All Comments on 'Carol's Christmas'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 337 Comments (Page 4)
SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story, just heartbreaking that in reality no cheating wife would turn back, since all they believe in is themselves.

TLHianhinTLHianhinabout 1 year ago

Really really well written. It also struck a chord with me on a personal level as it reminded me what Christmas is and should be about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

very nice story.

Calico75Calico7512 months ago

A very nice Christmas story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Another good story by the author. So far I haven't read a bad one by him yet. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

RE: steelpaperT. Years ago, my wife and I were drifting apart. On opposite shifts to accommodate

child care for our two kids and never seeing each other weekdays and often weekends, my co worker began flirting. I could hear her arguing with her spouse for the same things- 'no time together anymore'. And I could see the two of us as a couple... WTF?! To reverse course, I resumed wearing my wedding band to work, to remind myself that I had one, who gave it to me and why. Good take of the Dickens classic. 5 stars

Anon56

Arinderk75Arinderk7512 months ago

Wonderful story! A very unique, but outstanding, concept for the Loving Wives category. Thank you.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhere11 months ago

I think some un-named very nice gentleman really has a heart of gold. Thanks be upon you ST.

Pappy7Pappy710 months ago

You do tug at the heartstrings on occasion.

RanDog025RanDog02510 months ago

Dang I forgot how much I loved this story until now, thank you! 5 GREAT BIG STARS! Thanks Saddle Tramp for this one, again.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A really great, sappy tale. Five stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

well shucks that is one sappy happy story. WELLLLLLLL DONE thank YOU

Arinderk75Arinderk7510 months ago

A wonderful story. Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I’m sure that not everyone who has read Charles Dickens has applied his conclusions in a Christmas Carol to everyday life. Instead you made it easy and clear to those who would participate in adulterous acts the purpose of Dickkens’ writing. 5 gold stars!

bazdadbazdad9 months ago

what a great story you have an amazing imagination and talent

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I wish someone intervened for me. I have no idea how many men and women I’ve fucked during our long marriage. One of our boys is not his. I fucked his boss for years. He found out finally.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I do believe Mr. Dikens is pleased with your version of his tale and any time you want to play anything from Chip Davis it will be a refreshing pause from the day's problems. Really enjoyed the cameo appearance of so many of your characters.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A truly lovely story taking in a lot of the problems, stresses and heartbreak dropped on people, families, and even companies trying to do their best for their selves and the people they employ. Christmas seems to help many cope with a bit of joy and understanding. With so much conflict around the world one wonders how long the "good guys" will win. Merry Christmas to all and hopefully a better New Year.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

5 Stars on a great story . I wish I had caught my ex when she first cheated on Me . It would have been 2 weeks before we got married .. CPA 's rock

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I cried, thank you!!

49ers6949ers697 months ago

Outstanding. I'm a happily ever after kind of guy.

Harvey8910Harvey89106 months ago

This was a very clever story about three ghosts appearing to Carol showing her the error of her ways if she cheats on Raymond with Jake. She is shown the consequences of her actions. She admitted that she never understood the consequences that her cheating would have on her husband and her son. She learned that Jake and other executives in her company considered her the ice queen and that Jake wanted to fuck her to put another notch on his belt for another woman at the company that he seduced. Carol learned that after cheating with Jake, her husband divorces her and remarries. Her son wants nothing to do with her. Then, to top it all off, she catches Jake cheating on her with another and much younger woman. She wakes up in the end resolved to be the best wife she can be. Great story and an interesting use of the Dickensian Ghost of Marley shtick. Five stars, for sure.

