Carrying On Ch. 01

Story Info
The continuation of My Dearest Becky.
11.1k words
4.69
13.4k
23

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/28/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks to everyone who left comments, it really is nice to hear your kind words. Sorry this one took so long, life has a way of keeping us from what we enjoy. This is more of Andrew's story, and more will come as I find time to write. I hope you all have enjoyed it thus far and continue to enjoy it.

**********

Deployment was over, but returning to life afterward is a whole new battle. Sure it seems easy, but when two people have been apart from each other for so long; leading separate lives, having different priorities, valuing different things, things can get a tad, strained.

We were released by 9, getting late in the restaurant business. I'm sure there were a few places open, but it would easily be an hour until we were ready to get food. Our return home needed to be marked by celebration, yet it would have to wait until tomorrow night. Aside from the late hour, most of us were feeling energized.

Carl, Jeanna, Lauren and I headed to the hotel. We had all dropped our things at the barracks when we arrived, even before dropping the guns at the gun park. We hit up a taco bell on the way, more for the necessary sustenance it provided than for actual quality. I will admit though, having a Baja Blast was a nice thing to return to.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think there was tension in the air. Nobody was making suggestions of things to do or offering ideas for the following day. I assumed they wanted me to make the plans, since I had been gone what amounts to an obscene amount of time. As far as deployments go, it wasn't all that long. The Army is gone up to 15 months sometimes, making my paltry 9 months feel like no time at all.

Once we got inside, and I got changed back into civilian attire, we met back up in Lauren's room. She had gotten a room for herself and Ryan, while the rest of us couples had our own rooms. Ryan had told her that he would catch up with us later, and stay with her while his family got their own rooms.

"So, what's the plan?" Carl asked.

Lauren, Carl and Jeanna sat on the bed, while Becky sat in my lap on the desk chair. Nobody responded, and though I had my eyes closed, I could tell that all eyes were on me. I knew what I wanted to do, but I had to make a call first. I shifted Becky's weight, what little there was, and got my phone out.

"Ryan, what are your plans?" I asked when he picked up.

"The family and I found a bar. What about you guys?" He asked.

"We thought we would join you, if you don't mind being associated with us vagabonds."

He laughed at my description of us. "Please, you guys aren't vagabonds, not compared to the vagrant I have with me."

"Tyler?" I asked jokingly.

"The very same," he said. His tone was serious.

"OK, we'll be there as soon as we can. Try and keep him from getting arrested before we get there."

"Is Lauren coming?"

"Is the Pope Catholic?"

"Touché. See you soon."

Carl had rented a minivan, though not without a fight. He drove with Jeanna riding shotgun and the rest of us in the back. I sat in the middle with Becky to my right and Lauren to my left. Both women held my hands as we drove, which was kinda strange until I remembered that someday I'd be her brother in law.

That thought got my wheels turning. I had to properly propose to Becky, and I had to do it well. I also had to tell my parents about the engagement.

My parents. I needed to call them. They hadn't come to welcome me due to my mother's health. They had said it had something to do with my dad's upcoming retirement, but I knew better. Mom had a heart valve replacement not long before I deployed and her kidney function was starting to drop. It didn't surprise me that they couldn't come, I just wish they had been honest with me. Guess they didn't want me to worry too much.

We filed into the noisy atmosphere that was Johnny Ray's bar. It was small, with most of the floor space taken up by a stage and dance floor. The long bar had several sets of taps featuring various micro brews as well as the usual fair. The live band they had playing wasn't too bad, playing mostly cover songs of rock classics. We searched for Ryan and Tyler, though it wasn't hard to find them.

"Sergeant Anderson!" Tyler yelled in a slurred voice. "It's so good to have you back!"

"Tyler, how you holding up?" I asked.

"Fucking great!" He said, hugging me when he finally staggered over. "I've missed you!"

Carl laughed at the sight. He leaned in close to be heard over the music, "Well, an enchanted moment."

"Tombstone," I said, "Nicely done."

Tyler moved from person to person, trailing the unmistakable scent of scotch with him, and hugged everyone, including Carl. Once he was done, he escorted us to Ryan's table.

"Danny Ryan, how the hell are you?" I asked.

