Cat Scratch Fever Pt. 08

Story Info
Jadyn tries to stop a war but Felix has his own plans.
5.2k words
4.72
5k
5
0

Part 8 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/06/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rafael sat dumbstruck. Holland's words hung in the air, thickening it with disbelief.

"Want that beer now?" Holland's silver grey eyes went from darkened storm clouds to light rain clouds.

"You're lying," Rafael spoke quietly. "It's not true. I'm a tiger shifter. LaSalle was a jaguar."

"Sometimes the male cub takes after the mother," Holland shrugged, taking a swig of his cool beer. It tasted less sour than it did a moment ago. He had been holding onto that secret for a few decades and it weighed heavily on him; making everything taste sour, his world dim. Perhaps there's something to that saying: "The truth will set you free."

"Why didn't LaSalle just tell everyone?" Rafael eyed Holland suspiciously.

"He wanted to... even offered to... have it taken care of... but your mother Celeste didn't want to force Ray into marrying her when he was already in love with someone else," Holland sighed. "He was a typical jaguar, Raymond LaSalle, sewing his seeds everywhere until he met that special quiet English teacher. But Salvatore found out eventually when Celeste couldn't hide her pregnancy anymore. He wanted to force Ray to take responsibility but by then he was already married to Daunte's mother."

"Holland—" Moira walked in but stopped, her cornflower blue eyes lighting on Rafael tied to a chair. She frowned, her cinnamon brown skin growing tight, "Do I even want to know?"

Holland chuckled dryly. Rafael scowled. The young tiger couldn't believe the story he just heard. He turned to Moira who leanedcasually against the doorframe watching him with her blue-green critical eyes.

"If your boss doesn't release me," he warned. "He'll be starting a war. One that will tear this city apart." Rafael's paradise blue eyes darkened into a stormy sea, his sensual lips drawn into a scowl. Moira only stared at him, her full lips pursing.

"And here I thought Jadyn found a nice guy for a change," Moira sighed heavily, her tone as sharp as her claws that were itching to come out and scratch out those handsome eyes. "I was rooting for you, too. Daunte may be a brute and a son of a bitch but he cares enough about Jadyn to not try and involve her in a family feud."

That cut Rafael to the quick. He felt a sharp pain in his chest at the thought of Jadyn's face when they tell her the truth. He'd lose her forever.

"I'll explain...," Rafael was speaking mostly to himself. "She'll understand."

"Doubtful," Moira miffed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Daunte watched Jadyn making coffee. Her muscles were tense. If he could see her face he would have seen that it was set in somber contemplation.

"So...you have a brother... a brother I slept with...," Jadyn said quietly, a touch of regret in her voice which Daunte noticed but didn't address. Then she frowned, turning around to fix her jaguar with a baleful stare.

"Where is he right now?" Jadyn asked.

"With Holland," Daunte shrugged. "Rafael didn't know either but he does by now."

"Where does that leave the two of you?" her face softened a little. Daunte frowned as if confused by her question.

"Nothing has changed," he stood up walking towards her. Jadyn backed into the counter, the coffee heating and pouring into the pot, its rich dark scent filling the air but it was overpowered by the jaguar's natural male musk, virile and seductive. Daunte towered over her, magnificent muscular arms caging her to cut off escape.

"Everything has changed," Jadyn argued softly, trying not to look at him. If she looked into those eyes she'd be instantly lost in their amber glow.

Jadyn suddenly felt even smaller, consumed by Daunte's hulk and unyielding form as well as by his intense stare. He looked every bit the jungle cat when stalking and cornering his prey. Jadyn's nipples instantly stiffened, reaching, aching for his touch again. Goosebumps erupted all over her skin. Damn it those Heat hormones should be gone by now!

Daunte caressed her cheek, surprisingly gentle. A shiver raked through Jadyn at the soft stroking of his thumb across her cheek. She felt his breath caress her forehead while she stared at his firm broad chest. Mercifully he was wearing clothes but his scent was doing erotic things to her body that made her damp between her thighs.

"I still want you," Daunte murmured. Jadyn did the unthinkable and looked up seeing the desire burning in his amber whisky eyes and as she suspected, she was lost in them. Then they darkened into the sexual beast she knew him to be, his voice drugging her with its dark carnality, "And I know you still want me."

Jadyn flushed. How can he tell? As if reading her thoughts Daunte's other hand caressed her breast, drawing a sensual sigh from her lips with a gentle squeeze. Then the hand descended, taking its time to feel the heat of her skin through her cotton shirt until he came to the apex of her thighs and cupped her pussy that drizzled at his hot touch.

