Circle7: World on Fire Ch. 01

Story Info
Lucifer's new start isn't popular; fleeing Circle7.
2.8k words
4.68
6.5k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*Author's Note: Hello again, lovely readers! By popular demand, I'm continuing Circle7, starting with this introductory chapter to tie up some loose ends of the last series' finale. Note that word, there: INTRODUCTORY. I gotta hook you guys like last time, after all! Now, a couple of details. First of all, this is a story about Lucifer being a good(ish) guy. If you're going to start flaming about how blasphemous I am, just turn around now. Second, it is HIGHLY recommended that you read Circle7 before starting this series. Finally, yes, for the love of god, 'my' Lucifer has a speaking style cribbed from the recent television show. He is played by an actor that nails the role of Lucifer better than any that I've seen, so I decided to incorporate it. There are also thematic elements from Supernatural, an old ABC miniseries called 'Fallen', and even a couple references from Dogma. In no way am I trying to take credit for these fine pieces of work, but rather taking pieces of lore and combining it into something new. As always, if my writing isn't you cup of tea, no hard feelings. Just put the cup down and leave. Enjoy!*

-----

Lucifer Morningstar, former King of Hell, blinked in surprise as Father's light receded. His club, which had been torn to ruin by the confrontation with his brother Michael, was as grand as the day it was built; not a glass out of place. There were several patrons huddled wide-eyed in the corner, in shock at what they had just witnessed.

But Luke had eyes for none of this the second he saw Britney. She was radiant, still shining with the power she had helped him absorb from every human on the planet. Her eyes had bled to their angelic blue, although they were filled with tears as she rushed to embrace Luke.

"Ooof! Easy, Britney, easy. I just battled an Archangel, you know. I'm a little wiped out."

Britney sniffled and looked up at him, her tight hug loosening only slightly as she grinned sheepishly.

"I'm just really glad you're okay. What happened?"

Luke took a moment to think. What had happened? Somehow, whether through sheer desperation, or some connection with Britney's human side, he had drawn energy from every person on the planet. That shouldn't have been possible. His reach extended throughout his club, and he had some influence outside of it, but nowhere near the ability to sap every human being alive. Flexing his power, Luke cast a mental net as wide as he was able to. He could pull power from a group of humans that were about half a mile away, but no further. It seemed that whatever strength he had used to weather the storm of Michael's power had left him.

"Well, Britney, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. Father stopped the fight and...well, we had a long talk."

Britney pulled away to search his eyes, now returned to their glittering emerald hue.

"That had to be tough for you, Luke. I'm sorry."

Luke shrugged.

"I'm not, actually. A lot of things kind of clicked into place, you know? I've been fighting Father for what seems like forever. It took all of this...chaos, this calamity for me to figure out that I was wrong."

"So what happens now?"

Luke let out a long breath.

"I honestly don't know. Michael disgraced, me back in Father's good graces...the world has turned completely upside down. I tell you what I'm going to do first, though."

"What's that?"

"Take a long, long nap. Can you help me up to my room?"

Ignoring the shell-shocked patrons, Britney put one of Luke's muscled arms over her shoulder and helped the limping angel back to the room overlooking Circle7. Luke sagged in Britney's arms as he fell heavily into bed, surprised as Britney fell on top of him, her clothes already fluttering gently to the floor.

"Britney, love, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I don't think I'm really in the mood right now."

Britney placed a finger to Luke's lips even as her free hand worked over the buttons of Luke's shirt, carefully undressing him until Luke was just as naked as Britney. Britney wasted little time in covering Luke's chest with kisses, gently making her way to his neck. Luke was surprised. Britney was a Nephilim, possibly the last, and she had only just come into her power. It made her tremendously strong, a combination of the indomitable, almost limitless power of the human spirit coupled with the Divine knowledge of how to use it. Unfortunately, Britney was also so new to it that she couldn't entirely control her power. It made Luke very nervous to be so close to her in his weakened state. Luke knew Britney wouldn't do anything to hurt him on purpose, but she could be swept away in her power far more easily than an angel, owing to her mixed heritage.

Still, Britney seemed to be showing great restraint as she calmly and carefully worked her body against Luke's, causing his erection to grow regardless of his mood. Britney was carefully pouring energy into his body; not the torrential rush of power they had shared on previous occasions, but a more measured output. It was as though she was slowly imparting new life into Luke just by being close to him, just by having their naked bodies touching in one long, smooth line.

Even so, Britney wouldn't be satisfied with just cuddling. She sat back and guided herself onto Luke, feeling him tense in case she lost control. Thankfully, Britney only sighed pleasurably as she sank down onto the thick, long rod, languidly riding Luke. He gasped as her hips met his, fully impaling herself on him as she rode, hips circling slowly as she slowly fed Luke the energy he needed to restore himself.

