Choosy Lovers

Story Info
Kate Mara and Ellen Page get intimate after a film festival.
8.4k words
13.2k
53
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This story is completely fictional and did not happen. All characters and names are fictional and were made up.

******************

Los Angeles, California

Cameras flashed, capturing everything in front view among various pixels in a still second. The lights were blinding as they created flashes through the darkness. Today was the third day in an event for a film festival. Various reporters and journalists had gathered earlier during the week to discuss the various films presented and do interviews with directors and actors. The event began during Thursday morning and would proceed to run through until Saturday evening. For critics and reporters, such an event was a good place to get an early screening of such films and write reviews before the release dates had come through. The event itself would last for three whole days. The first day was for press, the second day featured screenings for several films and the final day was when the stars moved down the carpet.

Independent films had become their own niche genre for quite some time now. While some big names in Hollywood had gained a start from appearing in such films, there was also the flip side of actors who preferred to do the style of films off to the side. Ellen Page was an actress with a reputation for the genre, even though she didn't get her start from it. She had accumulated a fan following over the years, going back to her critically praised performance in the film Juno. The film was a breakthrough for her over a decade ago by now and sealed her spot genre of strong performances in indie films. Today was her day for a media press conference to talk about her latest film: My Days of Mercy.

Kate Mara starred alongside Ellen in the specific movie. While she had been a struggling actress at times with her only claim of fame being a few small parts in big budget films, that began to change in recent years after her performance on the show House of Cards. She had been good friends with Ellen Page for several years now, as their friendship had been documented briefly in various gossip and tabloid websites. They were photographed shopping on multiple occasions together a few years ago. When offered the opportunity to make a film with her dear friend, Kate jumped at the chance. She and Ellen both signed as producers to help fund the movie and work with a new up and coming director.

The screen play had been the main reason Ellen wanted to get involved in the film, as she had a desire for playing more lesbian roles in movies. The film plot revolved around two women caught on opposing sides with a death row inmate's scheduled execution. Ellen played Lucy, who falls in love with Kate's character of Mercy who is on the other side of her political cause. Due to the film being independent, much of the details remained sparse to the media. With a production company set to pick up the film, they spent a few months during the year traveling in a few cities across the U.S. where the film was shot.

As the event days proceeded, Kate Mara was joined by her newly wed husband Jamie Bell. The two stood holding hands as photographs were snapped outside the theater on the first day. Inside the theater, the initial screening of Mercy played to a number of critics during the second afternoon. Jamie had come to see the media with his wife, but that was only on the first two days. By the third day, Jamie seemed to have disappeared as Ellen noticed when she spent the day with Kate. They had to prepare for the red carpet event, making the time when they would finally be dressing up in their special outfits for the multiple photographs. This was the moment any actress had to prepare for, to look good on any film festival's red carpet in front of the fans and media.

Kate stepped out first, greeted by the sounds of several screaming fans. She walked down the red carpet dressed in a dark red double breasted suit and matching red pants. Her hair was fixed in a ponytail, dazzling in it's natural dark red color after getting rid of the faded blonde look she had in the film. Only the ends of Kate's hair still had a bit of the blonde streaks remaining. Over her lips was a hue of crimson red lipstick matching the color of her fingernails while her heels where the only non-red color, standing out in silver and white. Kate stood and softly smiled as she tucked her hands near the pockets of her pants. The large engagement ring over her finger sparked as dozens of photos were snapped in a few seconds. The suit stood out, as other actresses paced down the red carpet in dresses. Kate owed the idea to her friend Ellen, who also was stepping out wearing a suit that matched in the same dark color.

A tie dangled across Ellen's suit as she stepped out over the blinding flashes of lights. This wasn't the first time she had worn a suit on the red carpet. She was out and proud with her sexuality, never once ashamed over enjoying men's fashion styles. A number of five buttons ran up the long sleeve of her suit. Under her jacket was a matching black shirt, going for the all black look with the same colored pants and a pair of black boots. Ellen's brunette hair was neatly split down the middle and she wore a small bit of eyeliner around her eyes. As she glanced around, more actors walked past her while the various sounds of voices from the crowd could be heard. Ellen soon spotted her friend Kate, off to the distance signing autographs for fans that were in the front row guarded by a fence.

