Can There Be Peace Ch. 13

Story Info
A woman returns from the military to face her past.
15.3k words
4.68
4.4k
2
0

Part 13 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/10/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2017 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age 18. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

Author's note: A special thanks goes to Ed for his work on editing my stories. Any mistakes you find are not his fault; they are mine for not making all of the changes he recommends.

*

Karen followed Baby Girl into the back of the truck and closed it. In the semi darkness she said, "I know you want to rip me a new one and ask a lot of questions. However, can I explain what and why I did all that I did first. Then you can tear into me. Okay?"

Baby Girl nodded and then said in a scared childlike voice, "Okay."

"Love, have I ever screwed you over or hurt you on purpose other than the riding crop incident?"

Still clutching the bottle Baby Girl said, "You hurt many times before you made me yours. But that was the hurt lashing out, I understand that. You lost it a couple times in the army but that was fear talking. You abused Cat and I verbally but you were thinking only of yourself. In each case it was emotions that drove your actions. Though I deserved it many times, you never screwed me over Karen."

"Since I didn't and still don't know the extent of her powers. For example, can she think something and you do it? Or does she need to speak aloud. If she can think it, what is her range. For all I know she is thinking about how to get you to get the key and free her. Or will wait until I am not paying attention and have you kill me. I just don't know." Karen paused and said, "On a different note, are you going to hug that bottle all night or open and share it?" She felt the bottle thrust into her hands and took it. Feeling the cap missing she took a drink and handed it back before continuing.

"I had to think fast and cover all bases. First was to make her and you believe that the exits were trapped and without me, neither of you would make it out alive." Karen looked at her hands, "Okay I admit it was a fucked up thing to do to you, but when in doubt, you take the shot right?"

"Right... Tommy proved that," Baby Girl said softly.

"Since she played the part of a born again Christian to Doll, that meant she knew all about Doll's place in the sisterhood. Remember Red said she was her number two. While she may not have known much about the blood ritual, she knew of it." Karen paused and said, "I asked the Great Mother to bless my ritual as you remember. I drove an invisible and untouchable dagger into her heart. If she tried anything, it would kill her. I was able to mute her powers long enough to get her into the box and locked. I lied to you as we left because frankly I didn't know her range. Even now I am not sure, Cat, though I cleared her, is tainted and acting out of character. She knows my feelings on her snide comments and questioning me."

"The only safe thing to do is kill her Karen. I said it before and I say it now." Baby Girl said. "You know and I know it. I would even be willing to bet the Great Mother knows it." She took another drink and handed Karen the bottle.

Drinking Karen said, "I know." She handed Baby Girl the bottle back she said, "Before I go, can you forgive me my sins against you for all those years Sandy."

"I forgive you Karen," Baby Girl replied. "Does this mean you are leaving us?"

"No but I'm not sure how deeply I will be tainted. War was one thing; this is something else." Karen paused before adding in a whisper, "I'm scared."

"Then let me go with you. Bind me to the wall, but please don't do this alone sister." Baby Girl paused, "I know you think I'm tainted also. So do what you must to feel safe against me."

"What if I handed you a pistol and said kill her," Karen asked.

"You know I would kill her by hand if you asked it of me. I would bury her in the box if that is what you wish. But please Karen, let me be with you in the end."

Before Karen could answer the rear cover top opened and Cat looked in, "So would I. Please let me prove myself Mistress." She looked down and whimpered, "I didn't mean to question you."

Beside her was Lilly, "Little sister, let me deal with her. I am already damned, mother told me so when she disowned me. What more can I lose?"

"What I would rather is a solution where none of us has to kill her and of course feel safe at the same time." Karen sighed.

"Mind fuck and melt," Baby Girl said. Karen looked at her so she continued, "I know you hate it Karen, but it's the only way." She took a drink and added, "The part you will hate more is that you have be with her the whole time to make sure none of us interfere."

Karen looked at Baby Girl for a long moment before closing her eyes and nodding. "Lilly, could you get me Sherry's car keys." As the girl left she added, "The rest of you will need another place to spend the night. Cat, I'm counting or you and Baby Girl to keep your little sisters, Sherry and Eva from losing their minds." She turned to Baby Girl, "I know you want to go help, but I need you to help your sisters and Sherry most of all while we're gone." Getting out she went after her bag and passed Baby Girl and Cat coming in. She stopped at Jane and said, "Please keep an eye on the girls for me tonight, I have some unfinished business to deal with."

