Candace's Unexpected Journey

Story Info
Candace's surprise journey to freedom with her guardian angel.
23.9k words
4.51
11.1k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story tells Candace's surprise journey toward personal and sexual freedom. The farther the story goes, the hotter it gets. The first few chapters lay the foundation; the later chapters rock her world and more. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One - Monday

"Ms. Teso, your 4:00 appointment is here."

"I don't have a 4:00 appointment," Candace snapped back at her assistant Abigail through the speaker on her desk phone. It was not uncommon for Candace to be short with her assistant. She meant it more to be efficient than rude. In her mind, the demands of her role as a senior vice president of the multi-national marketing company required efficiency whenever possible.

"I didn't think so either," the soft voice answered sheepishly. "She just walked in. I was surprised to find her on your calendar. I thought you must have added her."

"Who is she? Why is she here?" Candace asked sharply, annoyed by the unexpected interruption. Candace worked hard to minimize surprises in her well-ordered high-performance life.

"Angela LaGuardia," Abigail answered. "There is nothing in the calendar notation about why she is here to see you."

"That makes no sense. I have two proposals to finish and preparations for the executive meeting in the morning," Candace quipped. "How did she get added to my calendar?"

"I'm sorry Ms. Teso. I don't know. I thought..."

"Ask her why she is here and who she is with," Candace interrupted. "Reschedule her." Candace clicked the phone intercom off.

Ten minutes passed. Candace had already begun to focus on the first proposal and almost forgot about the threat of the surprise appointment. "Excuse me, Ms. Teso. I am sorry to interrupt you again," Abigail's voice floated through the speaker.

"Damn it Abigail. I can't be bothered," Candace shot back impatiently.

"I'm sorry Ms. Teso. Your 4:00, Ms. LaGuardia, insists on keeping her appointment. She says it's urgent. She is very pleasant, but insistent. She says it cannot wait."

Candace grew frustrated the unexpected intrusion. "Damn it Abigail. Send her in," she quipped. "Tell her she's got ten minutes."

"Yes, Ms. Teso. Ten minutes."

The large mahogany doors to Candace's office opened with Abigail leading the unexpected stranger into her plush office. The sign on the outside of the door prominently read: Ms. Candace Teso, Senior Vice President. Candace had devoted the last fourteen years of her life to this company, working her way up in record speed from the day after she graduated from her Ivy League college to climb the ranks of this leading corporation. Her ruthless dedication, intelligence and some serendipitous luck along the way all helped her to rise quickly toward the top. She took great personal pride that at only 37 she was one of the few female corporate senior vice presidents in the industry.

Candace was skilled at image management, whether for the company or more importantly for herself. Her massive corner office had large floor to ceiling windows overlooking the city on two walls. Her large mahogany desk stood prominently in the center of the room with only her Mac computer, phone and a couple pens. She had little use for paper, and preferred the efficiency of electronic documents and communication. The right side of the room had a small conference table for meetings; the left side had four overstuffed chairs in front of built-in mahogany bookshelves for more informal conversations. The office was primarily decorated with framed awards and certificates showing her membership in various industry associations. Candace abhorred having the distraction of personal photographs in the office, as if she had a personal life.

Likewise, Ms. Teso always worked hard to manage her professional image through her behavior and attire. She was determined to earn the respect of men and women in the corporate pecking order above and below her. She dressed the part, always wearing slacks. She was convinced that dresses or skirts subconsciously undermine her professional ambitions, even if they are in the form of a business suit, despite her 5'9" fit frame. She kept to loafers or other flat professional shoes. She almost always wore pressed solid-colored buttoned shirts, usually white. She buttoned her shirts high to conceal her femininity in an effort to be taken seriously by her male colleagues. It was impossible for her associates to know that she also always wore minimizer bras to confine her 36D breasts for the same reason. She consistently kept her long brunette hair tied back tightly. She has a pleasant face with large brown eyes and high cheekbones, yet rarely noticed because of her serious demeanor. The intensity of Ms. Teso's focus on her work rarely afforded the expense of a smile.