She waited until Kate was stepping back to the red carpet and then their eyes met. Ellen smiled at her, flashing her teeth as she approached her friend to embrace in a hug. They both smiled as Ellen wrapped her left arm around Kate as the other woman turned to wrap her own arms around her friend. They hugged as Ellen's left hand clutched over Kate's shoulder, turning to look into the cameras to offer photographers and the media a chance to see the two 'Mercy' stars together. When Kate leaned her face down to touch Ellen's cheek, the brown haired Canadian actress couldn't help but close her eyes and laugh. Such thoughts ran through her mind, as they almost appeared like a couple together. Ellen leaned forward to whisper in Kate's ear.

"They probably think we look like a married couple right now."

Kate leaned forward and looked back into Ellen's face, only to bust out giggling. It was difficult for Ellen to hear her strong New York voice, as the sound of the cameras and crowd close by were a loud ambiance. Ellen grabbed a hold of her hand, walking to the red carpet as if they truly were a power couple of married stars. When they reached the red carpet, they looked into each other's eyes for a moment while Ellen patted her friend on the back. They stepped back over the red carpet where they were joined by another actress and the barrage of media photographers continued to snap photos. The two actresses of 'Mercy' were soon joined by their director for a few photos as the trio of them stood together. As the photos snapped, Ellen flashed her teeth in all smiles. Kate on the other hand, rarely would show her pearly white teeth when smiling for photos. People had to make her laugh to see such beauty unfold.

******************

1 HOUR LATER

The rush of the festival was coming to an end as many stars were gathered at the after party. Kate Mara found herself leaving early, just to beat the mad house of press and take the early exit back to her hotel. She had a room booked on one of the upper floors, nice and safely away from any paparazzi who may be lurking in the near distance. As she had slipped away and made the return back to the hotel, she noticed someone who appeared to be waiting for her towards the elevator. A woman stood with her arms crossed, trying to hold back a smile. It was none other than her friend and co-star, Ellen Page herself. Both women were still wearing their suits from the event.

"Looking sharp, you look like you're about to go out for a date."

Kate giggled at Ellen's words.

"I could say the same for you."

"Nah, I'd rather ask you out instead."

Ellen smirked, studying Kate's expression as the red headed woman laughed. Her teeth flashed as she shook her head. There was an undeniable attraction between them, such a desire that had already moved it's boundaries in the past few months. Such moments were proven with Kate's reply back.

"Is that what you're about to ask me, Ellen?"

"Well, I don't know if I can yet..."

Looking down, she tried to play the innocent look before her eyes gazed back up at Kate. Ellen bit her lower lip, knowing she had a chance with one of her closest friends.

"Where's your husband at? I haven't seen him all day."

Kate looked back at the elevator, almost as if she found it difficult to make the decision to ride up. When she glanced back towards Ellen, she smiled while answering her friend.

"He had to leave for New York. You know how Jamie is about things. Since this was my film with you, he didn't want to steal any of the spotlight on the carpet."

Ellen raised her eyebrow, still smiling. She had a feeling Kate knew what she was about to ask her. Even though they had been good friends, it never stopped Ellen from flirting with her friend.

"That's nice of him. So, how about that date tonight? We are all dressed up, might as well enjoy ourselves."

They did just make a film together where they played lovers, Kate thought to herself. Even though she was a married woman at this point, the temptation was there at times with Ellen. Kate had experienced such desires when they were on the set together, let alone the racy scenes that unfolded between them both. When she didn't respond after a minute, Ellen pushed her luck a second time.

"So is that a yes or no?"

Kate laughed before nodding her head.

"Sure, why the hell not? We are dressed like it's date night after all."

Ellen jumped in excitement, reaching out to grab Kate's hand.

"Well, come on! I know just the place we can go and have a good time!"