"From the look on your face I don't even want to know," Jane replied. "Yea I'll keep them safe Karen. You take care of yourself."

"That's what I'm for," Lilly said coming up to stand next to her.

Jane looked at Lilly and then Karen for a long moment. Turning back to Lilly she said, "I know who you really are. If anything happens to Karen, I am going to hunt you down and put a stake through your heart Lilith."

"I like you Jane, you got spunk." Lilly replied. "However two corrections, first my name is Lilly now and not Lilith. Secondly, a stake through the heart is for vampires, to kill me just decapitation or shot to the brain and frankly if anything happens to her, killing me would be a blessing."

Karen looked at Jane, "Think you could stay alert for 24 hours and stop anyone who tries to get past you and Lilly?"

"One of them may well be Baby Girl," Lilly added.

"She most likely clean my clock but I can slow her down," Jane said looking at Karen. "I don't know if anyone short of you can stop her when she is rampaging."

"Are you in?" Karen asked.

"You know the answer to that already Karen," Lilly replied. She raised her voice, "Cat, put BG on door duty, we're taking Jane with us."

"Okay Lilly," Cat replied. She went to Jane and hugged her. She kissed her cheek and whispered, "Take care of Mistress for us and trust no one other than Karen."

As they drove away Jane looked at Karen, "Just what the heck is going on?"

"I ran across a low level mind controller who managed to mind fuck the girls. I don't know how deep the taint runs but I know Cat is not acting normal even after I thought I cleaned her." She shook her head as she continued, "On another topic what are you making an hour?"

"Same as David, fifteen an hour."

"I agree; you need to continue making the same. If for nothing else than the amount of shit you put up from us." Karen laughed. "So it just doubled, you are making thirty an hour. You will dress as I say and keep on top of things. Finally, all tips will be shared with all of you."

"Are you seeing anyone now Jane?" Lilly asked from the back seat.

"Ummm, no. It was hard to be transgendered and a bouncer at the same time so I kept a low profile." Jane replied looking back at Lilly. "Why did you ask?"

"I was thinking you should take her or him out as the case may be to celebrate your raise once this mess is over. Just let me know and I'll be happy to watch the door so you can relax for a night." Lilly smiled.

Pulling up the driveway, Karen parked in front of the house instead of beside it. "Wait here," she commanded getting out and going inside.

Jane got out and looked around, "I knew Karen grew up down here but had no idea."

"Did you know her parents?" Lilly asked getting out and looking around also.

"No, she was a few years ahead of me in high school and we never hung out or anything." Jane replied. She looked at Lilly, "I heard her parents died in an auto accident. It must have been tough to be a senior and have your parents die suddenly."

"It was a bad time for her as was her tour in Afghanistan," Lilly agreed. "While Baby Girl snaps, Karen internalizes." She paused and looked down, "Mother was right, Karen has the best parts of Eve and myself."

Karen came out lugging a box. Setting it down by the car she looked at the pair, "I am trapping the way into the playroom. While you and your sisters may get through some, daddy taught me plenty of tricks that will stop all." She took a breath, "I'm telling you this so you both know not to try to join me." Turning to Jane she looked at her for a long moment before saying, "Jane, I expect at least Baby to try and join me. Not to try and stop me, but rather because of her past guilt she'll want to be by my side in the end. All I ask is don't kill her or let her kill you." She looked at Lilly, "Lilly you are here because I believe you can stand up to that bitch's power assuming she tries anything and to back up Jane." Picking up the box she said, "I made a pot of coffee army strong, my own special blend I should say. Help yourself and stay awake."

As she turned away Jane said, "Please be careful Karen."

"I will and if Lilly is smart she will make you her daughter." Karen said half turning and looking back at them.

"Karen?" Lilly asked.

Karen stopped and looked back at them, "Lilly, trust me and more importantly trust yourself. You know what to do and if you look inside you will find you are as you were." She gave a little laugh, "You never told me mother likes her little jokes."

