Ch. 08 What Else Could Happen

Story Info
So many different events.
3.5k words
4.52
11.9k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we were leaving the office, Mary came to me and asked what I was doing for dinner. I told her that I didn't have any plans and was up for suggestions. I told her that I would come over and pick her up after getting changed and we agreed on a time. Patty over heard us and asked if she could come along. Mary and I agreed that she would be more than welcome. After getting to my room, I quickly showered, put on a nice blouse, jeans, put on my makeup and fixed my wig. I figured that I was somewhat safe getting dressed there in the room. I would still leave and comeback in the back way so I might not be discovered.

We all met up at Mary's dorm at 6. I drove and Patty told me that the place we were going to is a very relaxed atmosphere and great food. We got to a little Italian place about 15 minutes from the base. I loved the look of the place because it reminded me of a place I used to go to when I was in Germany. Patty and Mary were greeted at the door and I got the impression she and Mary were a little more than just a regulars there. We went to a table a little off to the side.

As we sat down, the waiter (a very cute 19 year old guy with beautiful brown eyes) came over and told Patty, "Mom wants to see you in the kitchen."

Mary just laughed and said jokingly, "OH BOY you're in trouble now!" She also explained that Sgt. Sanchez's wife owned the place.

Patty took off for the kitchen and Mary explained that some of the girls in the office, worked there part time as waitresses' or cooks, when they needed extra cash. About that time Pops came over to the table and sat down. I was a bit shocked and worried because of how I was dressed. When he first looked at me, it was as if he didn't recognize me. His facial expressions went from friendly, to surprised and then to questioning.

He must have seen the fear in my face because he told me, "Relax , you are among friends."

Pops looked at me and said, "I can see that my newest daughter was very pretty and my wife will really enjoy having another girl to spoil". He also told me how he overheard a couple of the girls talking about their new friend but didn't realize it was me.

I guess I relaxed a bit and he asked me what name he should call me and I told him. Mary hugged him and told him how happy she was that he accepted me. He did state, "I may have a bit of a problem getting the names and pronouns right at work but bear with me."

I giggled and told him I would understand. Even he looked a bit more relaxed after that. He also cautioned me to be very careful when on base because he had heard through the grapevine that they were starting another round of gay hunts because of some girl that was stirring up trouble. Mary and I looked at each other and Sharon's name passed in our minds. I remembered what Bobbi had said about having enough dirt on her but I was starting to wonder if it was enough to discredit her.

About that time, Patty came back from the kitchen and sat down. Mary asked her what Mom wanted and Patty told us that she was looking for extra help with a catering job she was doing in two weeks. She also told us that Mom wanted to know who I was. She saw us come in and was curious. Patty told her a little about me like name and how she knew me.

Pops looked at me and said, "It's time to go meet Mom and don't be afraid of the questions that she might ask."

He reminded me, that it was his wife that got him to have such an open mind that he didn't react to me like I was afraid he would. I stood up and headed back to the kitchen.

Mom looked at me as I came through the door and offered my hand to her. I introduced myself and told her, "I'm your newest daughter according to Pops". I was giggling more out of nervousness than of the statement.

At first, she had a strange look on her face like she didn't know what I was talking about. Then you could see the bulb come on as it dawned on her who I was. Mom looked at me, came over to me and hugged me. She said that Pops had told her he had a new person in the office but thought that I was, as she put it, "different".

I had to laugh when she said it and said, "Yea I AM a bit different!"

I think she liked that I wasn't afraid to admit who I was. About this time Pops came in and Maria told him that she thought I was a very pretty young lady and he had better treat me just like all the rest of his daughters.

He laughed, stood at attention, saluted her and said, "Yes Ma'am!"

She asked a few questions about me but had to stop because the food orders started piling up. I think I startled her when I grabbed an apron, checked the order slips and started dishing up the prepared foods.

Mom just looked at me and told Pops, "I LIKE this girl. Anyone that would just jump into the fray without being asked was a good girl."

After about 30 minutes, I returned to the table where Mary and Patty started asking how Mom acted when she met me. I told them that as soon as I started helping in the kitchen I was fast becoming one of her favorites.

Mary laughed and said, "NO I'm her favorite."

Patty stuck her tongue out and said, "You're both wrong, I'm her favorite."

We started laughing when food started appearing at the table. I looked at Mary and asked, "Who and when did we order?"

Patty just told me to hush up and eat because this is what Mom made for us. I guess I was a bit hungry because I dived right in. The food was great, the atmosphere was relaxed and I really felt comfortable.