As she held Kate's hand, she pulled it and walked forward. They began to exit the hotel lobby together, hand in hand. When they reached the front glass doors, Kate shouted to her friend playfully.

"Wait, where exactly are we going?"

Ellen stopped and turned to smile at her.

"I found this dance club a few days ago, it looked like a lot of fun. It's about an hour from here, we can go and shake our asses off."

"Oh, I like the sound of that!"

When they stepped out of the hotel lobby, the cool breeze of the night hit them. Kate looked around, noticing the black Bentley car was nearby. She had been dropped at the hotel by a chauffeur who was hired by the director to handle transportation to and from the event. For the last three days, Kate had been in the back seat of that luxury car with the same driver. As she walked down the sidewalk, she let go of Ellen's hand to point over at the car.

"Hey, how about we take a ride in the Bentley?"

Ellen stopped for a moment. She suddenly realized that despite the film festival events, she had only been in the back of a car with Kate only once. It happened on Thursday when they arrived and did interviews together. She gazed back to Kate's big brown eyes before nodding her head.

"Yeah, let's do it. I'll ask him for the ride. That guy is probably bored anyway waiting on some reason to hit the road again."

Kate laughed at her friend as they stepped off the sidewalk and made their way towards the Bentley. When the driver noticed them from the right side of the vehicle, he rolled down the right side window and then Ellen stepped forward and spoke her request.

"Hey, would you mind driving me and my friend out to a club? We'll make it worth your while."

******************

1 HOUR LATER

Purple neon lights ran in a stream just below a row of a bright pink matching underneath. Beyond the colored lights, a sign flashed the word 'Adventure Club' in a cursive font. The club itself was located south of where the hotel was, making what would be an easy trip to and back. Ellen had estimated it was an hour away, but when she told the chauffeur the club's name, he surprised her by showing the short driving distance to the club. Outside, a line was not visible to the entrance. This was a great sign to know that they could go in, enjoy themselves and leave without having to move through a crowd of people outside the building.

Kate and Ellen both offered to autograph anything for the driver, but he refused. They wanted him to stay and be ready to take them back to the hotel, as both women knew they would be unable to drive themselves back after having a few drinks. Ellen was unsure of what Kate wanted to do, but she had her own plans once they were inside. The chauffeur was a kind old man who went by the name of Fred. He offered to keep the Bentley outside and wait for them and then he showed them a magazine he saved from the film festival to occupy himself while he waited for them to return. The Bentley was parked nearby, sitting next to a similar silver car that was on the right side. Ellen took a hold of Kate's hand as they began to walk out of the parking lot. Kate's eyes observed the size of the building as they walked.

"Wow, this place looks big. Have you been inside before?"

Ellen held Kate's hand up as she had locked her fingers together with the other woman. She offered a smile while a truck was puling out from the parking lot behind them.

"No, I just seen the place and thought it must be a fun nightclub. I wanted to take you with me, this is our date."

Such words were very telling to Kate as they began to walk to the entrance. Over the course of their friendship, Ellen enjoyed flirting with her dear friend. It didn't stop her at all once Kate began to date her future husband, Jamie Bell. So far, he didn't seem to know as Kate didn't display her sexual tendencies in front of him. For a few years, Ellen didn't think she could truly provoke a temptation out of her friend until she was proven wrong on the set of their recent movie. When the set heated up, anything was able to happen between the two. Ellen didn't care whatsoever about Kate's marriage to a man. Beyond vows, she knew that a whole new desire could awaken when the flames were rising high enough.

Inside the club, both ladies welcomed the sudden rush of loud dance music pounding in their ear drums. An atmosphere of a party house awaited them. The inside walls were dark as an array of neon lights flashed and blinked from the far distance. They stepped through, observing the large space. There was a staircase leading to an upper floor that appeared to be packed full of people. Kate continued holding Ellen's hand, pushing their fingers together as if they were laced like shoe strings. They walked around the club, noticing a bar close by to the entrance and then a few private tables off to the right side. In the middle of the room was a large dance floor shaped in a squad. The floor was white, illuminating by the shadows of people's feet dancing to the beat. Beyond the dance floor was a DJ table set that appeared to be occupied with a busy musician putting on music.