Luke was feeling both impressed and ecstatic. Britney's control was seemingly improving by leaps and bounds, and her measured riding, while more intimate and gentle than their normal frantic fuckery, was rapidly bringing Luke to the edge. Just as he felt the last of his control slip, Britney kissed him deeply, shuddering as she felt the pleasure of her power being pushed up and into her lover. Luke let out a long moan as he felt the other side of fucking the angelic, climaxing intensely as Britney's power pushed him over the edge. As he did, Luke could feel energy rushing back into his veins, revitalizing and healing him.

Britney collapsed at his side, panting lightly from her exertions as she cuddled close to the angel beside her. Luke had saved her. He had saved everyone. And she felt like her life was just beginning.

-----

Luke awoke uneasy. There was a presence in the club below, something...other. Luke flared his power outward, but again found that he could only reach a short distance. It was as though the sheer amount of power from connecting with humanity had fused shut the channels from which he drew his energy. Frustrated, Luke slammed his hand down on the end table, waking Britney with a start.

"Luke? What's wrong?"

"I'm not sure. Stay here, Britney. There's something down in the club."

"Bullshit! I'm coming with you!"

Luke whirled on her, near-panic in his eyes.

"Britney, no. You have to understand. You're a Nephilim. They're supposed to be extinct. There are plenty of angels and demons that would love nothing more than to get their hands on you. Stay here. Please."

Sensing his nervousness, Britney did as she was asked. Luke carefully padded down the hallway to the club proper, clad only in a pair of drawstring sleep pants. There was a small woman sitting on the bar, her legs dangling and swaying like a child riding the swings. Slight and ephemeral, the waifish brunette called out to Luke.

"Step into the light and be known, Sammael. I mean you no harm on this night."

Luke walked up to the bar, studying the woman intently. The eyes that looked back at him were full of an age that belied her appearance.

"I don't know who you think you are, but I don't go by that name anymore. In fact, it's remarkably unhealthy to call me that."

The woman hopped off the bar, walking around to start mixing a drink.

"I am Father's Voice, Sammael. I walk this world and all worlds unafraid. But I am not here to antagonize, so Lucifer it is."

Luke took a step back, surprised.

"Metatron?"

"One and the same. We need to talk, Lucifer. Will you sit?"

Motioning to one of the large oak tables, Metatron joined Luke, margarita in hand.

"Humans may cause a great deal of pain and suffering, but they are quite competent when it comes to vice."

"Yes, they're regular captains of innovation, aren't they? Enough of the small talk. Metatron doesn't appear on Earth just to binge drink."

Metatron smiled as she took a long gulp of the cool drink.

"Not just to binge drink, no. I probably don't need to tell you that you've caused quite a stir recently, Lucifer."

"I hadn't noticed."

Metatron smiled wryly. "Of course not. Then consider this a favor, one I expect to be repaid. There are...rumblings, Lucifer. Both Above and Below. Plenty of angels are saying you've deposed Michael, and plenty of demons are saying you're abandoning them to Hell. You've made a lot of enemies, Lucifer."

"You're telling me that by not allowing Michael to flood the Earth, I'm in even worse shape than I was yesterday?"

"Yes. That seems accurate."

Luke sighed. They would have to leave. Too many people knew that Lucifer was in Seattle. Too many of the angelic and demonic would have felt the ripples of power caused by his confrontation with Michael. Luke urgently stood to leave.

"I appreciate the warning, Metatron. I'll collect Britney and we'll shut down the club for a while. Fly somewhere else and lay low for a century or two."

"That may not be possible, Lucifer."

Luke froze on the spot, turning slowly.

"What do you mean?"

Here, Metatron shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"Well, the fact of the matter is...Michael is still unaccounted for."

"WHAT?!?"

Metatron shrugged. "Father was more concerned with you, and in the chaos Michael escaped."

"Easy enough. Have Father strip him of his powers. Render the little shit impotent."

"That's the problem. We can't."

"What exactly do you mean, scribe? Father snaps his fingers and his will is done."

"Yes, but Father has already named Michael as the Sword of God."

"I don't especially care, Metatron! Michael did his level best to wipe out Father's favorite creations, and oh yeah, me in the process!"

"Father has also said, long ago, that Michael is to be the commander of the armies of Heaven, the Sword of God. It is in the Design, Lucifer, and to change it would be to prove God wrong. That simply cannot happen. Father is infallible. He cannot be wrong, or the very fabric of reality in which we find ourselves will cease to be. The only way for Michael to be stripped of his power would be if he willingly surrendered the mantle of the Sword of God. You know as well as I do that that is a highly unlikely option. Michael must be stopped."

"Best of luck with that, I've apparently got to start outrunning Heaven and Hell, and that's a mighty long run."

