Brownwood: I Dreamed Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Figures it'd be Alabama. I had someone look into all her relatives. I'd have suspected it would've been California though."

He glared at Zach.

"Listen, asshole, you'd better not be lying to me. I go and she's not there, my first call will be to people you don't want to meet."

Zach looked at him and said calmly, "I don't buy the big drug connection bullshit, Ty."

A dark mocking smile spread across Ty's face.

"She always said your nickname was 'Brain' maybe there's something to it. Nah, asshole, you're not dealing with some drug cartel. But you are dealing with me and some friends who are crazy enough to do whatever it takes to get our money back.

"If you doubt me, you could ask that slut, Autumn. Of course she isn't talking much now. Seems we changed her outlook on life." Ty laughed. "Now that she's lost her looks, she'll have to wear a mask just to get laid."

"The 700k was bullshit too?" Zach asked, grimacing.

"Well..." Ty grinned. "It was a bit exaggerated. It was a couple hundred thousand, but we found most of it with Autumn, but that doesn't give my whore of an ex-wife a free pass. And, Zeke?"

Ty glared.

"The bitch better be there or I'll make good on my promises. You understand?"

Zach leaned back as he saw a man, who had to be one of the undercover cops, move into position. Sheriff Olsen must've had enough to put Ty away now.

Ty cursed to himself as he stared more closely at the crucifix around Zach's neck. He glared at Zach as he slowly reached for his gun.

"Damn, I must be losing it," he growled. "That thing around your neck is a Catholic crucifix. And, asshole, I doubt that you're Catholic. That better not be what I think it is or your ass is dead."

There was a pause then Zach heard the bullhorn.

"Freeze! Johnson County Sheriff ..."

Zach dove behind his car as he heard the summer night explode with gunfire. His back and chest felt like they were being seared as two white hot pokers burrowed into his back. The intense pain began to wash over him as he fell to the ground.

Shannon! He wordlessly screamed, unable to find his voice. Mercifully, the darkness overtook him.

*****

12