Cantar's Chaos Ch. 02

Story Info
Cantar is taken.
8.3k words
4.77
19.9k
13

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 07/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Hello,

Welcome back to my world of werewolves and vampire. This is the fifth story in the She Wolf series. I hope you all enjoy it. This is chapter 2 of Cantar's story. I hope you enjoy it.. So sit back, read and then relax. This chapter continues the story line from Ivanovs chapter seven.

Thanks to Overstar for editing and revising. Any errors found are not a reflection on this gentleman.

IR2R

Chapter 2

Cantar was so focused on the foundation that she failed to call Brenwan. However, Brenwan called and she assured her that she was fine. She had plans with Corliss this weekend, and didn't want to cancel. A few weeks ago, Kyra and Malcolm came and the four went out. They had a great time. This weekend, the two of them were spending time alone.

Corliss refused to let her pay, so she was sure it would be something low key that she would enjoy. Friday night came and Corliss told her he had to leave early, but he would be back early Saturday morning. She understood and hugged him before he left. But Corliss did something, else, he kissed her. Cantar forgot to breath. His lips were so soft and plush. She held on to him tightly. She kissed him back. Soon he ended the kiss, and just held her. I'll be back in the morning. I promise. I have a family issue to deal with. Cantar nodded, but she hated letting him go.

*****

Baby Kalen was almost two months old and they were just returning from a checkup at the compound. Brenwan felt a sense of foreboding. She was concerned because Cantar had not stopped in to visit. They had spoken weeks ago and she assured her she would pop in. Brenwan decided to go see her youngest sister-in-law. She took Kalen with her, as she appeared in the library at Cantar's home. Cantar was working, but she seemed disturbed.

Cantar stopped working and greeted her, but Brenwan could tell she was bothered by something. "Cantar, you have not visited. I know you have your own life, but we worry." Brenwan explained.

Cantar smiled. "I'm sorry. I've been busy with the foundation and Corliss." She turned and blushed.

Brenwan smiled, "Ah, so finally, I have a name. Tell me about this young man." Kalen started fretting and Cantar held her nephew. She talked to him and he calmed quickly. Brenwan smiled. Cantar was a natural with kids.

"Brenwan, he's the nicest, most handsome man. He never makes me feel less than and treats me like a Goddess. He listens to me. He checks on me several times a day. Usually he makes me stop working, because I get so involved with the foundation. He thinks I work too much." Her computer chimed. She stopped and looked at the screen and frowned. It was that guy again. She had already addressed his claim and sent him a final notice of denial. Now he had begun to threaten her.

Brenwan noticed her change and asked. "Cantar, is everything alright?"

Cantar nodded and gave the baby back, "It's fine. It's just... It's foundation stuff." She then stopped talking, and Brenwan's concern grew. She would contact Kale as soon as she made it home.

She recalled talking with Krill before giving birth and was filled with sense of dread. She'd tell Kale, check on Cantar. She knew her youngest sister-in-law was extremely secretive. She was surprised she even told her the name of the man.

"Cantar, you are important to us, all of us. Remember that." She felt the need to remind her. She knew that at times the young woman felt alone.

Cantar nodded and Brenwan hugged her with her free arm. "I know. I love you guys, but someone has to try and fix Momma's mess. If I had been more diligent, maybe..."

"Cantar, you are not at fault for what she did." Brenwan explained.

"I know. Brenwan, I wish I could explain the guilt, but I cannot. I have to do this and maybe one day I won't feel guilty anymore." Cantar took a breath. "I had one role, and that was to keep an eye on her. Garrick defended us against attack. Kale kept an eye on politics. My job was to help Momma, and she hurt so many people. I failed. So now, I have to fix what I can." She looked at her sister-in-law, "Does that make sense?"

Brenwan nodded. It was obvious that Cantar still blamed herself. She needed to talk with the other women.

"OK, now, I'll let you get back to work, but we want to meet him." Brenwan stated.

Cantar froze, Would they have a problem when they learn he's a servant? I can't put him in a position that might make him uncomfortable.

Brenwan stopped and she watched her carefully. Then she gave her some advice, "Cantar, we are your family. We are here for you. All of us are here, OK. Never forget that."

