed to get away."

But Stella knew Mary was wrong. She knew that Mouse was blossoming and softening up because of the connection that they shared. But it was futile to dispute it. He was gone - forever.

*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*

Stella's eyes fluttered open and the early morning sun shone softly through the curtains. For a moment she debated on whether or not to even get out of bed yet. She snuggled her back against the mattress and turned her head away from the windows.

A shadowy figure sat quietly in the corner with a bowed head and Stella gasped. She sat up against the headboard, pulling the blanket with her protectively.

"I'm sorry to have startled you, Stella. I shouldn't be here. Iknow I shouldn't be here. But I made a promise to you." Stella remained silent as Mouse stood and walked toward her. "And I'm sure I've completely ruined our relationship, whatever it was, but I wanted to come back and apologize for calling you those terrible things the other night."

She pulled the covers closer to her as tears began to well in her eyes and he crouched down beside the bed.

"I felt so stupid when I left. I could barely sleep a wink in that dump of an inn. I just couldn't stop thinking about you and how awful I was to you." Mouse reached behind him and picked up a portfolio and placed it on the bed beside her.

"I finished the landscaping layouts. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want them but I worked all night long on it."

Stella placed on hand over her mouth and the other over her heart, struggling not to burst into tears.

"And I know I promised to talk to you about everything. I'm here to make up for that if you still want to talk about it." Mouse looked up at her and she's wiping the tears from her face. "It was difficult for me to accept that we are too different. You're an heiress to a huge estate and I'm just the gardener boy that your aunt had hired because she knew that I'd bust my ass for food and shelter."

Stella cleared her throat and Mouse looked up at her.

"I don't think you even realize how shallow you're being," she finally said.

"Stella, what do you want me to do? I don't know what to do here, you know?"

"Go get your things and move into a nicer room," she suggested.

"I can't afford a nicer room. I can barely afford the crappy motel room that I've got."

"I mean here," she said with a tiny smile. "I want you to move into a nice room and I want you to... I want to be with you."

The temptation nearly overtook his senses. "Stella, I'm your grounds keeper!"

"Then don't be!"

For a moment there was an awkward silence between them.

"You mean come live here for free and not work?"

"Why not?"

"I think you need to think about this."

"It's all I've been able to think about for two days. Actually, ever since we got back from town the other day."

"You really just want me here? No strings attached?"

"I just want you with me."

Mouse thought for a moment looking down at the bed beneath him.

"What's the matter? I thought that's why you came back - to be with me."

"I really just came back to apologize, Stella. And to say goodbye the right way, not like a coward."

"I won't let you leave," she said sternly.

"Please. It's already become even more difficult than I ever thought it would be," Mouse forced out and to his surprise her response was a teary eyed nod. He stood and collected his bag from the corner of the room. He paused for only a moment before he placed his hand on the doorknob.

"So that's it then," she said catching him off guard. "Things are getting complicated; time to run away again," she said getting out of bed.

Mouse could feel his face ignite with anger and his heart ached at her words. He turned around and pointed at her. "That's not fair, Stella. That's notfucking fair!" he snarled.

"Just because it was the right thing to do 15 years ago doesn't mean that it's always right. You're a better man than you give yourself credit for, Jon Crowley. And it's time to stop being ashamed of who you are."

Stella's words pierced his heart like a dagger. But she was right - again. He already knew that life wasn't safe and he had began to realize that neither was love.

Mouse began walking toward her slowly. He struggled to speak as he choked back his sobs. "I don't know why you care about me so much," be barely manages to say. "But you're the only one who ever has. And I think I would rather die than hurt you."

"Then don't leave me again," she whispered, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his shoulder.

Mouse held her tightly, knowing he held the most precious thing that he had in his life. He pulled her head up so that she met him face to face.

"I won't leave you again," he said and kissed her gently on the lips. He savored every taste and feel of her mouth. Every move was calculated and full of passion. It was the most intense kiss either of them had ever experienced. Stella began to unbutton his shirt prompting him to unbutton his pants. Soon he stood in only his boxers and he led her to her bed.

"Just a second," she said. Stella pushed the intercom button for the kitchen. A moment later, a familiar voice answered.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Mary, can you please see to it that I am not disturbed for the rest of the morning?"

"Of course, Miss Brighton," she replied.

Mouse smiled at her with love-stoned eyes and guided her under the sheets. He climbed on top of her and they immediately met in a deep and beautiful kiss. His hand moved patiently down her shoulder pulling the thin strap with it. Soon his mouth was kissing a trail down her neck to her chest.

"I just realized something," he said suddenly.

"What?"

"You just fired me," he teased.

Stella laughed, "Actually, you quit, remember?"

"Technically, I was still working for you when I finished those drawings this morning."

"Alas, you're right again. I can never win with you."

"Stella, you won my heart," he said with a dramatically raised eyebrow.

They both erupted into laughter.

"That was the corniest thing I've never heard," Stella exclaimed.

"Well, I almost said, we're both winners in the game of love."

"Oh, my gosh, that's even worse," she cooed.

Mouse's face began to soften. He gazed down at her with passion beaming from his eyes.

"How about this," he began, pushing her hair from her face. "Thank you, Stella, for everything. In a few short weeks I feel like I've become a different man. You've influenced me to do things I never thought I'd do and feel things I never thought I'd feel."

Stella was speechless and touched.

"And Mouse is gone. I'm okay with being Jon Crowley. And it's all because of you."

"Oh, Mouse," she whispered.

"No, it's Jon, we just talked about this."

Stella giggled. "I'm sorry. It's just going to take some getting used to," she said running her fingers through his hair.

"I just wanted you to make sure you knew that so you'll know which name to scream in a few minutes."

Before she could reply his mouth was over her once more. He propped himself up on his elbow and pulled off his boxers and then her panties. He pushed her leg to one side and began to caress her between her legs causing her to release a soft moan. She felt his two fingers slide up and down the length of her slit and finally sank into her hole. He massaged her for several minutes as he kissed her neck. His fully erect cock pressed eagerly against her thigh, a constant reminder to both of them of the pleasure that was to come.

Finally, Jon removed his fingers from her and flicked them playfully across her clit.

"Make love to me, Jon," Stella sighed. "I need you."

"And then?" he asked.

"And then what?" She was confused as his strange questioning.

"You need me now. And then what?" Remembering his concerns about the other girls that have "needed him" in the past, Stella took his face in her hands. "And then I will need you to stay . I will need your hand to hold as we walk through the garden. I will need you to talk and laugh with me as we grow even closer. But right now I need your body before I go insane."

Jon smiled at her knowing just how much he was teasing her.

"I thought I'd never make love to you again," he said then guided his cock to her opening.

Stella moaned deeply as he pushed himself inside of her and he began to thrust in long, slow strokes. He wanted her to feel every inch of him and he wanted to feel every tremor of her body, hear every tiny gasp for air, see every facial expression that she made as he moved within her.

They made love for well over and hour before he pulled her to the bath where they made love again.