Carlyle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
laptopwriter
laptopwriter
3,554 Followers

"Oh God," she moaned. "I need you, Hez. Oh yeah," she whimpered, pushing her hips to meet every thrust of her husband's love. Not having been inside his beautiful wife for a week, it didn't take Hezekiah long climax. He felt bad because he knew Mattie hadn't come yet but she assured him they had the entire evening ahead of them--and all evening it was. Over the next several nocturnal hours Mattie exploded in orgasm after orgasm as Hez's slow and deliberate technique allowed the two of them a long and satisfying night.

***

Hezekiah was counting on a pretty peaceful two or three weeks ahead. For most of the year, the local ranchers let their cattle graze pretty much where they wanted, so twice a year they had their round-ups. It kept most of the ranch hands busy gathering the stock and separating them from someone else's herd. Hezekiah knew old man Clayborn would have his boys working hard so he doubted they'd have time to come into town.

Over the next couple of weeks the simple, quiet life of Carlyle had almost lulled the town council into a false sense of security. Of course they knew it wouldn't last but the lack of any trouble put the need for another sheriff on the back burner for most of the people...except Hezekiah. He took being mayor seriously and felt responsible for the town's people. He even thought of going to the gunsmith's and buying a used pistol, but hell, he'd only shot one two or three times in his life; what chance would he have. Instead he took it upon himself to write to several lawmen he'd heard about and offer them the same arrangement he made Earp. Unfortunately trouble didn't wait for their replies.

Jerimiah Gibbins owned, The North Star Saloon, the only saloon in town. For the sake of his business, Jerry tried to get along with everyone, ranches as well as town's people. He had no quarrel with the Clayborn brothers. In fact, they probably spent more money in his establishment than the next ten guys combined.

It was late afternoon when a group of tired cowhands, led by the Clayborn brothers, wandered in and ordered up a round of drinks. Several of them grabbed a couple tables but Eric and Billy stayed at the bar to talk to Jerry. He loved to gab and was always a great source of gossip. He knew everything going on in town and even what young ladies might be open to the advances of a couple of young guys looking to sew some oats.

"Haven't seen you boys around lately," he said while pouring their drinks.

"Yeah, pa's pushing hard. After we get the heard together we're heading out on a cattle drive to Dodge City. Pa wants to make sure we have every head. Billy, me, and some of the other guys kinda snuck off the ranch for a couple hours but he have to get back around nightfall."

Jeri nodded his head with understanding. "Dodge City, huh. Hez Jones just came back from there a little while ago. I understand you boys got a reprieve," he told Eric.

The brothers looked to each other but neither knew what he was talking about. Billy was the first to ask. "Reprieve; reprieve from what?"

"Hadn't you heard? The town was trying to hire Wyatt Earp as the new sheriff."

"Wyatt Earp, I've heard of him but ain't he in Wichita?" asked Eric.

"Nah, that was a while back. He's been a lawman in Dodge City for years," stated Jerry.

"I've heard of him too," said Billy. "He's supposed to be one tough son-of-a-bitch. So what gave this Hez guy, the idea to get someone like Earp?"

"Well, I don't think it was all his idea. I think the whole town council was in on it."

"Town council, I didn't know this one horse town had a town council."

"For almost a year now; they elected Hezekiah Jones as mayor. He's the one who talked to Earp. He was gone a whole week but came back alone. There were a lot of people in town who were very disappointed. You boys didn't make any friends when you thrashed the sheriff like you did."

Billy was getting agitated. "The old fool deserved it," he said. "And you can tell the rest of the people in this hick town they'll get the same if they come up against the Clayborn brothers."

"I think everyone's well aware of it, boys. I don't think anyone in town is looking to give you any trouble."

Eric was still thinking about the lawman. "So Earp didn't take the job?"

"Nope. They offered him a bunch of money too. I guess he had better things to do."

The brothers felt both relief and anger as they knocked back their shots of rot-gut. Billy's temper was showing. "You said nobody's looking for trouble, what about this Hezekiah guy? It sure sounds like he's asking for it. Ain't he the one with the pretty wife; the one down at the hardware store?"

"Yeah, that's him, but you can't blame him. The town needs a sheriff. He was just looking to get the best they could, that's all."

Billy wasn't satisfied. "Yeah, well maybe we'll just go down and talk to him; show him what we think about him trying to hire Earp, or anybody else for that matter."

