By The Sea, Gently

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His first solo, my first ever promise to him -- kept.

I'm watching his little wings as he taxis back to the ramp, to me, and -- I hear it then.

A voice so familiar to me now, then laughter.

I know that voice, I tell myself. And that's Liz laughing, here on the wind all around me.

And then I feel her behind me again, close now, closer than forever, and I feel her hands on my shoulders, then her arms as she comes closer still, as then she's all around me -- again -- the way it should be.

"You forgive me?"

It's a whisper, really, just something passing on the wind. Then I feel something pinch me on the ass as a whirling gust crosses the ramp, and another gale of laughter comes for me...

...as Ben turns and brakes to a stop. He sets the parking brake and retracts the flaps, then opens his door and runs into my arms. I feel her there with us under the sun, and while I'm not sure whose tears I feel on my face, now I understand a father's pride -- and her's, too.

*

(C)2016 Adrian Leverkühn | abw | this is a work of fiction, of course, though a few names and places have been changed to protect the guilty.

  • COMMENTS
35 Comments
Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 7 years ago
Damn onion cutting ninjas...

Thanks for a great story and a change of pace on here.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
I always kind of hate tragedy stories...

But only because I hate tragedies...

This seemed to be an excellent story, notwithstanding...

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A work of art, and love. Thank You.

The only slip was when he asked her if she ever really loved him. From everything else you described about these people, and their relationship, that was a really stupid question. You're forgiven.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

A memorable love story! Gave it a 5 on the first read and would give another if I

could! Thank you for the handling of death of a loved one so well. Again, it was and is a pleasure to read your stories. Wish I had the nerve and was half as talented as you.

Will look forward to future works. Thank you. jntiques

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not the best you've done

Not the worst, but not the best.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Save One Love Adopted daughter helps wounded father find love.in Romance
The Rehab Following one's dreams.in Romance
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
The Promise Promises are meant to be kept.in Romance
Hero's Reward One brave deed holds the key to unlocking a scarred heart.in Romance
More Stories