Change of Hart

Story Info
Being a friend of the environment gets Hart a new friend.
4.8k words
4.47
27.3k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BrettJ
BrettJ
4,748 Followers

For most of his life, Hart Richards had two priorities. The first priority was family. He treasured his parents, his sisters and nieces and nephews. He would have done, and did do, anything to make their lives better.

The second priority was an all-consuming one that threatened to destroy Hart. He wasn't aware of it until it was almost too late. He became obsessed with the acquisition of money and power. He wasn't a cruel man, so he didn't step on anyone's toes to get it. He merely started at the bottom and made himself so indispensable to the company that they had to promote him. And promote him again. Then again, until he was CEO of the firm and owned 51% of the stock. He achieved that goal by living modestly for the first few years of his career and using extra cash to buy as much stock as he could afford.

His parents were very proud of him and his mom constantly bragged about her handsome, successful son. Now that he had achieved a position in the upper echelons, Hart began to live the lifestyle of a man with power and wealth. He could now afford the fancy suits, cars and the trips he hadn't allowed himself in earlier years. He made sure to lavish attention on his family as well. The sacrifices of his parents had enabled him to get as far as he had.

"We don't need all of these fancy things," Sandra said to her son. "I'm happy to see you successful, but I'd be just as happy if you had a wife and I had a few more grandchildren. You know me, I have simple tastes. I like to putter in the garden and keep busy with my charity work."

Hart nodded and hugged his mom. His English-born mother had always enjoyed having a nice garden; she loved the earth and all living things. She worked for several charities and foundations that were "friends of the earth" and at times, Hart thought she overdid it. When he expressed his concerns to his father, he merely shrugged and said "It keeps her happy and if she's happy, I'm happy". Nothing more was said.

One thing his mom said struck a chord with Hart. He was 30 now and still a bachelor. True, he had dated some beautiful, exciting women, but he came from a traditional family with traditional values. He wanted a wife and children some day. What good was wealth and power if you couldn't share your possessions with someone who mattered? He was tall, dark-haired and had a lot going for him. Hart knew that it wouldn't be too difficult for him to find someone to settle down with, all he had to do was look for her.

It didn't take much of a search. Hart met Vanessa at a business conference and the two of them fit together like peas in a pod. She seemed to be everything he would ever want in a woman. She was smart, driven, funny and goddamnedsexy! Once business was concluded, she proved to Hart that she knew how to play and play hard. They met for dinner and the statuesque, auburn-haired beauty showed up in a silver dress that looked as if she had been sewn into it. In heels, Vanessa nearly matched Hart's 6'3" frame. "I like to look a man in the eye," Vanessa purred into his ear. "Especially when I intend tofuck him."

A lesser man might have been taken aback by Vanessa's blunt, forceful nature. In the circle in which he traveled, Hart had met women like Vanessa before. Such women were not afraid to take what they wanted with no fuss about it. He found that attractive about her. Hart treated his companion to a lavish dinner replete with champagne and then, they went back to his hotel suite to consummate their "business partnership".

It was hard for Hart to ascertain just what kind of lover his new girlfriend was, because she was all over the place. In bed, she held nothing back. The instant her dress slid to the floor, he knew that he was in for a fantastic ride. Boldly, she had gone without a stitch of underwear and furthermore, she didn't need it. Fantastic breasts rode high on her chest, her stomach was flat and toned and her legs were as sleek as those of a dancer or swimmer. He recalled that later when they were wrapped around him as they made love. They made love in several positions and Vanessa seemed to delight in all of them. She was both giving and selfish, she demanded the best he had to give her in bed.

The two of them spent the remainder of the conference together and decided that they fit together well. Vanessa only lived an hour's drive from Hart, so it was easy for them to start a relationship. Not too surprisingly, it was Vanessa who proposed to him.

"We fit together and it's silly for us to keep driving back and forth, you to my place, me to yours," she said to him. "Neither of us is getting any younger, so why don't we make a go of marriage?" It made perfect sense to Hart, so the couple went out, bought an engagement ring and set a short date. Hart's mother was thrilled, although not without a few reservations.

"Don't get me wrong darling, she seems very nice," Sandra said to her son. "I just wonder, you're both so career-driven -- when will you find time for each other?"

