Chosen Bonds Ch. 01

Story Info
A young woman is introduced to a new world.
2.5k words
3.14
16.2k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Soka
Soka
3 Followers

Chapter One: Stuck

Summer was considered, by many college students, to be a time for drinking, partying, and having a care-free attitude. It was summer, after all. There were no classes to attend, no homework to scribble down five minutes before class, and no exams. Summer was party season, and the little house on the corner of Greenway and Norton Rd was no exception.

The air pulsed with a deafening beat. Music had been blaring from the little blue house on the corner since six o'clock and the party-goers had no intention of turning it down. Inside, bodies formed what would appear to scientists as a giant, gyrating amoeba. The air was hot and how these young adults could stand to be so close to each other on such a hot night was anyone's guess. The skin of everyone there was glistening with sweat and spilled beer. Beer bottles clinked and the frothy goodness was going everywhere. The couches and chairs were occupied by intoxicated partygoers, some chatting away, some passed out. The kitchen had been set up as a makeshift bar. Bottles of various alcohols covered the countertops and the fridge was filled with bottles and cans of beer. Entry into the party required only that you bring alcohol to share, be it a six pack or a bottle of liquor.

A rather rowdy man tipped his beer bottle and poured the contents all over the white blouse of his dance partner. The amber liquid splashed over her round breasts and she howled with drunken laughter. The male laughed heartily along with her, bending to lick the beer off the tops of her breasts. He searched for a place to dispose of his now empty bottle. In a drunken haze, he felt an open window was as good as any garbage can and with a quick toss, threw the brown bottle out the window, into the summer night.

The beer bottle landed with a crash next to a limp form on an aging porch swing. The sound jolted the young woman to consciousness. She sat upright in the swing, causing the swing to sway underneath her. It creaked and groaned until it came to rest. Holding onto the chains attaching the swing to the porch, she tried to steady herself. Her eyelids were half-closed in a drunken fog. Another loud bang came from nearby, this time, from the front door as it was kicked open by a trio of inebriated males. They all had their arms about the other's shoulders, laughing and carrying on as they tried desperately to figure out why all three of them could not fit through the front door together. Finally squeezing through, they stood on the porch, taking the last few swigs of their beer. One man, a bit heavyset, looked over at the petite woman sitting slumped in the porch swing.

"Hey there! What are you doin' out here all alone?" His slurred speech was accompanied by the strong smell of alcohol and cigarettes. As if to prove his status as a smoker, he pulled a pack from his pocket and with some difficulty, pulled out a cigarette and lit it. The woman looked up to give him a better look. He wore a leather jacket and tattered jeans. They were ripped at both knees. He was a bit pudgy with a round face and his unruly blonde hair hung around his face. Pulling the cigarette from his lips, he let out a plume of gray smoke. She watched it curl upward in slow motion. It took her a moment to realize he had asked her a question. Shaking her head in an attempt to clear away the fuzz of alcohol, she responded.

"I'm waiting for my ride." She wasn't sure how long she had been out here. In all honesty, she didn't even remember walking outside. Last she knew, she had been throwing back a shot of tequila. "What time is it?" She looked down at her watch, but the hands blurred into the face of the clock.

"Honey, its two in the mornin'." The man in leather sauntered over to her and slid in next to her on the swing. He offered her the cigarette in his hand but she politely refused and began digging in the pocket of her jeans for her cell phone. The pocket was empty. Fear gripped her and gave her a moment of clarity.

"Oh no! I've missed my ride. I told them I'd be out here by midnight." She began to panic, searching her other pockets and the swing for her cell phone. The man laughed and patted her shoulder.

"Was it a blue car, because some girl came looking for her friend?" The second man stepped over to join them. He was the complete opposite of his friend, lean muscle and dark hair. The third man who had come out with them went down the steps to the front lawn. He stumbled over to a large bush and unzipped himself. The young woman looked away, feeling a blush rise to her cheeks. She was relieved the porch was dimly lit or else the flush in her face would have been evident. Turning her attention back to the two men next to her, she nodded.

"Yes, she was driving her blue Neon. Did anyone tell her where I was?" The blonde shrugged in response. The other man sat down next to her in the swing. He wore a red t-shirt and dark jeans. He too, smelled of beer. Unlike the blonde, he was slightly less intoxicated. His words did not slur together and he seemed rather coherent.

"Joey talked to her, I think. He said anyone who needed to, could crash here. Finding you in that mob would have been impossible. She probably left you to spend the night here." The blonde nodded in agreement. The woman slumped even further in the swing. Between the two large men, she seemed dwarfed and almost child-like. The blonde threw a thick arm around her. Heat radiated off of him.

"When the party dies down, I might find a spot to sleep then. I'd rather go home, though." She felt the man with dark hair move closer. His eyes skimmed over her as if assessing her. He must have liked what he saw because a grin spread across his handsome face.

"What is your name, sweetheart? My name is Mack." The blonde gave her a warm smile. The young woman gave him a shy smile in return. He seemed friendly enough.

"River. My name is River." Mack gave her a puzzled look.

"River? That is a weird name." He shrugged and pulled her closer. The stench of alcohol and tobacco was strong on his breath and she pulled her head away from his face. "You can bunk down with Vinny and I tonight. We'll make sure none o' them drunk punks bother you." He took another drag off his cigarette before putting it out on the swing and flicking it into the yard. River felt uneasy about the offer.

"I think I'll find my friend Lacey and try and get a ride home with her." River thought a moment, then cursed loudly. Both men jumped at her sudden, loud use of profanity. They had not expected such an outburst from someone so small.

"I don't have my house key either. Wherever I put my cell phone, my key must be there too." River jumped off the swing, landing uneasily on her feet. She swayed for a moment before continuing forward, making sure not to step on the broken glass underfoot. Mack and Vinny rose from the swing and followed her.

