Burning Embers Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked at Cora. She avoided my gaze, but I could guess her choice. I didn't want to leave Thio. Maybe at first I would have, but now I know I could never leave him. Could never go back to my old life with memories of him and feel complete. I needed him.

"I wish to stay," I said, still looking at Cora. Thio's arms constricted around me until I couldn't breathe. "Can't. Breathe."

I gasped for breath as his arms loosened and he murmured apologies against my neck. Cora hadn't looked at me still.

"And your choice," Thio asked Cora.

"I want to go back," she whispered. She finally looked up at me. Tears were in her eyes. "I want you to go back with me."

"I can't. Maybe at the beginning I could have, but I can't now. I want to stay."

Cora's shoulders slumped and she let out a sob.

"What if I told you there is a third choice?" I whipped my head around to look at Thio.

"What third choice?" I demanded.

"That you could visit Cora from time to time." It was a compromise. He was willing to compromise with me.

"Then I take the third option. I wish to stay, but I would love to visit."

Cora looked up, hope in her eyes.

"The condition is that only Cora will know you, and you will only know Cora. The rest can't know. And while you might never see any one of us, the visits will be supervised."

"I'm okay with that," I answered honestly.

"Then it's settled." Thio helped me stand and got to his feet.

"It's time for you to go home, Cora. We have some paper work to do first, then you are on your way."

Thio stepped in line with Cora and guided her to the door. Thio turned to me before walking through and smiled at me. Relief and maybe even love in his eyes. I was content with the outcome as he stepped through the door and disappeared.

12