Cantar smiled and thanked her. Brenwan visited a bit longer and then Cantar needed to get back to work. So she hugged her tightly and made her promise to visit. She then sent for Nicky and Shari to join her. As she arrived home, her other sisters-in-law were there already, waiting. Brenwan told them of her concerns and the women decided to act.

"She is racked with guilt. I hate her mother for doing this to her, and she will not let go of the guilt." Brenwan explained to Shari and Nicky. The children were with them, and Theo was coloring. Ava and Kalen were napping. "While I was there, she got a message. She acted strangely, and I think she's hiding something. I'm calling Kale."

Kale, can you come home? I need you. Brenwan sent. Kale arrived, feeling amorous, when Shari chimed in, "Unless you want an audience, curb it big boy."

Kale laughed and greeted his brother's wives. He hugged each woman taking time to touch Nicky's protruding belly where her daughter grew. "Gernick had to have a daughter. Now he has one of each." Winking at his wife, "Bren, we need to catch up." Brenwan laughed and said, "This is serious."

She then relayed to her husband the events that happened during her visit. Kale was alerted instantly. Cantar was a priority for all of them. He and the brothers watched her carefully and the council was investigating potential threats. Brenwan's concern caused his anxiety to increase. "We will deal with this. Thank you for checking on her. We were trying to give her space and she is heavily guarded. However, if something is going on with the foundation, we will check on it."

Kale reassured the women that Cantar would be protected. Then he sent Garrick a message that he would be at his office in a minute, and then he kissed Brenwan and told her he'd be back. He then vanished to Garrick's office. Kale arrived and relayed Brenwan's c concerns and findings to his brother. Garrick called Krill, because he was also as adamant about Cantar's safety. Krill appeared, and was immediately alarmed. He knew which vampires were on her research team, so he made a couple of calls.

Samaria was growing increasingly concerned about her young employer. The man was even more insistent, and she feared the girl could be in danger. She had spoken with her once again about alerting her brothers, but Ms. Ivanov was quick to remind her that she worked for her and if she insisted, she would need to seek employment elsewhere. Her phone rang, and she recognized Krill's number.

She knew he was a council member now and wondered was this call about the council. She doubted it and she was sure it had to do with Ms. Ivanov.

"Councilman Kelvic, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Samaria answered.

"Samaria, you are working with my cousin with her family's foundation. Has she gotten any threatening calls, or perhaps someone who is extremely persistent?" he asked.

Samaria took a breath, and he caught it. "Tell me." He demanded.

"Well Mr. Kelvic, she does have a client that keeps applying for reimbursement, but he does not qualify. She sent him a notarized letter to stop the harassment. All applications are monitored and his have been flagged." Samaria explained.

"How long?" he asked.

"It's been two weeks since his last contact that I know of." She answered.

Krill nodded. He needed to inform Garrick and Kale right away. He disconnected from the caller and took a breath. He looked at his cousins, and said "She was having problems with a client. I have to go, I'll be right back." And he vanished to Samaria's office. She sat hat her desk. He could sense the stress she was under and a part of him wanted to just pull her into his embrace. However, he ignored it.

"Sammie," he growled. "You know how protective her brothers are. Why did you not call?" he demanded.

Samaria was trying to get her nerves to calm down from the call when Krill appeared in her office furious.

"Look Councilman Kelvic-," Krill stopped her. "Drop the title Sammie. It's just us here.

"Look, I warned her about the man, and she dropped him. He still sends in applications, but they go straight to spam. Besides, I told her to notify her brothers. I thought she did." She explained.

"Why didn't you call?" he demanded.

"I need this job. You know what happened three years ago... No one will hire me and she threatened." She tried to explain.

"Sammie, if something happens to her, and I learn that you could have prevented it, losing this job is the least of your worries." He growled and then he vanished. He looked at Samaria and said. "We need to talk. I'll be back when this is over." He vanished back to Garrick's office.

Samaria sat in her office dumbfounded. How is this my fault? I told her to call, and she didn't. How can he blame me? She pondered.

Krill returned to Garrick's office furious. Seeing Samaria after all these years affected him profoundly. To most, she would seem plain and uninteresting, but to him, she was the most beautiful. She had no idea how lovely she was, and was often the victim of ridicule from her peers. He was aware of the scandal that cost her a lucrative job three years ago, and if he could the man at the center would be castrated. Krill knew who Samaria Menes was, and one day when the time was right, he'd declare his true intentions. But right now, he had to protect his cousin.