"I'm great now that reinforcements have arrived," he said, giving me a hug. Guys, this is my brother Nick, My father James and my mother Rita. Family, this is Sergeant Andrew Anderson, his fiancé Becky, best friend Carl, his fiancé Jeanna, and this," he took Lauren in his arms, "Is Lauren."

We exchanged pleasantries, then Becky and I went to fetch drinks for everyone. Tyler was trying to get me to get him another round, but I cut him off. I knew he wouldn't drop it there, but it bought us some time.

"So Andrew, how did they do over there?" James asked, his voice like a baritone.

"They did very well, I was impressed. I've deployed with Tyler before, but never with your son. He exceeded my expectations," I said.

"That's great, how long do you have left before you're out?" Rita asked.

"Monday morning."

"Drew got called back for this deployment," Ryan explained. "After Monday he is free of any obligations to the military."

"So why did you go back?" Nick asked. "Isn't there like a deferment or something you could have used to stay home?"

"Nick!" His mother scolded.

"No no, its fine," I said. "I could have gotten a deferment if I wanted, but its my duty to go. Besides, how else was I going to make sure these boys came home?"

"Yeah, but isn't there some way you could have done it without being in harms way?" Nick asked.

"How old are you?"

"21."

"OK, you may be a bit too young to understand it, but if I don't go, someone else will. Some other mothers son would have taken my place, and might not have come home. How would I be able to live with that?"

"Well, my psych professor says that wars are started by politicians to get more money out of us, and by supporting the war, you're supporting those politicians."

"Well, I'm not in politics, so I can't say that's true or not, but make no mistake, I don't support the war. I support those who have to go and fight it. If that means going back for round three, then so be it."

"Three tours?" James asked. "Wow, that's impressive."

"I wish I could agree with you sir, but all I've seen over there is hell."

We talked for a while longer, then Lauren, Becky and Jeanna pulled us guys out on the dance floor. We danced a while before returning to the table, only to find Tyler missing.

"Where did that little spawn of destruction get off to now?" Carl asked.

"I'll find him," I said, standing. I kissed Becky and went to the restroom first. He wasn't in there, and, after relieving myself, I headed out front to see if he was there.

He was sitting against the side of the building, smoking a cigarette. I went over and joined him, sitting next to him on the ground.

"You OK?" I asked.

"Yeah, just trying to sober up. You?"

"I'm OK I guess. It's so strange being home."

"I know, I keep wondering when I'm going to wake up back on ship."

"Yeah, I hate those dreams. Good thing this is real."

"Is it? I hope it isn't." He sounded so depressed.

"Why?"

"If it's real, that means Drake is still gone." He was on the edge of tears.

"I know what you mean. He was a good man."

"He was the best of us."

"He was. I can't imagine what his family is going through."

"Are you going to get his name on your ribs, like the others?"

"Of course. He deserves that and more. He saved Ryan and I, a debt which I can never repay."

"What do we do now?" He asked.

"Carry on, live our lives like he would have wanted."

"But how do we know what he would have wanted?"

"Drake wouldn't want us moping around, feeling sorry for ourselves at his loss. He would want us to try and be the best that we could be at whatever we wanted to do. Drake never quit, he certainly wouldn't want us to now."

"OK, you're right. So, what now?"

"We go back in and you ask Becky for a dance."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, just keep your hands where they belong."

"Why, you gonna beat my ass?" He joked.

"I'm not the one you should be concerned about. She's much scarier than I am."

"I believe that."

We stood and headed back in. Tyler danced with Becky and Lauren for a while, being mindful of his hands. The rest of us chatted away, hearing stories about Ryan when he was younger and telling stories of our deployments until last call.

We returned to the hotel late, exhausted and partially drunk. I had made sure to stay more on the sober side of things, just in case Becky decided she wanted me. It's a good thing I did too, she didn't waste a moment.

Seconds after I had I closed and locked the door, she was pulling me in for another kiss. I had no complaints, because this was just the beginning. She had kept our kissing low on the passion scale, so as not to end the night too soon. Now that we were alone and nobody expected us until the late afternoon, it was on like Donkey Kong.

The passion flowed between us like a river, any inhibition we may have felt was swept away. Our tongues danced, snaking back and forth as we worked our way towards the bed.

She wasted no time. I could tell this wouldn't be the sensual love making I had kinda hoped for, yet I was also relieved. After all that happened today, I wasn't ready for the extended amount of time required to properly male love to my Becky.

