By Invitation Only

Story Info
Discovered invitation leds to an unexpected encounter.
8k words
4.71
34.3k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LadyAria
LadyAria
58 Followers

*Special thanks to Endcredits for his editing and feedback*

*

She would have left had she not felt the heartbeat of the building pulsing under her hand. Standing in an elaborate peacock costume in front of a dilapidated warehouse, she thought how ridiculous she must look. But, she reminded herself, inhibited women do not stand on public streets in feathers. Her ex obviously was wrong about her. She could and would change. Balling her fingers into a fist, she rapped at the door feeling ready to retreat if not quickly answered. Three feet from the wet asphalt, a white theater mask with an elongated nose revealed itself through a small window. Two brown eyes rolled over her as she held up the invitation.

She found the invitation wedged in the back of the drawer that had once contained her former boyfriend's clothes. It'd been a couple of months since she dumped those items into a garbage bag and thrown them at him as he walked into the apartment they had shared. Closing her eyes, she could still remember the image of a nude female smiling as she intertwined around her ex-lover's frame. The asshole had actually taken photographs of his affairs. Finding a whole scrapbook, she flipped through his indiscretions one page at a time. The sound of the door sliding open released her from the familiar path her mind was wandering.

She stared down at the figure in the doorway. The white mask fit oddly on the oversized head of a dwarf in a tuxedo with a top hat. Accustomed to people staring, the dwarf narrowed his hardened eyes. He reached out his tiny white-gloved hand in expectation.

"Excuse me?" She could not take her eyes off the hat that almost doubled his height.

"Card, Lady." His voice was deep with unusual pitch changes.

"I'm sorry. I ..."

"Nobody gets to keep 'em. Host decides who comes back or not," he responded, beckoning the invitation.

"Yes, of course, I was just going ask..."

"No answers here, Ma'am. Don't see nothing. Don't know nothing." The rude little man pulled the invitation free.

She opened her mouth to ask again about the place she had just entered, but he motioned her away. Soddering off to a small stool by the door, he faded into the shadows. Alone, she walked deeper into the lush hall. Stubbing her toe on a stone planter, Melody steadied herself against the plush purple wallpaper silently cursing. With the other hand, she reached down to rub her injury before moving away from the guilty Kentia palm tree. She looked about the foyer to consider the contrast between the neglected facade and the rich interior. Melody knew the anxiety little Alice in Wonderland must have felt falling down the rabbit hole. She was experiencing the same sensation being crowded by her costumed likeness trapped in various mirrors hanging at odd heights on the walls. Fleeing to the end of the hall, she pushed back the heavy parlor curtains to the main room. The massive ballroom projected a scene that could have been straight out of a medieval masquerade ball if not for Evanescene's song "Bring Me to Life" pouring through the modern sound system.

A fever enveloped the menagerie of costumed strangers dancing as the singer's lyrical plead echoed the beat of their steps. Like a diamond cut of rainbows, the disco ball rained down a thousand droplets of light. Silhouettes flickered against the walls as smoke curled about the floor. Swollen metallic balloons bounced over Fairytales figures brought to life by sequins, feathers and beads.

Many in attendance chose beautiful costumes of angels, princesses, and knights. Others were wanton and wild in animalistic attire. Few dressed in a more peculiar and strange styles. Even fewer were frightening and downright morbid as if finding delight in the freak-show attractions of old time carnivals. They turned, moved and danced like they were caught in a dream.

A nervous anticipation percolated in her stomach. Standing at the entrance, she recalled the words from the invitation: "Incognito: Mask & Costume Required. Invitation only". Not in her wildest dreams would she have imagined that her impromptu decision would lead to this. Knowing her ex, she would have guessed the invitation would have led to some private uptown spot. She figured she'd get a taste of the dark side with few witnesses. She would prove to herself that he had been wrong about her. She was no prude. She just needed to find something to set her free. Now here, she would have never thought a place like this existed. Strangely, it seemed like the key she was looking for to unlock herself.

People must have come from all over as hundreds packed the main room. Spiral staircases led up to metal grate balconies containing even more partygoers. It was like the whole city was packed inside of the club. The decadence mesmerized Melody freezing her at the door. She had definitely found her way into a Wonderland, though not Alice's. It was a playground for adults freeing the participants to be whatever their heart desired.