He returned to his cousin's office and relayed the information he'd just learned. Gernick had a business issue to deal with and they'd fill him in later.

Krill took a deep breath and told them what he learned from Samaria. Then he explained what the council had learned.

"I talked to one of her researchers. Brenwan was right, she has been getting harassing messages from a client. The people with the foundation have taken steps to contain the situation, but I really think that guy found another way to get through." He exhaled. "The council has learned that a bounty has been placed on Cantar's life. We narrowed it down to two factions. A representative has been sent to meet with each group and relay a message that if any harm comes to Cantar, they will face the council. The entire vampire community knows how you all have suffered at Esmeralda's hands. These two groups however feel that you have not paid enough. They are targeting Cantar for some unknown reason, but I promise you, they will not touch my cousin." Krill vowed.

Over the past year, he'd gotten to know his family, and loved Cantar to distraction. Often he ran interference between her and her over protective brothers. This was why Brenwan felt comfortable enough to call him. However, this time he was teaming with them. As he was leaving to meet with the brother's he got a call from the newest council member Claus. Claus was in Asia, but he was ready to come back if needed. Claus was essentially the father of Cantar's oldest brother, but his promise to their father was to look out for all of is kids and he gave his word. So therefore, he considered Cantar as his daughter as well. If someone was threatening her, then they were declaring war in the whole clan. He, too, was ready to fight.

Garrick spoke, "She looks like mother. That is part of the reason."

"How long will it be before Gernick gets here?" Kale asked.

This was one time he actually agreed with his oldest brother. Cantar needed to stay with one of them, at least until this threat was eliminated. He knew she'd be furious, but it was for the best. They needed to talk to their wives, and explain. Once he women agreed, they could convince her to come home.

Garrick, how long will you be? Kale sent.

An hour, tops. Why? Gernick asked. Kale would never call unless it was serious.

Just hurry, and we will fill you in. Kale replied as he closed their connection. Gernick had to go; he turned and addressed the men he was meeting with, "Gentlemen, we have talked for two hours. Now, either you want to do business with my company or you don't. I will no longer sit here and listen to you flip flop. So you know my number, go and make your decision. Call my assistant, once you decide. Jared, Kevin, please finish this meeting without me. Good day Gentlemen." And he left the conference room. When Gernick was safely inside his office, he vanished to meet his brothers and cousin.

Krill repeated the news and Gernick asked one question. "What are the names?"

Krill spoke, "Gernick, you cannot declare war on them. The council will deal with this."

"They threaten my sister, and you expect me to trust the council." Gernick growled, "Hell no, not after..."

"Gregor and Esmeralda are gone. Your adopted father, Claus, sits on the council. Do you doubt him?" Krill asked. "That old council no longer exists, but I can't give you the names, yet. Come to council headquarters, and if they agree, we will tell you." He suggested.

Gernick calmed down considerably, because he knew Claus would look out for him, and his siblings. "When will they convene again?" he asked.

"In the morning, on this situation actually, you three need to be there." He stated finally.

"This girl, this researcher, did not call us. Why?" Gernick demanded.

Although Krill had blasted her earlier, he would not let Gernick have a go at her. Instantly his demeanor changed, "Cantar threatened to fire her, and she needs her job. She did tell Cantar to inform us, but she chose not to. Do you know why Gernick?" he asked.

Gernick cringed. He knew Cantar felt suffocated, but he was not apologizing for it. So he faced his cousin and the two men squared off. Garrick intervened, "Look, once Cantar is safe, you two can beat the hell out of each other. But for right now, we need to focus on this threat."

Gernick backed down, which was a first. However, over the last year, he knew he could trust Krill. Also for Krill to become so defensive meant the researcher was someone important to him. He'd tease him later. "I'm sorry. Look Krill, I know this girl is not to blame, it's just..." and touched his shoulder and answered, "Thank you, Krill, for helping us look out for her.

We need someone with her until we can get a handle on this." Garrick spoke. Krill nodded, and the issue was tabled.

Kale looked on and said, "We can call Thomas. She likes him, and we know he cares for her. Besides, maybe putting them together will speed things up." The other two nodded.