"I love you so much," I said as she worked my belt off and started on my pants.

"I love you too baby. I've missed you so much," she replied, shoving my pants down and pulling her shirt over her head.

"I've missed you too my love," I managed to get out as she began to stroke my hardness.

Her hand was cold, but the motion felt so amazing that the temperature was forgotten. She worked my length as she kissed me again, showing me every feeling she had longed for since my departure. As my mind whirled, she slowly dropped to her knees and wrapped her soft lips around my engorged head.

I knew I wouldn't last long, I'd known it from the moment she began kissing me. I hadn't felt the touch of another for almost a year, so I didn't worry about trying to delay anything for our pleasure. That would return in time, now was just about us, and all that we had endured.

Her tongue made circles around my shaft as her head bobbed up and down, her every touch light as a feather. Her mouth was warm and wet, and soft as silk. She took all of me down her throat before I had to stop her, not wanting it to be over too soon.

"Lay that beautiful body down, it's my turn," I said.

She removed her pants and underwear in one swift motion, tossing them onto the floor. She followed this with her bra, sending it flying past my head. She laid on her back, legs together and held high. I dropped to my knees and spread her thighs gently, revealing the treasure I had missed for so long.

"My god," I said softly.

"What?"

"Still as beautiful as I remember." I ran a finger across her slit, her juices flowing as her body responded to my touch. "And just as soft too."

"Stop teasing me baby," she whined. "Lick me, please."

How could I say no? I ran my tongue across her lips, the already moist folds opening just a bit more as a flower opens with the morning sun. I lovingly licked her clit, sliding a finger inside her as I flicked my tongue across her. She moaned with joy and pleasure, coming close to a squeal several times.

Soon, I noticed her muscles begin to contract as she neared her climax. I lightly sucked her clit and stuck a second finger inside her, bringing her over the edge. Her body trembled, shaking with the long anticipated arrival of her first orgasm, the wave hitting her like the ocean breaking upon the rocks of a distant beach.

"Give it to me," she said softly. "Fuck me baby. Give me what I've been waiting for."

I did. I eased myself into her, feeling every inch of her wetness, loving every second of our coupling. She was tighter than I remember, her sex seeming to barely grant me admittance. A few gentle strokes later, I fucked her.

It wasn't soft and sensual, there was no deep feelings of love involved, just a primal urge. A need, as though I was eating for the first time in a week. It was hard, fast and over quickly. Thankfully, my orgasm caused her a second. We rode the wave together, each experiencing vastly different sensations, yet deep down knowing that it was only the beginning. Everything must start somewhere.

We collapsed together in bed, kissing and spooning, not wanting to move. She eventually got up and cleaned herself up, handing me a washcloth to clean myself before we laid together.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too."

"It's been too long since we were together."

"Agreed, far too long. I never intend to leave you that long again."

"What's the plan for tomorrow?"

"I've gotta call my folks, beyond that I don't know."

"This may be a bad time to ask but, do you plan on getting Drake's name on your ribs?"

"Yes, as well as a brass plaque and a folded flag. He will join the others in my memory and be honored, as he has earned."

"OK, whenever you want to do that, we can."

"I'll think on it. I'm exhausted, I'm going to sleep now. I love you baby."

"Goodnight my love."

-----

I called my parents the next afternoon. We talked for almost an hour, covering just about ever topic under the sun. I managed to drag some information out of my dad concerning mom's health. Her kidney function was fluctuating and she may need to start dialysis at some point in the near future. One other thing we talked about was Becky.

Both my parents were itching to meet the woman who had captivated me. I told them I would see about getting us up there while we were still on the west coast, but I made no promises.

Carl and I sat in my room, while the girls did... Whatever they do, in Lauren's. He had been talking to his step mom while I talked with my parents. Talking of home made me miss it a little.

"How are mom and pop?" Carl asked. They had been like second parents to him and he had called them mom and dad for years.

"Good, they miss us and hope we come up before heading home," I told him.

"We should. It'll be nice to see them again."

"We'll bring it up at dinner then."

"Speaking of, what's the plan for food? I'm starving."

"Let me make some calls and I'll see if I can round up the whole gang."

"Who's 'the whole gang'?"

"The Marines I spent nearly the last year with."

