Brittany's Travels Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And yours, I'm sure," Brittany said. "My clients back in America would --"

"To be sure, Ms. Tsoupas." Denis tucked his now-soft penis back into his pants and zipped them up. "Ever so glad to know we understand one another, trust or no trust. You'll understand if I do not shake your hand."

"Of course." Brittany retrieved her dress from the radiator and soon had herself looking almost as presentable as when she had come in. To Biliana, who was now swathed in a bathrobe she'd had hidden somewhere, she added, "Next time I'm in town?"

"I wouldn't miss it for all the rare books in Luxembourg, my dear," Biliana said, and she kissed Brittany on the lips. "Until then, Erika."

"See her to the door, Bili," Denis ordered, and without another word he let himself out to the back stairway.

"I'm ever so sorry you can't do business with us for now," Biliana said as she led Brittany back into the hallway and to the front door. "But don't give up hope. My husband can change his mind."

"I'll look forward to that, then." Brittany remembered to look suitably somber, and wondered if perhaps she should actually be somber for not bringing Denis down just yet. But she suspected she had his number. "Until the next time, Biliana." She hugged her new fling goodbye, and then it was back out into the rain.

The bus was too crowded for Brittany to stick to her plan for claiming the back row, so she had to take her chances on not being followed. She settled for getting off the bus at the Place d'Armes and stopping off for a leisurely early dinner and drinks, and taking a roundabout walk home. As she stepped into the vestibule of her building, she couldn't resist a look over her shoulder to see if she was being followed. There was no sign that she was, and at last she was home free and able to get out of her sopping dress for a shower. Only with that out of the way did she sit down at the computer to call Joseph. This was, she reasoned, more than worth his waiting a few extra minutes for.

He picked up on the third ring, and Brittany was greeted with the familiar sight of the meeting room behind him. "Erika? How's the haul of books over there?"

"Terrific, Uncle Joe," Brittany said, tickled to know he was surely wondering what to make of her being freshly showered and dressed in a bathrobe at this hour. "I've just heard of a nice shipment of books that was about a month in coming here. I'm thinking I ought to chase down the source."

"That's a good idea," Joseph said. "Where was this shipment coming from?"

Brittany grinned at her first triumph. "Athens."