"Wow, this place is louder than I expected."

Kate laughed at Ellen's comment as she let go of her hand.

"It's a night club, silly! What were you expecting?"

She turned and then laughed at her as they smiled back to one another. A man came stepping by, looking them over as he wandered to the distance. Neither of them paid his eyes any attention, as they focused solely on themselves. Ellen stepped her way towards the bar, moving between a few people as Kate followed behind her. Before they had come to the stools, Ellen turned and smiled to Kate as she looked into her eyes and spoke back softly.

"Mind if I order you a drink?"

"I would love that with you."

For Kate to witness Ellen's face light up in excitement was just enough to make her happy. She knew that her friend was attracted to her and she found it to be quite sexy. Ellen almost wanted to kiss her lips right then and there, but stopped herself from doing so. They turned, facing the bar before finding their seats side by side over the stools. Luckily for Ellen, she had kept some spare money in the pockets of her suit ready to use just in case she did go out dressed sharp like this. The bartender was stepping their way as Ellen looked back at Kate for a question.

"What can I order you? This drink is on me, for us."

"How about a glass of red wine?"

Ellen slowly nodded her head back at Kate while smirking. Her color of choice reminded her of Kate's red suit outfit. From within the club, her suit appeared to have a blue hue over it, only a reflection from the inner lighting inside the club. Kate sat there and watched as the woman of her date ordered them a glass of wine to share together. It took a minute for the bartender to fix their request. He placed down two martini glasses, filled to the rim with dark red wine.

"Thanks."

Kate smiled to the bartender, but he looked away and went back to working his job. Ellen had already picked up her glass, holding it towards her lips as she awaited Kate to repeat the same action. Once Kate placed her glass towards her lips, their eyes met and Ellen was ready to speak a few special words for this date's event.

"I would like to make this a toast and dedicate it to you. To us, to Mercy..."

Suddenly, it dawned over Kate's memory with their film. If Ellen was going to address her by her character's name in their movie, it was only fair if she did the same.

"To us, to Lucy..."

Their glasses touched, creating a soft sound that was hardly heard over the loud music from the distance. Ellen glanced back into Kate's eyes as they both began to drink the wine together in a chorus. Their glasses were drained within a matter of seconds, both women swallowing down the delicious wine. Kate had gathered her thoughts rather quickly, as the music had influenced her desire to truly break out and have some fun with her friend. No longer did she really care about the wedding ring over her finger. Whatever was going to happen, it was best to allow it to happen. Kate had already experienced such feelings come to life when they were shooting the movie together and sharing similar feelings through improvisation when acting.

"Do you mind if we dance together, Ellen?"

With a smile, Ellen nodded her head.

"You know I would love that. You've already shown me that you're a pretty good dancer."

"Well then, let's do it."

Offering her hand, Kate gently squeezed her fingers down over her friend's hand as they got up from the bar stools and began to walk back towards the dance floor. The lights faded in a purple hue before casting off a shade of blue as they blinked. Kate and Ellen walked hand in hand, stepping their shoes over the white dance floor. Neither of them had a care in the world for any of the strangers around them. The beats that poured out from the DJ's work station were simple with a bit of synth keyboards overlapping a solid rhythm of slow drums and bass. Kate found it easier to dance to something slow paced, as she had a number of tricks she could pull with dancing moves.

Ellen gazed into her friend's eyes, offering another smile as she pulled her hand and dance close in the beginning. She and Kate had shared quite a steamy affair back on the set of their film. When it came to actually filming the sex scenes, they had experience together that had come to life in the heat of the moment. Nothing bothered her whatsoever that her friend was a married woman at this point. At least from Ellen's point of view, she didn't see where she was causing a rift in their marriage, since she wasn't a man stealing her from Jamie. The memories of their steamy moments on and off the set of their film were flashing through her mind.