Abigail showed Ms. LaGuardia in to Candace's office. Candace immediately assessed the intruder. She was a petite 5'6" with long golden hair, curled and flowing half way down her back. She was unusually radiant. She had translucent blue eyes, a button nose and broad disarming smile. She wore a rich blue professional dress that stopped just above her knees, with matching four-inch stilettos. The bodice of the dress scooped to show off just enough cleavage from her perfectly shaped firm 34C breasts. She was enchantingly beautiful. She followed Abigail in with a light yet confident stride. "May I get you something to drink? Coffee? Tea? Wine?"

"Wine would be nice," Ms. LaGuardia answered. "Do you have a Chardonnay?"

Candace looked over at Abigail frustratingly with a look of "What are you doing? "Don't offer her wine! I told her ten minutes!" Abigail smiled back at Candace in an unusual light-hearted dreamy kind of way.

Candace noticed that somehow Abigail looked different. She had a sparkle in her eyes; her skin was flushed and had lightness to her step. Her normally precise shoulder length hair was slightly mussed. Abigail wore an almost transparent feminine yet professional cream-colored tank blouse, a tight short black pencil skirt and matching three-inch heels. Candace noticed that Abigail's nipples were protruding through her blouse far more than usual. If Candace didn't know better, Abigail looked like she had an orgasm just before she walked in. Candace pushed the strange thought out of her mind. "That's ridiculous," she thought to herself. "She's been in her office reception area with this unexpected woman for the last ten minutes."

"We do. I'll get that right away," Abigail said to Ms. LaGuardia. "Anything for you Ms. Teso?" she asked.

"No thank you," Candace said impatiently. Abigail walked to the bookshelves and pulled out a bottle of wine in a small cabinet below. She uncorked the fresh bottle, and brought two glasses to the small table between two of the overstuffed chairs. "Just in case," Abigail said as she set the bottle and glasses down. She poured a glass for Ms. LaGuardia.

"That will be all," Candace said to her.

Abigail floated out of the office and closed the door behind her.

"Please," Candace said, pointing to one of the overstuffed chairs. "I'm sorry my time is short today. How can I help you Ms. LaGuardia?"

The two women sat down in the chairs. Candace noticed with some mild disgust as Ms. LaGuardia's dress slid slightly down her thigh as she crossed her legs. "That's exactly why I don't wear dresses," she thought to herself. Ms. LaGuardia's legs were fit yet feminine, showcased by her tall high heels. They were perfect.

"Please call me Angela," she replied with a pleasant smile. "I think more importantly it is how I can help you," her surprise guest said.

"How exactly is that, Ms. LaGuardia?" Candace asked with some impatient frustration. She was convinced she was about to be hit with some annoying sales pitch. She wondered how in the world this woman got here in the first place.

"I know you prefer efficient conversations," Angela said with a knowing smile. "So let me get right to the point, I am here to help you get a life."

"Excuse me? Who exactly do you think you are?" Candace asked the stranger with surprised anger.

"You're not going to believe me if I tell you," Angela said. "It's probably better if I don't."

"Try me," Candace said impatiently, "because your ten minutes is about up."

"I'm your guardian angel," Angela said.

"Of course you are," Candace said, further angered by the bizarre turn of the conversation. "How'd the hell did you get in here? I'm calling security. I don't have time for some nutcase."

"I told you that you wouldn't believe me," Angelia said calmly.

"It's time for you to leave," Candace said as she got up to walk to her desk to call security.

"The last time you had an orgasm was ten months, two weeks and three days ago," Angela announced in a calm firm voice. "It was with Tony after that company party celebrating the success of the new strategic initiative that brought in record sales. It was in the Hyatt Regency, room 1569."

Candace held the phone in her hand, but paused before punching the direct number to company security. "How do you know that?" she asked.

"Not much of a life," Angela quipped. "It happened because you were drunk way beyond what you normally allow. You have a thing for Tony but refuse to let anyone in because you are determined to protect yourself at all costs. You two even took the back elevator to prevent anyone at the party from seeing your rendezvous. For the first time in months you allowed yourself to relax enough to be taken, thanks to the drinks. Of course, you abandoned Tony early the next morning before he woke up to find himself naked and alone in the bed."

"So this is about Tony," Candace said. "I get it. Tony put you up to this. I don't know who you are, but you are way out of line. This is none of your business. You need to leave." Candace began punching the buttons on her phone to call security, but nothing happened.

