Chronicle - Mel and Chris Ch. 04

Story Info
An impossible device offers an improbable truth.
27.5k words
4.69
3.1k
1
0

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/06/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Copyright PennameWombat June 2020

The author asserts the moral right to be identified as the author of this work.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This is part 4 of "Chronicle: Mel and Chris," which began in "Chronicle: Mel & Chris" and continued in part 2 of the same title. This series is a sequel to the "Mel's Phone Call" trilogy and works as part 7 of that series.

If you haven't read them I hope you'll be interested in Chris and Mel's 'origin story' in the trilogy that begin in "Mel's Phone Call" and continued in "Mel's Phone Call, Part 2" and "Mel's Phone Call, Part 3," all in 'Exhibitionist & Voyeur Stories.' Our core cast of characters were introduced there.

New characters have arrived here and you might also find my 'Geek Pride' series of interest (initial entry, 'You Promised Me Geeks' in Non-Human) as their characters are likely to drop by here now and again (and vice-versa) as well as 'Chasing Robes & Shadows' in Exhibitionist & Voyeur.

Tags: Anal Sex, College, Cum Swallowing, Cunnilingus, Fellatio, FFM, First Time, Exhibitionism, Older woman, Vibrator,

*****

Beware of Gifts from Geeks

[January 25, 1986]

Sam

"You look like shit," Sam heard from the smiling, horned, demonic presence that poured itself a mug of coffee, black hair messily askew but coal-black eyes glittery and excited. It wore a too small, worn, no longer fuzzy white bathrobe that left the entirety of its long, lovely legs exposed to the ankle socks. The robe was sort of tied but rather than hide the round and firm breasts it simply framed them. Sam knew the demon could control its image. Its wings being invisible was common but for now the tail was also hidden.

"Bleah...," Sam managed and stretched her neck as she moved her head in a 360 degree roll as she closed then opened her eyes. The demon chuckled and prepped a second mug.

"Never drink with that fucking barbarian and his giant amazon bitch," she continued but her usually clean, high voice was hoarse and trailed into a squeaky complaint, "she must have two livers or something. By the end it was tequila shots and they didn't even touch her!"

Sam accepted the steaming mug, just a dash of milk as she liked it, closed her eyes again as the hot liquid hit her tongue before she felt the warmth spread. She wore a thin tee that ended just below her crotch and over that an untied knee-length robe and her second-favorite pair of fuzzy slippers. Despite the Saturday morning January chill the house was well insulated and Sam was a tad jealous that even though this house was much larger than her little apartment from what Teresa had said her share of the heating bill was barely two-thirds what Sam paid on her own each month.

The demon laughed as Sam opened her eyes and exhaled slowly to remove one of the multiple layers of rough wool around her brain. As usual this emissary of the hadean planes was way too cheerful for whatever time it was, but especially THIS morning. She watched the infernal beast disguised as an athletically beautiful girl prep another mug.

"Oh, yeah," Sam grunted, "happy birthday Mel! Oh god, another night with alcohol!"

"We'll stick with sodas and juice," said the succubus with a grin, "come see my birthday present!"

Mel picked up the extra mug and turned to lead Sam out of the kitchen and up the stairs. The redhead lagged and topped off her mug then followed slowly, in part because bells rang in her brain with each step but being a few steps below the demon meant the bottom half of her excellent ass was visible as was a hint of closely-trimmed black with each rising step.

That sight and the coffee did wonders for her mood, then Mel altered her stride slightly to bend forward, apparently aware of the attention. Of course she was. Then she stopped with both feet just beyond shoulder width on the last stair before the landing and leaned forward at an acute angle.

"C'mon, Sam," the demon's suddenly raspy husk sliced through Sam's hangover like a knife, "give it a kiss, you're enjoying it so much."

Sam stopped with her face level with Mel's ass, saw her pink lips, the hair dried but clearly matted from activities the redhead tried not to think too deeply about because thinking hurt too much. Sam nudged the robe a bit higher with her free hand then kissed first the right then the left ass cheek, slid her hand between the legs to find with two fingers the clit that never seemed to sleep. Then she withdrew her hand as she trailed the fingers along the puffy lips. A not unpleasant aroma of plenty of sex and lust just about crowded the coffee's out of her nose.

"You've been fucking boys again," Sam said, "jeez girl..."

"A boy, give it a try sometime," she heard Mel snort, then a light laugh and the demon stepped quickly onto the landing and turned into Chris's room. Sam blinked, smiled, after a second's hesitation stepped up and followed Mel into the room.