"We can help you find it. That key couldn't have gotten too far." Vinny looked through the front window. The party was still going strong. River headed inside, skirting around the mass of people in the living room. The air inside the house felt thick and hot. She could smell booze, cigarettes, and the distinct smell of pot.

Perhaps she left her keys with Joey. She vaguely remembered him asking to hold her keys for her since she was drinking. But she would not have given him her cell phone. It must have slipped out of her pocket while dancing. She would have to look for her phone another time. Vinny and Mack were hot on her heels, searching high and low for her things.

"Do you guys know where Joey was keeping everyone's keys?" River turned to the men behind her. They thought for a moment and Mack held a finger up as if he had just remembered.

"In his office. Joey was putting everyone's keys in there. You're not going to drive home are you?" Mack gave her a look of concern. River shook her head. "Okay, good. Well, let's go check in there." Mack stepped forward and led them to a shut door on the opposite side of the dancing mass. With a twist of the knob, the door swung open to reveal a small room, complete with desk, computer, and book case. It was as simple as an office could get. The three stepped in and Mack went straight to the desk. A drawer was opened slightly and as Mack pulled it, it gave a jingle as dozens of sets of keys moved within it. With a sigh of relief, River went swiftly over to the desk to search for her house key. It had to be in there somewhere. As she crossed the room, Vinny stepped to the side and silently shut the door behind him. He stood silently as River began digging through the drawer.

Vinny looked over to Mack and raised an eyebrow. Mack looked down at River who was thankfully preoccupied. He looked her up and down. Out on the porch it had been difficult to see her features. Now, in the light of the office, he could see her clearly. She was of average height, coming up to his chest. Her brown hair fell in waves over her lightly sunburned shoulders. She wasn't gorgeous, but with tight fitting jeans and top, ample breasts, and the little make up she wore, she was attractive. Mack's face gave nothing away as he crossed the room to Vinny.

"Honey, will you excuse us for a bit. We want to get some more beer." Mack opened the door and the thudding bass was almost deafening. River only nodded. In her drunken haze, searching for her keys was proving to be more difficult than she'd thought. They had to be here somewhere, but there were just so many. Car keys, house keys, they all looked the same. Mack and Vinny slipped through the office door, shutting it behind them with a soft click.

The two men made their way back to the porch. When they arrived, they noted the porch swing was now occupied by a couple, desperately trying to devour one another. Mack steered them both toward the opposite end of the porch and leaned against the rail. It gave a groan as if protesting Mack's weight.

"What do you think, Vinny?" He took out his pack of cigarettes, only to find it empty. He mentally kicked himself. Now he would have to wait or try to bum a cigarette from one of the partygoers. Vinny was deep in thought for a moment while he considered the question. This wasn't something the two men did often, but River seemed a good candidate. She was small, attractive and, at the moment, vulnerable. Alcohol tended to do that. It lowered your defenses, made you susceptible to suggestion. If they got her to drink just a bit more, she might even come willingly.

"Let's get a few more drinks in her first. See how agreeable she is." Vinny finally spoke. He looked up at Mack who snorted a laugh in response.

"Agreeable? You know they don't have to be agreeable, Vinny." He laughed again, throwing an arm around his smaller comrade. Vinny frowned. He agreed that technically the woman they chose did not have to agree to anything. Vinny and Mack and dealt with women like that before. It wasn't easy, but it was doable.

"It would be easier. You remember Chelsea. That was a disaster." Vinny's frown deepened and Mack gave his pal a flashy grin.

"Don't worry. I doubt that little girl in there would put up much of a fight." Mack tried to reassure him. Chelsea had indeed been a disaster. She had fought, and almost won.

"We do this my way. We did it your way with Chelsea and look where it got us. If River is not willing, then we do it your way, but only as a last resort." Vinny's face was one of determination. He wouldn't let Mack screw this one up. Mack opened his mouth as if he intended to protest but decided against it.

"Fine, get the little darling another shot." Mack almost growled it out. Mack was definitely the brawn of their little operation. He preferred to do things his way, but Vinny tended to be right about most things. He had been right about the last girl and it almost exposed them. He relented, this time. Both men headed back toward the office, stopping in the kitchen for a beer. Vinny also grabbed a shot glass and filled it with vodka. He didn't know what River had been drinking before but as she was already fairly drunk, she probably wouldn't care what she drank next.

The two headed toward the office door. It was still shut and they hoped River was still inside. Mack opened the door and they hurried inside. River was sitting in the office chair, her face one of deep concentration. Her brow was furrowed and her tongue stuck out just a bit. She was busy pulling every key and keychain out of the drawer, searching for hers. The click of the door startled her and she jumped in the chair.

"Just us. We brought you a little something." Vinny kept his voice smooth. He needed River to trust them. He crossed the carpeted floor and held the shot glass out to her. River looked frustrated. She looked up at Vinny and took the offered alcohol.

"I can't find my keys. These all look the same." River set the shot glass on the desk next to a pile of jumbled keys. She felt so angry at allowing herself to get into this situation. She had only planned to have one drink and drive home. After a couple of shots, she called her roommate to ask for a ride. Now she had failed to get home like she planned and was stuck here.

"It's okay. Joey already said people can crash here. You can hang with us." Vinny watched her face, waiting for her to refuse. She let out a long sigh and picked up the shot glass. She eyed the clear liquid for a moment, swirling it around. It smelled like citrus. Tipping it back, she swallowed the shot down. It burned. She rose from the chair with a small smile.

"Then it's settled. Mack, let's get our lady friend another shot." Vinny's lips widened in a wicked smile. His plan was in motion.

Soka
Soka
3 Followers