Carnal Cravings: Porn For Couples

Story Info
Review of a "couple's" adult film "Carnal Cravings"
939 words
3.78
31.6k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'm probably the biggest fan of softcore porn on late night cable TV. Most big name cable providers (Dish, Direct TV, etc) have softcore adult movies that come on late night, but these are entirely different animals than the porno found on the big name adult channels like Playboy, Spice, etc. These B movies are found on Cinemax, Showtime and The Movie Channel starting 12am or sooner depending on the West/East coast time zones. They've long been a part of cable TV itself and many of the actresses and actors have earned a fandom and living off these movies. Names like Monique Parent, Monique Alexander, Tane McLure, Angela Davies, Frankie Cullen, Danny Pape, Kira Reed, Dan Anderson, Frank Harper, Matt Dalpiaz and others. I caught one particularly striking film late one night and found it to be of interest for couples. It may not be the best cure for waning sexuality, but it may just wet your appetite and you might find it somewhat helpful. It's called "Carnal Cravings", released in 2007 and starring Monique Parent, Danny Pape, Monique Alexander, Tyler Faith, Jassie, Dino Bravo and Billy Chappell. These actors have done many of the same kind of films and are from the same network that casts them into this franchise.

In this soft core adult B movie, Monique Parent stars as Natalie, a beautiful and mature psychiatrist who organizes a "sex therapy" class for relationships whose sex lives are in trouble. Three beautiful young women, Debbie (Monique Alexander), Sharon (Tyler Faith) and Brooke (Jassie) are having problems with their men - Rob (Danny Pape), Mitch (Dino Bravo) and Jeff (Billy Chappell). They complain to their therapist that their sex lives are missing a spark, that it's routine and dull. After each session, they attempt to practice what they've learned but each time a problem ensues. For Debbie, things get really complicated when her boyfriend's wife (whom he hasn't divorced yet) shows up again and lures him to bed (played by Cytherea). This throws her into the arms of her girlfriend Sharon with whom she had once experimented sexually. But this time Sharon and Debbie engage in a threesome with Sharon's man Mitch. That doesn't work out either since Sharon becomes jealous of Debbie. It's not until at the end when everyone confronts each other and their problems directly in a therapy session that their problems are resolved and everyone's sex life is good again - and a foursome in a hot tub marks their celebration!

As for as the sex goes, there are several sex scenes between each couple, female masturbation scenes, a threesome and foursome finale. The quality of the sex scenes are, in my opinion, very erotic, but erotic as opposed to hardcore sex or graphic sex which is the focus of most mainstream porno. You'll find the type of slower-paced simulated sex scenes found in cable TV including hotel cable. These sex scenes are far more intimate and there is only some full frontal nudity but no actual penetration or shots of genitals. Beautiful and erotic, pulsating music plays as the slow motion sex happens. It has a therapeutic effect and can indeed be copied in real life by couples actually having sex.

This movie has lots of dialog scenes and couples being couples, it's going to be dubbed a woman's porno and or "couples' porno". If you're sex life really needs improvement, this movie might help you! Keep in mind that all this is the stuff Cinemax is made of, so despite the realism of couples with problems, this sort of stuff does not happen in real life. It's rather long ( 1 hour and 40 minutes), long for the usual one hour deals on cable, and it does have lots of dialog and acting (which I like). The therapist played by Monique Parent, while a good performance, is unrealistic. All that sex in her own home! Despite her intelligent chatter, she's still all about the hot sex. But Monique relishes her performance and gives her best. Sex is still the focus of this film and the objective is to get the couples to prioritize sex, albeit to save their relationship.

"Carnal Cravings" is a soft core adult film for women. It's obvious that some male viewers, as shown by the previous review, find "relationship" talk and "thinking man's sex" too much of a "chick flick" kinda movie, and seems oddly out of place in the real of porno. But one has to remember that soft core is not exactly mainstream porno. These movies are made by independent movie companies and the actors are not actual adult film stars (though some are) and they specialize in soft core adult films, which usually entails dialog, acting and a PLOT. When a real plot is thrown into an adult film, it suddenly becomes a little more than a porno. Time and again, I've found that these softcore flicks have good stories, good scripts and acting and sometimes (though not always) a very meaningful message about relationships. Often it puts up a mirror to reality and what most couples go through. Female viewers enjoy the intimacy and relationship elements in these movies. They aren't just about fucking. Consequently, couples's sex lives can be improved by watching these movies.

Nowadays the porn industry has eliminated plot, character and good scripts in favor of solid hardcore sex scenes. It's refreshing to see an adult movie that leaves you thinking, feeling and even learning something. I liked the acting, especially by Monique Parent. It's a really cool film in the end. Women should enjoy this! I know I did.