Brother Wolves Ch. 01

Story Info
A loss In Scotland.
6.8k words
4.49
26.4k
46

Part 1 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 08/11/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

PROLOG

In the Scottish highlands, a lone wolf hid. The cold winter was harsh, and food sparse. She was afraid. She feared many things, but right now she had to do something. She was afraid of hunters, men that killed for sport. She was afraid of starving, for she had not eaten in days. Years before the men came, the forest was alive and free, but over time, she had seen her kind reduced to nothing.

Last month, her mate left in search of food and never returned. She knew he was gone because she felt the impact when his soul left his body. Now she had no choice, she had to hunt. She had to feed her two boys. Right now they slept, their bodies thin and malnourished. They hid in a cave constantly watching, troubled. All of their pack was gone. Shot. Killed. Brecken, which was the oldest of the twins, covered his younger brother. She looked at her young ones, fighting tears as they slept. Brecken woke as she left the cave. Be safe Momma. he sent, then he tried to sleep. It was cold, so he wrapped his wiry body around his younger brother and waited.

A few hours later, Momma returned with a rabbit. The pups yelped and devoured their meal. She sat against the wall watching her boys eat, knowing that this would be her last time. She slumped forward, holding in a whimper. Her oldest, Brecken, looked up and she smiled. He returned to his meal. She was lucky to have returned to the cave. Pain lanced her body. Her vision blurred, as she felt hot liquid pooling. She fought; they were pups and she could not leave them. Her body quaked, as she looked to the heavens. She sent a quick prayer to the Gods to protect her babies. She could hole on no longer. Soon unable to remain conscious, she closed her eyes and slipped away.

Brecken and Rayan wrestled, but Mom said nothing. Mom slept, but Rayan nuzzled her and she did not respond. Brecken pushed her, but she was cold and stiff. Her side was wet, and that's when the boys sniffed the air; they realized it was blood. Alone in a cave with their mother, all seemed lost for two small cubs, but fates intervened. The cubs rubbed their bodies against their mother, trying to warm her.

A member of the MacLean, Clan of Dragons was on a quest and he heard the cries. Entering the cave, he was angered. The dragons realized the humans were out of control, but they were forbidden from interfering with their quest. However, Conor MacLean had enough. The humans needed to be stopped and he was taking action. One of his clan reported hearing shots, and because of that he took flight.

He entered the cave and his blood ran cold. The mother was gone, and the pups were covered in blood whimpering.

This she wolf was the last female of their kind and the monsters ended her. He wept as the pups, both covered in their mother's blood, tried to wake her. They sensed him, and took a defensive stance. One stood before her body, growling trying to protect his family. His brother stood with him, ready to attack as well. Shifting to his human form, Conor sat and waited. He did not move, but every few minutes, he inched a bit closer. The cries of the pups broke his heart. Hours passed and the cave grew colder. He needed to get them some place warm. He reached for the boys and at first they refused to come. More time passed, and they grew even more tired. He reached again, and whispered, "Come with me. I'll take you someplace safe."

The second wolf moved towards him, but his brother was still wary. The wolf chuffed at his brother. Eventually, Conor was able to coax the boys away from their mother. He held them against his chest as they were freezing. Soon they calmed and he lifted them in his arms as he shifted and spread his wings to fly home.

Both boys shivered in the arms of their winged savior. One pup whimpered and reached for his mother as they left the cave, the other one was just quiet. It was as if he understood that his Mom was gone. The pups held on as the dragon flew. He soared through the air, onto a mountain top, into a beautiful home.

Layton and Aidan cheered as their father returned. Conor MacLean had gone on a quest, and his sons knew he'd bring them a surprise. Caitlyn heard a whimper as Conor placed the two bloody, shivering pups on the floor. Aidan and Layton, in human form, moved to pet the pups when one nipped at them.

The boys jumped back, about to react when Conor ordered them to remain calm. The Pups huddled together, the darker one assuming a more dominate role of protector. Brecken was young, but these people smelled strange. The man was not a wolf, but some other creature. Were these people like him? He would protect his brother. Conor spoke softly, and the young pup changed started to shift but retreated back to his wolf form. "Little pup, I know you are afraid. We will not hurt you. Shift to your human form so we can talk." He coaxed.