Jane turned to Lilly, "What did she mean?"

"I gave up being a god so I could follow Karen. Then I failed her and mother disowned me." Lilly said looking at Karen. She turned to Jane, "Apparently she only put me in time out." She stepped up to Jane, "I would be honored if you would become my daughter Jane. Next to Karen, you are the first who has stood up to me in ten thousand years."

"If it will help Karen then yes. What do I need to do?" Jane asked.

"I will do everything. However, you must follow her commands since I am her slave and sister, you would become a slave to her desires also and her daughter since she and I are one. You'll understand better once I begin." Lilly said. She formed her great wings and looked up towards the sky, "Mother, please allow this woman to become our daughter. Jane is worthy of any gift that I can bestow on her." Lilly looked at Jane, "Even my life if need be."

"No Lilly, I can't let you give your life for me." Jane said. She looked up and then around, "Great Mother, you know I do not follow your path, but I refuse to allow Lilly to give up her life for me. I am not worthy or willing to follow that path." She looked at Lilly once more, "No Lilly."

"Do you see why mother? Please guide me so I don't fail Karen again," Lilly said looking down.

"Daughter, you know I try to stay out of you and your sisters' lives. Take care of Karen, if this human can help and you feel she is worthy, then you have my blessing. You know I could never stay mad at you girls."

Karen took her time setting the traps. She pulled upon the training her father and from her experience in the army to set them up. While most looked simple, disarming one would set off the secondary one. Only by working from the inside out could someone be guaranteed of making down without triggering at least one or all of them. Finally reaching the playroom she set up the drugs and things for the mind fuck machine. Going over she sat on the box and knocked on it, "How are you doing in there?" Even through the wood and steel lining she could feel the girl's rage and hatred towards her.

"I was going to go for a simple mind fuck, and turn you into a walking cunt. But I have a better idea. I'll just bury you alive." In reply, she heard banging in the box and the rage got stronger. "Yes, it's the best way. Out of sight and mind." She worked her way back removing the traps and putting the mines back in the box before rolling the box over to the bathroom. She had to upend it to get the door to close and ride with it up to the top.

Karen moved over to the tractor and started it. She dug down to the underground apartment and opened the trap door. With a smile, she pushed the box into the hole and watched it bounce down the circular staircase out of sight. Instead of following it, she walked over to the pair watching her. "She would rather not be mind fucked and turned into a walking cunt. So I am granting her wish," she gave a little laugh, "In a manner of speaking."

"Care to see her jail cell?" Karen led them back and handing Lilly the box of claymores, led them down. She found the box with Joyce inside had jammed about half way down so she freed it and sent it bouncing the rest of the way down. Reaching the bottom, she flipped the box over and rolled it into the bedroom before looking around once more.

Jane could almost see in the dim overhead hole as she followed Karen down the circular staircase. In the near darkness, it ended at a landing and door. When Karen opened it she walked in looking around in wonder. While she knew of it, Lilly had never seen it first hand and walked around looking at the underground apartment. It had a living, bed, and dining room. In addition, there was a rudimentary kitchen and chemical toilet. Also, a surprisingly large store room with five gallon drums filled with food and water. Walking into the living room she said, "There must be enough food in there to feed an army."

"Knowing dad, two years for four." Karen waited until Jane came up and looked at her. "You're troubled," she said to her.

"Karen, far be it for me to question you. But this seems a bit extreme." Jane said looking around.

"Can you feel her emotions?" Karen asked looking from one to the other.

"I feel your worry, and your sadness," Lilly said looking from Jane to Karen. "But her? No nothing."

"Jane?" Karen asked.

"How do you feel emotions?" She asked looking from Lilly to Karen.

"Spread your wings and feel out for them," Karen said. She saw the wings spring forth from Jane's back and said, "Good, now focus on me and tell me what I'm feeling."

"Joy.... Pride... love," Jane said slowly. She closed her eyes, "Joy that Lilly's mother forgave her. Pride in her making me... and," Her eyes flew open. "You love me? How can you love me Karen? You don't know me."

