Challenge

Story Info
Co-eds settle a challenge on the reality of hypnosis.
6.4k words
4.66
63k
72

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/12/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My next venture goes back a bit earlier to college days. Once again even if these events were real I would obviously chance the names and places to protect the guilty. Enjoy this jaunt into the past and some kinky fun.

*****

Chapter 1

"I can't believe that you bought into any of that shit being real," Shayla said as they stepped out of the building onto the college quad. Trees grew sporadically across the lawn with winding paths leading from each of the buildings. Students bustling from class to class moved in small groups chatting amongst themselves.

Kyle glanced back at the short, ebony girl trailing him. "If you think it's so fake why are you taking the class?" he retorted. This was a familiar scene since the school year had begun. There was always something that Shayla was sharing her opinion on and Kyle was her target of choice.

"Well it's not like the whole class is fake. We both know that psychology is real or we wouldn't be taking it. What I'm talking about is that hypnosis bullshit. I swear you are the only one in the entire class that is buying into it."

Kyle sighed, "Yes, it's real. Yes, I believe it can be done. No, I'm not changing my mind. Honestly we have had this conversation a dozen times. You get to have your opinions and I get to have mine. What's so important to you that you convince me that it's fake?"

"It's not important," Shayla countered. "You are just so hung up on it and I know it's bull. If you want to walk around believing shit that ain't real I guess it's on you. I was just trying to save you from your dumb self."

Kyle sat down under one of the old shade trees. "Yes it is. I know what's real and what isn't so you can carry on your merry way."

Shayla looked down at the tall young man leaning back against the tree and decided to push it a bit more. "If it's real then you can prove it right? I mean if it's what you believe then you can hypnotize me right? Cause if you can't then we'll know I'm right."

Kyle met Shayla's gaze and held it. He looked her over taking in her wavy dark hair and heavyset body she always concealed with a seemingly endless supply of baggy sweatshirts. "So you are this hung up on being right? You've brought up this conversation every day since the professor mentioned hypnosis and I agreed with her about it being useful in that hypothetical situation."

"Yeah. You're usually right about everything so this time I get to prove you wrong," Shayla said smiling. "Unless you just want to give up now."

"So you are saying that all I have to do is hypnotize you and you'll agree that I'm right about it?" Kyle asked skeptically.

"Not that you can do it but yeah. That's it," Shayla said.

"What I don't get is why you are so against hypnosis," Kyle responded idly going through his psychology notebook. "You seem hell bent on me saying that it's not real. I know it's real and you're delusional so why can't we just agree on that?"

"Why you gotta go down that road?" Shayla said laughing lightly. "I bet you think it's real 'cause you're just a control freak."

Kyle paused in his reading and looked up. Shayla's smirked as she stood there with her hand on her hip. "You couldn't handle being hypnotized. Besides what would your girls say? Getting hypnotized by a 'white boy'."

"Dodging the challenge then?"

"Fine, what's the challenge and what's it worth to you?"

"You hypnotize me and you can do whatever you want. Since you'll be all in control and shit that shouldn't be a problem. But when you can't, you tell the whole psych class that you were wrong and it's all fake," Shayla grinned.

Kyle raised an eyebrow at the girl's audacity, "So I get one shot at putting you under and if I can do it, I get to do anything I want to you. If I can't, I have to tell everyone in class I'm wrong. Does that about cover it?"

"Sounds like you're afraid you can't do it," Shayla said sounding slightly let down.

"Oh no, not afraid," Kyle said watching the ebony co-ed. "I just prefer to hedge my bets instead of an all or nothing situation. Besides 'anything I want'..." he trailed off with a slight grin, "Anything. You must be pretty confident that I can't put you under. What if we agree to three sessions. I'll prove to you that hypnosis is not only real but that you have been hypnotized. If I can't do that then I will tell the class that hypnosis isn't real. And if I win? Like I said saying anything leaves those doors wide open. Have something a little more specific and realistic in mind? Something that might not land you in quite so much trouble when you lose?"

Shayla laughed, flashing a bright smile, "I wouldn't have offered it if I wasn't willing to pay up. I still think that you are going to lose your ass but if you manage to pull this shit off sky's the limit. Just don't get us thrown in jail."

