Catherine 01: Tuesday's Lunch

Story Info
My love affair with Catherine.
8.7k words
4.24
6.7k
0

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/29/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I live for the moment when I hear the catch in her throat with our first kiss. Her breathing getting heavier with each caress, touch, or stroke, of her sensitive places, I wait for those words she will say..., but not yet.

Catherine - Tuesday's Lunch

I really don't think I slept a single minute last night! And now it seems like this morning has dragged on forever too! But it's close to twelve by the clock on the wall and Frank is still yammering on, and damn, of all the days for him to run long! But just before I'm about to say something is when one of the other guys interrupts Frank reminding him it's time for lunch.

And with that I'm out of my chair as Frank's saying, "I guess we'll break for lunch now and be back..." But I'm already out the door where I'm putting on my leather jacket heading for the elevators.

Then, as I'm standing here waiting for an elevator to arrive, John comes up beside me, "You're in a big hurry today." He says.

But not looking at him, I'm meeting someone for lunch..., or hope to be meeting someone for lunch any way. My reply, as I watch the elevator floor indicator lights count down.

"Well, hope to meet someone?" John saying. "So guy, sounds a little iffy." John goes on. "So would you like me to tag along in case she doesn't show up and you end up eating all by yourself?" John's intuitive question.

She?

"Of course Swaggart! What else keeps a man's mind as distracted as you've been all morning; as well as yesterday too?" His head turned toward me as he said it.

But just as John finished saying that the elevator doors open, and shit; the car is packed. I should have taken the stairs like I usually do; the distraction John just alluded to. But I'm not waiting, and wedge myself inside anyway with John right behind me. Where this suit behind us, with a snotty arrogant condescending tone in his voice, "You two could have waited for the next one." He says.

Well, at six foot three and two-hundred and twenty-five pounds of no nonsense Recon Marine Master Sargent, with three combat tours along with the souvenir scars I brought back with me, I glance over my shoulder with a look that has him nervously averting my eyes. It's the same look I get from a young Marine at seeing my displeasure at something I didn't like from him or her.

At the ground floor its John's again asking, "You sure you don't want some company?" An without answering him as I keep walking towards the Eighteenth Street exit with John trailing right behind me. But as I open the door, first pausing to say, Yeah you're right John it was pretty iffy. Then continuing out onto the sidewalk with John still following, "Okay, so why would she be iffy?" His being nosy.

Well, for one, she's a very busy lady John.

"Okay then I was right, so..., who is she?" A more nosy question.

So with both of us heading down the sidewalk towards the plaza as I'm telling him, Never mind who she is John. Because most likely she won't be there. As I said, she is a very busy lady.

"Alright, but if she is there, are you going to introduce me to her or am I just going to have to stand around with my thumb up my butt?"

Yeah John, I ought to let you do just that; my thought.

John, if she's there, I'll introduce you to her, but then, you take a hike..., okay?

But as John and I enter the deli, where I'm already scanning the tables for an empty one is when my eyes lock onto a table against the far wall that has me saying out loud; Damn, she's already here!

With John asking, "She is, where?" As he looks in the direction I'm staring."

Catherine, looking up from the menu she was holding, now looks in our direction, and seeing me smiles, along with a big wave of her hand.

Over there John, the very pretty woman with the honey brown hair waving to me.

Where out of his mouth comes, "You fucking lie! She is..., oh man you sly dog!"

John please, she's a lady! Admonishing him.

"Uh Huh, what ever you say you lucky S.O.B!"

But as we move through the crowded tables towards her where I'm thinking, John, you have no idea what this lady means to me!

Stopping beside the table to look down into her beautiful face and those gorgeous hazel eyes with, Hello Catherine, you're here early; what happened to your meeting?

"Hello to you too Bob." Her greeting me. "The reason we were having a meeting couldn't make it because his flight was delayed due to the weather there; fog I think it was." she's telling me.

Well, I guess I can thank the weather again! Where I see a little redness forming on her cheeks. Damn how this woman gets to me!

But remembering John is standing right here beside me, so turning my head towards him, Catherine, this is John Wearing. He's a friend of mine, and my class team mate. An John, I'd like you to meet Catherine Parker. My introducing the two to each other.

