Cantar's Chaos Ch. 01

Story Info
Cantar meets the man of her dreams.
7.8k words
4.72
34.4k
31

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 07/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,293 Followers

Hello,

Welcome back to my world of werewolves and vampire. This is the fifth story in the She Wolf series. I hope you all enjoy it. This is Cantar's story. I hope you enjoy it. So sit back, read and then relax. This chapter continues the story line from Ivanovs You may want to read that series before reading this story.

Thanks to Overstar for editing and revising. Any errors found are not a reflection on this gentleman.

IR2R

Chapter 1

Cantar Ivanov was ticked off. Her brothers were driving her insane. They'd lost their parents months earlier, and all three of her brothers decided they would become her guardians. She could not breathe because of them. If it wasn't for their wives, they would have forced her to join a convent, if it were possible.

Here she was 522 years old, and she wasn't allowed to date. The only guy her brothers approved of was her friend, Thomas. True be told, Cantar liked Thomas, but he was not interested in her in that way. After learning about her mother, she vowed to never allow herself to obsess over any man. So as much as she liked him, he didn't like her, therefore she'd move on with her life.

Her vampire family had merged and become close friend with a wolf pack in Texas, the Loess pack. She had a new best friend, a pack member named Kyra. Kyra was also in her early twenties and the two them became fast friends when the pack gave her sister in law, Shari, and her brother, Garrick, a surprise baby shower. The two girls worked together on decorations and realized they had quite a bit in common. Cantar had many other friends, but Kyra was different from them. She didn't put on airs, and was simply down to earth. She didn't treat her as if she was a wealthy socialite who was used to getting her way. She could often talk to Kyra when she needed to confide in someone. She even told her how she really felt about Thomas, and her friend advised her to take her time.

So, the two of them spent a lot of time together. If she was not with Kyra, she'd spend time with her sisters- in-law, and their children. Brenwan was having her first child and due in a few weeks; Nicolette, Gernick's wife, was expecting their second child, a little girl, in a couple of months. Her nephew, Jonathan was turning two, and she and Kyra were planning a big birthday party for him, Theo, and Nickie. Shari, had a beautiful eight month old little girl named Ava.

Cantar loved her family, but she wished her brothers would back off. She had a date tonight with a guy she'd met a week earlier in a trip to the movies with Malcolm and Kyra. Malcolm and Kyra had mated recently and were now living in an apartment near the college they attended. Cantar thought that Kyra was so lucky; she only had one brother and he was not a pest.

If her brothers knew she had a date, they'd be all over him. Matt the guy she had a date with was a really nice guy, and they had quite a bit in common. He was safe, and human. So she wasn't afraid of him hurting her. Matt was finishing his degree, and was not over his girlfriend, Gina. Cantar didn't mind, she knew what it meant to be hung up on someone.

"So, you have a date tonight. Anyone we know?" Brenwan asked as the four women lounged at Nicolette and Gernick's home.

"No, he's Malcolm's friend. I went to the movies with the three of them last week, and he asked me out tonight. It's not a big deal. Just fun." She answered.

"Yes it is a big deal. You're out there looking, and we want to help." Shari piped in.

"Ok, help me by getting your husbands, my brothers to back off. I cannot even look at a guy without them scaring him off. I'm 522 not 2 years old." She vented. The women laughed.

Shari hugged her kid sister, "Come on, it is not that bad. They worry, that's all." She explained.

Cantar scoffed, "Really, last week, I went to Beale Street for a concert by a local band, and before I could even enter the club, Kale shows up giving directions to the bouncer. Brenwan, you need to do something to keep him busy. And Nicky, I love your home in Nashville. It is so nice and spacious. I'm so grateful that you're letting me stay there, because if I was any closer to Gernick, he'd have me on lock down. Last week, I invited Kyra, Malcolm, and some of my other friends to visit for the weekend. Guess who shows up as my friends arrive to vet them? My big brother, your husband, Gernick and he had Thomas with him. He insisted that Thomas join us because it would be so nice for all of my friends to catch up," She huffed.

Nicolette wanted to defend her husband, but Cantar was right. Then she faced Shari, "Garrick is the worse. He hired body guards for me. I know because they shadow me. Shari, I know you all think I'm whining, but this is so unfair. They want me to be with Thomas, but he does not want me. I can accept that, but they need to let me live."