"I'm sorry Candace, but you are my business. This has nothing to do with Tony. Tony doesn't know me or know that I am here. This is about you, because..."

"You're my guardian angel," Candace interrupted. "Look, I don't know who you are, or how you know about my fling with Tony last year, but I don't have time for this." Candace hung up the phone, picked it up and tried pushing the buttons again. "I also don't know why this isn't working."

"It's not going to," Angela said with a smile. "Think about it. How do you think I have this appointment?" she asked. "You didn't make it. Abigail didn't make it."

"Great, now I need to call IT to report we've been hacked."

"You make a great living Candace, but you have no life," Angela said calmly, taking another sip of the fine Chardonnay. "I'm here to help you get a life worth living."

"Look, you need to leave now. You're ten minutes are up."

"When was the last time you felt this Candace?" Angela asked while throwing an enchanting glance toward Candace's pelvis.

"Oh gawd," Candace suddenly gasped, dropping the phone and taking hold of the edge of her large desk with both hands. It was as if an electric charge of arousal shot through her loins strong enough to weaken her legs. She immediately felt her nipples tighten to full erection, beneath the constraint of her minimizing bra. The truth was, Candace couldn't remember ever feeling an arousal so sudden, intense and brief. It had been a long time since she had any at all. She was caught off guard and confused. The arousal was enthralling, yet so intense that she felt out of control, which was something she devoted her life to never allowing.

Angela offered a knowing smile. "You were made for that Candace," she said simply.

"I don't know how you did that," Candace gasped. "I've built my career on the power of suggestion through marketing," Candace tried to reason. "You need to go."

"OK," Angela said, finishing her wine. "But I am here because you need to make a decision. You can either get a life or begin to lose what you have."

"What are you talking about?" Candace said impatiently.

"You are my responsibility," Angelia said. "There is no way I am going to let you continue to throw your life way, and miss out on what you could have. Not on my watch. You either start to live or lose everything."

"Look, I don't know who you are, but it is time for you to leave and get back on the fairy train you got off of."

"Let's start simple, like with what you're wearing" Angela said. "You're not going to begin to relax and get a life dressed like that," she said standing up.

"What? I got to where I am by dressing like this," Candace said.

"Exactly," Angela said. "Either you begin to loosen up or it is going to cost you. We'll start simple and take baby steps. This week I need you to begin unbuttoning the top buttons of your blouses and start wearing skirts. You've got an impressive body that's being hidden like a Rembrandt in old warehouse."

"That's it," Candace said. "The guys on the executive team put you up to this, didn't they?" she asked as if figuring out a difficult puzzle. "This is a practical joke. Here it is at the end of the day. They hacked my calendar and hired you to come in here. What are you, an actress? I must say, you are very good."

"I knew this was going to be difficult, but I underestimated you," Angela said.

"Yes you did," Candace announced. "Most people do," she said with pride. "So did those chauvinists on the executive team. I am going to get them back."

"They have nothing to do with this. This is between you and me. Look, you have a week to begin to loosen up as the first step of getting you a life," Angela said. "If you don't listen to me as your guardian angel and begin to take these first steps, there will be a cost."

"You can quit your charade now Angelia, or whatever your name is. It's time for you to go. Make sure they give you an extra large tip. You deserve it."

"I'll let myself out," Angela said. "See you next week."

"I don't think so." Candace said.

Candace could hear Abigail offering pleasantries to Angela as she left. Before she knew it, Abigail was at her door.

"She seems really nice," Abigail volunteered. "What did she want? Anything I need to do to follow up?"

"That was the strangest conversation I've ever had," Candace quipped.

"I don't know. She seemed like one of those people who make you feel good to be around," Abigail offered.

Candace wondered if Angela had pulled her little trick on Abigail while waiting for the appointment. "Don't ever let her waste my time again," Candace shot back.

Chapter Two - Monday, A Week Later

Candace resolved with stubborn determination all week to dress for the success in the way she always had. She wasn't going to allow some nutcase to walk into her office and offer fashion advice, especially one claiming to be from another world. Where do these people come from?