"I can smell how much you want me, Jadyn," Daunte growled low, pulling her against him. Jadyn pressed her hands on his chest and could feel the rapid beating of his heart. His masculine musk overwhelmed her senses. "I could always smell you. Flowers in summer time. Your in my nose now, Jadyn. I'm afraid I've become addicted to it."

"Since the Heat is fading maybe we should stop," Jadyn suggested softly. Yet pressing her nose into his chest she was surrounded by his heated musk. While the scent of her did erotic things to her the feel of him was much worse.

Daunte wrapped his strong arms around her small curvy form, feeling her breasts pressed against him, their thighs tightly squeezing together. He buried his nose in her hair smelling the sunflower shampoo again, the floral scent making his cock jerk.

In one sudden motion, Jadyn was lifted onto the counter, her legs spread and pussy pressing against Daunte's angry bulge. He placed his hands on her hips, keeping a tight grip as he ground against her heat. Jadyn uttered a small sigh that was music to Daunte's ears.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Daunte murmured against her lips. Before Jadyn could answer, the jaguar claimed her with a sultry kiss. Their lips molded together, gently sliding against each other until the waitress's trembling hands took hold of Daunte's face and slanted her head, pushing her tongue deep into his mouth.

A rush of passion flooded him. The animal within him became more aggressive, lifting her thighs to help wrap them around his waist as he ground harder into her Venus mont. They tasted each other's essence from earlier and were intoxicated by the exotic flavors.

"How can I ever trust you again, Daunte?" Jadyn broke the kiss, her lips swollen and tender yet hungry for more.

Daunte's whisky eyes grew soft. His whole face became less animal and more tender. Holding her close in a protective embrace, his hand caressing her cheek he whispered, "You can trust that I would do anything for you."

"Why?" Jadyn searched his eyes. Truthfully she didn't know what she wanted to hear. Rafael's confession of crushing on her for years got her into bed but she didn't really examine it properly. Daunte had been part of her carnal obsessions for a few years now. He still was. Even during the Heat Jadyn craved something more than his body. But did Daunte feel the same?

Daunte saw the doubt on her face. He wished he could hear what she was thinking. He couldn't lose her to Rafael. Not to anyone but especially not some long lost brother bent on murdering him.

But before Daunte could answer there was a furious knocking at Jadyn's door. Daunte growled in frustration, reluctantly releasing Jadyn to answer the door. He wasn't sure if he wouldn't murder the guy interrupting them. But it wasn't a guy it was Moira, glaring at him with her judgmental blue-green eyes.

"What is it, Moira?" Daunte bit out.

"I didn't come to see you, Meat Head," Moira snapped. "Jadyn?"

"I'm here, Moira," Jadyn quickly stood between her hissing co-workers. They reminded her of alley cats that had just gotten in each other's way, hairs standing on end, growling and claws at the ready. Moira's face softened a little when she saw Jadyn.

"He hasn't scratched you again, has he?" she asked in a tone that hit Daunte's ear like an angry note on a violin.

"No what's going on?" Jadyn answered before Daunte could bite back.

"I thought I'd bring you to The Scratch before a war breaks out," Moira explained. "Felix has been snooping around the place claiming Holland and Meat Head here have kidnapped his cousin and is bugging Amos with threats of retribution."

Jadyn quickly got dressed wearing cut off denim shorts and a new red t-shirt and put her brown hair up in a pony tail. Daunte trailed behind grumbling. Moira was about to call a cab when Daunte pulled Jadyn on behind him on his motorcycle. He sped off before Moira could hiss at him.

Jadyn wrapped her arms tightly around his waist, the thrill of speed hitting her stomach with rabid butterflies. Her face and breasts pressing against Daunte's muscular back she could feel him tense and even chuckle deeply.

"Not a fan of speed, Kitten?" Daunte called over the roar of the engine.

"I'm a fan of seat belts!" Jadyn fired back. When they veered right, her grip tightened.

"Squeeze as tight as you want, baby," Daunte grinned. "I love the feeling of your arms around me."

Even through the fear, the feel of Daunte's body against hers made Jadyn's body react in a sexual way. Her nipples tightened and heat pooled between her legs. The vibrations of the engine didn't help matters. She might have moaned but it was drowned out by the motorcycle and the beeping of passing cars.