She had chosen to be a beautiful bird. A glorious peacock tail that spread out around her like starshine surrounded her shapely body. Each feather cast the sparkle of fireworks. Tied around her dark hair, a bird mask shielded half her face. The yellow beading of the small curved beak brought out her amber eyes making their cat shape look more exotic.

Suddenly, a hand reached out and pulled her into the crowd before she could react. The man who grabbed her hand was an incredible sight. A red feather plume shot from the side of his crimson hat as large as his shoulders were broad. Standing six feet five inches tall, he wore a renaissance-style jacket and fitted pants in the gaudiest of red velvet. A gold cloak rippled in the air over his left shoulder as they danced. She was taken back by the contrast of the mask, as he pulled her close. Instead of feathers or simple silk, he wore a grotesque partial skull that covered the top of his face. Fascinating and horrific, the mask begged her to reach out and touch the monstrosity.

"Lovely tail." His rich baritone voice relaxed her as he spoke directly into her ear. He maneuvered his hand close to the small of her back, drawing near to the feathers blooming from the curve of her bottom.

"You like it?" She purred enjoying the warmth of his touch.

"What?" He shouted back with a smile.

"YOU LIKE IT?" she raised her voice over the noise.

"Oh, I do," he said. "Are you here with anyone?"

"No," she answered enjoying the flicker of light in his eyes.

"Who brought you here?" he asked his interest growing. "How do you know about my establishment?"

"Your establishment?" She asked surprised. "You own this place? What is it?"

"Heaven for sinners," he winked back.

"Seriously?" she spoke in the direction of his ear as he folded her back into his arms. Her hands sliding down his arms feeling the masculine ridges.

"What did you think it was?" His mouth pulled slightly to the right creating a dimple in his cheek.

Her mind failed her as to give her a clever response. The motion of their bodies took the words from her mouth. Pressed against the velvet expanse of his solid chest, she felt the heat of attraction making her glow.

"You know where you are, right? Why they come here?" the edges of his mouth fell as he straightened to his full height.

"No," she said dismissively back despite his changing demeanor.

"Where did you get an invitation?" he asked a little too seriously.

"My ex's drawer. I found it and thought..." her words pinched off by the grip of his hand pulling her from the dance floor.

"You shouldn't be here. Do you want to get into trouble?" his voice demanded a response.

"I'm not a child. Take your hands off on me," she snapped, pulling her arm free from his grasp. "So, I crashed your fancy dress up party. For fuck sake, I'll just leave. You don't have to be a condescending asshole. I've had all of that I can take lately."

He paused and a grin slowly crawled back across his lips.

"Ex, huh, you come here checking up? Wanting to see who he's bangin' now?" he laughed enjoying his little joke at her expense. "He liked getting a little bit of the strange on the side then?"

"Don't laugh at me," she glared back at his mocking. She fought the urge to smack the mask off his smug face. "What my ex did or didn't do is none of your damn business."

"Oh, so sorry," he seemed only half-sincere. "Maybe you didn't know?"

"I'm not an idiot," she spit out her contempt. The talk of her ex had made her temper a little quicker then normal.

"No, of course not." He lost his smile for a brief moment. "Let's start again. You have a lovely tail. I've always been a fan of peacocks."

She had forgotten about her attire. Her hand went unconsciously to the turquoise feathers closely intertwined over her bustier that matched her black thong.

"Really," she cooed, "Why don't I give you a better look?"

She spun slowly letting his eyes take in every sparkling detail. Feeling more like a lioness then a peacock, she strutted, enjoying his apparent admiration. She was attracted to the man even if his attitude could use some work. After all, she came here to exercise some carnal demons, not to find her Prince Charming. Tonight, she would drink deeply from the well of earthly pleasures and let reason shine its caustic light in the morning.

"Now, I stay," her words were more a statement then a question.

"Yes, but I don't believe you are fully aware of..."

"I am fully aware of you," she slid closer not wanting to leave.

"As I am you. However, I need to know was really brought you here, if not spying on the ex?" he eyed her curiously.

"Honestly, I don't know..to be someone else for a little while? Do something wild?"

"Ahhh, I see." He shook his head in agreement with her statement.

"Yes," she hesitated, "What exactly is this place?"

"Think of it as a house of fantasy."

"I see," she looked about the large room not really catching his full meaning. "Are there drinks in this house?"