Nicky nodded. "You're right. Ladies, we need to check our men." They agreed and as they talked Jonathan ran in. "Auntie Can, Auntie Can," he chanted and leaped into her arms. He covered her with kisses, and told her he loved her repeatedly. Cantar loved her nephew and spoiled him rotten. "I love you to Jon Jon. I'm talking with Mommy right now; we can play later, ok." She promised. Petra came in carrying her niece Ava, and Cantar showered her with love also. Jonathan asked his Mom if could he go see Theo.

"No, not today, Jonathan. We are staying home." Nicky explained. Jonathan was determined, "Auntie Can, take me to Theo?" he turned to Cantar sweetly.

Nicky shook her head, No. And she had to refuse. Cantar picked up her nephew and told him, "Sometimes you and mommy need to stay home, OK. And Theo needs time with his Mommy. Spend time with Mommy today, OK." Jonathan worshipped his aunt, and so he smiled and agreed. She kissed his forehead and hugged him close. Ava wanted hugs to and began to fret, and so Cantar put Jonathan down and ruffled his dark hair as she also showered kisses on her niece.

"OK, Cantar, we will try to rein in our husbands. If all else fails, we can call Nina and Elise. I'm sure we will find a way to curb their excesses. So, about this guy, Matt, you like him?" Nicky asked. Brenwan and Shari were both listening intently. Cantar had become a bit of a recluse since the death of her parents. The only guy she dated at all was Thomas, and her brothers hand-picked him.

Cantar smiled; she liked Matt, but she would not lead them to think it was more than friendship. "He's a great guy. I had fun with him, and I'm hoping we have a good time this weekend. But, no he's just a friend. He's in love with someone else and I can understand that. I'm staying with Kyra and Malcolm for the weekend. He offered to get me stay at his place, but I don't think that is a good idea." She explained.

Her three sisters smiled. Cantar had come so far since last year. She was always an enigma to them. The only one that interacted with her was Brenwan, and she was not surprised to see her blossom. Brenwan also understood Kale's need to protect her. He and his brothers felt as if they failed their sister. Her mother almost killed her and they blamed themselves. The men protected their wives, but had no idea how depraved their mother had become. Her attack on their sister was the catalyst that led to her death.

As the women talked, Gernick stopped by to check on his wife. He greeted each of his sister in laws, hugged his sister, and kissed his wife, as he caressed his daughter,Hey, Janine, how are you sweetheart? Gernick was happy to feel warmth from his daughter.

She is fine. Her brother is being rambunctious. Nickie sent. Gernick laughed and focused on his kid sister. "Cantar, you're visiting. I'm happy to have you here."

"Yes, Big Brother, I wanted to check in. I'll be heading out in a bit." She explained.

"No, stay for a few days. You know if you don't like living there by yourself, you can come back here." Gernick insisted.

Cantar looked at Nicky, her eyes pleading for her to intervene, "Gernick, no. With the new baby, Cantar will need to rest. You know how demanding it will be, especially with momma coming to stay."

"Right, and I am not babysitting. I'll stay in the role of cool auntie, but that's it." Cantar chimed in.

Gernick narrowed his eyes, Love, you are up to something. I will figure this out.

Kale, Garrick, Cantar popped in and she is up to something. We need to watch her closely. he sent to his brothers.

I'll increase security. Let me call my team.Garrick replied.

Gernick, Garrick, she is an adult. Maybe we should back off. Kale suggested.

You two meet me in my office. We need to talk. Gernick then looked at his angry wife. He could tell from her expression that she knew what he was up to. "Nicolette, love, you don't need to be-" Cantar interrupted.

"Gernick, I love you, but you guys have to let me live my life." Cantar asserted. "I am over five centuries old, but you three refuse to let me do anything."

"Cantar we are your brothers. It's our jobs to protect you." Gernick argued. "As soon as you and Thomas marry, we'll back off."

"Gernick," she said exasperated, "Thomas doesn't want me. He's my friend. You cannot decide whom I marry." She argued.

"Cantar, listen-," Gernick demanded.

Nicolette had heard enough. "No, love. You are taking this too far. Your sister is right. You and the other two need to back off."

"Yes, Gernick, Nicky's right. Brenwan and I agree." Shari told her irate brother in law.

Gernick knew he was out numbered, so he backed off. "OK, Cantar, you are right. I apologize. Love, I've got to get back. I'll be home early." He kissed Nicky. Then he vanished back to his office. Kale, Garrick, showed up next.

