Brother Wolves Ch. 10

Story Info
Finding peace at last.
11.6k words
4.86
11.1k
21

Part 10 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 08/11/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,298 Followers

Hello everyone,

We are at the end of this strand of the story. This entire story started with Werewolves and Indians. Thanks to Harryhill, I was given the opportunity to expand my imaginative wings and share a fantastic tale of love and overcoming struggles. That story was followed up by Dark Weres, a unique group that helped me to explore how circumstances can lead to amazing accomplishments. After that, A Love Story came into existence. Several short stories were born. One of my favorites, Peter and Kim, was a true challenge. From there we moved on the Brother Wolves, and met a fantastic clan of dragons from Scotland. This series has been an adventure, and I'm not sure if it's done.

A special thanks to CelticCat for allowing me a chance to meet her dragon brothers and share the story with her. Please check out her writings, they are absolutely amazing.

I want to thank you all for following my offerings. Please enjoy this final chapter of Brother Wolves.

*****

Chapter 10

Eva faced Bertrand. The alpha waited. She was upset, and that was not the norm for his quiet mate. "The female Rayan spoke of before is free. She is watching the pack, and I don't like it." Serene explained.

Bertrand nodded. "Are you sure it's her? It could be anyone Serene. Wolves go rogue often when they have no pack." He reminded her.

Serene nodded and began to pace, a clear sign that she was truly agitated. "You might be right, but something is telling me it's her. It's Zena. I will protect my people Bertrand. She will not be allowed to harm anyone here." She stopped and faced her mate. Bertrand pulled her into his safe embrace. He sent calming waves of love to sooth her. She trembled. As he held her, he sent to his head beta.

Andrew, a situation has come up. I need you to come over now. Bring Chad, David, and Kevin with you. He ordered.

Yes, Alpha. The beta replied.

Gao knew something was wrong and she started to question him. But one look at the serious look on his face was enough for her to know to wait. He and several betas reported in. Bertrand and Serene waited and met with the betas in his office. Several females joined there leader a well. The women awaited the arrival of the males. As they entered, the males were alerted instantly, but Bertrand ordered them to calm down. Serene and the female betas reported what they discovered. It wasn't much, but the pack trusted Serene's instincts. It was rare that Madam Alpha alerted them.

The males were ready to patrol. Ordering them to search, but make sure they stay close, the betas filed out. Serene stood beside him, her anger a living thing between them. Bertrand called a friend of his on the police force. He was not surprised to learn that Zena had managed to escape. The police were out in full force, because the woman was psychotic. Bertrand sighed as he faced his mate. Worry etched his brow and Serene stood. Rayan, report to my office as soon as possible in the morning. He sent.

Yes Alpha. He answered.

"Ray, what's wrong?" Suni asked.

Rayan jumped. He thought she slept, but as soon as he became tense, she woke up.

"Alpha Bertrand wants to see me early in the morning. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." Then he gathered her close and told her to sleep.

The next morning, Rayan arose early and headed to the alpha home. Suni was sleeping and he was careful not to wake her. He didn't want her worrying about anything. Brecken was so in tune with his brother that Rayan was not surprised when Brecken appeared beside him.

"What's wrong? Don't lie to me." Brecken demanded.

"Alpha Bertrand wants to see me this morning, and I don't know why. Go home, I'll be fine." Rayan dismissed his brother.

Brecken smiled, "Nope, we go see him together. Let's go." He demanded. Both brothers vanished to the alpha home. The twins arrived, and Bertrand was waiting He needed to learn all he could about Zena Kimber.

As Rayan and Brecken walked in, Bertrand greeted them and Serene stopped by and hugged each young man. They sensed her worry and knew this was something serious. "Alpha, what has happened?" Brecken asked.

Bertrand took a breath, "Zena escaped police custody. Serene believes she has focused on the pack."

Rayan and Brecken shared a look, If Zena wanted someone in this pack, they were certain it was their families that she targeted..

"The police will come by and Rayan I need you to talk to them. Brecken, I need you to help provide extra security for the weaker members of the pack."He ordered. Brecken nodded and then Bertrand told them to go to breakfast with their mates. Serene sent Bertrand a mental hug and he relaxed. He looked at the two males before him and was proud. These two men were a testament to the man that raised them, and he knew they would do whatever it took to protect the pack.

