Cities of Power Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The king of the fourth city is one of them?" Talon asked, understanding the passage in the prophecy far better than either of the brothers.

"Your child is not the one foretold, but the Mystics have not separated the bow from the arrow yet. "You are the bow; one of them is the arrow. One cannot be without the other..." his voice trailed off as if his words struck an unknown cord with him, and he narrowed his eyes looking at Flint.

"Explain," Talon said, taking a seat at the table and pulling Trix to the bench beside him, unwilling to allow distance between them now that he had found her.

"The arrow, as it lies dormant, is nothing but a stick, with the bow it flies like the hawk or eagle. In that form, it is only deadly if it seeks its prey on its own. With a skilled bowman, however, it is a deadly weapon that can end or save life. You are the bow who starts it on its journey, one of them is the arrow, and I have the skills and aptitude to be the bowman and guide the arrow to bring life back to this world. I am not the only bowman poised to be that guide, but the one with the highest chance of success."

"Yet you are not sure which is the arrow, and you seek to fill your quiver with four arrows and see which flies true?" Talon accused. "Perhaps your skills require some honing."

"I have shielded the mother of your child and her brother from all who would seek them and planted the seed that brought them here, despite knowing that this town could be dangerous to them. Neither the Mystics of Pegasus, the fanatics of Gryphon, or the Elementals of Phoenix could find their life essence because of my diligence, so don't seek to question my skills, Hawk!" Judah hissed through clenched teeth showing his resolve to control this prophecy of destiny. "Each of you requires the help of someone like me and, in this world, there are three, maybe four at most who could be a bowman. One of those gave Trix and Flint the amulets of protection they wear."

"Gaylen?" Trix put her hand to her chest.

"No, though he is strong in his own way. Jason made the amulets, and without his protection you would not have made it far enough for me to take over the ward of the amulets," Judah admitted. "He is young and has not had the training required for one of our kind."

"Jason is just a kid," Flint grumbled, not quite believing what he was hearing. "When did you take over the ward?" Flint asked, suddenly thinking he had the proof of Judah meddling in his dreams.

"True enough, but a powerful kid, who even now heads toward us, as does Ayla, who is as old as Jason is young," Judah explained, ignoring the question about the timing of his ward. "You will all stay within the fortress until they have arrived and we have searched the mists together for the true Son."

"Well, I can make things easier for you, old friend," Mica said in a cheery voice. "I am the least likely of my brothers to do anything momentous. I am spoilt and selfish and love my life in Phoenix where the man I love is waiting for me to return." He shrugged and looked at Flint. "Tell Em and Cob I love them, but I won't be back anytime soon to live under father's iron fisted rule."

"I don't see how any of us have a choice, this fortress is like a prison, and Judah has his own agenda for his guests," Flint accused their host of subterfuge, even though he knew he had no real proof.

"Well, old friend, if you keep us here more than two days, and it feels like I walked for at least a day in that tunnel, I'm afraid our friends will swarm into your village demanding you hand us over to them," Mica said.

"Let them come," Judah said, as if he had no care about the prospect. "This part of the village is hidden by wards from those without invitation. It is how you found it when the eyes of your friend refused to see the entrance until he was within. You will stay until Jason and Ayla arrive. You may be in less of a hurry if I tell you that Emery walks with Jason to retrieve his twin. Cobalt could not be swayed to leave, so we must go to the walled village of Sparta if our efforts here do not show us the son of the prophecy."

"Are you sure it's one of them?" Talon asked. "I know the prophecy, the Mystics had me memorise it and gave me their interpretation. While what you have said was convincing, I am having trouble putting aside what I have been told."

"Trix carries your daughter, not your son," Judah informed Talon. "She is in no danger from me or any of those who hunt her once that fact is discovered. Until then she is completely safe here. Safer even than within the walls of Phoenix where the red warrior still bears her ill-will."

"Glow? Why?" Talon frowned at Judah.

"Women do strange things in the name of love," he said enigmatically.

"I'm sorry," Flint said to Mica. "I had hoped you would be able to help us get out of this prison, instead I have trapped you here with us."