"The women have decided to support Cantar's bid for independence. This is bigger than we thought." Gernick took a breath. "I think she plans to go out with a male."

"Wait, is Thomas aware of this?" Garrick asked. The three brothers met one day and decided that they would all be responsible for protecting Cantar until she married. No men were good enough for her sister, but Thomas Macavi was close enough.

"She said Thomas is not interested in her?" Gernick explained."

"I'll pay him a visit. Do we have an idea on any other suitable males?" Kale asked.

"No, but I have an idea." Gernick called his assistant. "Ms. Marsh, I'll be out for the rest of the day. Cancel my appointments, and if my wife calls tell her I'm in a meeting and asked not to be disturbed."

She nodded and returned to her desk. "OK, I'm going to see our cousin. As a council member, maybe he can recommend some suitable males." Gernick explained. Each man went quickly to their destination.

The women were silent and Brenwan spoke. "Cantar, go to your friends, and enjoy your date tonight. We'll deal with your brothers."

Cantar hugged each of her sisters-in-law, and vanished to her friend's apartment where Kyra and Malcolm were waiting for her.

*****

Brenwan dialed a number. Nicky and Shari wondered who she was calling. "Hello Brenwan, what a nice surprise. To what do I owe this call?" Krill answered.

"Krill, we need your help. Our men have decided to run Cantar's life. We were hoping you could talk them down." Brenwan suggested.

Krill listened and he understood to a degree, but for now he agreed with his cousins. Esmeralda hurt a lot of people, and some would want revenge. Cantar was vulnerable. If some male attached himself to her to exact his revenge, her brothers would not be able to protect her.

"Brenwan, I will talk with your husband and his brothers, but they have a legitimate concern." Krill explained.

Brenwan listened, and then asked him to hold on, switched over to speaker. "Krill, Shari and Nicolette are here. What are you not telling us?" she demanded.

Krill exhaled, "Brenwan, Ladies, nothing is going on that the council is not aware of." He lied. The council had been made aware of threats against Cantar, as retaliation for those Esmeralda hurt.

Nicolette listened, and read between the lines. Krill was not telling them everything. "Krill, can you tell us what the council is aware of?" she asked.

Krill chuckled, "Ah, Nicolette, I forgot how astute you are. Cantar is safe. I assure you as a council member. Now as for her brothers, aren't brothers notoriously overprotective anyway?" he joked.

"I'm sure they are and thank you Krill. If you will at least talk to them it might help." Shari added and then they hang up the phone. "They are hiding something. I don't like this. Do you think Cantar is aware?" Shari asked.

"I don't know. She has always been secretive. If she were aware of danger, she might not say anything." Brenwan added. She felt a sharp pain, and rubbed her back. Both Nicky and Shari were aware of her actions. They did not say anything, but if it occurred again, they were taking her to the compound and calling Kale.

"My distrust of her did not make it any easier. She did everything her mother told her too." Nicky exhaled. "I know she was young and when she realized what her mother was really up to she was instrumental in stopping her. Her actions saved me and my husband. She is not alone, and we need to help her to know that."

Shari nodded, as Brenwan grunted and shifted in her seat. "Bren, are you alright?" Shari asked.

Brenwan smiled, "Yes, I'm fine. My back aches a bit, that's all. Kalen is anxious to get here." She explained.

Shari smiled. "Kalen, I love that name. Have you unpacked all of your gifts yet?" She asked the wolves had a baby shower for Kale and Brenwan a few weeks earlier. Everyone was ecstatic. The celebration became even more boisterous, when Kyra and Malcolm announced their mating to the entire group. Everyone was elated. Amerie was speechless, because she always saw Kyra as her baby. The vampire brothers were happy for the young wolf couple and congratulated them. Kale refused to leave his wife's side. He was on high alert, and the women knew he was only at work because Brenwan said she'd be with them today.

The women talked a bit more when Brenwan showed additional signs of distress. Shari spoke, "That's it. We're going to the compound." Nicky agreed, and within minutes all three women appeared at the medical center. Kim was spending time with her mate Manson when she got the call that the vampires were there. She rushed over and the women explained what was going on. She examined Brenwan and admitted her immediately. "Brenwan, call your husband. He might want to be here to meet his son." She explained.

"Wait, I had two weeks left," Brenwan asked, worried. If the baby was early, was he going to be alright?