"Yeah, the town don't need no sheriff," Eric added, "it's got the Clayborn brothers, right little brother. Hell," he laughed, "I'll be the new sheriff. Billy here'll be my deputy."

"Yeah," replied Billy, "Ya know, I think the first person we'll arrest is that Hezekiah guy."

Eric liked that idea. "Yeah, I wonder what that pretty wife of his would do to get him out of jail."

Billy laughed, "Who knows, maybe she'd like to get fucked by a real man anyway. Maybe we should go down there and see."

"It'll have to wait, little brother. It's getting late. If pa finds out we come to town he'll skin us alive. Come on," Eric yelled, turning around to address the others that came in with them, "we got to get back."

Billy begrudgingly followed his big brother but the smoldering embers of his temper would only get hotter with time.

As they left, Jerimiah realized that his big mouth just may have gotten the nicest guy in town into a lot of trouble but it wasn't until three days later when he saw Mrs. Jones walking in town that he decided to warn them.

He called to get her attention. "Mattie."

She looked to her left in the direction of his voice. "Oh, hi, Jerry, how are you?"

"Hi, Mattie. I'm okay, how about you and Hez?"

"We're fine. Business is a little slow but it's always slow during the round ups. It'll pick up again when it's over. How about you? Business has to be slow for you too."

"Yeah, it is some. Listen, Mattie, I wanted to warn you and Hez..."

"Warn us?" she asked, a little startled.

"Yeah. The other day a few guys from the Bar-C were in and talking about Hez not being able to get Wyatt Earp as sheriff. From what I could gather, Billy and Eric are mad as hell for even trying to get him. I think they're looking to make some trouble. The...the way they were talking, they even said some nasty things about what they'd do to you, Mattie. I...it might be a good idea if you and Hez lit out for a while—maybe even moved."

The news gave Mattie a chill all the way down her spine. She knew Hezekiah would never run, and he certainly wasn't going to move. "Thank you, Jerry. I'll tell my husband and see what he says," she responded with a shaky voice.

She had no idea what to do. Her husband was a gentle man but he'd still stand up for himself if pushed, even in the face of insurmountable odds. He'd die before backing down to the Clayborns. She had been on her way down to the dry goods store for a new dress but she no longer felt like buying anything. She had to think. She needed to get him out of town, but how.

Later that night she suggested they go back to Philadelphia for a while. He had a brother he hadn't seen and both of her parents were still alive.

"What would we do about the store, Mattie? We can't just close up. People depend on us, honey. We'd have to find someone we could trust to take over for a while. Hell, honey, I can't think of a single person that's not already busy themselves, can you?"

Mattie desperately tried to think of someone but came up blank. "No," she reluctantly answered in defeat.

"Why all of a sudden? I mean..."

"We haven't seen anybody in a long time, Hez. Aren't you at all homesick? Don't you miss your brother? I miss my mom and dad. I just thought it'd be nice to see everyone again, that all."

Hezekiah thought about what she said. He did miss his brother now and then and he knew Mattie missed her folks. "Okay, I'll tell you what, we'll ask around; see if there's anyone in town that might be able keep an eye on things." Then he got an idea. "Hey, what if we paid for their passage out here?"

Mattie tried to keep from panicking. That would be worse. What if the Clayborn brothers humiliated him in front of his brother and her parents, like they did the sheriff?

"Hez, that's a nice idea but we can't afford to pay for all of them. No, that's alright. Maybe we could go one at a time. You can go visit your brother and I'll stay here. Then when you come back I'll go visit my mom and dad."

"Honey, I wouldn't leave you here alone that long but if you'd like to go for a visit that's fine. Why don't you write them and see when they'd want to do it?"

God, he was so frustrating. All she wanted to do was get him out of town for a while until those two jackasses cooled off.

As the round ups were coming to an end, the Bar-C was gearing up for the long cattle drive to Dodge. The old man sent a small crew into town with three buckboards to fill with food and supplies. Of course Billy and Eric were in charge.

"Hey, look over there," said Billy, nudging his brother in the ribs.

Completely unaware of her admirers, Mattie Jones looked fine as she walked down the other side of the street. Almost immediately she was surrounded by Billy and Eric. The younger of the two was always the brash one but Eric wasn't far behind.