Kyle leaned back against the tree letting his mind run through all of the possibilities and outcomes of what was in front of him. There wasn't likely to be a better opportunity to delve into a challenging hypnotic partner and the potential rewards were finally sinking in. "So three sessions to get you not only to go under but to realize and admit that you've been hypnotized. Deal," he said sticking out his hand.

Shayla grinned like the cat that ate the canary and shook his hand, "When and where we starting this off hypno boy?"

"My apartment tonight at 7 unless you already have plans for an exciting Friday night," Kyle said thinking of the things he would need to get ready.

"Gimme your address and I'll be there. Get ready to lose a bet."

Chapter 2

Shayla pulled up to the run down apartment building with a half hour to spare. She looked over the building making sure she had the right one from the half dozen scattered haphazardly across the poorly paved parking lot. "Well this looks like the place," Shayla said to herself as she wondered how her mouth had gotten her here. "Girl get your ass in there and see what it's all about." Making her way into the building she walked down a few stairs to the one lower apartment that was half buried in the ground. "Basement dweller," she chuckled as she knocked on Kyle's door.

Kyle opened the door looking slightly surprised to see Shayla standing there. "A bit early are we?"

Shayla just gave a grin, "Hey I wanted to make sure I could find the place. Better early than late anyway. So can I come in or are you just going to stand there in the doorway?"

Kyle stepped back and swung the door wide, "Of course. Come on in and make yourself comfortable. We'll be working in the living room. I tidied up a bit but don't look too closely," Kyle laughed.

Shayla stepped into the apartment and turned left into Kyle's living room. She was prepared for a typical guy's room with scattered pizza boxes and a game system strung out across the floor. Greeting her was a much better arranged space than she had expected. The game system was there but was neatly sitting on a shelf under the TV with the controllers tucked beside it. The scattered, half-empty food containers were missing and the coffee table actually had a scuffed but clean surface that was bare of anything but a couple of text books, a notebook, and a candle. The couch was worn but Shayla had to admit it was pretty comfortable as she seated herself there. A recliner that had seen better days sat diagonally from the couch. From the way the books were angled it looked to be the spot that Kyle sat in.

"Would you like something to drink before we get started?" Kyle asked.

"Nah I'm good," Shayla replied turning around in her seat to look over at Kyle. "Is this where you wanted me? Am I supposed to lie down or anything?"

"You're fine either sitting up or laying down. Just make yourself comfortable enough to relax. We'll take it slow and see if we can ease you down into a simple trance," Kyle said, lighting the candle before sitting down in the recliner.

"I'll sit, that's fine. So what do I need to do? How is it you are going to work your magic?"

"Just relax and focus on this candle," Kyle said shifting the candle so it was directly in front of the girl's position. "Just relax and breathe as you watch the flame and listen to my words. Its pretty easy."

"You mean I'm just going to watch this candle and that's it?"

"Yes. It's nice and easy. You're just going to listen to me talk for a bit. Shouldn't be too hard at all."

"Fine. How long before you just admit you are going to fail?"

"Shayla you are arguing just to argue. Why don't you focus on the flame and let's see how real or fake it all is? Just relax and watch the flame."

"Fine. Whatever makes you happy," Shayla said looking at the small flickering flame dancing at the tip of the candle.

"Just focus on the center of the flame. Breathe in deeply and let it out slowly. Let yourself relax as you watch the flame dance back and forth. Focus on the center of the flame and watch as it becomes crystal clear." Kyle's voice had a soft resonant tone that slipped inside Shayla's mind without forcing its way in.

Shayla watched the flame of the candle flickering before her and simply listened to Kyle. His voice was nice but she knew she didn't feel particularly sleepy or anything else.

"Let everything else around you blur and fade. Focus on the flame and see the center deep inside it. All around you everything but the flame and my voice fading away," Kyle continued. "Feel your body relaxing. Let your mind focus deep into the candle's flame as your body gets tired and heavy."

Shayla saw every detail inside the dancing flame and didn't even acknowledge that her posture had begun to slump forward slightly as she watched the candle more intently.

"You can see the flame inside your mind now," Kyle continued. "Even as your eyelids slide closed you can still see the flame. You're so relaxed and tired just let your eyes close and watch the flame inside your mind. Nothing else exists but the flame and my voice."