"Brenwan, Kalen is fine. He has just decided to come early, like his cousin Ava." She smiled and Brenwan relaxed. "Call your husband."

Kale, come to the compound. It's time. She sent.

"Brenwan is having the baby. I have to go." Kale told his brothers as he vanished to be with his wife. Garrick and Gernick were about to follow when Krill appeared.

"Garrick, Gernick, what is going on with Cantar? Has someone approached her?" he asked.

"I was about to come see you Krill. She has decided she wants to date. I don't trust the men she finds herself around. We approve of Thomas, but she informed us that he is not interested in her. Do you know of any suitable males?" Gernick asked.

Krill listened and then decided they deserved the truth. "You may not be aware of this, but Cantar has a bounty on her head. The council was made aware of this threat hours ago. A factious group feels that Esmeralda's death was not sufficient punishment, so they plan to abduct your sister." Krill exhaled.

"Who? Where?" Garrick demanded. Gernick was instantly angry. His sister had suffered enough, and no one would get close enough to hurt her again. "How many?" Gernick demanded.

"Gernick, you don't frighten me. I care about her as much as you do and as soon as we find the source it will be eliminated." He vowed.

"We need to get to the medical center." Gernick stated. Brenwan was giving birth and they wanted to be there for her and Kale. "Krill, are you coming?" Gernick asked.

"No, I'll report back to..." Garrick interrupted. "You know Javon and Elise would love to see you. Come on."

Nicky alerted Cantar about the baby, and she arrived shortly after the other women. Kyra was with her. Malcolm stayed home. Cantar called Matt and told him she had to run out of town but she should be back for their date. Could they set it for later?

*****

Everyone arrived at the medical center, and before long Kalen Ivanov appeared and was welcomed by his anxious family. Elise did not come to the medical center because she was at home with her three new pups. She and Javon welcomed their sons and new daughter a month earlier. The entire pack was elated. Soon the family was allowed in the room and everyone was in awed of the new edition to the family. Kale held his son and simply cried. He never thought he'd have a child and to hold his son. He was speechless.

Garrick watched his brother and knew how he felt. Their mother poisoned both of their wives to sterilize them. They were able to find an antidote and reverse the damage she caused. The wolves congratulated the new parents and soon, everyone left leaving Kale and Brenwan alone with their son.

"Let me hold him" Brenwan told her spouse. Kale lifted his son from his bassinet and gently placed him in her arms. Alone with her husband, Brenwan shed her tears unashamed as she gazed at her son. Then she said something that made Kale freeze. "Something is going on Kale. I called Krill and he... Protect Cantar."

Cantar went to Nina's home with Kyra and they played with her two year old brother Theo. Cantar enjoyed visiting, but soon she felt the need to move on. It wasn't that the wolves did not welcome her. They did, but deep down they were Gernick and Nicolette's family. So soon after they visited, she and Kyra went back to her apartment.

"Cantar, what's wrong?" Kyra asked. She sensed that her mood had shifted.

"Nothing, I'm happy for my brothers. They need to let me have a life though." She joked.

Kyra laughed, "Forget it. Brothers can do any and everything they want, but their sister, especially if she's younger cannot do anything fun. BJ used to drive me insane."

Cantar sighed, "Well you only have one brother. I have three and not to mention a cousin."

"Well tonight, you're going out with Matt. They don't know. You need to have fun." Kyra reminded her. Cantar laughed and then went to dress for their date.

Soon Cantar was dressed, and Matt arrived to pick her up. This was not a real date, so they both dressed casually. They went to a local bar, and after they arrived, Cantar felt as if she was being watched. She looked around and saw her usual guards at their post. But the censor did not come from them.

"Hey, are you alright? We can go home. I know your nephew was just born and you might want to call your family." Matt explained.

"Matt, I'm fine. I'll go visit tomorrow." Cantar explained.

He sat at the bar watching her. He could not grab her today, because her brothers had too many guards around. As soon as he could catch her alone, she was going with him. Esmeralda took everything from him, and her death did nothing to lessen his pain. Her family issued a decree that anyone that she hurt could seek retribution through an organization they set up. Most took advantage, and were paid off. No amount of money would replace what she'd taken from his family. So for the Ivanov brother's to feel what he lost he'd take the one they held close. Esmeralda took his only sister, and now he'd take theirs.

"Christophe, we should rethink this I am angry too, but Gernick will kill us. Please, let's forget this plan." His companion pleaded.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,293 Followers