Caroline's Naked Ride

Story Info
A story of one young woman's discovery of public nudity
17.8k words
4.59
60.5k
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

© 2016 by Kelsey d'Eligny

FOREWORD

Based on true events, this is the story of a young woman's first experience of public nudity at a World Naked Bike Ride, which inspired her increasingly daring adventures. This embarrassed nude female has an erotic awakening as she explores the limits of exhibitionism on her bicycle and elsewhere. Her girlfriends would be shocked, or will they loosen up? She soon has a surprising accomplice. This novel has something for fans of ENF, NIP, Voyeurism and Exhibitionism. WARNING: contains some explicit sexual scenes.

Note: The annual World Naked Bike Ride is not about naturism, and neither is about sex. Nonetheless, different people have different responses to being naked in public. This story is about some of them. It is inspired by a true story, and many of the events described actually happened, though not necessarily in the order described, and names and details have been changed.

CHAPTER ONE -- PREPARATIONS

C

aroline dropped into her seat, a little breathless from running to her London-bound train and securing her bicycle. She'd had a bit too much wine on the beach and was feeling somewhat giddy.

I can't believe I did it! she thought to herself. I can't believe I've been cycling around Brighton undressed! She looked down at the high-visibility green T-shirt and black running shorts she had put back on and marvelled that they had spent most of the afternoon tucked away in her pannier. Even her below-the-shoulder blonde hair was free of her usual cycle helmet as her mind went back over the remarkable events of the day.

She had arrived in Brighton by train from London late that morning and found her friends Becky and Prudence waiting in front of the station with their bicycles. Becky, the taller of the two, was a striking beauty with long, Pre-Raphaelite locks of coppery red hair and a mischievous twinkle in her green eyes. She wore a long, flowing sundress that showed off a slim figure that was curvy where it should be. This whole thing was her crazy idea, as she was always the one in the group daring enough to try something outrageous -- nothing dangerous or disgraceful, of course, but daring within the girls' sheltered realm of experience.

By contrast, Prudence was reserved and restrained. Her no-nonsense straight, mid-back length black hair, conservative clothes and general demeanour fit her more cautious and conventional outlook on life. Next to most girls other than Caroline and Becky, she would stand out as pretty, but in their company (as she had been for three years at university), although definitely attractive and with a good figure, she was often overlooked -- but that's usually the way she wanted it. She thought this idea was crazy but, as always seemed to be the case, she went along with Becky's persistent urging.

They all gave out friendly squeals and began hugging each other, before finally slipping into a big, three-way hug.

"I can't believe we haven't seen you for a whole year!" Becky said to Caroline as Prudence nodded. The three former flatmates had all finished university up north together just before the last summer. Becky and Prudence found jobs and moved into a flat together in Brighton, while Caroline had found her dream job in London at a large company in the travel industry. It was just a desk job, but she hoped it might eventually lead to opportunities for travel. She had been lucky enough to find a cosy flat in Southwest London slightly north of the Thames that was just about affordable if she shared it with a friend.

Though London and Brighton were less than an hour apart by train and the girls often thought about meeting up, they had all been really busy that first summer with their new jobs and lives, and once the weather turned colder they kept putting off plans until nicer weather came. At last, it was a glorious Sunday in early June and the sun was shining.

"And I can't believe what's brought us together again. I'm so excited, I can't wait!" replied Caroline.

"Well, I think it's crazy, but Becky insisted. It was all her idea," grumbled Prudence.

"Oh, don't be a grouch, silly," said Becky. "Anyway, we all agreed we won't be showing anything in our underwear, so lighten up and enjoy the view!" Prudence playfully slapped Becky's shoulder.

"Yeah, what on earth were you thinking of, Becky? Why the WBRN, or whatever it is?" asked Caroline.

"WNBR -- World Naked Bike Ride," corrected Becky. "I can't believe you haven't heard of it before. There was a huge ride in London yesterday -- over a thousand cyclists. You should have gone."