With that it's Catherine's, "Hello John, it's nice to meet you!" Then with her looking back to me, "I'm sorry, I should have found a table with more chairs." Thank you for not doing that Catherine; thinking to myself again.

But it's me who's looking back at John, Oh that's all right Catherine. I know John's remembered he has somewhere else to be anyway. Right guy? My definite hint!

John, without an answer, where I can he's more than just impressed by Catherine, so I repeat, Right John?

"Ah, Yeah...,Yeah I do." John sounding a little tongue tied as he looks at me then back to Catherine, "Its nice meeting you too Catherine."

Then looking back to me, "You will be returning to class after your lunch won't you? You know, just in case I need to tell Frank anything?" John jokingly saying it.

John!

"Ah..., right! I hope you two enjoy your lunch." Where John turns around, and heads back towards the door to the street.

An now taking my jacket off as I sit down, "That was mean! We could have made room for him." Catherine's scolding me.

Yes, that was mean of me wasn't it?

"Yes it was Bob, but I am glad I got here early and found this table for two." Her smiling with that reply.

Okay so, no meeting Catherine?

"Well maybe, if he gets here before I have to leave for the airport. So it could be a short one for me anyway." she says.

You said you're flying into Denver Catherine?

"Yes, my flight is scheduled to leave here about six-thirty. So maybe..., four hours to Denver. That means with the two hour time difference, I should be there around eight-thirty their time. Where I'll be staying at a hotel near the airport and pick up my rental car there in the morning, where I have a meeting with some people from our local office there. Then, the next day I'll drive to Colorado Springs. That's about a two and half hour drive. An having never been to Colorado, I thought the drive would be the way to take in some of the scenery."

"Have you ever been to Colorado Bob," Her stopping to ask.

Yes Catherine, I have, on several occasions, but not for the scenery. It's always been for what I do in the Marine Corps; winter training.

"Oh.., Okay." She says.

"Then from there, I have a flight to San Diego the following morning for three days of meetings, conferences, VIP tours..., and what ever. An that Bob, will be my routine for the next three weeks; airports, hotels, meetings, more airports." Her telling me all that without once taking her eyes from mine.

Well Catherine, it sounds like you're going to be tired when you get back. So, I guess I shouldn't have asked you to have dinner with me when you get back. Seeing as how you'll most likely be sick and tired of restaurant food too. My saying that with a devilish grin.

"Really Bob!" She says. "Well, if I knew you had asked me to have dinner with you, I would have skipped a restaurant or two." Her going along with my line.

Yes Catherine, if you only knew. But I'll ask anyway.

Catherine, would you have dinner with me sometime after you get back. It may not be fancy, but it would be at a nice place. And most likely it won't be gourmet restaurant food either.

Hesitating slightly before she says, "Well..." My holding my breathe waiting for her answer. "I'm not a fancy, gourmet restaurant type girl. So yes, that would be nice! And thank you for asking." Her at last with that yes.

Now letting the air out, Thank you for accepting. I'll certainly be looking forward to it. An Catherine please know this, it's nothing more than my way of saying thank you..., for yesterday. Okay?

"Yes Bob. But can we NOT talk about THAT?" Is her, we're not going there!

Certainly Catherine, what ever you want. As I look away across the room, smarting from her rebuke, and being so dumb by reminding her of yesterday.

But she can't keep from blushing at the memory. Then her, "I'm sorry Bob, I didn't mean for that to sound the way it came out."

An my quickly looking back, Catherine, damn it, don't be sorry. Believe me, I can certainly understand your not wanting to. But Catherine, I do have a hard time believing it happened, except..., for the marks on the collar of this jacket; as I reach back to touch the sleeve. And it certainly left an impression on me as well as this jacket. But more importantly, I have to ask why..., and me?

Now its her who's taking a deep breath before she goes on with, "Bob, honestly, I've never done anything like that; ever! I really don't know what came over me." Not quite the explanation I was hoping for.

Well, where I can't hold back the laugh, I thought you came over me. My joke at her expense.

At first she doesn't react to what I just said, then the redness in her cheeks gets deeper until out comes, "OH GOD NO!" Just before she breaks up in tearful laughter; hiding her face in her hands.