Shayla knew she wasn't tired at all and didn't even realize that her eyes had drifted closed. She was still intensely focused on the flame that she could still see clearly in her mind's eye. Her body slouched forward more as she slipped under.

Kyle smiled as he watched Shayla slip under but continued to lead her down deeper. "Follow the flame and my voice and I am going to take you deeper. You want to follow don't you Shayla?"

"Yyyesss," Shayla said her voice slightly drawn out.

"I am going to count down from 10 and leading you down deeper into sleep with each number." Kyle counted down watching Shayla's soft, steady breathing remaining unchanged through the process. "You are very deeply asleep now aren't you Shayla?"

"Sleep," Shayla admitted groggily.

"Now listen closely to my voice. Feel my words become a part of you," Kyle said continuing the induction. For the next half hour Kyle continued to deepen the trance making it part of Shayla's subconscious. He wanted to make sure that she could go under again easily for him so he spent time implanting a trigger phrase to make that happen. Shayla sleepily replied to each command he gave her. Before long, Kyle felt confident that he could take the ebony skinned girl back under with no problem during their next session if needed. "...and wake."

Shayla blinked and stared at the candle, coming out of the trance but not saying anything.

"So how are you feeling?" Kyle asked since Shayla hadn't said a word yet.

"Same as I did when we stared this shit," She responded. "Well maybe my back's a bit stiffer since this couch isn't as comfy as it looks."

"So you don't feel any different after going under?"

"There ain't been a damn thing that has happened. I've sat here looking at your dumb candle while you keep talking on and on. I haven't 'gone under' or any other damn thing. I told you this hypnosis stuff was bullshit."

Kyle just stared over at Shayla. The shock was apparent on his face, "So you don't remember any of it?"

"There wasn't anything to remember. I've just been sitting here winning the bet. One session down and two to go before you get to tell everyone how wrong you were," Shayla said smiling over at the stunned co-ed. "You gonna have that same dumb expression on your face when you tell them too?"

This unexpected outcome was even better than he had imagined. This was opening up some very interesting possibilities. "So are you free for the next session tomorrow night?"

"Heck yeah. You must be in a rush to admit how wrong you were. We can do the next one tomorrow and the last one Sunday and you can pout your way through class come Monday. Sounds like a plan to me."

Kyle nodded smiling, "Tomorrow night same time?" He stood up and offered a hand to help Shayla up.

Shayla took the offered hand and stood up off the couch. "Same time works. I got a few things to do earlier in the day so that'll work."

Kyle led her to the front door and held it open, "I'm looking forward to it."

"So long as you are looking forward to losing 'cause that's what you're doing. See you tomorrow."

Chapter 3

The knock on Kyle's door came at 6:30pm, a half hour early just as with the previous night. Kyle was expecting it though and quickly opened the door to see Shayla standing there in yet another pair of jeans and oversized sweatshirt. "Early again hmm?"

"Yeah well I was thinking that maybe the clock in my car was messed up. When I left it said it was almost eight and there ain't no way in hell that I was at your place for no hour and a half," Shayla said walking into the apartment and then into the living room. "Looks like you have everything set up for us again."

"Yeah I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to take you under again."

"You mean try and take me under at all," Shayla said with a smirk. "You ain't done it a first time yet."

Kyle smiled back, "Of course. Let see how you do tonight. Maybe we can get you to go under tonight and settle this once and for all."

"Do your worst, hon."

"Just like yesterday I want you to watch the flame and focus on its center. Breathe in deep and let it out slowly. Let yourself relax as you watch the flame dance back and forth. Focus deeply on the center of the flame and relax as it becomes crystal clear." Kyle watched as Shayla's eyes locked onto the flame much faster this time. "Let everything else around you blur and fade. Everything around you but the flame and my voice fading away. Feel your body relaxing. Let your mind focus deep into the candle's center and let your body get tired and heavy."

Shayla was clearly focused on the candle's flame as her posture had shifted down and forward. She was barely even blinking. "Now just let your eyes slip closed Shayla and sleep for me. You can see the flame deep inside your mind even while your eyes are closed. That candle flame is going to lead you down deeper into sleep and deeper into your mind," Kyle said watching as her eyes dropped slowly closed and her body slumped even more. "Listen as my words fill your mind. When I say the words 'wrong way' you will take off one item of clothing but you won't realize what you are doing. You will take it off and set it beside you but not notice that you have taken it off or that it is laying there. Do you understand, Shayla?"