"I understand. As I said, I came as a warning. Be careful, Lucifer. You do tend to draw a great deal of attention to yourself. Perhaps it would be wise to abandon some of these trappings for a more inconspicuous locale."

"Got it, thanks. Lay low, don't cause a fuss. You can see yourself out, I trust."

As Lucifer turned, the air sizzled, and Metatron was gone.

-----

Luke packed several articles of clothing while he explained the situation to Britney. It was the work of just a few phone calls to make the necessary arrangements. He informed the club manager that he was taking an indefinite leave, called his pilot to send his private jet off in the wrong direction to fool potential pursuers, and finally booked two tickets to the Caribbean.

Their drive to the airport was uneventful, as was their check-in and boarding. Luke and Britney sat up in first class, sipping champagne as they both tried to hide their nerves. Luke was scanning the passengers, looking for any sign of supernatural behavior, when he heard the woman next to Britney strike up a conversation.

"So, honeymoon?"

Luke turned and looked at the speaker. She was short, maybe 5'4" or 5'5", with dirty blonde hair and oddly bright, deep brown eyes. She had quite the slim frame, which made her magnificently sculpted rear end look that much more enticing. Next to her was a well-dressed gentleman, tall and strong with eyes so brightly blue that Luke initially mistook him for an angel, only later realizing the brilliant sapphires were just the luck of genetics. Fortunately, while Luke was sizing up the couple, Britney fielded the questions.

"Oh no, nothing like that. We just wanted to get away from the rain and gloom for a while. What about you two? Romantic getaway? I'm Britney, by the way, and this is Luke."

The young woman smiled and laughed loudly, a musical twinkling of chimes that sounded quite lovely to both Britney and Luke's ears.

"Something like that. I'm Amy, and this is my boyfriend, Jake."

The pair of couples chatted animatedly to pass the time, discovering that were staying in neighboring resorts on the island. Jake and Amy had been together since a whirlwind adventure in Las Vegas, a tale which they told in turn, frequently interrupting each other and arguing about the events good-naturedly. Their conversation paused briefly as the plane encountered some violent turbulence, shaking the cabin and forcing the lights to flicker. This had the unfortunate side effect of making Britney and Luke's eyes flash blue, but was explained away as a trick of the light.

They were so busy hiding themselves that they didn't notice the passenger several rows back, haunting blue eyes fixed on what he had seen.

*****

Jake and Amy were certainly an entertaining couple, and quite a wealthy one, if their clothing and accessories were any indication. Luke knew hand-tailored work when he saw it, and bespoke clothing didn't typically come cheap. The beginnings of a plan began to form in his mind as the plane touched down, the couples parting ways after exchanging information and promising to get together later on in the week.

Luke and Britney got in their car as the driver packed their luggage, taking a long and bumpy drive to a magnificently appointed resort, tucked away in the jungle and backed against a flawless white sand beach. Far more important than its aesthetic, though, was this particular resort's reputation for protecting its patrons' privacy. Still, Luke couldn't shake his sense of unease at Metatron's words. Michael was on the run, with the near-limitless power of the Sword of God at his disposal, and any supernatural creature they encountered, whether demonic or angelic, was likely going to try and kill them. Their only real chance would be to disappear, and with Luke's lifestyle, discretion was often difficult. Even now, Luke had no doubt someone would be watching his various bank accounts and holdings. He only hoped that he had made it down here with Britney before anyone was watching.

Their room was elegant, beige and cream tones matching the Caribbean décor, complete with a sumptuous view of the sea, mere steps outside their door. As night fell, the fallen angel and the Nephilim curled beside each other on the couch facing their spectacular view, Britney idly trailing her hand up Luke's bare back, noting the faint scarring near his shoulder blades. Hesitantly, she ran her hands over them, feeling Luke wince as she did. Quickly, Britney pulled away.

"I'm sorry, Luke, I'm just...curious."

Luke smiled. "It's perfectly alright, my dear. I used to be rather self-conscious about them, to be honest. When I Fell, they were burned and ruined almost beyond recognition. I couldn't even remove them; Father made that impossible. He wanted me to remember the price for my arrogance. But when I spoke with him, when I realized that he had planned so much of what I thought was my own decision, Father restored them to their angelic state."

Britney sat up, intrigued. "So...would it be okay for me to see them?"

"I don't see why not. But pull the curtains first. I might be feeling a bit paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry right now."

As Britney pulled the shades, Luke stood and stretched, working his arms back and forth to get his blood moving. As Britney turned to watch, Luke focused on the muscles he needed to unfurl his wings.

Nothing happened.

Surprised, Luke dug down deeper, hunching his shoulders and straining as he tried to jump-start his wings' expansion. Nothing. Luke tried over and over, to no avail. Something had happened. Something impossible. Aghast, he looked up at Britney, his face a mask of anger and dread.

"My wings...they're gone."

*******

To be continued...