"Ah, about time," she heard Chris say just as she saw Mel set his mug of coffee on his desk, which for some reason had two computers on it instead of the usual one. He grabbed it and 'aahhed' after a long sip.

"Well, I had to reboot this one's brain," Mel said as she nudged Chris, he turned.

"Oh, hey, hi Sam, you look like total shit...," he said, Mel's happy laugh joined with Sam's raspberry with extra tongue for his response, "I guess I should've warned you."

"Huh?" Sam's eyes scrunched as she stepped to the desk, stood to his left in front of the terminal he'd had since summer as he sat in front of some new machine, Mel at his right shoulder with an equally puzzled expression. Chris had old soccer shorts on, unfortunately not that pair, Sam thought with a touch of disappointment, and a tee.

"Yeah," Chris said with a shy smile, "Bobby's told me Anna has some sort of supernatural tolerance for the booze, said she drank him and his buddy Howard under the table over Christmas. Howard's the guy that brought us the Halloween beers and Bobby says he has only a bit of blood in his alcohol circulatory system. But she even did him in."

"Now you fucking tell us," Sam growled as Mel had to quickly recover as her laughter fit caused her to almost lose her coffee, "Teresa's liver left a farewell cruel world note on her desk..."

"Chris will make it up to you with nice hot baths and full body massages for you and Teresa," Mel said, lightly punched him in the shoulder, "right? For failing to warn any of us about the alien and her magical resistance to strong drink?"

Sam's mouth opened but she caught herself, took the statement in. She decided she'd leave it, didn't have the strength for THAT discussion right now. Change the subject.

"Yes to the massages. Now, what's that machine, you guys?"

"That's my birthday present," Mel's face brightened, her hair bounced around the horns, "Chris had phone sex with my mom he won't admit how many times to arrange it. Well, that and one of his relatives is screwing a married guy. Not the guy she's married to so Chris blackmailed her to get it for me."

"That's the prettiest computer I've ever seen," Sam said, "and, um, what? Phone sex? Blackmail?"

"Blackmail is a tawdry word, let's say I made an agreement of mutual benefit. As to the first point, I plead the fifth. But it is from her mom and me."

Sam compared it to the terminal next to it, which was a dark gray box with a screen, a gray keyboard, all hard lines, ninety degree angles. The new one also had a screen, but there the comparison ended. There were no right angles, all curved slopes to the rear, green, red and blue panels, the keyboard a darker blue, the white lettering of the keys in sharp contrast.

"It's a FruitTree Computers RedFruit," Mel chirped, "a Plus model, they just came out like, last week!"

"FruitTree?" Sam sipped her coffee as she fought through the pain to think, "oh, wait. They did that big Super Bowl commercial couple years ago?"

"Yup," Chris said, his face turned back to the screen, "back in 1984. Their older ones look more like that one next to you, but even they had colors. Now, super sleek and awesome screens. Ok, Mel, I have the terminal emulator set up to call in for the physics system at the Uni so you can check your email, what's your password and we'll test it out?"

"Hah! You think I'm telling a blackmailer and phone sex pervert like you my password?"

Sam smiled, sipped her coffee to stifle a laugh.

"Only if you want someone skilled to use your email, you'll tell me."

"Skilled? I've seen your email. When that otter isn't writing on paper he's doing your email."

"Well someone's been sending rude emails to Sandy down at Mallomar and they're not from my account," Chris said, "why do you let YOUR otter do that?"

Otters? Sandy? Mallomar? Sam was totally confused as this discussion once again approached 'Anna is an alien' levels of absurdity. She put her left hand on the desk to steady herself as the fuzzy wool retightened its grip on her brain. Her fingers nudged the RedFruit's user manual as she balanced herself and she felt a hard, smooth surface. She looked down as the pair's inexplicable otter obsession deepened.

She saw a glassy surface with straight edges and slightly rounded corners. The glass was glued or somehow connected to some sort of hard, gray material behind it. She nudged the user manual off until she saw it was about the size of a large book, but had no markings other than a tiny, dark spot in the center of the 'top' edge, the one furthest from her. It was uniformly gray. Except.

"Hey, guys," she said in a stutter voice as their discussion had somehow escalated to involve assassin versus ninja otters, "hey... CHRIS! MEL!"

The spasm in her brain informed her of its unhappiness at her volume. But at least otters quit being discussed. The pair stopped, their eyes slightly wide as both heads snapped to look at her, the faces ghosted smiles.

"Um, what the hell is this thing?"