Andrew entered and Bertrand sighed relieved. His pack was equipped to handle any situation. This rogue wolf would be dealt with and quickly and hopefully permanently. Bertrand sighed, he could feel every emotion each member of his pack projected, and he sensed that his newest member were uneasy. He sent both Mari and Suni gentle hug and faced other males, "There is no reason to upset the women. Go, join your families for breakfast. Besides, your parents are here, we mustn't keep them waiting." He added. Rayan and Brecken groaned, Mum would have questions and they'd better be ready to answer.

The men nodded and joined their mates.

Brecken arrived home to find that his mates had singlehandedly dressed both toddlers and had them sitting calmly waiting to go to breakfast. "Wait, how?' He stammered. Mari smiled; Brecken chuckled as Naru reached for him, "Never mind."

"What's going on?" She asked.

Brecken started to say it was nothing serious, but he had never lied to her before and he would not start now. "A rogue wolf is in our territory and Alpha Bertrand wants everyone to be extra cautious."

Mari frowned, she had one more question, but the children rushed in and were ready to go. So she kept her thoughts to herself. Allowing her mate to help her out the door, the small unit of four journeyed to the dining hall. Upon entering, Naru and Dreya sought out their grandparents immediately.

Meanwhile, Rayan was worried, but masked his thoughts. Entering their small abode, Rayan found Suni waiting for him, and he smiled. His mate gave him reason finally be happy.

"Rayan, what did Alpha Bertrand want?" She asked.

He never lied to her and would not start now. "Zena has escaped and he wants us to take precautions." Suni gasped. Zena was crazy. Rayan pulled her into his arms and whispered, "You have no need to fear. She won't get near you or anyone in our family." Suni relaxed. She wanted to believe him, but he was not there the day she attacked Tasha. She was vicious and cunning. If Zena wanted to, she would find a way inside. Suni felt anger, unlike anything she had ever felt before. If Zena thought to harm her family, then she had to go through her first. She was not hiding in the shadows any more.

"Suni let me deal with her. You have our daughters to think about. I will protect you." Rayan whispered. At that moment, Suni felt her child's apprehension and she knew her anger frightened her. I'm sorry love. I didn't mean to scare you. It's alright. Mommy will keep you safe. she sent. The babe relaxed and she and Rayan joined their family for breakfast.

Serene sat with Conor and Caitlyn. They rested well and were excited to tour the compound. Curiously, Conor asked about Bertrand. Serene explained that Bertrand was dealing with a pack issue, and the MacLean's walked with her to the dining hall. Several pack members had arrived, but their sons had not arrived yet. Caitlyn read her friend. Although, Serene masked her thoughts, Caitlyn knew something was wrong.

Caitlyn, we are guest. This is an issue within the pack, we will not interfere.Conor sent. Caitlyn smiled at him and he knew that she was going to find out what was going on. Conor sighed as Andrew and Gao came in and greeted them.

The day went on with minimum disruptions. At breakfast, Conor announced that he needed all pack members to be extra cautious. He didn't go into details, and the pack members dispersed and went on with their day. He arranged for Serene to show Caitlyn and Conor around while he dealt with some pressing issues. Mari and Gao reported to their work areas. Suni wanted to stay with her parents, but she had responsibilities as well. Brecken left for his job late as he met with the betas to make sure security was increased tenfold.

Conor and Andrew reported to his office and Rayan joined him. As they waited, three officers stopped by. They asked that Rayan come to the precinct to talk with the state psychologist and help determine a psychological profile on Zena. The state psychologist was there and had just received his report that she was uncooperative from the day before. Rayan doubted his input would help, but he'd do whatever it took to get her off of the streets. The men greeted each other as Rayan entered the precinct, and several betas went out to search for the dangerous female.

Brecken checked in on his mate and she was working. However, it was near her break time and she wanted to walk. He told her to make sure she was not alone and to stay within the compound. He then alerted Madam Serene.

Caitlyn was with Serene and she could tell something was bothering the Alpha Bitch. It was when she sent extra females to accompany Mari on a brief walk that Caitlyn's concern grew and she now wanted answers.