Brecken stood before his brother. However, Rayan was curious. Feeling safe, and trusting the man that brought him here, he moved from behind Brecken. Shifting into his human form the naked toddler stood shivering and reached for the strange male. Caitlyn spurred into action. Brecken shifted and held on to his brother.

They were so small barely three or four years old. They were babies. Caitlyn fought her own anger, and she and Conor quickly gave both boys a hot bath and put clean clothes on them. Aidan and Layton stayed back. The sight of the pups covered n blood upset the dragon twins and they wanted to know who hurt them. The two boys now dressed whimpered and eyes Caitlyn warily. She seemed nice and they were no longer cold, but they left Momma. Momma was so cold and hurt.

Ray, I'm scared. Brecken sent to his brother.

Caitlyn knew they were talking so she waited. They were beautiful, as wolves and as little boys. They appeared to be a few years younger than her own two, but she had to talk to Conor to be certain. They looked at her, their hazel eyes glimmering with tears.

She kneeled and spoke softly, "Listen, you are safe here. No one will ever hurt you. Your mom wanted you someplace safe and the Gods sent you to us. Little wolves, you are a part of our family now and we will die for you." Brecken moved first and hugged her; soon followed by his brother. Caitlyn gasped as the young pup's tears bathe her neck.

Rayan whimpered and hugged his brother tighter. Ray, Momma's gone. We have no one. Brecken sent.

I know Breck, but this lady says they want us here with them. Maybe they can be our new family. Rayan sent to his older brother.

Brecken howled, and Conor's heart broke for the young pup. Aidan and Layton moved and joined their mother in the hug. Being slightly older and bigger, they knew they had to look out for these little ones.

Conor spoke, "Boys, let's get you settled. Come on; let's show you your new room. The two boys faced each other and nodded; then they followed their new father to their new room.

Layton and Aidan were curious about the two wolves that Dad brought home. So they followed them and realized the room dad gave them didn't have anything a kid would like. The room was plain, blue and white with black undertones with some funny looking art on the walls. Connor placed the two boys on the bed and they sat holding each other.

They were scared, but brave. Layton stood and went to his room; he sent a message and Aidan joined him. Soon both young dragons flew back in and the pups whimpered and scurried into the center of the bed. "Boys!" Conor chastised and they shifted back. Each boy found their favorite blanket and stuffed toy from when they were babies.

"Look, we didn't mean to scare you. But we thought that maybe, I could use a friend here." Layton spoke first, "This is my bear, Mantrell. I've had him my whole life. I want you to have him Brecken because he is a great protector. Nothing will ever hurt you with Mantrell around." Carefully, Brecken took the bear. Layton finished, "Oh, and Mantrell needs his blanket, so can you do me a favor and keep it with him. " Brecken nodded.

Meanwhile Aidan was talking to the younger of the two boys. He also gave him a special gift, and explained the importance of it. Conor sat with the four boys as they bonded. Caitlyn stood in the door and watched. She fell for them instantly. Caitlyn sent for her mate and he told his boys to watch out for the cubs. As he left, Rayan yawned, the two boys curled into each other and dozed. The dragon brothers would not leave the cubs alone, so they curled around the outside of both boys as they napped.

"Conor, we need to find a pack to take them. They are wolves, and we knew nothing of raising a wolf cub to adulthood." Caitlyn stated. She knew it was a pointless argument, because the moment her mate flew in carrying those two boys, they were their sons.

"Ok, you said it. Now let's figure out how we will raise our four sons." Conor added and Caitlyn laughed. The boys grew. Often the boys would fight, and within the next hour they would make up. Soon the dragons got over their fear of hurting their wolf brothers and the wolf cubs loved both of their dragon brothers beyond belief. The four were now inseparable. When Rayan and Brecken were seven and Layton and Aidan were ten, the dragon brothers wanted to know what would happen if the wolves drank dragon blood, and would wolf blood change them.

So the four boys, in their wisdom, cut their wrist and drank the blood of the other species. The dragons hated the taste of blood and almost gagged, but as soon as it entered their systems, they felt a change. They now had a keen sense of smell. And their sense of hearing increased, exponentially.

Rayan and Brecken experienced changes as well. So the four kids knew to keep quiet, or their parents would not be happy. The boys kept their secret well until one night, Aidan ran a fever. Layton panicked and the wolf cubs rushed in. Caitlyn demanded to know what he ate, and screamed. So frightened were Rayan and Brecken that they vanished. Caitlyn saw this and even more panic sat in. Conor took control and calmed his mate. That was all it took. Conor knew.