Krill laughed, "Are you serious? You think you can pick the guy she marries. I have a wolf sister named Lana, and my wolf brothers and I tried to hand pick her mate. She rebelled and married some cretin that was lower than a snake's belly. He's dead because he beat her and we had to kill him. She found her true mate later, and he happened to be a good friend. I know you mean well, but you need to back off. If you push this it could backfire."

"Thomas is a nice guy and he's smart. She seemed to like him." Kale insisted, but secretly he acknowledged that Krill had a point.

"Lana liked the man that's her mate now, but we forced her hand. I'm just saying; my cousin is a spitfire, and I would hate for some poor vampire to die because if she gets hurt, well..." Krill stated, and her brothers agreed.

"Ok, we won't push him as a potential mate, but I'd feel better if someone was there. Let's increase security and have them place all of us on instant alert." Garrick suggested. Kale and Gernick agreed. "If she doesn't agree to let Thomas stay, then she's coming back with one of us. I know she wants her independence, but her safety trumps that."

Soon the men finished strategizing and Kale called Thomas. Thomas agreed to visit and within minutes all three brothers, her cousin, and Thomas were in the library at her home. Cantar was summoned and instantly annoyed.

Corliss was about to get off when her family appeared. Cantar froze and he understood that her brothers had no clue that she was interested in him. He smiled and she could see understanding in his eyes. He asked if she needed anything else, before he finished his duties. Gernick sensed something about him and as he was about to question him, when Cantar told him she didn't need anything else. She and the young man looked at each other and the truth was obvious.

"Corliss, thank you for staying, but I need to talk to my brothers. You can go home for the day." Cantar whispered.

Corliss smiled at her, and her brothers knew he was smitten, but that didn't concern them. They were concerned because their baby sister seemed to be just enthralled as the young man. "No, no, Cantar, No!" Gernick declared emphatically as soon as the young man left.

She went immediately on the defensive, and then she realized all of her brothers were there with Krill and Thomas. "Thomas, I'm sorry they keep putting you in this. I've tried to-"Garrick cut her off.

"You are in danger, and until we find out whom, Thomas will stay here with you. Also just so you know, we're increasing security and after tonight, any new people that have been hired since you moved in here will be let go." Garrick explained.

Corliss, I won't get to see him. Cantar faced her older brother, "No! Gernick you cannot take over my life. This is these people's livelihood. You can't just let them go." She argued.

"We'll give them a generous severance package." He declared. "Your safety trumps everything Cantar."

There was no point in arguing with him when he went into protective mode. Garrick and Kale would always agree with him. But she'd just met Corliss, and didn't want to give him up.

"Who am I being threatened by?" she asked, wondering Do they know about the client?.

Kale spoke, "We don't know, but tomorrow we will find out. For tonight, we want Thomas here with you." Kale hugged his sister, and he could feel the tension in her body.

"Fine, Thomas, let me show you to your room." She mumbled.

*****

Corliss went to a small apartment that he'd rented near her home. She amazed him, and he knew her brothers would not approve. He was preparing for bed when Christophe appeared.

"Well, little brother. How is the wooing of the bitch going?" Christophe sneered.

"I just met her. So it hasn't really started. Besides you gave me five tries, you have to honor your word." He reminded him.

"I know, and she has resisted you twice already. Three more let downs and it's my turn. I will keep my word little brother, unless something forces my hand. You seem bothered? Speak." Christophe demanded.

Corliss hesitated, "Her brothers dropped in and brought a male they deem suitable to see her."

"All of her brothers? What did they want?" He asked. Christophe was smart. If her brothers were on alert, he needed to snatch her before they placed her under guard. His insipid brother fancied himself in love with her so. He could no longer be trusted.

He dreaded the fact that he had to break his promise, but they had to suffer. Christophe hugged his brother, and whispered, "I'm sorry." Then he vanished.

Corliss sensed she was in danger, and rushed to find her. She was talking to the male her brothers brought. He waited until she returned to her brothers and appeared. "Cantar, you are in danger. Please take her with you. He will come for her—" Krill grabbed him before he could finish. Cantar screamed for him to let Corliss go. She snatched her friend a way. The five were so engrossed in their argument that none noticed the interloper that entered with a special guest.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers