Case of the Fake Badges Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good thing that the Blue Crowbar has the solution." said a voice behind me. I whirled to see one Cindy Ross standing over me, Teresa standing next to her. "I called Britt Maxwell this afternoon. She needs good, honest people in her Office of Ethics and Review... for what is basically the SBI's Internal Affairs."

"And you got a good reference from someone who was once in Midtown P.D.'s Internal Affairs, that being me." said Teresa.

"So," I said, leaning back on the sofa, "it would seem that you have options, Detective Soltis."

"How so?" asked Frank.

"You could consider staying in Midtown," I said, "pretending to let bygones be bygones, and try to find out what the corruption is about from within. That would be dangerous; you might be shot in the back of the head on your next drug raid."

I continued: "You could continue the lawsuit, which will get shut down by the collusive efforts of the political machine... or you could take up SBI Internal Affairs, and help Inspector Maxwell dig out the corruption infesting our State."

"I'll have to think about it." said Soltis."

"Just like the rest of us have had to." said Cav Moynahan.

I left them to talk about those things. I saw Laura and Jack talking on the deck despite the cold outside.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Yeah, we got your message." Jack Muscone said to Laura. "Don't worry about it; it'll be handled tonight. We can't guarantee it, but we think the Conference's little witch hunt will be called off."

"Good." said Laura. "I really don't understand why they're doing this. Dr. Wellman is scared to death about it; he's afraid the whole PED mess will get dragged up again. Don's School, where I used to teach, has no desire to go through this. So why is the Conference doing it?"

Muscone said "We think it's one guy inside the Conference. Just between you and me, Laura, I think your husband is really onto something with this 'Consultant of Crime' business. The FBI doesn't want to admit it, not at the highest levels. Everything upstairs of me is getting more and more politicized and political every day."

"Yes, I know." said Laura.

"So," said Jack Muscone, "how much trouble are you in with KSTD?"

"We'll soon see." said Laura. "Either Ajmani gets the message... or she doesn't."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"And... and she threatened me." Priya said, tears running down her eyes despite her efforts to not cry. "She said that I would be murdered if we didn't back off her husband."

"God damn it." Katherine Woodburn whispered to herself as she paced the floor, listening to the incredible story, and knowing its implications.

They were in Katherine's office at her home, the office in which she'd been severely beaten after putting Bryan Thatcher to the task of killing the retired Police dog Laika. She was now hearing that Dr. Laura Fredricson, in reality one of the most powerful persons in the Nation, had brought that power down on Priya like a triphammer crushing a nut.

The other woman in the room sat silently, listening in on the conversation. It was cool in the room, and her slender body felt that coolness; she tried to keep from shivering.

"The plan is in motion." said the woman. "Bronson is ready to file the lawsuit. The Conference is going to call the press conference tomorrow to open the investigation. The Media, including KSTD and KXTC, are ready to tell the American Sheeple what to think about it. This is a huge opportunity to get at the Iron Crowbar."

"Really?" asked Katherine scornfully as she whirled around. "I don't see it. It'll be a nuisance to the Iron Crowbar, but nothing more. No one is really going to give a shit if he did film Bronson's team chanting some shit about the Wildcats."

"We get his Police cellphone." said the woman. "If it has the codes to break the lock on the Jack Burke tapes, then the Master can get what he needs, and then it will be all over for the Iron Crowbar. And you, Senator Woodburn, will have an unimpeded road to the power you crave."

"I'm going to get that anyway." said Woodburn. "But there is something you haven't considered. Dr. Laura Fredricson is a Deputy Director of the Science and Technology Directorate of the CIA. But that's just her title... what she really is, I'm not sure even her husband knows."

"We're aware of this." the woman said. "The Master needs this to go forward anyway. I am sure... that you would not want to cross him. Are you aware of what he will do if this does not succeed?"

Katherine Woodburn approached the sitting woman, noticing the slender, shapely legs, the perfect hips, the high riding breasts on her slender body. "And are you aware of what I will be facing if we don't abort this?"

Katherine continued: "Look, I know you are the Master's 'Sinon', and I understand what he's trying to do... but The Scorpion has the American equivalent of a license to kill... and she will do so. Not just Priya, but me, and maybe even you and your Master. Your invitation to murder me doesn't hold much significance if I'm dead either way. If you tell him that we can come up with another, better plan, we can ultimately succeed. But if Laura Fredricson puts bullets in our heads, that will be rather... final."

The woman stood up. "I'll relay the message." she said.

"And relay this." Katherine said. "We are well set up here. I have Priya in a good position; getting her killed sets us all back. We'll find another way. Tell him that we will find another way."

After the woman left, Katherine noted Priya still sitting in her chair, a look of pure fear on her pretty Indian face. She stepped up to her. "Don't worry, my beautiful Priya." Katherine said, stroking Priya's hair. "Don't worry. We'll be okay. Nothing is going to harm you... I won't let them..." It would take several more hours of 'comforting' the beautiful young reporterette, pleasurable hours, to pacify Priya...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What about these badge cases?" Laura asked.

"Let's ask Don now." said Jack.

I saw Laura come to the door and ask me to come outside. Once I was there with the Federal reps, so to speak, they got to the point.

"Don," Laura said, "what do you want to do about these badge people."

"Glad you asked." I said. "Here's my idea..."

To be continued.

What is the connection between the victims? And what are the connections of the badge owners? What is Your Iron Crowbar's plan? Solution, the answers, and of course new questions next chapter...