How can she quit this body cold turkey?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jadyn had closed her eyes even when they stopped. Daunte didn't say anything only watched her with an indulgent expression. Her face buried in his back he could feel the heat of her sweet breath through his shirt and his blood ran hot with sensual feeling.

"You can open your eyes now, Jadyn," Daunte chuckled.

Jadyn slowly opened one eye, looking up to see the jaguar watching her with laughter in his whisky eyes and a bemused yet still sensual grin. She cleared her throat, reluctantly loosening her grip around his broad chest, her palms and fingers brushing against his nipples that stiffened instantly, listening to him suck in a breath at her touch.

The waitress looked to see that they were at the back entrance of The Scratch listening to the music play on the old juke box and people laughing and talking.

"When did we get here?" Jadyn asked.

"A few minutes ago."

"Why didn't you tell me the moment we arrived?" Jadyn scolded him, her legs wobbly once they got off the iron monster. Daunte held her arm gently to steady her.

"I told you," Daunte flashed her his debauched grin. "I like the feeling of your arms around me. Besides you looked so cute wrapped around me."

Jadyn punched his arm but couldn't help but smile at him. Yet they had more important things to do than flirt. The waitress got her land legs back and rushed into the bar with Daunte now looking grim behind her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jadyn didn't even knock when she entered Holland's office. When her jade eyes rested on Rafael tied to a chair she felt a whole mix of emotions. Relief that he wasn't hurt, anger for being deceived, hurt that Rafael used her.

Rafael's paradise blue eyes rested on her and she could clearly read the emotions on his face. Regret yet still the fire of want burned in his eyes. Jadyn didn't know if she still felt the same.

"Untie him," she said.

"He stays tied until we get this settled," Holland stated a slight slur in his speech. Jadyn saw that there were five and half empty beer bottles on his desk.

"I'm not happy about it either, Holland," Daunte said behind her. "Felix is snooping around and Amos can't hold off his threats of war for long."

"He still means to kill you, Daunte," Holland persisted angrily, wobbling a bit when he moved to slam his hand on his desk. The beer bottles wiggled from the force.

Rafael's eyes went from Jadyn to Daunte. She noticed with a chill the change in his eyes from fiery blue to ice cold steel filled with evil intent.

"It doesn't matter if we share blood or not," Rafael stated coldly. "Your family needs to pay for its sins."

"Leave me alone with him," Jadyn asked.

Daunte glared at Jadyn but she glared right back, flaring jade green clashing with fiery amber. The jaguar relented and helped a half drunktiger to his feet.

"Get him a sandwich or something to soak up the alcohol," she sighed. The door closed and they were alone. Jadyn leaned against the door just watching him. Her expression unreadable.

"I know you have questions," Rafael spoke slowly.

"Daunte answered most of them."

"That's his side of the story," Rafael pressed.

"And what?" Jadyn scoffed. "You're the good guy? The white knight in this story and Daunte's the evil black knight burning villages to the ground?"

"Jadyn—"

"Was it all a lie? Us?"

"No!" Rafael claimed fiercely, almost breaking the ropes that dug into his skin leaving burn marks. He had such a handsome face. So handsome it hurt Jadyn to look at him. She wanted to believe he was a good guy...

"I never lied about my feelings for you," Rafael's voice was thick with emotion. He was pleading for her to understand. He wanted to reach into his pocket and stroke the soiled green ribbon which always calmed his nerves but his bound wrists prevented that. "That has always been the truth."

"What was your plan?" Jadyn grew cool, business-like. "How was I involved?"

Rafael heaved a heavy sigh, going slack in his binds.

"I was going to provoke Daunte into challenging me to a duel de sang and kill him in revenge for what his father did to mine."

"You have the same father."

"A father who's just a name to me!" Rafael snapped. "A man who offered to abort me to save his own reputation! He's the man who took everything from my family and chased us out of town!"

Now Jadyn sighed heavily, her face in her hands and rubbing her eyes then her fingers raked through her hair to her pony tail. Rafael's fingers itched to replace hers in her maple brown tresses. The memory still fresh of how soft as satin they were. He could still smell her sunflower shampoo on his fingers before he was captured. Her scent had clung to him as he wanted to cling to her now.

"Jadyn, you have to let me go," Rafael pleaded. "I'll explain everything—"

Jadyn held up her hand to stop him.

"I'll convince Holland and Daunte to let you go but you and I are done," Jadyn said sadly yet firmly. "Daunte may have scratched me with the Heat but he's always been honest with me. He never used me like you did."