After eating, Mom came out and sat down with us and that's when the rest of the questions started about who I was. I answered all her questions as well as I could and even think I shocked her a bit with some of my answers. I told her all about me as Mary and Patty listened intently. When I was finished, I think everyone knew more about me than they thought they ever would.

Maria also asked me if I dated. I answered honestly that even though I did go out with girls on occasion, I had a preference for guys. She kind of took me off guard when she asked if I was seeing anyone special.

I told her no but jokingly told her that if she knew a nice boy I wouldn't resist too much. Mom just looked at me with a serious look in her eyes and said, "Before any guy can date one of MY girls, I have to meet them." Mary and Patty just gave me the look like she ain't kidding. I promised that I would make sure to bring any guy that asked me out, to meet her first.

Mom also kind of shocked me when she asked, "Are you going to have the Operation?"

I answered honestly, "I didn't know if I could get the courage to go through with it but it was a mute point till I got out of the military."

I sheepishly told her that in a way, I liked what I had and didn't want to change it just yet. I did tell her that if I ever met a person that accepted me for whom I was and cared enough about me, I would think a lot more about it.

Mom took my hand and looked me straight in the eye and said, "I am confident that you will find that special person." I smiled but I think she could see that I wasn't as confident as she was about that happening.

Mom looked at the clock and told us that we needed to get home to get our beauty sleep. She looked at me and told me that she wanted me to come to her house so we could talk more. She then turned to Pops and told him that I needed a half day off so she could talk to me. At first he looked like he was going to object but backed down when she gave him that serious look.

After hugging Mom and Pops, we piled into the car and headed back to the base. It was somewhat quiet as if no one was willing to speak. I finally just came out and said "OK GIVE!" It was Patty that started the conversation.

Patty asked, "Do you really did prefer guys to women?"

I think Mary was thinking the same thing because she wanted to how many guys I had been with romantically. I told them about a couple of guys that I dated before I went into the military. I also told them about Jim and how after he left for his new assignment, I found out he got married to his high school sweetheart. I told them that for the most part, guys seemed to enjoy having me as a girlfriend but the problems of having a Trans girlfriend would overcome their feelings. I also told them how being involved with someone while on active duty meant not only fear for me but for the guy too.

It got quiet again for the remainder of the ride. I really was off in my own world when I came to the base gate and forgot how I was dressed. I got the most horrible scare when I realized it was too late to turn away from the gate without looking suspicious. Then I got a very pleasant surprise. One of the APs on duty was none other than Robert (see Chapter 2). At first, I just looked at him scared when I handed him my ID. He looked at me and then got this big grin on his face as I realized who he was.

All he said was "Hi Michelle."

I was stunned. I looked at him and said, "Hi Robert. I didn't know that you were a cop. The last time I saw you, you were a dorm manager."

He said that the dorm position was just temporary while he was waiting to retrain into security. He asked, "Can I see you sometime over a cup of coffee so we could talk privately?"

I told him sure, gave him my office number and told him what room I was in at the TLQ. As I left the gate, both Mary and Patty wanted to know all the dirt. I told them that there was not much to tell except that Robert and I were stationed together once. They didn't believe me.

Mary said, "When we get to my dorm, you are coming in to tell all about him."

I knew that I couldn't argue so we went to her room. I'm glad that I was still fully dressed or else it might have been a problem when we got inside. There were other girls in the hall, in various stages of dressing. I think they might have raised an unholy hell when I came in the building.

When we got in the room, Mary got a couple of sodas and the inquest began.

Mary looked at me and said, "Just how well did Robert know you?"

I told them more about Jim and our relationship together. I told them that Robert was the dorm manager for our dorm and acted a little strange all the time that Jim and I were together. I was afraid that Robert was an undercover OSI agent looking to catch Jim and me.

Patty said "I wonder if he will tell anyone?"

Mary turned to her and said "He had better not try anything or he will have nothing but BIG TROUBLE!"

I told them "I saw Robert on my last day on that base and was fully dressed." I explained that I had put on my tight, pink short shorts and tight white tank top that allowed my red bra to show through. My makeup was a bit on the flirty side and I had on a blond wig.

I explained that I told him how I felt about him and he told me that I got the wrong impression. I repeated what he said about how he wanted to be closer but didn't know how to ask.

Mary laughed and said "Typical guy, can't think with their big head and can't engage their mouths when they need to the most."

Patty asked "Do you think he really does want to get closer or is he just wanting to get into you panties?"

I had to be honest with them and said, "I really don't know but I will talk to him and just go from there."

After a couple of minutes of quiet, I told them I had to go. They hugged me and told me not to worry that the sisters would be there if needed. I thanked them for being there for me and headed back to the room.

When I got to my room, I was surprised to find Robert standing there. He told me he was off duty and just wanted to talk. I didn't know what to say except "OK."