"God, three of you is bad enough, now you wanna invite more?"

"Sure, it'll be fun. They're not all like Tyler."

"Alright, if you say so."

I called Jones, Wirth and Simmons, inviting them to join us for dinner. Only Wirth was able to come. I called Ryan and Tyler, but didn't invite them. It was just implied that they were coming, along with any family who might want to.

We decided on a decent steakhouse and, after spreading the word, got ready. Wirth called me back and said he couldn't come after all. Carl and I wore nice, button up shirts and slacks, while the girls went with dresses and heels. We met Tyler, Ryan and Nick at the restaurant.

"No parents?" I asked Ryan.

"Nope, they said we should have some fun on our own," he said.

"Which is code for 'we wanna get busy,'" Tyler added.

"Dude," Nick said, disgusted. "Nasty. Not something I wanna think about before we eat."

"What, you don't want another sibling?"

"I just don't wanna think of my parents having sex, you disgusting fuck."

Normally, it would have been left at that, but I trained Tyler well. He stuck out his hand. "Guess we haven't met, I'm Ronny Tyler."

We all laughed. Nick would learn eventually, if Tyler stuck around Ryan's family. We went inside and were seated at a large table. We ordered drinks and talked until the waitress came back to take our order.

"So this asshole pops out from behind a rock and fires this RPG at us," Tyler said, telling another war story. "Shitbag misses by a mile. His aim was so bad, he made Imperial stormtroopers look like expert marksmen.

"So we take off after the guy. He has a good 300 yard head start on us, but decides he isn't fast enough. He jumps on a camel, riding off into the sunset like this is some Arab western movie.

"PFC Dillon isn't having any of it. He jumps in the Humvee and races off after the guy, leaving us behind. Drew yells at him to at least pick us up, but Dillon is on a mission. He gets to within 50 feet of the guy when he starts taking fire from the guy on the camel.

"He slams on the brakes, puts it in park and gets in the turret. That was the day I learned just what a vindictive asshole Dillon could be."

"What happened to the guy on the camel?" Nick asked.

"Well," I said, "he got his shit wrecked."

Dinner was good, the tab was not. I covered Becky, Carl, Jeanna and Lauren. Our food alone was over $200. I took Becky's hand and leaned in close.

"Baby, I have a proposition for you," I said.

"What's up my love?"

"How would you feel about heading up north before we go back home?"

"To meet your parents?"

"That's the idea. They really want to meet you."

"I'd love to meet them babe. They helped me so much while you were gone."

We kissed until Tyler cleared his throat, reminding us where we were. The conversation went to Nick, and his prospects for the future.

"So Nick," Carl said. "What plans do you have for the future?"

"Well, I was thinking of a career in psychiatry or something. Something where I can help people," he said.

"That's cool. I wish I had the will to do something like that," Tyler said.

"What about you Tyler?" Jeanna asked. "What are your plans when you get out?"

"I haven't the slightest idea," he said.

"When is your contract up?" I asked.

"Another three months."

"Any idea where you wanna go?" Becky asked.

"Not sure. Definitely not home."

"Well, you're always welcome with us," Carl said. "Hell, maybe we could get you on at the refinery."

"Do they pay well?"

"Do you see us lacking anything?"

"Point taken."

"We'll keep an ear open for any word on when we will be hiring next."

"Do you think they'll hire me?"

"Hell," Becky said. "They hired Andrew. Why not hire you?"

"Gee babe, thanks for the boost of confidence," I said. It was strange that Carl so easily welcomed Tyler to stay with us. Usually Carl doesn't care for those very brash, type A personalities.

With dinner over we returned to our rooms, planning to get changed before heading back out. By the look in her eyes, I could tell Becky had other plans. She hung the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and locked it, turning seductively towards me.

"I'm sure they won't mind waiting," she said, stepping closer. Her short black dress and black heels made the sway of her step look so sexy.

"I'm sure I won't care whether they mind or not," I responded.

"Do you like my dress?" She gave a slow spin, letting me take it all in, as if I hadn't done that at every previous opportunity.

"It's nice." She gave me a disappointed look.

"Only nice?"

"Compared to the beauty it hides, its only nice."

She giggled, slipping the shoulder straps off and turning to lean her back against my chest. I kissed her neck softly, moving to her ear and then to her shoulders.