"In London? You must be mad. What if someone I knew from work saw me? What if Mike found out? I'm glad to be where no one knows me -- except you two."

"Oh, don't make such a big deal about it. And Mike needs to loosen up on the reins a little," replied Becky.

Though Caroline definitely had mixed feelings about the idea of cycling with a bunch of naked people, she agreed with Becky's last remark. Mike had been Caroline's boyfriend since their second year at university, and he would not have been pleased to know what the girls were planning to do. He had made it clear long ago that he did not like Caroline to wear revealing clothes, and at his insistence she always wore a conservative one-piece bathing costume at the pool or beach. He didn't even like it if she wore a skirt shorter than mid-thigh (except for tennis, of course).

"What Mike doesn't know won't hurt him," said Caroline. "But why on earth did you think I would go along with this, Becky?"

"Well, you always go on about how cycling is the only way to get around. This is all about promoting awareness of cyclists. What could be more visible than three gorgeous naked babes on bicycles cycling all over Brighton?"

"No way, Becky," interrupted Prudence. "We agreed on bras and knickers."

"Yeah, I meant figuratively naked. And I'm sure we'll still be noticeable even with lots of others literally naked."

A tiny part of Caroline was actually a little disappointed they were all to wear underwear for the ride. It was still only a tiny part, but this was quite a change from Caroline's first reaction to Becky's suggestion, which had been utter shock. There was no way, she felt, that nice girls like them could ever be NAKED in public. It was only a small consolation when Becky explained that total nudity was not required and that many cycled in their underwear. It was typical that Becky would be up for something that daring, but not Caroline. In the weeks that followed the wild suggestion, though, Caroline found herself thinking more and more about it, and the more she thought about it, the more she found something strangely appealing about the idea.

It wasn't so much that Caroline actually wanted to expose herself in underwear (and actual nudity seemed out of the question), it's that it represented the opposite of what she had always been expected to do. All her life, she'd been told to do well in school, dress and behave properly, work hard in university and get a good job. She'd done all that without question, but now she was on her own, living her own life and tired of being told what to do -- and especially of being told what not to do. It wasn't just Mike who exerted pressure on how she dressed; her parents were also quite strait-laced about that sort of thing, and growing up Caroline had just gleaned from them that nice girls didn't wear short skirts, form-fitting or revealing clothes.

While she had never really felt a desire to push those particular boundaries, it didn't seem fair that just as she was stretching out on her own and being independent of her parents, she was restrained by the equally prudish Mike. She stuck with him -- in fact, Mike had left a flat he shared with some of his rugby buddies and moved into Caroline's flat when her first flatmate moved out a few months before -- in part because as her first and only lover, she hadn't known anything else, but also because what he seemed to expect of her was no different from what she had always just assumed she was meant to be. She had never really explored any other ways she might be, let alone how she wanted to be.

So when Becky suggested the three girls all do the Brighton World Naked Bike Ride, after the initial shock, Caroline began wondering what it would feel like to do something so completely unexpected. It was in a good cause, and one that Caroline was eager to support, and Becky was adamant that it had nothing to do with sex or titillation. It wasn't cycling naked that was indecent; it was overdependence on oil and inadequate provisions for safe cycling as an altogether better and cleaner alternative. When Caroline added in the fact that it would be exercising independence from a lifetime of edicts from her parents and Mike, she began to love the idea. She even caught herself thinking about actually cycling naked in public, although she knew she could never go that far, and sensing a fleeting flush of excitement, before being overcome with fear. She was terrified at the thought of being naked in public, but she also undeniably found something about the idea intriguing and exciting.

She was confused by the conflicting feelings, but nonetheless, she was inexplicably drawn to Becky's suggestion. She even caught herself briefly hoping that Becky would actually insist the girls all ride naked, as that would take responsibility for the decision out of Caroline's hands, but she took comfort in the fact that she knew there was no way Prudence would go along with that. Though she had felt a tinge of disappointment at the decision to wear bras and knickers, she felt an even greater sense of relief -- at first. Later, she realised that she actually found the fear of being naked in public was itself part of the excitement, and she even began to worry that cycling in underwear would feel too safe and unadventurous. As the day had drawn near, she alternated between one feeling and the other before finally deciding on what she hoped would be the perfect compromise.