"Let's not worry about it tonight, brother, we have wine and a lot to catch up on. Let's just enjoy the moment for what it is and worry about tomorrow when the sun comes up." Mica lifted the wine jug and poured more for himself and Flint. "It will be good to see Em, providing he doesn't kill you for leaving him behind. It must have hurt having to sever that link you two had when you were joined at the hip." He chuckled as Flint opened his mouth to protest, but instead drank deeply from his wine.

"I guess you could say I wasn't myself at the time, and perhaps Jason can explain why when he arrives," Flint said, darkly looking at Judah.

Judah sat back and watched the small group. It was going to be a difficult night for Flint and, unbeknownst to his brother, Mica was helping ease the heaviness of Flint's heart at seeing Trix so happy to see Talon. He was clever and shrewd, but should he be vengeful, then the meddling of Opal may have undone some of their hard work. The son of the prophecy would need to make hard decisions and put the feelings of those around them to the side as he came into his destiny. Once again he considered Flint. The quiet man said little, but when he did speak it was with certainty. He just had very little room for the magic of mysticism in his world; he wanted proof, and rarely acted on intuition alone. He was brought up in the faith of the Just and believed only what he could touch and see. If he was the one, Judah would have to open his mind to new horizons.

"Samael, could you take Talon on a tour and show him which room will be his?" Judah asked his Sargent at arms.

"I'll do it!" Trix volunteered, wanting to have time alone with Talon to talk to him about all that had happened. She was still worried that he might be mad at her for going missing and falling pregnant the first time they had been intimate with each other.

"Why don't you all go? Samael can show you which room has been put aside for Talon's use. I will look after our other guest, we have some things to catch up on," Judah smiled warmly and Talon got the impression they were being dismissed for another purpose entirely. He didn't mind if he got to spend the rest of the evening with Trix, however, and went willingly into the fortress with Trix at his side.

The couple were quite oblivious to the eyes that watched them leave, both pleased and hating the situation. Flint knew that his desire was wrong and unnatural and that the nights of holding her close had to end. He was pleased that he would stop having to fight his dark urges during those long nights, but he hated the thought of her with anyone else, especially the handsome Warrior, Talon, who looked at her with so much love and lust that Flint clenched his fists wanting to punch his handsome face, even though he knew it was the effects of whatever spell held him in love with his sister.

*****

Once left alone in his room, Talon pulled Trix into his arms. He kissed her gently and pulled back, searching her face, trying to see the subtle difference from the sweet innocent girl he had met in the village and the woman she was now in a bandit village being held hostage to a madman and prophecy that had the world going insane.

"How are you, really?" he asked quietly. "The travel must have been hard on you, especially given the fact that you are carry a growing life within you."

"I feel great, better than ever, if I am honest. I haven't had any morning sickness or any signs that what they say is true. I feel it, though, the small flicker of life, it helped me believe I would see you again," she smiled shyly. "I was worried you would give up looking for me and that I wouldn't be welcome in Phoenix if I tried to get to you."

"I found you though, and wouldn't have stopped looking," he said, knowing that he had begun to give up hope of finding her before the mystics of Pegasus. "You fill my every thought because I love you. I have loved you since the first night we spent in this village. You were so brave and accepting of what was happening, I've never met anyone like you before."

"I love you too," she whispered, and offered up her lips to his kisses.

Talon had dreamed of this moment. He had wanted to slow down time and savour each moment knowing there was no rush or danger when they finally met like this again. His relief and need at seeing her again overcame him though, and he could feel the same in in her. They moved toward the bed as one, and rather than taking the time to disrobe he pushed her skirt up as he had that first time and settled himself between her legs, the leather of his pants skimming down his thighs as he pushed forward.

Trix lifted her legs, widening them to adjust to his hips as he pressed into her, making her gasp. The feel of him entering her was different this time, and she closed her eyes, savouring the fullness their joining gave her. She tightened her inner muscles, wanting to feel all of him, and widened her eyes as she heard his groan, wondering if she had somehow hurt him.

They moved together, each marvelling at the feel of the other, their breath quickening and their bodies building up to the climax they had both been wanting for the last month they had been parted. Trix exploded first, her arms winding tightly around him as he continued to move faster within her, and she cried out in pleasure, feeling him stiffen and his cock throb within her depths. She loosened her arms minutes later and smiled at him as he gazed down into her face.