Karen reached out and stroked Jane's face. "Jane, I know you are a good woman with a kind heart. How could any who cross your path not love you?" She paused and said, "Come with me." She led the way down the hall and pointed towards the closed bedroom door. "Feel her now?"

Jane felt out and was almost knocked off her feet by the power of the rage that was flowing from the room. She retreated to the living room and stood looking back towards the bedroom as if expecting a raging bull to come charging at her. While that shocked her Lilly's reaction drove her to her knees.

"Silence you worm," Lilly's mind raged back. "You would be better served by being humble when the goddess judges you. If it were up to me I would gladly drive the black dagger into your heart and eat it. Know me now, I am Lilith, first born of the earth mother and I spit on you. You are not worth saving in my eyes." Lilly marched back to the living room and looked down at Jane, "Be at peace daughter. I have not lost control," She smiled. "But if you feel her out now, you will feel her fear."

"And cold cunning mother," Jane said. "She is planning to do Karen in, the moment her back is turned."

Karen returned to them and said, "Go on up, I will follow you setting traps for anyone who comes down or her going up."

"What about the other two exits?" Jane asked.

"What other two exits?" Karen asked. I looked and didn't find any more exits.

"Come on, there is always at least another way out Karen. Always have a back door handy incase the ramping hoards come knocking on the front," Jane said. She shook her head, "This way," She looked slowly around the dining, kitchen and living room. Turning to Karen and Lilly she said, "What rooms have doors?" She opened the store room and pointed to the back wall. "Why are the drums stacked to the ceiling back there but not on the sides?" She went up and began shifting the drums from the back wall to the sides and all too soon exposed a round door with a handle.

Karen looked at Lilly and then Jane, "Let me go first, I know dad's trap style. Opening the door slowly she felt around for wires. Not finding any she opened it more checking every few inches until the door was fully open. On the other side was a round tube about two feet across. On the floor was a cotton rope threaded through a pulley. Looking into the darkness she smiled, "I know daddy, I know." She looked back at the pair, "Now ask yourself this question, if you have to bolt why would you not have the little cart close at hand? Why waste time pulling it to you first?"

When it seemed as if they wouldn't get it Karen said, "Ask the Great Mother to show you danger and death."

Jane closed her eyes Great Mother, mother of my mother, please allow me to see danger and death to all around us." Suddenly the tunnel glowed red she looked into the darkness and saw three reds and a deep purple almost black glowing at the end. Backing up fearfully, she looked around and saw nearly a third of the drums were red also. She looked at Lilly who looked back just as fearfully. That worried her even more.

"Yeaaaa I think I will just leave that one alone," Karen said. She started putting the drums back in front of it but left one slightly out of line and twisted slightly from the others. Stepping back, she looked at her work. Anyone who really looked at the room would see it and investigate. Going to the bedroom she pushed the box into the storeroom and closed that door. Looking around she thought about what her father would rig. They had seconds to get out or at least appear they left.

Jane walked in and smiled. Turning to Lilly she asked, "Have you ever been camping mother?"

"Camping? No..." Lilly replied wondering why Jane was smiling at her.

"What about you Karen?" Jane asked.

"Daddy took me camping old school style several times so I could learn how to hunt and survive when the end times came," Karen replied wondering about Jane's smile also. "What do you know that I don't dear?"

Jane smiled widely, "When I was growing up, we had this trailer, a fifth wheel, and would go camping every chance we had." She looked at Lilly, "I had a killer hiding place. My own fort." She walked over to the bed and not seeing danger lifted the bedspring up. The whole bed lifted easily revealing a little area with a pair of rifles and a tunnel leading out the back. At first it was only about ten inches high but looked like it opened past the head board.

She got down and looked into the tunnel. Looking back at them, she said, "Wait here and if you hear an explosion don't come no matter what until I say it's clear. Daddy liked to set his traps so he caught the rescuers too." Karen wiggled through and suddenly a series of small lights lit up showing a tunnel much like the other one except this one was only five feet before opening above. She crawled forward slowly feeling for trip wires. Not finding any she felt above as she stood. The tunnel took a ninety degree turn upwards. She could see the little lights beside a ladder set in the wall. About ten feet up was a wire mesh landing that she could see through and the lights continuing up for three stories.