"So anyway, which way do we go? We've got all day to catch up, but we don't need to do it standing here," said Caroline, impatiently excited -- and a little nervous.

"Come on -- follow me," shouted Becky as she struck out on her bicycle while Caroline and Prudence hurried to catch up.

In only a few minutes, they arrived at The Level, a large open park where the riders were assembling. There were already several hundred people there, milling around a large temporary fence enclosure. Some, mostly older men, were wandering around outside the fence stark naked. Caroline and Becky exchanged an amused look, while Prudence just rolled her eyes. Curious to know what the green enclosure was all about, Caroline led the others to the tented entrance and asked.

"That's the body painting and privacy area. Go right in," said a young, naked woman behind the table at the entrance.

"Body painting -- yay!" said Becky.

"Privacy -- yay!" mimicked Prudence. The three girls wheeled their bicycles in, leaned them against a pile of others and went to look around. Though most people inside the fence were still dressed, many were naked or most of the way there. There were more older men than the girls had expected, but there were also lots and lots of younger men and women, naked or partially dressed. There were groups of friends of both sexes casually chatting with each other while some were in shorts, some women topless, and some as naked as the day they were born. No one seemed to notice or mind.

Caroline noticed, though. She had never seen an adult penis other than Mike's, and she flushed a little at the sight of so many casually on display. She knew in theory that they came in all shapes and sizes but was astounded to see just how different they all were in person. She spotted one that seemed enormous -- much bigger than Mike's. She saw some that looked tiny and shrivelled, others that looked stubby, but some, she found herself thinking, that looked much nicer than Mike's, which she had always thought looked funny. She just thought that all of them must look the way Mike's did, as she'd never seen any others in the flesh, and she hadn't even really seen many pictures.

In school, when the other girls sometimes gathered round at pyjama parties to look at pictures of naked men that one or another of them had found, Caroline always turned up her nose at their immature gawping and giggling. She fancied herself more grown up than they were, but the fact of the matter was that she'd been a late bloomer, and apparently her hormones hadn't kicked in as soon as the others. By the time she was actually curious herself about penises, her friends were beyond that. So this was her first good opportunity to see what real penises actually looked like -- and she was amazed.

One in particular stood out, perhaps because its owner was very similar to Mike in stature and build. He was very fit and athletic, with well-defined but not excessively big muscles, and in place of Mike's funny looking, slightly lopsided penis, this fellow's was smooth, beautifully-proportioned and circumcised -- she'd certainly never seen that before. While it looked somewhat bigger than Mike's, it seemed neither too big nor too small. As this man's penis and testicles gently swayed as he walked across the enclosure, they just seemed perfectly proportioned to his body. It had never occurred to Caroline that a man's genitals could be simply ... beautiful.

Mike's penis, by comparison, seemed crooked, veiny and wrinkled -- not pretty at all to look at. Caroline did not like to think too much about his testicles at all. A scrotum, she thought, could never be pleasant to look at. Perhaps that's why she never minded that Mike disliked being naked at home with the lights on, and she had always felt -- or assumed she felt -- just as uptight about nudity. In any event, Caroline caught herself wondering how all these various penises (and one in particular) changed when they were ... aroused. Then, when she realised how flustered she was getting, she stopped herself and joined her two friends, who had wandered over to the edge of a cluster in the middle of the enclosure.

In the centre of the cluster was a table with paints and brushes on it, and all around it people were applying paint to bare skin. Some, mostly men, were completely naked, but a number of the women were topless in knickers or bikini bottoms only. The girls watched in amazement as a man in baggy shorts painted a topless woman. Both looked to be about thirty give or take a couple of years. The man slowly and carefully drew a blue spiral pattern radiating out from the woman's left nipple until it covered her entire breast before filling in the remaining unpainted skin in white. Then he did the same on her left breast. He then changed brushes and painted 'DRIVER, CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?' in bright orange across her bare ribcage just under her breasts.