And me, I cant help laughing with her, and at her at the same time. But OH God, she is so embarrassed, and so damn beautiful! Her laughter.., it's like some kind of beautiful music playing in the room!"

When at last she stops, " Please stop looking at me like that." Her asking. But it's a soft request, saying it just loud enough that only she and I can hear it.

Huh, like what? I ask. Trying to act dumb.

"You know what!" she says.

I know what? Asking again. My being dumber.

"Never mind, just..." Her holding something back.

But seeing me struggling with holding in what I shouldn't say where now she says, "Stop it, or I'll have to leave." Her scolding me?

Immediately knowing it's best to keep it to myself where it's, Catherine please don't! My lips are sealed, as I look away across the room, hoping she's not getting up to leave. But not hearing her chair moving I look back to see she has a hand over her mouth trying not to laugh at the pained expression on my face; but it's not working.

Catherine, that was..., any way, do you usually ride the train into town? My needing to change the conversation.

Now dabbing at the tear on her cheek at the same time, " No, I usually drive in. But because of the weather and the icy roads, my husband thought using the train would be safer. His Range Rover has all-wheel drive so he was able to drop me off at that station; it's the closest one to where we live. So, not having to commute like that for a long time, and with all the chaos and the traffic congestion around the station, I wondered if I could even get on a train. Then after buying my tickets I wondered outside to look around to see what everyone else was doing. Where it seemed everyone was like me; confused. But for me I was a little nervous too. Because every one else was rushing about every time a train came through but never stopping. I wasn't even sure what train I should get on. Then Bob, I saw you standing apart from all the others."

Where she halts her narrative to stare at me with a look on her face as if; should I say this?

"And my first thought was..," As she continues staring at me, "Well, you looked so calm, so unaffected by all the confusion, and almost panicked atmosphere going on around you. So I thought..., maybe you could be someone I could trust to help me. Plus, as she smiles sweetly, "You ARE a very good looking man! And after talking with you yesterday, and the funny way you went about asking me to have lunch with you, I find you to be a very nice, plus..., an interesting man too!"

I've been looking at her all the while she been talking, but now that she just said that, I have to look away, averting her eyes with my obvious embarrassment at what she just said about me. Where I hear her," Bob, don't turn away. It's an honest compliment." Her telling me.

Where I look back at her, Catherine, I've been to places, where I've been in some..., I'll just say..., some bad situations, and never lost my cool. But sitting across from you yesterday, and now today..., lady, you completely unnerve me.

Again with that killer smile and sparkle in her eye she softly says, "Really? You shouldn't be." Then with a slight giggle in her voice, "But I like knowing that." She says.

Now with a long pause as we stare back at each other before she continues, "So..., I thought, maybe I should stay close to you and maybe some of that calm, coolness would rub off on me so I could relax a bit."

My eyes and her eyes instantly lock onto each other.

Her mouth drops open.

My mouth I know is breaking into one big stupid ass grin.

Her face, turning redder than the red squares in the red and white checkered table cloth covering our table. An the world around us has just screeched to a halt.

Then out of her beautiful mouth comes; "OH GOD! I don't believe I just said that!" Where she lays her pretty head face down on her arms to hide the redness in her face as her body convulses with her laughter.

Which brings tears in my eyes because I'm laughing at her so hard. An along with that I see people looking in our direction; for a reason, they couldn't possibly imagine!

Then through my choking laughter, as I lean over to get closer to her, where the sweet scent of her shampoo and body wash fills my head triggering the memory of it yesterday, Well, did any of me rub off on you? Is my asking her.

At that she rapidly sits up with her head thrown back laughing as she's trying to say, "Oh , please, PLEASE stop, no more, please!"

Then she looks at me, her cheeks glowing with a rosy blush, but before she can say anything else, And did I help you relax too? My asking for more.

Catherine, falling back heavily into her chair, her laughter begins all over again. Where I think she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen!

An with her coat folded over the back of her chair, causing her back to arch, along with her chest heaving with laughter, has her light gray long sleeve turtle neck sweater stretched snugly over her very ample breast, which is making it really difficult for me to stay seated. Because right now, I want to get up and kiss that beautiful woman with the laughing mouth so damn much!