He waved at a curvy cat woman with ebony skin holding a tray. The leather-clad feline blew off a muscular Egyptian jackal to whom she had been speaking. Stretching out her long legs, her stiletto heels carried her to his side. Standing a little too close, her long nails traced his shoulder as she brushed her large breast against him as he spoke. Melody could understand the woman's reaction. His fitted pants outlined his muscular thighs and buttocks in a way that would make a nun break her vows. Narrow at the waist, the lines of his body expanded outward to accommodate a well-developed chest and shoulders. Drawing her eyes upward, she judged his hair to be longer then average and unruly. His hat and ears seemed to be fighting to keep raven tangles in their place. Obtaining two glasses of red wine, he turned his back to a very displeased pussycat. Melody half expected the woman to hiss at her. Instead, the slighted kitty slinked back into the crowd stealing glances as she left.

"So, why costumes?" Melody queried watching the retreating cat tail.

"Who could resist being someone ...or something else?" he enjoyed the way her eyes roved over him. "It is what you want, isn't it?"

"Yes, I guess a certain anonymity does bring out the devil in us all " she said directing his attention to the bar.

A group of partygoers gathered around a female harlequin whose cleavage cradled a shot for a man in donkey suit. A young blonde man slid off an exaggerated donkey head and set it on the bar before giving his friends a signal. Then, he directed his attention back to the jovial harlequin and leaned forward to lick the salt from her neck. With a certain expertise, he plucked the liquor free from her valley of her breast before the liquid disappeared down his throat. Flinging the empty glass to the counter, the man picked up his companion and spun her around sucking out the lemon wedge from her lips. A cheer roared up from the crowd as the harlequin snatched back the rind with her teeth. The young man responded by carrying her back to the bar and motion for another round.

Feeling him draw near, she turned closing the gap between them. She wanted to touch the curl peeking out from behind his ear.

"They do know how to have a good time," his voice dropped an octave.

"Who?" she responded without thinking.

"My guests," he smiled looking over her mask like it held the capacity for expressions.

"Oh...yes...looks like fun," she glanced toward the bar.

"We could have fun," he reached out to touch the tiny curved beak. "We could have a lot of fun."

"Yes, we could." Her stomach fluttered at the suggestion. "What's your name?"

"Bad girl...house rules. No names," he tapped her beak to punctuate the remark.

"House rules? Who made those up?"

"I did. My house, my rules."

"I guess I'll just have to call you Big Daddy?" she suggested half-joking.

He leaned into her in response to the remark. She waited for the words to come or something more as he lingered inches from her face. Through his cadaverous covering, his eyes were shades of green and blue twisting like a kaleidoscope. The color was hypnotizing. His chin was square and slightly dusted with fresh stubble. She could smell red wine on his breath. On his upper lip, a tiny vertical scar lined the right peak. The bottom lip was plump and perfect for kissing. Her own mouth began to tremble in anticipation.

"Are you feeling the devil tonight?" he spoke the words against her lips making her mouth slightly part.

Nervous excitement hung in the air as their eyes held each other. Every inch of her tingled, but the tension mounted as neither moved. She decided to play his game. Her hand slid across his shoulder, and found the fold of his collar. Slipping under his jacket, she traced his collarbone with her fingers. A thunder moved through her palm making her wonder if it was her heart or his pounding. Then, she moistened her bottom lip with the tip of her tongue and turned her half-closed eyes to him.

"Yes, and he feels divine," she whispered holding their proximity for a moment before slowly drawing back.

He wanted to reach out, to reciprocate. A heat bubbled from deep inside him to linger between them. Lust violently ripped through him. Seduction gleamed in her gaze. She was undeniably intriguing to him. It was a policy of his to never mix with the clientele. However, she wasn't really an invited guest, which left enough gray area to justify his actions. She wanted him now and that would suffice. How often did he really let himself enjoy his own house? He wanted to make her plump lips moan. She slid her wine glass back into his hand before slipping away from him.

"Not so fast," she taunted walking backwards. "You really think I'm going to make it that easy?"

"No ... I," he stammered, frustrated by the retreat.