"Your turn!" said the woman, as she took the orange brush and wrote 'CURB CAR CULTURE' across the man's chest. Then she picked up the blue brush and looked at him, raising her eyebrows. He just stood there a moment, his mouth slightly open as if he was about to say something but couldn't. Eventually, the woman just nodded and the man, now looking a bit nervous and reluctant, slowly undid the button and zip of his shorts. The three girls watched in eager expectation, each wondering what underwear he was wearing, so all were equally surprised when they saw first his bushy public hair at the gap in his zip and then ... everything else, as his baggy shorts dropped to the ground. He hadn't been wearing underwear at all. The woman reached out and held his penis horizontal as she knelt down and began to draw a similar spiral (though pedants will insist it was a helix) from the base of his penis to the tip in blue and then white. Thank goodness it isn't red paint, thought Caroline, or it would look like a barber pole.

When she was done with the spiral/helix, the woman, still holding the man's penis delicately by two fingers near the tip so as not to smear the paint, reached over to the table and picked up a brush with yellow paint on it. She gingerly lifted the man's penis higher and began applying the yellow paint to his balls. The three girls stared with open mouths as they saw the man's testicles react inside his scrotum to the tickling of the paint brush -- one rising at its first touch while the other seemed to drop, then the other way around. Prudence suddenly blushed bright red and turned away, but Caroline and Becky were glued to the sight. When she was done, the woman let go of the man's penis, but it did not drop quite straight down to the hanging position it had been in when the girls first saw it. Caroline looked at the man's face and was amused to see he was no longer reluctant but smiling.

The woman stood, and the man then leaned over to whisper something. It must have been, "Now it's your turn again!" thought Caroline, as the woman suddenly shook her head with a worried expression. The man just smiled and nodded just as the woman had done to him. After a long pause, the woman sighed at began to wriggle out of her bikini bottoms. This time, the girls were not greeted with the sight of pubic hair as the garment slowly cleared the woman's hips. Her pubis was shaved clean, and judging by her tan lines, she might have been accustomed to going topless, but not bottomless. She was clearly embarrassed as her face flushed, but she wasn't going to let embarrassment get the better of her. She planted her feet squarely about shoulder width apart and her hands squarely on her hips.

The man took the yellow paint brush, knelt down as the woman had before and began painting a thick yellow line encircling her vulva, about the diameter of a hand spread out. The top reached to where her pubic hair would have begun if she'd still had any, while at the sides it reached past where her thighs met her torso, and then down the tops of her legs. If the woman's legs had been together, the bottom would have met about two inches below where, from the front, her labia minora disappeared from view. All the girls noticed that her labia were quite prominent, quite apart having a bright yellow circle around them, as they protruded from by one-and a half to two centimetres or more between her outer lips where they flared out like little wings. Mine don't stick out that much unless I'm, very aroused, though Caroline. I wondered if that's what she is feeling. She also noticed that the woman's clitoral hood, which extended about halfway down between her labia (or what was visible of them from the front), was even longer than her own, which Caroline had always thought quite big.

The man then proceeded to fill in the circle first at the top and sides, but then he began to draw the paint brush over the last remaining area -- the triangle formed by the tops of her legs. Slowly, he drew the brush repeatedly over her outer lips covering one half of the triangle, then the other, at last daubing her prominent labia as well (flipping the little wings this way and that with his brush to reach both sides) until she was uniformly yellow. Caroline tried to imagine what it would be like for her to stand naked in a crowd of people while Mike painted circles around her nipples, then spiralling out over her breasts and then turning his brush to her pubic area, stroking and daubing her outer and then inner lips. As she closed her eyes for a moment and tried to picture herself, she felt a flush in her cheeks and a decided warmth in her loins. Then her mind's eye looked again at Mike, and she realised the idea was absurd and shook it off.