Billy stuck his arm out in front of her and leaned against the wall making it necessary for Mattie to walk around but Eric blocked her way.

"What's the matter Mrs. Jones, ain't we good enough for a simple hi," taunted Billy.

"Hi, now excuse me."

Billy looked at his brother. "Now that wasn't very friendly, was it?"

"Not very friendly at all," Eric agreed. "Maybe what she needs is a good man in her life."

"Ya know, I'll betch you're right. Hell, that yellow-belly she's married to can't be much in bed, I'll bet. What about it; want a real man in your bed for a change?"

Mattie tried again to get around Billy but he grabbed her behind the neck and pulled their lips together for a kiss. Suddenly she stopped resisting. In fact she reached around and held his head in place while she kissed him back.

"Wooeee," he yelled when they broke apart.

"Where's mine?" asked Eric in a low, menacing voice.

"You'll have to take it like he did," she said. Mattie felt the domineering power of the man as he took ahold of her for a much more passionate kiss. She could tell he was a man who was used to getting what he wanted. From the passion behind his kiss, he wanted her.

"Come on," he told Billy after breaking the kiss, "we have to get going." He looked at Mattie who was flushed in the cheeks. "When we get back we're going to show you how real men treat a whore and I guaranty you'll love it," he chuckled.

Mattie didn't even see the shocked face of Roy Sheffield as the two Clayborn brothers laughed at her when they left. She was in a daze as she proceeded with her walk.

"Hez, ah...ther...there's something you should know."

Hezekiah was just checking the inventory of a new shipment of nails. He knew something was wrong just by looking into his friend's face. "Roy, what is it? You look like you've seen a ghost." The poor man's heart shattered with every word as his friend explained what he had witnessed.

"Are you sure she didn't try to slap him? Maybe Billy was holding her hands or something."

"Hez, I'm sorry man. I could see both of her hands clearly. She was holding Eric's head and kissing him. I hate to say it but it didn't look like it was the first time they kissed, either."

He was barely able to stand. He just stared into space as all the life seemed to drain from his body. "Okay, thanks, Roy. Can...please just leave me alone now."

"Hez, I'm..."

"Please, Roy, just go."

Roy left shaking his head and second guessing himself for telling what he saw.

Hez was sitting on the bench behind the counter when Mattie walked in. There was a far-away look in his eyes. She saw the various kegs of nails still sitting around. It didn't look like he'd done anything since she left. "Hez, is everything okay? Did you get done with the inventory?"

Hezekiah was never one to avoid saying something that needed to be said. "You were seen kissing Eric Clayborn. You want to tell about that?"

Damn, it was too early for him to find out. How, she wondered. What the hell, it took place right in front of the general store, of course he knows already. "It was nothing, Hez. Let it go."

"Let it go?" his voice rose in volume, something that didn't happen very often. "Did he force himself on you?"

"No, he didn't force himself on me."

"Then why? Roy said you kissed him. He said it looked like it wasn't the first time. What the hell's going on, Mattie? Jesus Christ, the Clayborn brothers?"

"Sometimes a woman just likes to be taken, Hez. Eric Clayborn is a man, a real man. I can feel his power when he holds me," she cried. "Billy is what--nineteen, twenty, and he's already twice the man you are. This isn't the place for us, Hez. Men out here don't ask for things, they take what they want--by force if they have to. Eric makes me feel like a woman."

Tears filled her eyes. She knew she wounded him badly. She didn't want to do that but she had no choice now. It almost killed her to see the pain she'd inflicted.

"Mattie, I...I..." he didn't know what to say. Evidently he'd lost her love and had no clue it was happening. He was under the impression she liked it in Carlyle. What happened? How could she have changed so drastically and he'd not seen it coming?

"Look, Hez, let's get out of this place; go back home to Philadelphia."

He saw no reason to go back to Philly. If she didn't love him anymore, what was the sense? She wouldn't love him anymore back east than in Carlyle. "If you want to go back to Philadelphia go ahead. I'm staying here. This is my home."

His words were devastating. He'd pretty much told her he could live without her. This was not what she wanted but she had no idea what to do about it.

For the first time since they'd met, things were very cool between them. You might even say downright cold. They talked to each other only when necessary. Hez was sleeping on a cot in the back room of the store. Old man Towers put it back there for him when he first started working there and didn't have the money for a room.