Hart smiled and laughed at his mom good-naturedly. "I'm sure we'll make the time, mother," he answered her. "Both of us want this marriage to succeed and we're a good fit." Sandra nodded and gave her blessing. The wedding was on a beautiful Saturday in July and everything seemed to go as it should.

That was all on the surface. As it turned out, Sandra's concerns for her son and his new bride proved all-too real. One day, Hart was on a plane here or Vanessa was traveling there. Though they tried to make their schedules work, they simply couldn't make their lives mesh. The happy couple were both tired of being alone. There were times that the newlyweds saw each other only a few times in a month. They both knew that the marriage wasn't working. It was time to throw in the towel and have an amicable split before animosity crept in and destroyed what had started as a good friendship. The marriage lasted less than three years, but it did end without any acrimony.

Hart returned to the social whirlwind his life had been before marrying Vanessa, but his heart just wasn't in it. He didn't want to date and have meaningless sex. While he wasn't going to be a monk and remain celibate, he did want to pursue a relationship. Unfortunately, a lot of the women he met were younger and not at that stage just yet. He needed to find a woman of substance. Not only that, he had reached such a level at his work that he needed a challenge. To be honest, since his divorce, Hart was bored out of his mind.

"If you're looking for a project, why not come and volunteer with my group?" His mother suggested. "We have community gardens, sponsor recycling projects, help clean up city parks -- all sorts of things that give back to the community. I also don't think it would hurt our reputation to have someone as prominent as you helping out," Sandra told him.

Hart got that look in his eyes and shifted his feet the way he did when he was a little boy and Sandra had given him a chore he didn't want to do. "Did I mention there are lots of pretty, available young women who volunteer?" She smiled, knowing she had him, hook, line and sinker.

Hart knew he could never win an argument with his mother and honestly, he didn't want to win this one. He could spare the time away from the office and he was always lecturing his employees about giving back. Why not set an example and lead the pack? He told his mother he'd be willing to give it a shot and arranged to help her the following Wednesday. They started with the community garden. Hart had forgotten how much fun he used to have helping his mother out when he was younger. By the end of the day, he ached and his hands were filthy, but he'd enjoyed himself despite all of that.

"Would your group be interested in some extra land?" He asked Sandra and the committee. "I have a plot I bought for development and it's just sitting there, unused. Until someone makes me an offer on it, there's no sense it going to waste." When he told them how large a parcel of land he was talking about, there was a collective gasp.

"Dear, I think that's a very generous offer, but I don't think we'd have enough volunteers to work on it," Sandra told Hart.

"I think I can help with that as well, mother," Hart told her with one of his winning smiles. "I've already let my employees know I'm doing some volunteer work and that I'd be -grateful -- to anyone who pitches in. I'll offer a day off --with pay -- to any employee who gives up a Saturday or Sunday to help in any capacity needed."

Naturally, as with anything Hart did, it became a success. He also helped his mother organize a clean-up of a few local parks and offered them warehouse space for their recycling projects. He threw himself into his new project with vigor, enjoying himself and still finding it hard to keep the over-achiever from creeping in. What was noticeable to his employees, several of whom continued to volunteer, was that their boss was a lothappier as of late. He hadn't been this happy since before his divorce. Hart knew it himself. He had a project again, a new mountain to climb and new vistas to conquer.

It was while "climbing" that he met CJ and Hart -- lost his heart.

CJ Pace was a 22-year old college student who had gotten involved with the group as part of her community service. She was helping clean up the park when she walked by a busy Hart. He wasn'ttoo busy to notice the little Asian dynamo who had just walked past him in a hip-hugging pair of short-shorts.

"Whoa!" He exclaimed, losing his composure in an all-too rare moment. "Mother, who on God's green earth isthat?" Without a minute's hesitation, his mother grabbed him by the hand and led him to where CJ was picking up litter.

"CJ, this handsome man is my son, Hart," Sandra said, being as bold as brass in introducing them. "If he has a brain in his head, he'll invite you to dinner when we're done here. If you're as smart as I think you are, you'll say yes. I'll see you both later, my work here is done," Sandra chuckled, leaving the other two alone.

"My mom," Hart laughed. "She has no shame."

"She's a pistol," CJ laughed along with him and held out her hand. "CJ Pace."

"Hart Richards. What does CJ stand for?"