She looked down and tapped it with her finger, saw two mouths move from those smiles into 'ohs' of surprise as their eyes followed her gaze down to stare at the object.

"And why is there a little red light blinking in the corner of it?"

Sam's finger hovered over the glass at the 'top' left corner, although she didn't know if it had a 'top' or 'bottom' or whatever. She had the impression the blinking had started when she'd tapped it. Chris leaned toward the item and Mel stepped quickly to squeeze between him and the redhead, Sam fortunately reacted quickly enough to move her coffee and avoided the whirlwind of arrival sending it flying.

The whole of the glass seemed to flash dimly as the red light brightened. A glow spread to the whole glass surface and started to brighten slowly.

"Oh, shit...," Sam heard in stereo.

Phone Home?

[January 25]

Chris

"What's it doing?" Sam's question was met with murmurs.

The screen's glow stayed soft, with a handful of tiny black square dots spread randomly around the surface. Only the pinprick red light dimmed and brightened on a cycle a few seconds long. Mel handed Chris her coffee mug and he set it on the desk on the far side of the RedFruit.

"It's booting up, Sam," Chris said, "I think."

"Booting up? Like I said, what the hell is this thing?"

"Either the greatest thing in the world," even Mel was subdued, "or a major, major problem."

The red light dimmed and steadied. A window opened that covered most of the top half of the screen and unrecognizable lines of symbols ran across it and scrolled, lines disappeared at the top for a few long heartbeats before they stopped.

"It's called a padlet, Sam," Mel continued as they watched the screen, "and no one on this planet made it."

Sam drank the last of her coffee and eyed the mug longingly.

"If I go downstairs and get more coffee and come back will it still be here?"

"Not sure," she looked at Chris, "the aliens might break in and take it."

Chris smiled at Sam who stood with her mouth slightly open, frozen. Between them Mel stared at the padlet.

"Aliens..., Anna...," Sam said slowly and Chris shrugged.

"Chris..."

All eyes went back to the padlet. A line of unreadable symbols formed across the screen a third of the way from the bottom. With one recognizable word.

'Fred.'

Below that were four white buttons on the screen, a line of text under each.

"Those look like Russian and Chinese—-," Mel said.

"And that one is apparently alien," Chris said, "so I think I we choose..."

He tapped the one with 'English' under it. The text in the window scrolled again but this time in English.

'Hello, Fred. Battery is critically low but is charging using an unknown nearby device.'

"Is Fred the alien?" Sam's question.

"Dunno, I...," Chris stopped and looked at the RedFruit, "shit, it's somehow been charging from the RedFruit all night."

'Power too low for communication, cannot yet communicate with unidentified nearby device or ultranet. Continue charging for one hour for minimal use.'

The window dissolved and a timer appeared at the top left and an indicator in the shape of a battery outline.

"We have some time," Chris said, "but I don't know—-"

He went quiet as the screen brightened before a rectangular window covered the lower two-thirds of the screen and it displayed two people, a picture taken from their waists up to show their entire upper bodies and heads.

No. Not people.

"Holy frog balls," Mel said, "aliens."

The creature on the left from their view was apparently the male and it was a female around whose shoulders the male's left arm rested. At least, the one had breasts, under some sort of beige short-sleeved one-piece jumpsuit garments both wore. The bodies were reasonably human in proportion and shape except for their faces and very pale skin. The female was maybe an inch shorter but no scale for their actual heights, the background an unmarked gray wall. The female's hair a reddish-blonde, the male's brown, both cut short.

"Their noses look like cats, and hey, pointed ears. They're elves!" Sam's usually smooth high pitch wavered up and down, a strong note of anxiety.

"No lips, no wait, sort of but same color as their skin. And they have designs on—-," Mel's voice slow.

"In. Under their skin," Chris interjected, Mel nodded with a barley audible 'ah.'

"Paisley, paisley cloth."

"Yeah, like that ugly chair your dad sits in," Mel chuckled and nudged Chris.

"Hey, guys...," Sam's voice wasn't calmer.

"Sam... sorry," Mel put her left arm around the shorter woman's shoulders and pulled her close, "we've been right. From the beginning."

"I'm...," Mel grabbed Sam's mug and braced her, nudged her to the second chair in front of Chris's monitor and helped her sit down. She leaned her head against Mel just above the demon's hip and closed her eyes.

"She okay?" Chris's expression was worried.

Mel looked down then at Chris and nodded. Chris squinted at the padlet then at Mel and nodded down, she leaned forward but kept Sam braced. He put his finger an inch away from the faces on the screen.