"Love, he will be fine. He has ingested wolf DNA. Just like his brother, and our other two ingested dragon DNA as well. His body is adjusting that's all." Conor explained.

Caitlyn sighed. "So why are they not sick?" She asked.

Conor laughed, and answered, "because they hid it from us." He stated staring at four pair of guilty eyes staring back at them. "You four know this has to remain a secret between us. No one can know, OK." The boys nodded.

The teen years were the most challenging. With their new skill set, the four brothers were often vanishing in and out of situations and managing to incite many people. Most of the time, they stayed in human form. One day, the dragons decided to go out and gave their wolf brothers a ride. At the end of the flight, both Rayan and Brecken were literally as sick as dogs, and Caitlyn took both of the dragons to task. Conor laughed his butt off, and soon everyone else saw the hilarity in the situation.

Years passed, and the wolves grew restless. They needed to find others that looked like them. One day, the wolves sat at dinner and told their family they wanted to find other creatures like them. They wanted to find a pack to join. Conor expected this so he had already contacted the one man he would trust with his sons. Several years ago when the wolves were seniors in high school and he suspected one day they would want to go. Caitlyn wanted to protest immediately, but both young men waited. They had earned their degrees. Rayan was a licensed psychologist, and Brecken was an engineer. Their own boys were following their own paths.

"Love, I called Bertrand. We met him once long ago when we traveled to the Americas. He helped us and told us to call whenever we needed. I called and his pack will take them. They are wolves, love. They need to be with their people. They deserve a chance to find a mate, learn, be with people like them and grow." Conor explained.

Caitlyn remembered the boys as toddlers coming to her so scared and alone. What if someone tried to hurt them? Who would protect them? They were her sons as much as their brothers.

"Ma, we love you and we will call every night if you want us too. Besides if you really want us, we can vanish in. We will be fine." Rayan explained.

Caitlyn hugged her two boys, "If you get yourselves hurt, I'm strangling both of you. If you need us, call. I'll send your brothers immediately. Oh, and I expect you to visit often and call just as much." Caitlyn demanded.

The boys hugged her, Brecken a bit longer than Rayan. This was the only mother they knew, but they were men now and wolves. They needed to go out into the world and live. Conor called Bertrand and told him to expect his sons. They had special abilities, and Conor reminded them that secrecy was paramount. The boys relocated to America and joined the Bertrand pack. Alpha Bertrand welcomed them with open arms. He suspected there was more to theses two wolves, but he trusted Conor. These were Conor's boys.

Over time, they pack accepted the two extremely gorgeous brothers who were too handsome to be real. The young men dated several young women within the pack, but never led the females on. Eventually the males stopped feeling threatened and over time the two were completely accepted. When his friend form the south sent two members to him, Rayan was more than willing to help them. Upon his return, Bertrand suspected something, but out of respect he'd let Rayan come to him when he was ready.

The Present

Rayan and Brecken returned to Charlotte to say good bye to a special man. Alphonso. Alpha of the Dark Weres had ended his journey on this life. Although each man initially had issue with the much older gentleman they did respect him

The young men had another reason for returning. For over a year they vanished in and out watching their other halves. They had told the women that they were their mtes and nw anted t take them and ther children hme. Ovetr the year, the to brothers learned a lot about this unuque wolf. They actually fel a kinship of sorts. Hwever, on their last visit, Alphonso spoke ith them and gave them charge to raise his youngest children. Not only tht, he admonished them to love their women fiercely and completely.

The two emtered the enter and asst with their alpha and alha madam. They wathed their families grieve the lost alha and wanted nothing more than to go to them, but protocol demanded that thyey ait.

Rayan we will comfort them soon. Brecken sent.

I know Brecken, but I hate knowing that she hurts, Rayanreplied.

The men faced each other and nodded. After the memorial service ended, they were taking their mates and their children home. Alpha Alphoso was gone and there was no reason to wait any longer.

The members of the pack gathered and the townsfolk all waked over and offered condolences. Alpha Bertrand and Madam Alpha Serene walked over to the children of their old friend. Bertrand could not believe that Alphonso died before him. Thomas walked to him and Bertrand embraced him. Thomas was like a son, much like Alphonso had been. He smiled. "Good to see you old friend. Sadly it's in such a solemn day. I wish I could have gotten here to see him before he left this life, but procrastination is not or friend. Thomas nodded as both men looked up. They saw them together.