He said "If you don't mind too much, I would prefer talking in my room since it afforded more privacy."

I stated, "I wasn't exactly comfortable with you being in the room alone with me but as long as you understood ONLY TALKING was going to happen."

He understood, opened my door and excused myself to get into more comfortable clothes. I went into the bathroom, got out of my tight jeans, blouse and bra but left on my panties and pulled on a loose fitting gym suit.

I came out of the bathroom and he looked at me and said, "You do know that you are just as beautiful as the day you left."

I blushed and asked him to tell me what was going on with him. He told me a little more of what happened after I left. His training but mostly how he really did miss having me around.

He told me, "If we had stayed in touch, he felt that he would have been able to explain himself better."

"I had thought about you a few times after I left and wondered what would have happened if I stayed", I quietly told him.

"After Jim left, I was devastated and needed someone to hold me and remind me that it wasn't me that drove him away." I did kind of lie to him and told him how he kept talking to me as often as he did, helped quite a bit.

Robert said "I wish you would have been a little less afraid to be yourself after Jim left because I knew about you, way before Jim did."

He went on to tell me how once he entered my room just before a big inspection and found my locker wide open. When he went to close and lock it for me, he saw a pair of panties and a bra in it. He knew that I didn't have a girlfriend so guessed they were mine. He locked the locker and never said a word to anyone about his find.

I seemed to remember that day because I wondered how the locker got locked especially when I opened it and found my undies had been moved. I just thought I had closed the locker and Jim locked it for me. It bothered me that Jim may have found my undies but he never said anything so I never thought about it again.

I asked Robert, "Was it you that moved my underwear?"

He told me "Yes I picked them up and tried to hide it but changed my mind and just locked the locker. I knew that Jim had no idea about you at that time. I started putting two and two together after that. The type of shampoo you used. The bath soaps that only women might use and how you always seemed to take late night showers. "

He also told me that he noticed how I never had hair on my legs or arm pits and how I would sometimes wiggle my butt as I walked down the hall after passing a cute guy.

I sat there floored that he noticed all this. I just looked at him like I almost didn't believe him. I thought I was more careful to cover my tracks.

He hung his head down and quietly said, "I want to admit that I used to go in your room when you and Jim weren't there, to see what I could find. I realized that you and Jim were in a relationship when I found a used rubber under the bed one day. I put it in the trash, took the bag out of the room and put it in the dumpster for you. I knew the 1st Shirt was doing a surprise inspection that day and didn't want you to get in trouble."

He went on to say, "I knew Jim was just using you, while he was getting engaged but I didn't know how to warn you. It broke my heart when he left and I had to sit there unable to help more than I did. I just wanted to reach out, take you in my arms and make you believe that everything would be alright."

The tears started flowing as all the pain and heart ache of Jim came crashing back. All the fears of thinking that Robert was just out to get Jim and I in trouble, only to find that Robert was protecting me. I looked into Roberts's eyes and all I saw was love and caring. He held out his arms to me and I melted into them. I felt his strong arms around me protecting me. I heard him quietly telling me everything will be alright and not to worry. I felt him stroking my hair and then his light kisses on my forehead. I cried so hard because of how wrong I was about him.

After several minutes, I regained control and looked into his eyes again. I saw those deep blue eyes looking back at me with nothing but caring in them. He leaned down and lightly kissed me on the lips. I responded without thinking and kissed him back with as much passion I could. I felt him lightly running his hand up and down my back. I didn't want to stop him. We must have cuddled for almost an hour when I realized that I had fallen into a light sleep. I guess with everything that had happened over the last several weeks, I was exhausted but found comfort in arms of a man that I once thought of as a possible enemy.

When I woke up, I must have looked startled because Robert, hugged me close to him, looked at me and said, "Hi sleepyhead. Have a nice nap?"

I excused myself and went into the bathroom. I threw water on my face and looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't believe what was happening. I gathered my thoughts for a moment, straightened up my makeup and went back out to the couch with Robert.

Before I could say anything, he stated, "I'm glad that we could get things straightened out between us and I hope that we will be able to get together again."

I told him "I would like to have a little time to think about everything but don't take that as a no for going out together."

He understood and said "here's my number call me soon, OK?"

I kissed him as he started opening the door and he got the biggest smile on his face. I told him I will call him soon. As I closed the door, I leaned against it and thought about the strange turn of events that was unfolding around me. First it was the Sharon incident, then the acceptance of my co-workers, Mom and Pops, now Robert. I felt like it was an explosion waiting to happen. I crawled into bed without removing my makeup or clothes and fell into a fitful sleep.