But instead, it's my eyes roaming over her sweater covered breast. But at the same time, feel guilty about it; she is married. But still, I can't help trying to envision what they might look like. Or how they would feel in my hands. Or how her nipples would feel to my lips as I kissed and suckled at them, feeling them harden under my tongue.

An when at last she calms down, and sitting forward, wiping the tears from her cheeks, looks at me while trying to hold a straight face. But it's her gorgeous smile breaking through, "Please, no more talk about..." She starts to say...,

Where I've interrupt, I haven't said a thing. You're the one with the naughty mind? But Catherine, you didn't answer my question. My prodding her.

An now as we look at each other with this lump in my throat, I'm just so totally blown away by her. When at last she says, " Yes..., I was, very relaxed. Okay. So no more about yesterday. Please!" Almost begging.

Not taking my eyes off of her as I calmly reply, Sure, no more talk about yesterday.

But Catherine, you said you haven't had to commute like that for a long time? So I guess you had to at some time?

"Yes I did Bob. But that was when I was going to school down town. And that's been quite a few years ago when I was staying with my mom for a few months before I started rooming with a girlfriend who lived downtown too. But now I drive in almost every day. But yesterday, like I said because of the icy roads, and because I had to be in the office for a very important group meeting. Other wise I would have worked from home. But just as important to me, there was also a friend in town who I wanted to see very much. We had dinner, then spent some very pleasant hours together getting caught up on some things. Afterward, my friend dropped me off at the train station, where I managed to get on the right train, as well as, getting off at the right station too. Where my house keeper met me and drove me home. So yesterday was not only hectic but, as she's looking at me, very pleasant, and exciting too; in many ways." she says.

But just after saying that her cell phone beeps, like mine does, alerting me I have a text message. With that she reaches into her purse, taking out her phone where a warm smile breaks out across her face as she's obviously reading what ever the text is. Then audibly saying "You're very welcome; so did I!" An with a wistful look in her eyes, stares past me across the room as if she's remembering something more about yesterday. Then giving her a few moments, Catherine, is everything alright? My asking.

Where there's a pause before she answers, "Oh yes Bob! " she says. "Everything is fine. Just some warm thoughts."

Not wanting to misinterpret that remark, I just reply with, From the look on your face they must have been.

Where it's, " I'm sorry Bob, I was somewhere else."

Catherine, you to don't have to apologize to me. I've been known get distracted too.

"No Bob, I'm with you now. Where..., I feel very comfortable with you. Perhaps that's why I drifted away like that. I seemed to know you'd understand."

Of course not knowing it now, but in the not to distant future, this moment, her wistful look, and her words of, "Warm thoughts," will be much clearer.

Catherine, I understand a lot of thing, but women are not one of them! My telling her.

"No Bob, I think you understand a lot more about women than you let on. Believe me when I say this, because of the work I do, and the world I move in, both in and outside of my work where I meet a lot of men. So I always have my guard up, trying not to say or imply something that's not really there. I go out with men because it's part of my job to meet, greet and make friends, both in and out of the business as well as in and out of the government and military. But unfortunately many men I've met have the illusion that if a woman is friendly and outgoing; she's available. I try very hard not to give that impression, nor do I want to come across as a cold bitch either. But for some reason, I find you very easy to be with, to relax and be myself. You just seem to be such a very damn nice guy. You're so honest and unpretentious. Like, what you see is, what you get."

Really, my thought. I hope you never see the other Master Sargent Robert Swaggart.

Thank you Catherine! I don't want to ever make you feel uneasy or uncomfortable with me. So thank you again for saying those nice things about me. And I will try very hard to stay on my best behavior. At least around you.

Which has her laughing at me, "Now your being a shit Swaggart!" Her teasing me.

Yeah Catherine, I can be that too.

"Bob, Your too much!"

Why is she saying that?

Damn! I just can't take my eyes off of her, she just blows me completely away. But I have to break this eye contact or I'm going to melt right here and now.

Catherine, you were looking at the menu when John and I came in; had you decided on something? Using that to break the eye contact.