Carnal Knowledge Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The earl seemed unaffected by the fact she was screeching at him like a fishwife in the marketplace.

"I truly have some business to attend to and then we have...shall we say...an interesting masquerade to attend."

"You cannot be serious!" Dumbfounded, Eliza jerked at the ties of her bonnet and snatched it violently off her head. "You lied to me, your children, and your guests—so we could attend a party?"

She shook her head in disgust. "I know the gentry are eccentric—all that inbreeding I suppose. And you certainly never have a qualm for anyone's feelings but your own-"

He frowned.

"But, this!" She cast around for the words to even possibly explain her thoughts. "This is beyond the pale even for a nefarious cur like you!"

He mouthed the words "nefarious cur" as though impressed.

Eliza angrily swiped a tear off her cheek. "How could you! And—and—to the point, how DARE you? Are you completely mad?" she demanded.

"I did feel badly lying to you about your mother," he said. "Surely that redeems me a mite?" One corner of his mouth tilted up, attempting, she supposed, to look repentant.

She slapped him hard in the chest with her bonnet. "It redeems you not a damn bit," she grated and flounced back on the seat.

"I loathe you," she said with feeling.

He shrugged and laid her bonnet to the side. "At least we're free of the sticky web and machinations of Lady Pelham and Miss Pratt." He nudged the large covered basket in the floor of the carriage with the toe of his boot. "I wonder what Cook packed for luncheon."