Meanwhile, Rayan was at the precinct as the state psychologist disclosed her findings. She had not examined Zena, but based on the reports she'd been given, she determined that Zena was extremely dangerous. The psychologist explained, "Zena has a condition known as paranoid personality disorder. She also suffers from delusion of grandeur. In her mind, everything that has gone wrong in her life is because of her family from the south. She walked away from them, but in her mind they wronged her severely. She will want someone else to suffer as she has. I'm not sure how long she has hidden this disorder. From what I have read, it seems she was severely abused. These injuries may have come from some sort of trauma in her childhood. I suggested that she be transferred the state facility days ago, but we needed another consult. Dr. MacLean, that's why we sent her to you. Sadly, she has regressed, and I fear she could harm someone. We need to find her before someone's hurt. This is paramount." The doctor took a deep breath. "Gentleman, I must tell you this, she won't come willingly, and more than likely she will either kill someone or get herself killed. Just be prepared."

Rayan froze,If Zena wanted to blame someone for whatever she suffered, then he knew she was after his family. Not wanting to reveal his true nature, Rayan subjugated his beast that wanted to break free and find the bitch. The doctor finished and Rayan excused himself immediately, and contacted Alpha Bertrand. As he returned home, he sent to Brecken and his brother met him. Rayan shared what he learned, and Brecken knew, Mari, Suni, and the children needed to be protected.

Bertrand met with them as soon as they returned to the compound. Rayan shared his belief with the alpha. Bertrand assigned guards and sent out scouts. Bertrand asked both young men to not alert their parents. This was a pack matter and they needed to deal with it in house. The men agreed. Mom and dad were here. They most definitely did not need them to learn about this.

Caitlyn and Conor joined Serene for lunch. They were happy when the girls and Gao joined them. Although Serene never even hinted, Caitlyn felt that something was wrong. After lunch, Mari wanted to walk again, and Gao and Suni volunteered to join her. Caitlyn insisted that she and Serene come along. Serene called for a full guard. They had no idea where the rogue was hiding and she was not taking chances.

Brecken and the other males were alerted. However, with Conor and Caitlyn visiting, the wolves decided not to alarm their guest. All of the females were ordered to travel in groups; the men would watch them diligently.

Caitlyn was not fooled. Something upset her sons and she was curious. She asked Serene, but the Alpha bitch told her it was being handled. Soon after taking a short walk, Mari wanted go home and nap. Suni had to help clean, but she was ordered to go rest as well, so the two young women excused themselves. Serene sent a command.Suni and Mari, I want you to stay in one place together. I'll send Madison to sit with the two of you.

Yes, Alpha. Mari replied.

Caitlyn knew she gave them some kind of command. Something was wrong. Her dragon demanded to be released, and she complied. Sending her senses forward, she scanned the lands around them and she found her. A she wolf, hiding near the pack lands. The bitch was huddled inside a cave sleeping, and her aura was deep orange. It was a clear sign that she was not well.

Caitlyn believed this she wolf was a threat to the pack, her pack. Well, her sons and their mates were part of this pack, so that made this her business. She told Serene she needed to rest as well and returned to her room. Once she was away from her friend, Caitlyn appeared behind the she wolf that hid in the cave. She remained invisible. The woman had no clue someone was so close.

Caitlyn listened as she talked to herself.

"I'm insane. I'm crazy. They blamed me. Oh, not the alpha, right. The alpha that did anything and anybody he wanted. He even handpicked bitches for his sons. He got these two dumb bitches pregnant and then made sure they ended up mated to men they don't deserve. I told him the truth about himself. And I get thrown out." The she bitch sniffed. "He threw me out like I was trash, garbage. The last laugh is on me, though. Suni, that whore, everyone thinks she's so fucking sweet, so innocent. I wonder does her mate know that she went after that old fart. She fucked him on his desk in his office. The other bitch, Mari was fucking him for years. They thought no one knew, but I did. Hell, even when Lavinia went after him, she was too damn late. Mari had already branded him." Zena laughed to herself.

"They cheered when I was banned. They all stood and watched as I was kicked out of my home. Those whores of Alphonso were so happy I'm done," She chuckled, "They are wrong. I deserved a good mate, a decent man, but Alphonso denied me that. He finds a place for his two whores and blesses them." Zena shook. "Abettia, Saint Abettia, even found love in the arms of a fair-were, the very race he hates."