There was a long pause and Kyle began to wonder if the suggestion was pushing the girl too far. "Yes," Shayla finally slurred out as if finally accepting what was being said.

Kyle breathed a sigh of relief and continued on, "Every time I say 'wrong way' you will take off another piece of clothing. You won't notice anything out of the ordinary until I say the word 'naked'. What happens when I say 'wrong way', Shayla?"

"I take off one thing," Shayla said her voice dull and slow.

"Do you realize what you are doing?"

"No"

"Good. Now I am going to take you deeper and we will repeat these instructions. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

Kyle repeated the suggestion over and over taking his subject down deeper each time wanting to make sure that the suggestion was deeply rooted in her subconscious. Finally he was satisfied that he had ingrained it as deeply as he could. It was either going to work perfectly or blow up spectacularly. "...and wake."

Shayla's eyes fluttered open and blinked a few times letting the candle come back into focus. Not hearing Kyle's voice any more, she looked up to see him sitting there watching her. "So did you give up? Here I thought you was gonna give it all you got."

"Well I thought we should talk some about it in between our attempts," Kyle said giving a half grin. "I wouldn't want to go about this the wrong way." He paused holding his breath watching to see what would happen.

Shayla kicked off her sandals under the coffee table. "Hey is that drink offer still good. If we're going to be talking more I just realized how dry my mouth is."

"Sure thing. I have water, pop, or juice," Kyle said trying to hide his excitement at the subtle signs of his success.

Shayla grinned, "A real partier you are." I'll take some pop, Pepsi if you have it."

"Sure thing," Kyle said getting up and heading into the small kitchen to get the drink. He returned quickly ready to continue. "Here you go. Don't want to get to thirsty and make this evening go the wrong way."

Shayla set her drink down on the table and reached down to grab the bottom of her sweatshirt. She pulled it up over her head and set it on the couch beside her before picking up her glass and taking a long drink. "Thanks. Was thirstier than I thought. Something wrong?"

Kyle was staring openly at the huge mounds of flesh held in place by a dark blue bra. Having no idea on sizes he simply knew that they were massive. They concealed a fairly small waist flaring out to generous hips still covered by her jeans. Kyle snapped his head up and tried to cover his open mouth gaping, "Oh nothing. I just realized how thirsty I was too."

Shayla set her glass down and leaned back giving Kyle a gorgeous view. "So trying to get your second wind huh? I just don't think you are going to be able to pull this off."

"Umm, yeah. I don't have a chance of it working now do I?" Kyle said recovering his initial shock. "Although you never really know. I have the rest of our time here as well as tomorrow's session."

"So far you ain't got much of a result," Shayla said. "From how much you supported it in class I figured you had at least something to put behind that."

"I think you are going the wrong way about that. I have had more experience with it than you think and I have a feeling that I can have just as much success with you," Kyle replied while watching Shayla stand up and slip off her jeans. She took them and set them on top of her discarded sweatshirt beside her on the couch. Her generous hips and full round ass were now clearly on display. As she wiggled out of the jeans, Kyle enjoyed the show of her round tits swaying back and forth.

"Well I've been waiting and there just hasn't been much to show for it," Shayla pouted, folding her arms across her chest still unaware of her state of undress.

"Oh I see now," Kyle smirked enjoying the beauty on display and even more so the fact that she was completely unaware of her exposure. "You are saying there just hasn't been enough shown. Well if I am going about it the wrong way then maybe I need to change things up just a little bit."

Shayla uncrossed her arms and reached behind her to unhook her bra. Her massive mammaries swung into view for Kyle's pleasure. They were each far more than a handful of dark flesh and Kyle was looking forward to doing more than just looking at them. As Shayla set her bra on top of the growing pile of clothes beside her Kyle gawked at her thick puffy nipples as they hardened in the cool air of the apartment.

"Well you better change something up. Are you going to put me under or give up and admit that you are wrong about all the shit you been saying?" Shayla said lean back against the couch, causing a distracting amount of jiggling.

12