"Cynthia Janine, but I hate it, so please, call me CJ. Oh, and the answer is yes," she smiled.

"What was the question?"

"Tsk, and your mother said you were smart. I assumed you were going to invite me to dinner. If you're smart, you will and I'll say yes, because you are gorgeous," CJ grinned. "I've seen your picture in the paper on a few occasions."

Hart didn't have the market cornered on gorgeous, CJ had her own section all to herself. She might have stood only 5'2" or 5'3", but she packed a punch. Her face was perfect and expressive, her eyes a rich chocolate brown and her hair, long and ebony black, went down to her waist. She was also toned and built, a miniature Venus. Hart hoped that she wouldn't have an issue with their age difference, because he most assuredly wanted to know this young dynamo much better.

"CJ Pace, why does that name sound so familiar?" Hart asked quizzically.

"It's on the gateway arch above the entrance to the park," CJ smiled at him, still stunning in her casual beauty.

"Pace Wineries? That'syour family?" He asked and she nodded in response. He knew CJ's father well and had done business with him on several occasions.

"It is, but I don't believe in flaunting my wealth," CJ grinned as they walked to a nearby bench to take a break. "I want people to take me for who I am and not what I have."

"Not me, I love flaunting my wealth," Hart laughed. "I worked damn hard to get it and I love the lifestyle it has provided me and my family. I figure I'm only going around once, so I plan to spend it while I've got it," he told the clearly-amused younger woman. She was sitting so close that he could smell her perfume and get a good look at her body. Then he remembered that they had a dinner date. "I should get home and change," he told CJ. "I want to look my best for the beautiful young lady I'm taking to dinner."

"Don't you need to finish up here?" CJ asked.

"Nah, there are more than enough people, I just came to pitch in and keep an eye on things," he said. "If they don't finish today, I can afford to hire a cleaning crew to finish the job tomorrow. What time would you like me to pick you up?"

"I should keep going for another hour or so," CJ smiled. "Does seven-ish work for you?"

"It does," Hart smiled and stood up. He had to resist the urge to kiss her goodbye. Not since meeting Vanessa had a woman affected him in this way. Maybe not even then. He walked towards his car and he felt sure she was watching him go. It was quite ego-boosting to have someone young and sexy interested in him. He knew that he wasn't quite 40 and had a lot to offer, but CJ came from as much money as he did -- even more. She seemed to like him for who he was and that felt good. He actually found himself humming as he drove home --humming! Well, why not? It had been a long time since he had been excited about a date. He jumped in the shower and then he found one of his fanciest suits. Hart intended to pour on the charm all evening. He did not want this date to be a one-time occasion. He wanted to spend as much time with the young lovely as he possibly could and see if it would lead anywhere. He had heard that CJ didn't like to flaunt her money, although he doubted she would object to a classy evening on the town. He went down to the garage and got in his car. He knew that he was stacking the deck in his favor, but there weren't too many women who could resist a classic Corvette in mint condition. He started the car and she still purred like a contented kitten. Another one of the perks of having money, he could afford the top mechanics to keep his baby in tip-top shape, although he did like to tinker a bit himself.

When he got to CJ's condo, he wondered just how impressed she would be. It was almost as large as his and in a very nice section of town. Still, he was in for a penny and in for a pound. He parked the car and walked to her door, ringing the bell. When he saw his date, his eyes almost bugged out of his head like in an old Tex Avery cartoon. CJ was clad in a low-cut, short, figure hugging orange dress, shining gold high heels and matching jewelry. She made the CJ of earlier in the day look like a schoolgirl. She looked older, sexier and more sophisticated. "I somehow got the idea we'd be doing the town tonight," she smiled as she looked at her immaculately-groomed date. "I see I was right. Oh my God, you have a '69 Vette. I thought about buying one last year but I'm still in university and I'd never get to drive it."

Looking to score some Brownie points, he handed her the keys. "Be my guest," he told CJ. Inside his nerves were shaking and his palms were sweating. NO ONE had ever driven his toy, not even Vanessa. Yet somehow, he felt safe letting CJ have a turn. He turned out to be right, she was a wonderful, skilled driver.

"Le Bon Nuit," she smiled as the couple pulled up to the restaurant. "How did you know this is my favorite restaurant?" Everyone made such a fuss when he entered that she looked at him with an odd expression.