Bounding into the crowd, she looked over her shoulder and blew him a kiss. As if by cue, a wall of falling confetti separated them. Instantly, the mob went mad reaching toward the heavens. Bouncing bodies pressed against and folded around her. She weaved her way like an electric eel through the mass as adrenaline pumped through her veins. From the rafters, men swung from ropes dumping buckets of silver paper. A large moon hung overhead drawing her attention. Losing herself in the madness of the moment, she decided to follow the smiling lunar face and hoped he was still in pursuit.

Waving like feathered fingers, her tail marked her winding progress through the sea of people. Once the confetti cleared to a trickle, he handed off the empty glasses to a confused man. Then, he plunged into the dance floor after her. He watched as the peacock eyes bobbed right and then left. Exiting into a hallway, she made her escape. It was all surreal to him. When he should be minding his business, he was chasing some little tart like a third grader. However, the pull he felt when she walked through that door was undeniable. A primitive instinct seized better judgment and exiled it for the evening.

Her shadow cast long down the hall. Realizing too late that she'd separated from the crowd, she thought about turning back. However, a motion deep in the corridor caught her attention. A faint light traced the outline of two figures huddled together. Curiosity getting the better of her, she pressed back into the wall trying to avoid drawing attention. Straining to hear, she barely made out the whispers of the couple.

"Please..." a young male voice pleaded. A mumble excitedly answered back as slender arms emphatically gestured. The girl was very small with unusually long hair. The shadows melted into one as more muffled words were exchanged. "Yes," a feminine voice rose from a hush. Her answer slipped by on the cool breeze suddenly blowing past Melody. They had opened a door at the end of the hallway. A hint of stairs showed through the doorframe as a puddle of light flooded the floor. A tall young man in a pirate costume led the way as a striking pastel fairy held on to his arm. Putting her index finger over her mouth, the fairy turned her glittering pale blue mask in Melody's direction. Then, the light was swallowed by blackness with the close of the door. In the new darkness, Melody heard her pursuer approach.

"Come out. Come out, wherever you are," his voice echoed strangely off the walls as a Smashing Pumpkins song played in the distance.

Turning in his direction, Melody felt her skin flush with excitement.

"Here," she spoke softly focusing her attention on him. The plume from his hat almost touched the ceiling as his presence filled the entire hall. She couldn't help but think he reminded her of a gothic hero. He was dark, dangerous and mysterious. All the things that aren't supposed to make a good girl hot.

"What did you see?" he replied positioning directly in front of her. Placing his hands on the wall, he boxed her in with his arms. Her scent was spicy and heavy with jasmine. Her doe-like stare made him want to plunge into her tight little body.

"Nothing...just... a distraction," she decided it was better to not try to explain about the couple she had been eavesdropping. Besides, he was looming so very close.

"Is that what you want...a distraction?" his words came out heavy.

"Yes" she replied as her fingers traced the bony contour of his mask.

With her other hand, she slid off his hat. His ebony locks hair fell in loose waves she caught between her fingers. Soft and silky, the strands slipped through her grasp springing free into lazy curls. He shook his head tossing the hair out of his eyes. Looking down at her, soft light fell across the right side of his face making the hollows of his eyes dark and leaving the left side in shadow.

"You look spooky in this light," her voice was barely audible.

"Do I frighten you?"

"No"

"Then why are you shaking?"

"I don't know."

"I do."

He did not let her speak, but captured her words in his kiss. Coaching her mouth open, he brushed the inside of her bottom lip with his own. She opened wider for him. The taste of wine had never been so sweet as it was on him. Like a strong hand on a tired back, the circular motions of his tongue relaxed her in places she hadn't know where tight. The goose-bumped flesh arms rose in rippled salute as her nipples contracted. He grasped the left cup of her bustier pulling it down to free her breast. He cupped it in his hand as he worked down her chest in a path of hungry kisses. She fought against her innate sense of propriety.

"I don't know him. We are in public. Someone will catch me," she thought.

Instead of controlling her desire, the thought made it flare. She'd come here looking for a night to remember. Now, given the opportunity, she needed to seize the moment. Pushing against his growing erection, she ground her hips ground against his pelvis. He wrapped his mouth around her hardened nipples and lightly scraped his teeth. The tender skin stung with pleasure. Feeling her release the zipper of her shorts in open invitation, he slid his fingers into her parting the folds of her inner flesh to find her clit. Pinching it between his first knuckles, he drew out and back. The air hissed as she sucked it in between her teeth.

LadyAria
LadyAria
58 Followers