However, Candace couldn't shake Angela's reminder of her one-night-fling with Tony. It was a night of unbridled passion after months of intensifying sexual tension and flirtation between the two. Candace had a professional line she never allowed herself to cross. She refused to date or get involved with colleagues. It was too risky. She had seen too many professional careers torpedoed by one bad choice, relationship or night. Nothing, even the world's best sex was worth risking her career for. She chastised herself the next morning for putting herself in a risky position of weakened inhibitions; yet she couldn't stop relishing the rare experience of unrestrained passion. She determined to make sure it would not happen again.

Candace's focus through the week was on work, like always. She put the bizarre encounter of the self-appointed guardian angel behind her. She had the IT department check her phone; it worked perfectly. The daily demands of her work were as overwhelming as usual. She strove to perform with her usual perfection.

Candace was suddenly shocked by an unexpected visit from Mr. Moore, the company's CEO to her office. "I'm sorry Candace. The board has decided you are not performing at the level we need someone to in this role. Out of respect of your years of dedication, the board is giving you a choice. You can choose to leave company with a month's severance or step down to your former position as a division chief. With more time, the opportunity to become a senior vice president may come again. We need your decision right now. If you decide to leave the firm, a security detail will escort you out of the building with the company's gratitude."

Candace sat there behind her large mahogany desk in disbelief. She never saw it coming. "I've given my soul for this company," Candace mused out loud as her mind raced for a decision. The demotion would be humiliating. Those on the veep floor will never see her the same, those below it would whisper about her descent. How was this happening? She reasoned that to leave the firm by being fired would all but eliminate her options to be taken seriously by other firms. She decided her best career option was to retake her former position as a division chief and work her ass off to re-ascend the mountain. "This is where my loyalty is," she said with a visible cringe. "I'll stay."

"You have the rest of the afternoon to move to your new office downstairs," he said with as much kindness as he could muster.

None of this made sense to Candace. She anticipated the possibility of a well-deserved raise at her next review, but never a step down.

"I'm so sorry," Abigail said, overhearing the conversation. "He told me that I am to continue as your assistant. I'll be moving downstairs with you."

"This sucks," Candace said, feeling defeated. "It's not fair."

"I'll help you collect everything," Abigail said as her faithful assistant. "You only have one appointment on your calendar."

"Whatever it is, cancel it."

"I'll try, but she is already here," Abigail said.

"Cancel it anyway," Candace said. "It's useless."

"It's Angela LaGuardia," she answered.

"She's the last person I want to see," Candace said angrily. "How did she get on my calendar again?"

"I assumed..."

"Get rid of her," Candace demanded.

As Abigail left Ms. Teso's office to run interference, Ms. LaGuardia assertively passed her going in to Candace's office. Abigail tried to say something, but instead let out an abrupt involuntarily gasp. Her legs weakened from a sudden erotic flash. It was strong enough to prevent her from being able to speak. Her pussy gushed with moisture. Her heart raced, her nipples hardened, her face got flushed. "Oh gawd," she panted, hurrying to her own desk to recollect herself. "Oh yes," she whispered loudly, struggling to collect herself, yet not wanting it to end. She didn't understand why she was suddenly overcome, but enjoyed the unexpected rush of arousal.

"What are you doing here," Candace snapped. "Get out. I don't have time for you."

"Apparently you do," Angela answered in a soft kind tone. "I gave you a week," she added.

"Are you suggesting you had something to do with this?

"I'll give you one more chance if you want to stay with the firm," Angela said.

"Get out," Candace said angrily. "I'm going to call security."

Angela smiled. "I'm trying to help you Candace," she said patiently. "We're just getting started compared to where I'm going to take you. You've got to loosen up."

"Get out!" Candace repeated with a firm voice. "Get the hell out of my office."

"This is your last chance to stay at this firm," Angela continued unruffled. "If you insist on wearing those shirts, start unbuttoning the top buttons. Better yet, find some more attractive blouses. Give up the pants for skirts. It's time to start living life and showing off that impressive body."

Angela purposefully wore a white button up blouse to model the baby steps she was asking of Candace. Buttons only went two-thirds the way up, allowing glimpses of her cleavage. She wore a red skirt that stopped three inches above her knees. She wore matching red four-inch heels.