He shrugged and emitted a quiet chuckle. "Actually, I didn't. I own a large share of this place and come here frequently. I staked the owners when he opened and instead of having him repay my loan with interest, I took a share of the place. It turned out to be a wise move, I've more than doubled my original investment."

CJ's eyes seemed to dance as she listened to him. He wasn't consciously trying to impress her, but he did hope that she was impressed. Everything he did tonight was designed to curry her favor. She let him order the wine and make suggestions regarding the meal. Hart was very conscious of not coming across as too controlling. It was in his nature to take charge and he knew that would not necessarily play well here.

Their meal was excellent and the company was a delight. The candlelight highlighted her beautiful, exotic features and look. Hart found it difficult not to stare at her. Every move she made, every little gesture, the way she cocked her head to one side when listening to him, her soft laugh and her sexy dark hair, all of it was driving him crazy. By the time they had dessert, which she devoured, Hart was thoroughly captivated, smitten beyond words. As he walked her to the car, he hoped she would consent to another date.

When he asked her with a trace of nervousness in his voice, CJ actually laughed. "You'rekidding, right? You're the handsomest, sexiest man I've ever been out with and you actually listened to me, in fact, you seemed to hang on my every word. Of course I want to go out with you again, as soon as possible."

"To be honest, the dress did have something to do with it," Hart confessed with a sheepish grin.

"That's why we girls wear them, handsome," CJ said as she flashed him a dazzling, toothy smile. "Although I must confess the color and cut of this particular dress does tend to get me noticed."

"I won't promise to behave if you wear something similar on our next date," Hart grinned. "Are you up for something a bit wacky?"

"With you? Anything. Just what did you have in mind?"

"There's an amusement park just outside of town," Hart told her. "I know, it's dopey, but I've loved them ever since I was a kid. I thought that we ..."

"My dress must be distracting you more than I thought," CJ laughed. "I said yes after the words `amusement park'. I love that kind of thing and I promise to look as sexy as I'm able," she smiled at him.

"That's pretty damned sexy from where I'm standing," Hart flirted as he opened the car door and she slid in. He made no attempt to disguise the fact he was looking at her legs and she made no attempt to cover them. CJ was a woman very comfortable in her own skin -- and what skin it was.

She showed off a fair amount of that lovely skin on their next day Friday night. CJ wore a silver-sequined top that only covered part of her, leaving her firm midsection bare. Her legs were in the tightest leather pants imaginable and another pair of heels adorned her feet. She didn't seem too concerned about walking the grounds in them and she happily took in every sight, devoured food that was bad for one's diet, but so much fun to eat and, in general, made a perfect companion. It was nearing midnight and the park was closing as their date drew to a close.

"I'm sorry the night has to end," Hart said to CJ. "Would you like to go for coffee somewhere? I'm sure we can find someplace that's still open."

"Actually, I don't think the night is over," CJ answered. "I don't really need coffee, but I would like to continue the evening back at my place." CJ stood close to him while leaning in to give him a kiss that would curl the toes of any red-blooded male. "I don't want to play any silly, third date rule," she said. "I knew that I wanted to make love to you on our first date, I just wanted to be sure that we were of the same frame of mind. Now that I know we are, what's stopping us?"

"Nothing, I suppose," Hart answered. "Are you sure about this?"

"If that kiss didn't give you my answer, I can always provide you with another," CJ teased him.

"Another kiss like that and I might not be able to drive back to your place," he smiled as he opened the car door for her. His head was still buzzing and he eagerly anticipated their next move. One of the perks of owning a Corvette was the thing traveled like the wind and if he got a speeding ticket, Hart could easily afford to pay it. He probably broke Formula One speed records in the drive back to CJ's home.

Once inside, it was his new girlfriend who seemed to want to race. She dashed to the bedroom and was hopping up and down when he got there, trying to remove the snug leather pants. She flopped back on the bed and managed to get them off while Hart did his only strip. CJ eyed him appreciatively as he made short work of his clothes. Despite their age gap, the two lovers made a handsome couple. CJ took care of her body and so did Hart. There was no flab on his physique and to CJ's naughty mind, his cock looked as if it would to the job required of it.

BrettJ
BrettJ
4,748 Followers
12