Choices and Consequences Ch. 03

Story Info
Enough drama already...
1.3k words
4.53
13.7k
3

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/05/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lili stood nervously as Dave walked slowly into her apartment. The look on his face could only have been described as disgust as he clasped his hands behind his back.

"Sit down if you like," Lili said quickly.

Dave glanced at her small couch and raised his eyebrows. "No...that's alright, actually. I won't be here long."

"Ok...well -"

Dave sighed loudly. "I just came to give you this. Your parents do not exactly wish to see you right now. Or ever," he said, handing her an envelope.

"What the hell is this? And what's that supposed to mean?"

He rolled his eyes. "Well, maybe you should read it."

She glared at him for a few seconds before tearing the envelope open. Scanning it quickly, she discovered what he meant. She found herself staring at her parent's will, which they had obviously revised recently. She had been removed.

"They're...disowning me?" she asked quietly.

"As close as it can come, yes."

"I see you've been added to their will though...." She looked up to see a small, smug smile on his arrogant face.

"Well, yes, on one term only though."

"Oh? And what's that?" Lili felt her face becoming hot with anger and embarrassment.

"That I break up with you. Immediately. You see, if I break up with you now, I get your share of the family profits. Millions, actually. And your parents insisted I deserved someone better than a misbehaving orphan. And I have to agree with them. So..." he smiled cruelly, "I bid you farewell."

Lili felt a range of emotion flow through her. She finally settled on anger when a realization dawned on her.

"This is the only reason you were ever with me, isn't it?! You were just waiting to get your hands on the money and the family business!"

"It's the only reason your parents wanted us together in the first place, you silly child. They planned on willing the business and the money to me the whole time! But now that you've embarrassed them for the last time, we've decided to take you out of the picture completely. Open your eyes, Lilian. They don't love you, and neither do I. And good luck finding someone who does."

Lili just stared at him, tears threatening to spill over.

"Get out of my apartment. Now."

"Gladly. Have a nice life, Lilian, " he replied, giving her a triumphant smile. And he waltzed out of her apartment, and out of her life.

Lili slammed the door after him, simply staring at the wall. She sank to the floor, defeated. What if he was right? What if nobody would ever truly love her? The thoughts broke her, and all she could do was cry.

--------

Aidan heard the door slam, then waited a few moments. There was silence. He slowly opened the bathroom door, peering around the corner. He saw Lili sitting on the floor near the front door and immediately became concerned. He stepped out into the living room, wearing only his jeans.

"Lili?" he asked tentatively. Her head shot up in surprise, and he noticed her tears.

"Oh...Aidan, I'm sorry I forgot you were here and I - " she paused as more tears threatened to spill, and she wiped at her eyes quickly. She stood up without looking him in the eye. "Excuse me for just a minute."

Aidan caught her arm as she tried to hurry by him, and she simply stopped without turning around. "Lili. Look at me, please."

He drew her into a hug as she turned to face him. "What's wrong, beautiful? I don't like seeing you cry, " he said quietly.

"This," she said, pushing away from him and handing him the will. "Read it." He grabbed it from her frowning, and it only deepened as he looked it over.

"They put Dave in the will, and not you?" he asked incredulously.

"Actually, they took me out. They disowned me."

Aidan just stared at her for a moment. "What?!"

"Well, that's not all either," she added.

Aidan felt himself physically shaking with anger as Lili relayed the scene with Dave. He imagined smashing Dave's face to a kitchen counter or some other hard surface.

"So, that's it," Lili finished. "I guess I'm an 'orphan' now. But now that I'm thinking and talking about it, the more I think that this is better for me. I've always had a horrible relationship with my parents. And Dave. Now I know why."

"Lili, Dave only said those things to upset you on purpose. And there's not a doubt in my mind about you finding someone that really loves you." Because I think I already do, he almost added.

"Thank you, Aidan. That means a lot," she smiled. It didn't quite reach her eyes. She hesitated a moment before continuing, "Aidan...as much as I was enjoying what we were doing...I shouldn't have come on to you like that. It's not right and I'm sorry."

Aidan's heart sank a little. "Don't be sorry. You've made me realize a lot of things recently...a lot of changes that I need to make in my life. Starting with my parents. I'm 25 years old! I need to take control of my own life now."

Lili smiled. "I'm glad to hear that," she said as he made a move towards the door. He suddenly stopped as he reached for the knob. He spun around, and Lili unexpectedly found herself face to face with him.

"Aidan, what - "

Putting his hands on either side of her face, he cut her off, "Just one more thing before I go."

Lili's eyes widened in shock, then closed with pleasure as he captured her lips with his, perhaps for the last time. It was soft at first, but she gave a small moan as he dropped his hands to her hips and drew her closer. He took this as a good sign and took the kiss deeper, exploring her mouth with his tongue. He broke the kiss, groaning reluctantly, and kissed her jawline, moving slowly down to her neck.

She stifled a moan when he softly bit her neck, but it did not go unnoticed by Aidan. He sighed softly against her neck.

"Lili..." he squeezed her hips tightly, barely controlling his need. "I can't get enough of you. Everytime I'm around you, I always want more." He looked up and into her eyes. "I...I don't know if I can just be your friend...I'm always going to want more."

She didn't know what to say. "Look Aidan. I want you, but I can't be with you like this. It's not who I am, and I don't think it's who you are either."

He drew away a little at that. "I know. There's still Olivia, and my parents, and my 'resposibilities,' and I don't even know where to start. But I do know that I want you more than anything, that I'm falling for you faster than I thought possible, and that I will eventually have you. I just need to take care of a few things before I can truly deserve you I think."

Lili was speechless. An hour ago, she would've laughed if someone had told her that all of this was going to happen.

Aidan kissed her forehead, then her lips one last time. "Just don't go anywhere. I'm gona need your help to get all of this done."

"I won't," she responded weakly.

He gave her a small smile, then shut the door behind him as he left.

Lili giggled a little to herself in disbelief. She'd had enough drama in one day. It was strange how physically draining it could be sometimes. But all she had to do was avoid her parents, Dave, and especially Olivia. Forever.

Nothing could ever be simple.

And it was seriously time to call Willow and Alex. She needed a fucking drink.

----------------

So here it is! Chapter 3 finally! Sorry if it sucks...I've been so damn busy with school and work...blah blah blah the usual excuse. But I just wanted to get something out to you guys, although I know it's short. Hopefully I can get Chapter 4 up soon, if you want it!

Leave me comments and feedback! Compliments and criticism are both welcome.

Thanks everyone :)

IrishSmile