Every day Hezekiah died a little more inside as he watched his lovely Mattie treat him with apathy. Nothing made sense. He still loved her but she obviously no longer loved him back. The thought left him feeling empty and lost. Every night it was a chore to fall asleep because he couldn't stop asking himself why. Each day just kind of passed then merged into the next.

It had been two months since Mattie's declaration of lost love. Hez had been walking around in a fog the whole time. He was lonely. He was not a regular at the Lone Star, far from it. He'd actually only seen the inside of the place five or six times in all the years he'd lived there but somehow he found himself standing in front of it one night—why not, he asked himself with a sigh, what else did he have to do.

Jerry was surprised to see him walk in for two reasons; one, he just wasn't a frequent customer; two, because he'd heard the trail drive was over and the boys would be back any day.

"What the hell are you still doing here? Are you nuts?"

Hez hadn't even ordered a drink yet. He looked at Jerry with confusion. "What are you talking about? I just walked in."

"No, I don't mean here in my bar, I mean here in town. Billy and Eric will be back any day now."

"So?"

"Didn't Mattie tell you?" He could see Hezekiah was still confused and didn't understand why Mattie wouldn't have told him. "Listen, they were in here during the round up. They heard that you were trying to get Wyatt Earp for the sheriff and got really mad. They said they were going to teach you who ran the town when they got back. They..." his words started to drift.

"What, Jerry, they what?"

"Well, they said some nasty things about what they were going to do to Mattie, too. I told her months ago. Didn't she tell you? I thought you two would be gone by now. You got to get out of town, Hez. Who knows what those two will do to you."

Suddenly things were starting to make sense. He looked up at Jerry and thanked him, then left in a hurry. The store was closed. Mattie was upstairs cooking dinner when he burst through the door.

"Why didn't you tell me about the Clayborn brothers threatening me?"

"Oh God!" She sat down on a kitchen chair and looked into his angry face. "I...because you're so damn stubborn. I knew if I told you I'd never get you out of town. You'd feel like you were running away and I knew you'd never do that."

Things were coming together more and more by the minute. "Is that what all this has been about? A couple months ago you wanted to go back east for a visit. When that didn't work you kissed those two bastards and told me you didn't love me anymore..."

"I never said that, Hez. I never said I didn't love you anymore."

"Well you sure gave a good impression of it, Mattie. What was the plan?"

She saw no reason to keep the charade going. "I didn't really have a plan. When Eric kissed me like that I thought maybe I could talk him out of hurting you if he thought I had feelings for him. You weren't supposed to know anything about it, at least not for a while, but when you confronted me less than an hour later I didn't know what to do.

"At first I thought maybe it was better that you knew. I figured you'd want to get me away from here, away from them. I still don't understand why you insisted on staying here if you thought there was a chance I'd run off with them."

"Mattie, if you didn't love me anymore it wouldn't matter where we lived. If it wasn't them it'd be somebody else in another town."

She couldn't argue with his logic. His answer was actually a small relief. "I...I thought it was because you just didn't care anymore. I was so scared but I had to get you out of here. I figured if you thought I didn't love you anymore that...well, maybe you'd go back to Philly to lick your wounds; maybe spend some time with your brother. You told me before you wouldn't leave me by myself but if you thought I didn't love you anymore maybe you would."

"What were you going to do if I was still here when they came back?"

Mattie lowered head. She couldn't meet his eyes. "If it came to it, I was prepared to offer myself to them if they wouldn't hurt you."

"You were ready to give yourself to them to save me?"

She still couldn't look him in the face. She nodded her head while staring at the floor. "I'm so sorry for hurting you, Hez. I...I didn't know what else to do."

He walked over and gently lifted her from the chair. He had a big smile stretched all the way across his face. Not only did she still love him but she loved him more than he imagined. He could feel her whole body trembling as he brought his lips to hers and enjoyed the first kiss they shared in two months.

"Come on," he told her, "it's been a while. Let me remind you how much I love you."

She smiled but looked past him at the fire glowing in the wood burning stove. "What about dinner?"

"To hell with dinner," he said with a grin. "We're going to bed. Then tomorrow you're going to pack and Friday you're getting on the stage. I'm sending you home until all this blows over."

laptopwriter
laptopwriter
3,554 Followers