"Jadyn, wait!"

But Jadyn was out the door. She really liked Rafael. She thought he was a nice guy. She saw herself maybe having a future with him. Eventually she would have had to choose between Daunte and Rafael but that choice seemed obvious now. Yet she still felt a quivering in her nether regions as she remembered Rafael's touch, his lips, his body pressing against her as he filled her to give her toe-curling orgasms.

The waitress felt like her heart was made of lead, her chest tightening making it hard to breathe. She needed some air. Just a few minutes then Jadyn would go back inside and knock some heads together to stop this stupid family feud from painting Baton Rouge red.

Jadyn stepped outside. Before her foot even hit the bottom step something swept her up in a suffocating embrace. She couldn't see their face, her back pressing hard against their front and her ass wriggled against... a growing bulge!

"Shhhh, princess," a dark voice chuckled, a familiar voice full of charm. "I just need your help."

Jadyn tried to scream but a big hand covered her mouth. Suddenly she felt a sharp burning pain on her stomach like someone was cutting her with tiny knives. She managed to peer down to see claw marks, streaking and bleeding red across her stomach. She struggled even more as the hormones hit her in a white hot wave.

The smell of her attacker filled her nostrils. A pair of lips smothered hers and a tongue shoved its way into her angry mouth and the taste of nutmeg, rich and intoxicating filled her. The nutmeg coated her tongue and a dark need consumed her.

No no no no NO! Not again!

Jadyn struggled violently until she felt a small pinch in her neck then the whole world went black.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Daunte was tired of waiting for Jadyn to come out of Holland's office. Holland was sitting on a stool at the bar while Moira was coaxing him into eating a salami and cheese sandwich with fresh tomato and lettuce. But once he walked into the office he found only a sulking Rafael. The tiger looked up, expectancy turning into cold hard disgust.

"Jadyn convince you to let me go after all?" he brooded.

"What are you talking about?" Daunte's muscles tensed, the hairs on his body standing on end as his animal senses began to fear the worst. "She's been here for the past 20 minutes."

Now it was Rafael who was confused. Then he was suddenly gripped with fear and anger. Something happened to Jadyn and both brothers knew it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jadyn was swimming in blackness but slowly she felt a light begin to thin the thick darkness. The taste of nutmeg was bitter on her tongue. Her body felt hot, a familiar heat that made her pussy itch and her skin become sensitive to everything.

She woke up to find herself in an unfamiliar room. Smells hit her likea soft slap. Pine needles, smoky wood and... bacon? Sounds that were muffled became clearer. Birds singing and cicadas hissing their nature song. The sun was beginning it's descent filling the room with golden light, keeping her warm...

Then there was a rumbling growl that Jadyn felt vibrating in her bones. She tried to move but found herself tied down. Not just tied down but naked! She lifted her head but it was like someone embedded an axe in it, the migraine hitting her like a train. Then there was that growl again.

She instead moved her head to the side and her eyes widened in fear to see a big golden lion with a tawny mane and large gold eyes prowling into the bedroom. It pounced with powerful lethal grace at the foot of the bed where it sat on a chest.

The beast watched her with predatory eyes of liquid gold that made Jadyn tremble and her pussy grow wet with heat. He gave her naked vulnerable body a bold, sweeping gaze and licked his furry lips with his big pink tongue.

"Who are you?" Jadyn demanded. She knew it was a shifter. There was an intense intelligence in its eyes that made it different from any ordinary lion. The lion made a noise that sounded almost like a chuckle, a deep sound that made Jadyn tense.

The lion slowly crawled forth until he was standing over her body completely. Jadyn struggled again, her fighter instincts kicking in as the headache ebbed. She felt the soft bristles of the lion's swishing tail and her body was racked with a hot shiver. She bit her lip against the pleasurable shock of the creature's touch.

"It's true what Rafe says," she heard a seductive dark masculine voice above her. "You're pretty fierce."

The lion morphed before her eyes into a large, muscular and powerful male with knotted golden muscles that made Jadyn's mouth water. She looked down the length of him and saw his impressive cock, erect and full swinging slightly between his powerful thighs.

Jadyn's womb clenched in primal need at the sight of it. She could swear she could see it pulsing with the raw lust she saw in the lion man's sienna brown eyes.

"Who the fuck are you?" she growled. The lion man caressed her cheek, the touch sending electric sparks to her nerve endings. Her nipples began to stiffen, a heat teasing over her skin from the small contact.

12