Choices to Make [Four]

Story Info
So... Who are you really ?
1.4k words
4.5
10.2k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Quick note: This is a very short (and almost certainly very boring) chapter.

There will be a 4.5 uploaded later on, but I wanted to let you guys have a little taste of what's to come --since a few people have been asking repeatedly. haha. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so much!!

This particular chapter is intended to show the progression of their interaction with each other, and the difference between their behaviour... which is based on how and where they've lived.

Please, give me all the feedback you have to give. I love it.

~~~~~~~

Despite himself, Thunder had the strong desire to do one of those idiotic happy dances that he had witnessed humans doing in films before.

His other immediate impulse was to question the actual truth of the matter.

A dragoness was considering mating with him, just to help ease his Prime... without the other messy crap that came along with being mated to someone.

In truth, it blew his mind. He had always hoped that a female existed of his own kind that would be abiding to his plan... but that hope had always been very faint, in comparison to his doubtful nature.

He knew that Lark was an extraordinary type of female; he didn't however, know what the reasoning was for her consideration.

There was no doubt in his mind that his plan was really his only option, but that didn't negate the fact that he also knew that it was an incredibly stupid plan... and one that he had never really expected to see through.

No matter how many times that he may have prayed to the Ancient Ones that it would work out.

"We had dessert already, but would you be interested in dinner?"

He glanced up at the building that they stood in front of and considered the fact that they had not spoken for many blocks, while he had been lost in his own thoughts.

"I will eat at any given opportunity." he assured her and listened to the beautiful lilting tone of her laughter.

She grabbed his arm, as she had done several times today and pulled him towards the restaurant, saying: "Suppose I should admit that I'm just the same, though I've been told that my appetite is not a 'lady like' quality to have."

He grunted faintly, moving closer to her side as they entered the building and stood in the foyer to wait. "Humans have very strange desires, in regards to the qualities that they seek in their partners." he began, peering with annoyance around at several males who were blatantly staring at Lark.

"I prefer a female who understands the necessity of eating, and does not spend an unnatural amount of time fretting over their body." he finished, his eyes flickering down to the female at his side.

Lark was built with the incredible curves that his kind prized, and he knew that males of many other species desired those curves as well.

"We're just a lucky type of creature, to be able to eat what we want. I know that many other species are not as fortunate." Lark lamented.

He cocked his head at her words, and smirked faintly to himself.

Another quality that was exceedingly rare among all of the dragoness' that he had ever met. Legitimate concern for other creatures.

Due to their culture and the rarity of their birth, females of the dragon species were generally treated like gold dusted diamonds, by their families and their clans... and basically anyone who wanted the species to survive.

This treatment had lead to --in his experience, a mass amount of higher-than-mighty females, among a species that already had a tendency towards superiority complexes.

"Two?" a male voice asked and Thunder glanced at the small demon, who was staring at Lark as though she was naked.

He started to growl and was cut off by Lark's voice.

"Yes, towards the back please." she requested kindly, her fingers snaking down his arm until she could link her fingers with his.

Thunder tensed at this gesture, which he understood as a sign of intimacy among humans, and some demons.

He raised a brow at her back as she tugged him along with her in order to follow the waiter.

"Anything to... drink?" the man began as soon as they arrived at the table, his eyes wandering down to their conjoined hands. He finished his question, with a much tighter expression on his face.

Lark smiled beautifully at him and Thunder stared at her, listening to her request some odd type of drink from the man who immediately disappeared.

She started to sit down and he caught her around the waist, tugging her back into his body lightly. "Don't smile at him." he growled heavily, nuzzling his jaw against hers, and enjoying the little shiver that went through her body as he said

"No one should get to see your smile."

"I like to smile." she assured as she pulled away slowly and he growled faintly.

"Your ability to stun males into infatuation is strong enough, without you smiling." he grumbled, his eyes flickering around to all of the tables nearby who were fixated on Lark.

She laughed again and his eyes riveted to her once more, and he silently pondered about the strange thrill that her laughter gave him.

"I would never have expected to hear such cheesy lines from a man like you." she mused, her smile making her surreal eyes even brighter than they already were.

"I really think you should cut back on the Rom-Coms." she teased and he cocked his head.

"What is that?" he pondered and listened to her laugh once more before the waiter appeared again with two large cups.

"Romantic comedies." she explained after she had thanked the waiter for the drinks and he had disappeared again.

"Films?" he guessed and she nodded, smiling softly back at him.

He watched her for a moment as she lifted the cup and took a drink, her tongue darting out to lick the foam off of her lips before she sat it back on the table.

"Try it.... They have fantastic coffee here." she assured with an encouraging flick of her fingers.

He did as she bade and took a gulp of the drink, surprised to find that it was actually good.

"I don't drink coffee ordinarily. It's good though." he agreed with her and she smiled brightly.

"Good. I'm glad you like it.... Now, what should we have to eat?" she wondered and he picked up one of the menus on the table to look at the contents, which turned out to be very much like gibberish to him.

"What kind of food is this?" his tone was confused more than curious and she laughed softly.

"Czech food.... They have a lot of meat dishes, so just go for that." she explained and he peered at the menu again, managing to find something that had pork in the description and deciding to go with that.

"I take it that you don't go out to eat a lot?" she pondered and he simply nodded, knowing that his understanding of the ways of the world was greatly out of date and that it was probably painfully obvious that he was uncomfortable and confused.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought you here. Czech food is really an acquired taste, and I'm sure that you don't like public places very much." she sighed softly, setting her menu down. "We can leave, if you would like?" she assured, smiling amiably.

"It's okay." he reassured her.

"I am not picky about food."

She laughed softly. "Still, if you're uncomfortable it's not going to be a nice meal for you. We really can just go, it's no problem."

He didn't respond, simply flagged down the waiter and gave the man his order.

She gave him a soft little smile, clearly pleased that he had chosen to stay. Despite what she'd said before.

She gave the man her order as well, and laughed softly when he left. "You don't like to repeat yourself, do you?" she wondered.

He shook his head slightly. "There is no reason to do so. If I've given you the answer, I can assure you that continuing to ask the question will not change how it is that I answer you."

Humming curiously, she nodded. "I suppose I'm too use to other creatures. Here in the city, it's common to find a different answer to the same question... no matter how many times you ask." she explained.

He raised a brow, shaking his head. "The backhanded way that people behave anymore... it's very confounding to me."

--To be Continued... soon.