Harvey8910Harvey89106 months ago

In reading all of the comments to this story, 300 plus comments, I find myself looking back on my time with my family when I was 8 years old. I knew that there was something wrong with my Mom and all the strange men she brought into the house when Dad was at work. I did not understand what they were doing at my house, drinking my Dad’s booze and flirting with my Mom. I did not understand why she seemed to welcome their attention. I could see that my Mom and Dad did not get along very well. I used to lie in my bed hearing their arguments and wishing that I could get up, go downstairs, and stop them from fighting. I could see how alcohol was involved in their vicious arguments and felt helpless to stop the fighting. I even blamed myself wondering if I could have been a better son to both of them, hoping that the bliss of a family like in the Donna Reed Show or Fathers Knows Best Show would start happening in my family. I had six brothers and sisters who saw and heard what I saw and heard but I never talked about my thoughts with them and I wondered if they even saw what I was seeing and heard what I was hearing. When I was ten years old, I remember that around Christmas, during on vicious argument, Mom was slapping Dad several times as they fought and Dad hit Mom, gave her a black eye, and stormed out of the house. They tried to reconcile but it was over. I also realized that Mom had a mental illness that I did not understand at the time but I saw the depressing lows and the manic highs of her disease manifest themselves even at this young age. My fantastic relationship with my Dad crumbled on that day and was never the same again. Mom tried to say it was all his fault in the morning after but I heard the argument and knew what her part was in the argument. It was never all Dad’s fault. Later in life, I realized that he was a good man who picked the wrong woman to marry. All my life, I have been wary of mental illness in friends and associates. If my radar detected any hint of a manic-depressive problem in the person, I would forever shun them and not explain my behavior. It has been my defense mechanism to protect myself from ever having to deal with what my Dad had to deal with until he left home and divorced my Mom. I prayed that my children, two wonderful boys, would not be afflicted with mental illness nor alcoholism. These two illnesses have plagued our family for all of my 70 years on this earth. I was thankful that I did not have either of these afflictions and our sons and their children, four wonderful grandchildren, do not seem to have either affliction as far as I can see so far. Quite a flood of thoughts from my memory banks triggered by SaddleTramp’s story.

willyk1212willyk12126 months ago

love those happy endings

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Always an enjoyable read my good sir.

Taco76310Taco763105 months ago

Wish something like that would have happened to my wife. You wonder why the bad seem to get rewarded in this life but we are not promised an easy life but one that will be rewarded in our next. A belated Blessed Christmas to you and may you have a Blessed New Year from someone who lives in Wichita Falls. Oh yes great story.

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

It won't come as a surprise to anyone that I give this story 5 stars from Xluckylee. Your stories have entertained me for quite a while. Please don't stop sharing your stories.

SatyrDickSatyrDick4 months ago

[09.02.24]

Top Shelf!

11/10 Christmas Puppies!!!!!

ForensicFossilForensicFossil4 months ago

Jake

Was selfish, sure, and callous towards Ray and Timmy, but he had real feelings for Carol. Not a predator pure and simple, in my book.

jflindersjflinders4 months ago

This was a cute idea and a cute story. It would have been every bit of good without Ray's completely idle threat, as a father who had been out of town pretty much full time, to go for custody and without the idea that he had any right to sue to enforce her company's non-fraternization policy.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One of the best stories that I have read. It just shows that hot sex is not a must for a really good story. Definitely 5 stars.

RustyReaderRustyReader2 months ago

Well done...hearts and humanity...indeed feel!t real

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Whilst I am of the belief that once an affair has started it can never go back, I fully believe a good intervention before it gets to an uncrossable line is the best. This, whilst being fantastical, is one of those good interventions. Thanks for the read

NitpicNitpicabout 1 month ago
Dont

Don't accept some parts,eg the divorce settlement shown by Dr A,no way would that have happened.Convenient Ray got a promotion after doing the same work for years and there is no way she would give up her job.A more likely scenario is that she will tell Ray she is fed up with him being away all the time and for him to cut back on it or change job,as she earns enough to cover any wage decrease.The alternative is ,if he doesn't stop travelling,she will file for divorce,which I think with him gone all the time is the right solution.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

You crafty old devil, ST! I never expected to be hit with a tearjerker by you, of all people. A beautiful piece of writing fully deserving of the five stars I've awarded it. I actually read this story and posted this comment in the middle of May but that did nothing to dilute it's impact in any way.

JR

ViolentKnightViolentKnight17 days ago

Beautiful.

5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...