"I'm sorry," he murmured between ragged breaths.

"Why? That was wonderful." she was confused by the apology.

"Not as wonderful and it can be, and will be once we get rid of these," he pulled at her clothes playfully. "I want to feel all of you; touch all of you and make love to all of you, but I couldn't wait to be in you again." He saw her look at him curiously and smiled. She had lived a sheltered life and probably had no idea what he was talking about. He had every intention of showing her though, and he kissed her deeply as he started to peel away the layers of clothes between them.

Two hours later Trix lay with her limbs entangled around Talon's, floating on a cloud of endorphins. The first time had been wonderful, but what they had just done was amazing and she wanted more. She felt tingles from the ends of her toes to the tip of her nose. She nuzzled his neck and kissed his chin, her hand sliding down his body.

"Again?" he chuckled.

"Mmhmm," she murmured between kisses.

"I need rest in between, it's not so easy for me to rise to the occasion a third time so soon," he wrapped his arms around her and held her to him. "Rest for a little bit, I will be here when you wake," he whispered. "Then we will know this wasn't another dream but the start of our forever."

"Forever," she whispered back and lay her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat and knowing he was real.

*****

"I didn't mean to do it, I just wanted them to be safe and together," Opal opened her eyes again and looked at her friends, blinking away the tears.

"Love is a strong magic and a mother's love can have a stronger bond than any," Gaylen patted her hand. "You must remove it and allow them to live their lives. If not, then you risk them even more as the prophecy starts to unwind itself upon the earth."

"I'm not sure what I did to create it except pray," she admitted.

"The prayer was strong enough to become a spell which bound Flint to Trix so definitively that he can't break free the way she can. You need to try or he will suffer daily in torment from it," Gaylen made sure she knew how important this was. "Think about the prayer you used and the strength of your love for your children. If you can't undo this you we will surely lose him to insanity."

"Mother?" Cobalt asked, walking in from the forge. "What's going on?"

"I am just missing your brothers," she sniffed and looked at her friends for help.

"I have heard from a mystic that they have all found each other and are ready to make their way here," Gaylen said, softly squeezing Opal's hand. "Flint suffers from a malady and a healer is tending to him so he might be well enough to travel home. Emery seems to suffer as well, but not as severely."

"That's good news, surely," Cobalt looked at his mother. "What of Trix?"

"She is married to a warrior of Phoenix and with child. She will not travel with your brothers, but she will come when the time is right," Gaylen said in an apologetic way.

"She's barely come of age," Cobalt blurted. "What sort of a warrior would take advantage of a child like that?"

"He married her, Cobalt, and she went willingly," Opal said softly. "They fell in love here and she followed him to Phoenix."

"Here? Under our watch?" Cobalt was shocked and sickened that he hadn't taken better care of his little sister. He loved her and wanted only to protect her. "No, I love her," he felt physically ill from the feeling of loss he felt. "When she was born, we all promised you we would love her and protect her and we have let you and her down." Cobalt seemed to crumple before them as the world spun in front of his eyes.

"Maybe you could help us bring your brother home safely. Would you sit with us for a moment?" Gaylen asked, sensing that the spell affecting Flint was an exacerbated form of a spell that had been cast at Trix's birth. He considered why Mika seemed unaffected. "How old was Mica when Trix was born?" He asked Opal.

"Two, and just as precocious as he always was." She smiled thinking of her cheeky youngest son.

"Too young to swear the oath to love and protect his little sister," Gaylen nodded, finally making sense of why they couldn't break the spell. The spell had been bound to Trix herself like invisible cords that held her brothers too her. Opal's prayer spell had only strengthened and altered what was already there, which was why no one seemed able to break it.

"You must release them from that oath now that she is grown and allow her the power she was born with," Elita said gently. "You have protected and hidden her in their hearts for long enough, but you are killing them with her strangle hold on their lives. They will still love her and protect her, there is no need to enforce their oath any longer."

"You don't understand, you weren't there," Opal put her hands to her face with more tears.