Tears of frustration ran down her cheeks, as Caitlyn witnessed her wolf come to the forefront. Her eyes glowed golden, devoid of life. "I'm here human. They will pay for mistreating us." She explained. "We will die, but we won't die alone. We'll take one of those bitches with us." The wolf's eyes glowed and stared directly at Caitlyn. Caitlyn knew she did not see her, but Caitlyn seethed with anger. She read the she wolf before her and realized the woman no longer had a soul; she was simply void.

Caitlyn started to leave when Zena spoke once more, "I'm dying, might die today, but one of those two bitches are going with me." She vowed. Those two heffas are weak. In a few more days, Massa oops, Alpha Bertrand would be informing Alphonso of a death. He will be so hurt but then he'll know everyone pays."

Then she walked out of the cave and to the city. Caitlyn started to follow her when Conor called her name. He knew she had gone out to search, so she returned to the compound. She needed to speak with Serene. She knew where the strange woman was. She was a threat to her family and if the wolves did not end her she would.

Serene saw her friend's face when she entered her office.

"How much do you know, Caitlyn?" She asked,

"I know she plans to kill one of my daughters. I know she is fucking insane. And I know I will make sure she is no longer a threat when I leave." Caitlyn answered.

"Caitlyn, this is not your territory. You can't harm her." Serene reminded her friend.

"She hates Suni and Mari. I stood in her lair and listened to her plot against them. It took everything in me not to kill her on the spot. When my sons came here, you promised to make sure my sons were safe. Now I ask that you allow me the same courtesy for my daughters and their unborn children." Caitlyn explained.

Conor and Bertrand walked into Serene's office.

"Love, our children are safe here. Bertrand is a great leader. They can handle this." Conor assured his mate.

"You did not hear her. She knows she will die, and she plans to take one of them with her." Caitlyn's eyes glowed.

Conor tried to calm his mate when Layton and Aidan called. Mother was upset and that meant someone threatened them. Conor assured his sons that everything was under control. Caitlyn finally agreed to let the wolves deal with Zena. However, she did disclose the location of the cave the woman resided in. Not wasting another minute, Bertrand sent scouts out to secure the cave.

Zena hid out all day. Humans were pathetic. After entertaining herself at the expense of them, she returned to the cave. Something was not right. She scented wolves in the area and her sixth sense was telling her to move on. Never being known as slow, she listened, and her lair was abandoned. The scouts reported that Zena did not return to the cave.

That was all Caitlyn needed to hear, so she called her sons.

"Boys, there is a threat to your families. I need you to protect my daughters and my grand pups. I cannot interfere and I won't but rely on your dragons and find this woman. Find her before she takes someone away from me." She pleaded.

Brecken and Rayan shared a look. They were wolves, but they were also dragon. Alpha Bertrand, we request permission to find the she wolf. they sent.

Bertrand was in his office. He had talked with Ryelle, and Ryelle was ready to send reinforcements. He realized something. He had secret weapons. He had two dragons.Find her. Bring her here alive. I want to speak with her first.

"Mother, will you stay with Mari tonight. She is so close to giving birth, and I don't like leaving her alone." Brecken requested. Caitlyn agreed and both sons vanished.

Using their dragons, it did not take long for them to locate Zena. They were familiar with her scent because Rayan was drenched in her smell on yesterday.

The she wolf was wiry and elusive. The pack members became frustrated. The search went into the night, with a second team taking over at dawn.

Mari slept fitfully. Brecken was out and she was worried. A rogue wolf was a dangerous animal. Meanwhile, Zena knew they were on to her. She moved around, but she was determined that either Suni or Mari would pay.

She sat in an open restaurant and watched as members of Bertrand search. Fools, all of them. They think they will stop me. No, someone has to suffer as much as I have.

The wolves and police searched. Zena was extra careful. She was hungry, so she snuck into a local deli and swiped some food. Humans were so gullible, it amazed her that they thought they were superior people.

Then shifting and using traffic as a cover, Zena went back to the compound. She saw Mari. Pregnant, the bitch is pregnant? She thought with glee. That's even better; She can't fight or run.

She waited. She had to attack now. She knew the pack was alert and they would end her.

Sneaking into the compound, Zena found her way to Mari's home. All she needed was a minute. She waited by the door. As soon as the bitch stepped outside, she was ripping her throat out.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,298 Followers