'Gold eyes, both of them,' Chris mouthed, Mel's eyes widened a bit then she nodded, 'Asha. Aron.'

'Shit.'

The eyes were more oval or almond-shaped than round and had no whites. Each had some sort of black watch on their left wrist.

"The timer is at fifty-five," Chris said, "before it says it'll start broadcasting. Maybe I can find an off button."

"Broadcasting? Is it a radio?" Sam's eyes popped open.

"Yeah, Sam, sorta," Mel squeezed her shoulders.

"Good it's not in the storeroom then," Sam's voice was fast and thin.

"Storeroom? Why, Sam?" Chris tried to get her to talk and hopefully calm down.

"Teresa and me took her boom box in there. Promised her uncle we'd sort out everything, use the oldest up first. Wanted to listen to the radio. Bzzt. Nothing, wouldn't work."

Chris and Mel looked at her.

"Ok, yeah, I've looked at the walls and they're way overkill, must've meant it to be a bomb shelter. It wouldn't have been hard to put in EMF shielding," Chris said, "most people just put up a bunch of shelves in a corner. Like that upstairs room, they don't do half measures in this house."

"I definitely didn't do anywhere near enough research before I decided to move to this state, you people here are weirdos," Mel huffed, Sam's strained laughter was only barely from amusement.

"Weird? You're all fucking insane!" Sam said but her voice had a strong streak of anxiety.

"We have time. Mel, we should take the RedFruit down there too. They have power outlets. Hell, I should've realized when I saw that. And that water tap. Maybe take Sam downstairs? I'll—-"

"I'm ok," Sam said, stood, nudged Mel then wrapped her in a hug, "I'm going back to bed and when I wake up this dream will be over."

She released Mel and strode quickly out the door, Mel followed.

"She made it ok," Mel said, "at least to the next level."

Chris moved to the RedFruit's keyboard.

"Shutting it down, we'll run it all downstairs. There's room on the shelves for them both. We'll let it power up and hope if it blocks AM/FM it'll block whatever this uses. So long as it can reach the RedFruit."

"Loss of power source," Mel read, "need to restore."

The screen went dark except for the red light and that message in dim white text.

Chris jumped out of the chair and scrambled to unplug the RedFruit's power and modem cords. He gathered it and grunted as he collected it all in his arms.

"I've got the padlet, let's go," Mel followed him, "you know what's the freakiest part of this?"

"Freakier than apparent pictures of aliens?"

"Those gold eyes. How the hell...," she followed him down the stairs, at the bottom of the second set they saw Teresa's bedroom door closed.

"So there's Asha and Aron's eyes, Peter's message talked about green eyes which Anna has. Whatever the hell they are, whatever they really look like, let's hope there's some answers on this thing."

He led them into the storeroom and Mel pulled the door closed.

Chris grunted and directed her to a spot and she moved a large sealed container of wheat, he set the RedFruit into the spot and grabbed the cord and plugged it in. Mel set the RedFruit to the left side of it as Chris powered it up.

"Shit, cold down here," Mel said.

"Yeah, it is," he swirled a finger around one of her very erect nipples and each put an arm around the other's waist.

A few minutes later the padlet redisplayed the picture of the apparent alien pair. The human pair smiled. The padlet beeped and they jumped.

'Unknown device restored.'

"Sure this isn't an elaborate prank? Those gold eyes an inside joke?"

"No. This screen reminds me of liquid crystal displays, you know, like in the calculator you have," she had a doubtful look, "there's even tiny televisions, we just don't have the tech for this big yet. No one's spending the millions for this prank."

She kissed him.

"I'm going upstairs, get us some sweats," he 'brrred' in agreement, "get a couple of those folding chairs and we'll see what happens."

Falling, Falling, Falling

[February, 1986]

Chris and Mel sat in the last booth at Bill 'n Ada's, along the wall to their left side in a section without windows. Past any sort of dinner time but the bars didn't close for a couple of more hours so just a handful of tables or booths had diners. Rose had two glass coffee carafes and stood next to the couple's booth and three sets of eyes turned toward the woman who'd just entered, her shoulder-length dirty blonde hair in a loose perm. She had a worn dark brown leather jacket over a blue blouse and high-waisted jeans that fit the current style. Chris guessed she was similar in age to Maria's mid-thirties but her paler skin showed the remnants of slightly too enthusiastic tanning in her past. But she matched Dave's description and she'd obviously IDed them as soon as she'd entered. In their bare feet she and Mel would be pretty well eye to eye.

123456...8