Alpha Bertrand smiled at some with his newest pack members. He knew Rayan formed a special relationship with the pack when he came last. Realizing their alpha was curious, both men joined them and he and Brecken visited often. He knew both men found their mates amongst the pack here at Jackson.

"Thomas, our deepest condolences." Rayan stated immediately.

Brecken greeted the much older gentleman as well, "We didn't know him long, but we loved him just the same."

Thomas nodded."Yes and a truer friend, no one would ever find."

Betty walked over. She remembered Alpha Bertrand and Madam Serene from her childhood.

"Alpha Bertrand, Madam Alpha Serene, hi." She greeted.

"Abettia, you are simply beautiful. My goodness, it's been so long since I saw you." Serene gasped as she hugged her.

Bertrand greeted her next, as her mate approached. Logan growled. He knew this gentleman was a friend of her father, but he did not like the friendly way he held on to his mate. Betty, watch it. he sent.

Logan, stop it. Come here. She sent. Logan walked over. Betty introduced her mate to two of the best people she remembered. Bertrand shook his hand. However, Serene hugged him, and congratulated him on winning the heart of one as wonderful as Abettia. Logan blushed, and relaxed. The group joined the town for a feast. At this point, Rayan and Brecken had joined their alpha.

"Rayan, Brecken, come. Let's visit with our friends." Bertrand stated. Ryelle and the other members of the pack knew Rayan, and welcomed him heartily. Rayan and Brecken greeted Ryelle. Ryelle and his brothers shared a look.. They young men stood with them and they talked, Soon their mates joined them and Suni and Mari as well. Brecken's wolf saw Mari and his intent was obvious. Rayan was in more control of his wolf, but all three brothers knew. These two brothers were the mates of their pack mates.

"Listen, I need time. Today, let's have dinner and come back with us to our home. We can talk then." Brecken eyed the new alpha and his message was clear. There was nothing to discuss. He found his mate and was not leaving without her. Rayan nodded, but his eyes never left Suni. The babies, Naru and Dreya rushed to the two handsome men and demanded to be lifted, to which they complied. Suni moved immediately to retrieve her daughter, while Mari was transfixed. Her mate was absolutely gorgeous., No man had the right to look that good.

"I have her, Suni. Will you sit with me? I really would like your company." Rayan whispered.

Brecken did not utter a word. He and Mari watched each other. Finally, Kas broke the silence and asked that they come and sit. Soon, everyone was eating and Dreya was enjoying the attention from Rayan. Thomas was silent, and Hattie made sure he ate. Ms. Nancy joined the older couple. She reached over and took Hattie's hand and then Thomas's hand. "He is at peace now. He is at peace."

Suni sat and snuck peeks at the handsome man that was playing with her daughter. Rayan waited, and then he spoke. "I knew who you were the first time I saw you. We had just arrived, and you were working in the kitchen area. You came out and Lyric spoke. I remember what you were wearing. You had on a yellow t-shirt with the words Mellow Yellow emblazoned on the front. You quickly disappeared and I didn't see you again until dinner. You sat by yourself. My wolf recognized you instantly, but he knew you were not ready. So I waited." Suni gasped. That was last year. Her wolf was so upset and it took everything in her to keep her beast calm. Her wolf must have known. "The thing is, Suni, I'm not waiting anymore. You and Dreya are a part of me, a part of my family. I know it may seem a bit soon, but when I leave, I want you two to come with me."

"Look, Dr. MacLean, can't right now. Daddy is taking Alpha's death hard and Momma needs me here. Besides, you can't really want me. Look at me, I come with baggage, please chose someone else." Suni whispered.

"Suni, I won't rush you, but I won't let you ush me away. For months I have come to see you, just you. Yu never denied me before, don't do so now. I know you're hurting, let me help you through this." He pleaded. He waited.

Suni looked at him, and she wanted t give in and for once, let someone else shelter her, but she could not. She had to grow up. She had to take responsibility. Her wolf was done letting her live in self denial as well. "Listen to me. He is ours. You were wrong. You don't have to be so afraid. He is ours." She insisted. Suni sighed. A part of her was happy to meet her mate, but her parents needed someone with them. How could she consider leaving them now? Dad took the alpha's passing so hard and all Mom could do was try to help him hold it together.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12