C. O. C., Inc. Ch. 01

Story Info
Cutout Cops takes cardboard to a new crime fighting level.
1k words
4.28
17.2k
1
3

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/22/2022
Created 12/26/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Are you tired of crime and criminals? Are you afraid to walk the streets of your own neighborhood? Are you tired of telling your loved ones to be careful and worrying about them until they safely return home? Do you have that foreboding feeling and fitful fear that the worse will happen and befall your loved one or you when you least expect it? Are you tired of living in fear? Isn't it time we take back our streets and our neighborhoods? Isn't it time we took our outrage and beat the criminals over the head with it until they packed up and left?

I have an idea for a business. No, even though the thought is an appealing one, I am not suggesting vigilantism. For those who are thinking about stealing my idea and using it for their own personal gain, it's too late. I've already patented it and the company is already started. Nonetheless, there is no reason why you cannot start your own similar company selling a similar product. That's what this great country is all about anyway, free enterprise and healthy competition. Go for it and take your best shot. Who knows, maybe, I'll get some ideas from your business and copy your product?

Every city across America is plagued with violent gangs, horrible crime, and hardened criminals. Vandalism, car thefts, rapes, robberies, assaults, guns, drugs, and prostitution afflict every community from the very poor to very wealthy and every other community in between. You are safe nowhere, not in your car, in your house, at your job, at your school or even at your church of worship. There is no place to safely hide because crime and criminals will find you. Whether you like it or not, chances are you will be a victim.

People who have lived in a community for 30 years have watched their neighborhoods erode to the point where they are afraid to walk their own streets even in broad daylight. Inner city crime has touched everyone everywhere to the point that the police have given up and forfeited some of the most troubled areas to the criminals. It is a sound strategy, so long as the criminals stay in the forfeited areas and kill one another, which is what they generally do. It is when the crime and the criminals try and branch out to adjourning communities that the borders are tightened and the line is drawn in the asphalt with crackdowns, early morning surprise busts, and arrests.

We all have a sad story to tell. If you are a victim of violent crime, write me. I want to hear your story and I will tell you mine. We all have a story to tell. What's your story?

Anyway, with not enough money in the budgets for public safety, there are not enough police officers to handle every hot spot and to answer every 911 call in a timely way. Do you know how long it takes to make a drug buy? Seconds. Do you know how long it takes to pick up a prostitute? Gone in a flash. Do you know how long it takes the police to respond? Too long.

With search and seizure on the side of the criminal and my word against your word on the side of the prostitute, the bad guys know the laws and how to twist them to their advantage. Besides, even if they are caught red-handed and arrested, the courts are overwhelmed and the jails overpopulated. Most get off with a fine and are back out on the streets within hours doing their business as usual until they are caught again. Police are apt to turn a blind eye when they see the same felons out of jail and on the street before they can head back to the station and make out their arrest report. It's frustrating and fruitless, after all.

Based on a population of 300 million people, the 2006 United States crime statistics is a scary one. Yet, the good news is that the FBI will tell you that violent crime has declined. Yeah, tell that to the victims.

There were 17,000 murders, 92,000 rapes, 447,000 robberies, 863,000 aggravated assaults, 1.2 million stolen vehicles, 2.2 million burglaries, 6.6 million larceny thefts, and 10 million crimes involving property. Whether it happened to us personally or to our family and/or friends, we all have been directly or indirectly touched by crime and criminals. We are the army of suckers who pay for the criminals' blatant disregard for the laws and for the carnage that they leave in their wake. Either it makes you angry to take action to protect yourself or scared enough to barricade yourself in your home. Nonetheless, no matter whether crime statistics are up, down or the same, crime and criminals are a big business that continues to grow without regard to the economy being up or down.

We Americans have always taken responsibility for our own personal safety. As interpreted in our constitution, the right to bear arms started with the Minuteman in the 18th century, continued with the pioneers in the 19th century, escalated in the 20th century with America being the number one country that is armed and dangerous, and now in the 21st century, we have alarms, trained dogs, security cameras, bodyguards, self-defense classes, Guardian Angels, Hells Angels, and lots of guns from pee shooters handguns to shotguns to assault rifles.

How many of you have guns? Did you know that this country boasts more guns than people? Ah, there are those who will debate that point, generally the ones who belong to the National Rifle Association. Yet, all you have to do to get a fairly accurate count is to take the amount of registered guns in this country and triple it. The tripling of the number of registered guns will give you a fair approximation of the illegal guns that are in the hands of those who should not be armed, the convicted criminals.

To be continued...