"You must release them or one by one lose your sons. There is a great deal more happening in this world than either you or I know, and your children will be part of it. They cannot survive unless they are whole and unfettered." Gaylen was adamant. "Start with Cobalt so we can see if it makes a difference. The others we can do over distance using the witches as a conduit."

*****

Trix felt light headed and blinked rapidly as her world spun and everything seemed to have a sharper focus. She staggered and her knees buckled. She felt, rather than saw, Talon as he reached for her and lifted her into his arms. Then she closed her eyes and remembered nothing more.

The sun kissed golden streaks in her hair seemed to glow as Talon lay her on a chaise, propping a cushion under her head. Her eyes remained closed as blackness mercifully took away the stabbing pain she felt in her head moments before she passed out.

"Seek out Gaylen!" Judah barked at Jason, who looked on with wide eyes. Jason linked hands with his fellow magicians, who stood next to the chaise transfixed by the glowing vision of the small girl they had dismissed as merely a catalyst to the bigger prophecy, and gave Jason the strength to travel the distance and find the mind of the man he called Uncle. It was his mother he found instead, and he looked through her eyes to the sobbing Opal and the form of Cobalt waking as if from a feint.

Elita and Jason linked together, sharing the knowledge and sight with each of the magicians to which they were linked. Opal seemed to cry out in pain as each of her sons crumpled to the ground clutching at their chest, only Mica seemed untouched by the moment.

"Someone better tell me what the hell is going on!" Mica shouted in fear and anger as he saw Emery and flint both crumple and his sister levitate from the chaise, glowing like an ember in the forge.

"Don't touch them!" Talon yelled, as he saw Mica about to break the link of the magicians. "You could kill her." His eyes were wide as he watched Trix in her suspended state. Then, just as suddenly as it had started, it ended, and Trix landed back on the chaise with a thud. Both Emery and Flint seemed to be rousing themselves and only the magicians remained as they were linked in a mystical world none of the others could fathom.

"Come back to me, Trix, come back!" Talon begged, holding her hand and willing her to wake up. "I just found you. You can't leave me now."

Jade moved from the recovering forms of Flint and Emery to where Talon sat with Trix. "Please, let me help her, I promise I will do no harm to her or the baby," she said gently, asking permission before touching the girl Talon had shielded from her touch since her arrival.

"No, help them," he nodded at the magicians who seemed to sag with fatigue.

"That was surprising," Judah mused, moving around to where Trix lay comatose. "Tell me, Hawk, do you too hold power of the elementals?"

"Enough to blow a name in the breeze," he admitted. "Not enough to do any good to anyone here."

"Air is not your strong suit. Have you trifled with the other elements?" Judah was curious.

"Why would I? I am clan air," Talon said as if he was an idiot for asking.

"What difference does that make?" Ayla asked. "Jade's mother was a green but is able to wield the healings of each of the colours of Pegasus, as can she; though her strength will grow with experience."

"More reason to keep her away from me and Trix," Talon snarled. His hatred of Pegasus clouding his mind and stopping him from letting the healer help the woman he loved.

"Don't be a child. She was not party to the lunacy that saw you arrested and imprisoned," Ayla said. "If you aren't going to be helpful, then get out of the way, young Hawk." Ayla forced him away from Trix allowing Jade to tend to the girl.

Trix woke, fluttering her eyes. The world seemed somehow brighter, sharper in focus, and she gazed up into the soft smile of the shy girl who had arrived with the witch, Ayla.

"You and your baby will be well now, as will your brothers. The spell that bound you all to an oath of protection has been lifted," she smiled.

"It wasn't the amulets that protected us?" Trix asked.

"No, they merely centred the oath and gave you a stronger bond to your brother, Flint," she said in her quiet gentle way. "Each of your brothers bore the oath in their own way."

"So why wasn't I affected like they were?" Mica asked, listening to the conversation and hovering over Trix.

"You were too young when the oath was born. Your love of your sister is true and your own. Your brothers bore the true burden of the spell, and Flint more so than the others because he is, well... he is special," she smiled at the recovering man as he sat with his brother, Emery. "It is his destiny to heal this world."